[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn this game is dull

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 3

File: pokedaycare.jpg (54KB, 590x354px) Image search: [Google]
pokedaycare.jpg
54KB, 590x354px
Playing this for the first time. At first I didn't understand the hate; just turned off exp share and was having a good time. But now after the fairy gym I'm thinking of dropping it. The game is just boring.

>Even without exp share all trainers and gym leaders are trivial
>New pokemon are either shit or difficult to obtain at a reasonable time
>There's no way to easily raise caught pokemon (no audino equivalent)

It's like they took a step back from gen 5 and put a new coat of paint over it.

Am I off the mark here? I was considering setting up/playing the Neo X hack, is that a better option?
>>
Kalos overall is really boring for me. The story and pokemon are ok
>>
>>26985265
First you complain that the game is too easy then you complain you cant easily train your pokemon.

Choose one
>>
>>26985265
Well, it's objectively better than gen 4 or 5, but to each their own.
>>
>>26985285
Bait
>>
Reminder that OP posted this thread earlier (which is still in the catalog)
>>26982427

Report him for the well being of this board
>>
>>26985285
But anon any gen is better than gen 4 and 5.
>>
>>26985265
>>New pokemon are either shit or difficult to obtain at a reasonable time
I didn't have this issue at all. Late game pokemon are hard to raise as with all gens without Exp Share, but you can easily fill out a team of Kalos only Pokemon well before mountain Kalos.
>>
>>26985285
>>26985305
Samefag
>>
>>26985285
It's definitly better than Gen 5 (not that hard lmao), but it's not better than Gen 4
>>
>>26985265
>>There's no way to easily raise caught pokemon (no audino equivalent)
It's called, you know, the experience share.
>>
>>26985285
(You) really want it don't you

>>26985284
He saying there's no where to grind up a new member, you're better off sticking with your old team and first encounters
>>
>>26985265
>>26985279
>>26985292
>>26985315
Samefag
>>
>>26985320
But that overlevels your team at the same time dumbass
>>
>>26985265

Pokemon was never really hard outside of E4 and certain gyms.

Every Pokemon games outside of gen 5 has no easy ways to raise caught Pokemon.
>>
>>26985332
So? Do you have level autism or something?
>>
>>26985326
Fag
>>
>>26985337
The whole point of catching a mon up like he said is to get them to a similad level to the rest of your you fucking retard
>>
>>26985339
>>26985326
>>26985315
>>26985292
>>26985305
>>26985285
Samefag
>>
>>26985265
>Turned of exp share
>no easy way to raise pokemkon
>turned off exp share...
>no easy way to raise
/vp will complain about everything and anything XY was a 10/10 game along with ORAS everyone who disagrees sounds like a genwunner
>>
>>26985265

Holy shit, what a whiny little bitch
Everyone complain that Gen 6 is too easy and then there's this faggot who cry because raising his pokemon is too hard and he needs Audino handholding
>>
>>26985360
Even bigger fag
>>
>>26985349
It's going to gain more experience than the other Pokemon if you do the switch in and out thing which you had to do with Audino most of the time anyway, especially early on. Again, unless your issue is that you want all your Pokemon to be the same level (which is not the fault of Gamefreak), there is no issue
>>
>no sense of exploration in gen 6, the first 3d main games
>exploring has been shit sense gen 4

Good thing SuMo will fix this
>>
>>26985315
>>26985326
>>26985360
Samegag.
>>
>>26985365
>>26985367
The whole problem with the new exp share is that you can't control the rest of your team getting overleveled at the same time because like they said the gyms are too easy. Also there like no rematchable trainers or Audino's it's just basic trainers and under leveled wild Pokemon
>>
>>26985376
Well it's not like there's rematchable trainers in the game.
>>
>>26985399
Then do like you did before Gen 5, crybaby
>>
>>26985399
>I just want a very specific level of difficulty that suits me and not the 5-12 y.o. target audience
>gyms are to easy
>b-but i want to be able to level my pokemon with great ease anyways despite the ease of defeating gym leaders
>>
File: reshiram-zekrom.png (576KB, 1085x654px) Image search: [Google]
reshiram-zekrom.png
576KB, 1085x654px
If only you had gave praise where it was the most necessary, when Game Freak tried their absolute hardest. This is the future you chose, and you had better hope Game Freak forgives you and puts maybe half the effort into SM as they put into BW.
>>
File: 1455751716913.png (265KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
1455751716913.png
265KB, 1000x541px
Warning you now it doesn't get any better sadly....
>>
>>26985381
>Good thing SuMo will fix this
It won't, it'll be a hallway simulator.
>>
>>26985265
Neo X is fucking awful don't even bother with it, Kalos in general is a pretty lackluster region IMO. There was lots of potential but its like they just gave up after the 2nd gym.
>>
>>26985416
If only X and Y had a place where you could not only battle Audinos, but battle TRAINERS audinos.
That only spam recoil moves and Simple Beam so you can just set up on them and blow them up and rack in billions of XP.
And making it more convenient, putting it on the route with the daycare center....

If you want to grind up, use the Battle chateau retards. Thats what its for
>>
>>26985265
Yes anon, X and Y were very shit and unfinished games.
>>
>>26985399
You can use the Battle Chateau and Restaurants to grind though
>>
>>26985582
>limited amounts of trainers at a time on one route
>have to beat a shit ton of trainers and waste time and money for more trainers at higher levels

No thanks anon
>>
>>26985653
You walk out with a profit every time though XY has lots of problems but training new mons isnt one of them.
>>
>>26985265
OP, I think you just solved your own problem.
>>
>>26985675
Yeah I mean but writs of challenges are 100/200/300k

Also just waiting for trainers instead of having a versus seeker is annoying

One of the things I liked about oras
>>
>>26985653
Thanks to the Chateau I was able to both build over 8 Million (To buy a lot of vitamins to the newborns) and level up them absurdly fast after they were fully EV Trained.

If you pay for the Cards in the Chateau and start battling with everyone, a bell will sound almost everytime you enter another room anouncing relevant trainers and a lot of the commoners will be rotating, too.
>>
>Same thread as few hours ago

Well at least you are getting replies this time
>>
>>26985653
I do sorta agree, the RNG of trainer spawning can get annoying when youre the Duke and fighting level 25 Whirlipedes, but the Audino Girls are instantly recognizable and the