[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix Wonder Trade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 13

File: wonder.jpg (29KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wonder.jpg
29KB, 1280x720px
How do we fix Wonder Trade?
>>
You can't
It's WONDER trade
Do you get the idea
>>
Does it need to be? Wonder Trading is fun as heck
>>
im dumping a box of zigzagoon into it, will post pic of hauls when i finish
>>
>>26985714
>Pokemon get "value ratings" based on Rarity, Level, Shiny status, IVs, movepool, ribbons, etc
>Cannot ask for pokemon on the GTS that are more than two value deviations from what you're offering
>Wonder-traded pokemon are more likely (but not guaranteed) to be traded for pokemon of similar value
>>
>>26985714
by adding betting with real money
>>
By banning NFE Pokemon.

It's a lot more effort to send a box full of Linoones than a box full of Zigzagoons.
>>
>>26985797

Enjoy everything being hacked.
>>
>>26985714
If I get a zigzagoon I just send it back.
i don't really see the problem, does everyone else just sperg out when this happens?
What did you expect, box legendaries?
>>
>>26985714
Nothing is wrong with Wonder Trade. It's fun because of its simplicity. You get something completely random, with no restrictions other than that it belongs to someone who also decided to use Wonder Trade at that moment.
>>
>>26985768
I wonder traded a box of pokemon and got 6 Wurmple and 9 Zigzagoon
>>
>>26985834
That's an unfixable and largely unrelated issue, though. As soon as you start hacking, literally no pokemon have value, given that they can all be replicated.
>>
File: DSC_0085.jpg (886KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0085.jpg
886KB, 2048x1536px
30 zigzagoon left, 2 zigzagoon arrived. other than those i got a pretty solid mix
>>
>breed for 6 IVs
>get a ton of 5 IVs
>WT them
>get awful shitmons back
>release them
yeah
>>
I like the wonder trade system. Sure, I don't actually want anything out of it, but I get a nice feeling thinking that some little kid might pull something cool in exhange for their metapod or whatever.
>>
>>26986199
Asshole, it's idiots like you that ruin an otherwise fun service
>>
File: 1465790562434s.jpg (3KB, 125x94px) Image search: [Google]
1465790562434s.jpg
3KB, 125x94px
I just don't like the thought that I'm receiving hacked mons. It really triggers me thinking about the fact that most of the good ones I have from WT are probably hacked.
>>
>>26985797
That doesn't sound fun, how about it uses an rarity system exclusive to WT. You put a pokemon in and the pokemon you get depends on how many of the same species of pokemon are in the cue.
Let's say you offer a wurple but there are 40 wurmples in the system. You will get a pokemon that there are ~40 of it in the system.
So rarity is not bound by how rare something is to get, and it will drive players to go out of their way to find pokemon and discourage mass dumping,
>>
>>26986324
The logic here doesn't make sense because it implies that people who wonder trade good things are discouraged recieving zigzagoons for them. But nobody would trade a great pokemon for a totally random pokemon, and especially no one with any inclination towards understanding the tendency of people doing this sort of thing. In other words, no one wonder trading good stuff is trading expecting to get something good back and are merely doing it out of the goodness of their heart. So people who actively wondertrade shitmons aren't ruining anything.
>>
>>26985714
Assign each Pokémon a secret value based on how common it is to be put on the wonder trade. Weight the randomiser so you are more likely to get a Pokémon with a similar value. Update these values daily.
>>
>>26986324
the ones i send hold rare candies, bred in dreamballs and penta and shiny
>>
>>26985840
>If I get a zigzagoon I just send it back
>I just send it back
>Sending back wondertrade shit

This is why Release exists for a reason anon, don't shit up the wonder trade by putting back stuff people will never ever want
>>
By clamping down hard on cheaters. Ban them from any and all online activity, purging the hacked mons that have all but fucked everything up, and black listing their nintendo network IDs
>>
File: No anon.png (29KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
No anon.png
29KB, 600x330px
>>26986418
It's not like that's going to reduce the amount of shitmons polluting Wonder Trade, dipstick.
>>
>>26985714
allow eggs.
pls.
>>
>>26986397
Exactly. It has to be simple, flexible, use a supply-demand balance, and able to adapt without needing external input.
>>
Rating system, rate your trade partner 1-10 or something

you only trade with people plus or minus your rating
>>
>>26986216
If I wait for Japan to be awake, a box of breeding rejects will normally net 4 or 5 pretty decent things.
>>
>Point system
>You either lose or gain points when sending a Mon into Wonder Trade
>Each Pokemon has a certain value based on their rarity (negative value for common shitmons, positive or zero for others, rare and evolved Pokemon have higher value)
>Each perfect IV increases the value of the Pokemon (so it's possible to increase your score with early route shitmons if they have multiple perfect IVs so that the positive points outweigh the rarity value)
>Value increased by Hidden Ability and shininess too
>The game pairs people with similar score for trades
There, it's fixed. All the people sending shitmons will only receive shitmons while the people sending breeding leftovers receive good stuff from other similar people.
>>
the easiest best solution would to have wonder trade operate with level brackets. if you trade a pokemon level 1-10 you will get a pokemon level 1-10. if you trade a pokemon level 91-100 you will get a pokemon level 91-100.

this would make wonderlocking a lot more challenging as well. so you don't trade that first route caterpie and get a level 65 hydreigon...instead you get a level 3 deino and actually get to have a fun run.

the gts should have more filter options though
>>
File: 1459298492739.png (302KB, 966x817px) Image search: [Google]
1459298492739.png
302KB, 966x817px
>>26986450
>get eggs
>cycle around
>get FUCKING WURMPLES
>>
I'VE GOT IT
Make it so that no one can keep sending the same species until a time limit passes.
>send zigzagzoon
>wait 1hour before sending another
>or just send some other shitmon with the same result
>>
>>26985714
More like fix the GTS. There should be a shinies exclusive on there that lets you trade shinies for shinies. You'll still be able to trade shinies on the normal GTS, but this is for people who don't like a shiny they got and want a different one in return. Asking for mythical and legendary Pokemon is only allowed if you're putting one up for trade.
>>
>>26986523
If you make it difficult to dump 4IV breeding rejects, no-one will ever WT good stuff
>>
>>26986349
That's actually a pretty good idea. I hope John is lurking
>>
>>26986379
when i trade my breeding leftovers i don't expect much but at least it's cool to get other leftovers of pokemon i didn't thought about breeding before, not your pathetic worthless trash
>>
>>26986556
But anon, who on Wonder trade actually wants that shit?
>injectors exist
>children exist
>>
>>26985834
>2016
>Still not hacking pokemon.
>>
>>26986526
The GTS has never had a proper filter system.
And as it is now it is super slow and inefficient.
Is it difficult to add a constant preferences setup, let me exclude the pokemon I haven't even seen and keep it that way for the next trades.
>>
>>26986199
But what's the point? Sending zigzagoons mean that you don't have rejected breeds, so you don't play in competitive. Filling dex through this method is useful at a certain point, because you usually get the same pokemon
>>
>Now you can rate pokemon or traders
>>
>>26986589
Exactly. We need a filter system to make the thing actually useable. Start with not allowing legendary and mythical pokemon requests unless if you're trading one yourself, and allow shiny trading.
>>
>>26986589
Found the retard. I assure you that if you deposit a good offer it'll get taken in minutes. The things that stay up are the worst offers
>>
>>26986591
i dunno, its a kinda fun way to kill some time. also, its always nice when you get a shiny through wonder trade
>>
>>26986627
No I agree if you are the offerer. But is that an excuse, sometimes you are the trader, why swim in stupid offers and refresh constantly. Make it easy for the traders too and things will be taken in seconds.
>>
>>26986642
For god's sake anon, breed something that hatches quickly instead of zigzagoon or some other random shitmon. It will be even quicker than catching zigzagoons
>>
>>26986696
I don't know, anon. It's nice to see offers for Pokemon even if you don't have it. Had several times where I got that Pokemon needed for the trade before someone else traded for it. It would be nice as an option to exclude those though.
>>
so, on a somewhat related issue: who sends the worst shitmons over wonder trade? who sends the good stuff? i've had a pretty good streak with germans but hate mexicans
>>
>>26986696
>>26986627
Also don't forget that a trader can trade many times in the same instance, while an offerer does his trades one at a time.
It should be more efficient to be a trader, but it isn't and that's the problem

>>26986748
It doesn't have to go to the other extreme, more options without removing the old ones.
>>
>>26985797
That would ruin things for people that trade with themselves between games for trade evos via GTS.
>>
>>26985797
I'm all for some filters to better ease the experience, but this is just too complicated.
>>
>>26986571
It's cool but the point is you don't expect anything in return when the initial point was that people who trade shitmons are ruining it for somebody when the people who trade good shit aren't discouraged by it, because they wouldn't be trading decent leftovers otherwise. If you genuinely thought you shoudl gert something equal relative value in return, why in the world are you throwing it on wonder trade? If you don't care what you get in return, then why does it matter to you what other people are trading?

Also I like the implication that I'm not someone who also trades breeding leftovers over wonder trade and I actually go out and catch zigzagoons and wurmple and shit actively to wonder trade which is absolutely absurd considering the former I get just by doing what I normally do.
>>
>ITT: solutions that also kill WTing breedjects
>>
>>26987131
This. If you want actual good trades why are you seeking a randomizer? The sole point of wonder trade is for it to be entirely random.
>>
>>26985714
Only send through mons that you would be happy getting, and release all the shitmons you get back.

>>26985858
You traded a full box of 30 Pokémon and only got 15 in return?
>>
>>26985714
>Bonus pokemile points if the pokemon you trade has egg moves
>Bonus pokemiles points for each perfect IV
>Add more items obtainable from pokemiles
Fixed. Now there is a reason to trade good mons on wondertrade. Faster supply of rare candies or other valuable items from pokemiles for not being an asshole.
>>
Fix it by removing the shitters who monetize their Wonder Trade streams at YouTube & Twitch on certain days
>>
>>26987204
fuck even with the current pokemiles trade-ins this would be incredible for getting pp-ups
>>
>>26985714
>cannot wondertrade the same Pokemon within a 10 minute period
or
>limit 5 Pokemon to wondertrade a day
>>
>>26986595
>>26986495
>>26987329
These Anons get it.
>>
File: its my time.jpg (9KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
its my time.jpg
9KB, 480x320px
>>26985714
>Sun/Moon Comes out
>Catch a bunch of Cutieflies
>Nick Name them all 'Zika'
>Wondertrade them
>>
>>26986436
Lost a couple of Battle Spot matches?
>>
>>26986467

This
>>
File: topkek.jpg (15KB, 374x250px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.jpg
15KB, 374x250px
>>26987360
>>
>>26986778
I'm Mexican and I trade my breeding failures but I agree that most of us trade shit zizagoons.
Japs have given me good stuff many times, even legendaries.
>>
>>26987059
That'd be part of the point; it'd deter people from being assholes in general, as opposed to just having them default to other assholeish behaviors. The system would only be explained by "make sure the trade is fair! And remember; the better you give, the better you're likely to get!" in-game.
>>
>>26986863
But from nintendo's perspective that'd make sense, given you're supposed to have bank and it's only five dollars a year you jew holy shit .
>>
File: John_C._Reilly_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg (211KB, 812x812px) Image search: [Google]
John_C._Reilly_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg
211KB, 812x812px
>>26986438
Actually, it does.
>>
>>26987367
You caught me bro
>>
Idk about you guys, but I enjoy breeding stuff like Dratini and nicknaming it TESTlCLE. I can imagine the joy of some kid getting a semi rare Pokemon only for it to have a terrible nickname.
>>
>>26987648
Not that guy. I'm from the third world country known as Greece and all overseas transactions have been frozen for a year now. No ebay no e-shop nothing. It's not that I don't want to It's that I can't.
>>
I use wondertrade for breeding leftovers and just seeing what come through. I could release IV bred pokemon, but someone else would probably like the pokemon.
You can't fix wondertrade because that's what it is. Trade a pokemon and recieve a totally random one. Only way to fix it is to out number the spammers of shit with IV breeding left overs and high level pokemon you don't use anymore.
>>
Damn people are salty as fuck getting wurmples and zigzagoon. if you don't like what you get, you either release or send it back.

Who the fuck cares, it's a random roulette mechanic.

It's actually pretty great early on when the games come out. I got an Electrike right when I needed it, but before I got to the area they were at so I had some help early on with one of my favorite Pokemon.
>>
>>26987695
I got a bunch of Shinies from Diamond where I can still make it so all wild Pokemon are shiny and name them shitty things. Pretty great.
>>
>>26985714
ban all chinese from it
>>
>>26987923
I also use Emerald to clone my shiny Numel and do the exact same thing if I feel like going through all the migrating.
>>
>>26985714
If getting shitmons on wonder trade triggers you, you don't get the point of wonder trade.
>>
>>26985819
You can catch Linoone in the wild tho, and what about NFE that aren't garbage like starters...
>>
How do people feel about Pokemon that are legit raised, but cloned?

I did a few giveaways with a few Pokemon I cloned, and enjoyed the hell out of it. I might do some more before Sun/Moon come out.
>>
>>26987923
Is this why I have a shiny Greninja named Yogurt?
>>
>>26986500
>caught in a quick ball
>>
The only way to fix WT is by only allowing you to trade a 'mon with your OT number.
>>
Giving you the option to cancel the trade when you see the other player's region.
If you see anyone from South America it ceases to be a wonder trade since you know instantly you're getting a Zigzagoon.
>>
>>26989357
Meh, only a little. You would still run into people who catch box's worth of route 1 common.
>>
More vicious anti-cheat. I've gotten clear hacked pokemon like a level 100 shiny lugia and Zoroark, maxed out IVs and EVs with full PP ups on all moves. Their moves were set up just like the ones found on Smogon's site.

I'm grateful for the shiny appearances added to my dex, even if they're shitmons, but come on.
>>
>>26986349
Only downside is you're breeding and end up with a full box or two of breedjects of one species, fucking you over for putting in good IV mons
>>
>>26986575

If you're cheating (I'm sorry, "injecting"), then why are you using Wonder Trade? You've already got what you want.

Wonder Trade was developed for people playing legitimately to have fun. As soon as you inject, you're not the target audience any more, period.
>>
>>26986481
>>26985797
These are fabulous ideas, only faggots like >>26986199 would shit on them
>>
>>26986778
Surprisingly the French tend to net me some pretty sweet legits.
I get a ton of obvious hackmons from Canada and Australia, though.
>>
>>26987648
>and it's only five dollars a year you jew holy shit
I don't normally link to gaymefags but here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/73944346

I'm a good goy though and have been renewing my subscription since release. It's where I keep my living dex.
>>
>>26989497
At least you don't have to worry about retards constantly recycling the same shitmon garbage
>>
>>26989612
Literally what is wrong with this, either keep it, release it, or put it back in to someone who actually appreciates that shit.

It's like you WANT something sub par, you're probably being the recipient of someone who wanted to give away nice shit just for fun, I do that all the time with pkhex.
>>
>>26990088

Stop littering the wonder trade with hacked Pokemon, faggot. It ruins wonder trading for people who only play legit.
>>
>>26985840
>>26986438
It's faster to just release the shitmons anyway so you're wasting everyone's time

I like wonder trading. I did a bit of breeding since I've been on greyhounds a lot recently, wonder traded the near perfects away and got someone else's near perfect female from the same egg group.

>>26985714
If I were to change anything, I would add an Egg only wondertrade option.
>>
>>26990327
I like how you disregarded everything I said.

H O W
O
W

Does it do that?

You're pretty good at baiting i'll give you that :^)
>>
>>26990327
Why should it matter?

A vast majority of the community is kids anyway, all they care about is legality.

So why should a select few autists control what goes towards the whole community? Hacked mons in wonder trade aren't detrimental at all, or at the very least not compared to everyone's favorite, Ziggy, Fletch, and Bunnel.
>>
Wonder trade, as it is now, is great
>get all the vivilion colors
>get hidden ability starters
>get a ton of Pokémon from people around the world for a living Pokédex do you can get cool things from the lotto

And i put in my 4IV guys exclusively and I don't breed for shitmons unless it's going to have 4IV,hidden ability, or a nifty moveset

>kids getting 4IV Drawing with aqua jet, extreme speed, and multi scale
>kids getting elekid with fire punch and ice punch in fast ball
>>
>>26990626
I doubt kids even care about legality at that.

Shiny Wonder Guard Spiritomb would have been my dream had it been available when I was little.
>>
>>26985714
I want to leave a box of pokemon and put it up for trade, and see what comes back. itll be convenient and fun and stupid
>>
People who haven't beaten the Elite 4 only get paired with other people who haven't beaten the Elite 4.

People who HAVE beaten the Elite 4 only get matched with other people who have also beaten the Elite 4.
>>
File: 758.png (97KB, 523x565px) Image search: [Google]
758.png
97KB, 523x565px
>>26985858
jokes on you, I got a shiny Eevee and a Mew by trading a Zigzagoon and a Wurmple, both lvl4
>>
>>26985714
I have continuously strived to destroy Wonder Trade, filling it up with shitmons as much as possible
>>
>>26991646
Congrats on pissing in an ocean of piss
>>
You can't send back shit you've received for 30 minutes.
Zigzagoons and Wurmples wouldn't be a serious problem if people didn't keep putting them back into circulation as soon as they got them. If you're insulted by receiving a shitmon, release it. Don't subject everyone else to that garbage.
>>
>>26986438
That's... literally what it does.
>>
File: evil laughter.gif (999KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
evil laughter.gif
999KB, 500x330px
>>26987695
If I knew how to inject I would fulfill GTS shitmon-for-legendary trades from the kids who put "NO NICKNAME", but I'd name all the legends TESTICLE or something

Like how fucking entitled do they think they are?
>>
>>26985797
This is how I'd like it to improve. But there should also be an option to trade it regardless of value rating for people that like to feel generous.
>>
File: 1467389910845.jpg (91KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1467389910845.jpg
91KB, 640x400px
>>26985714
>>
>>26993253
>asking for something makes you entitled
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.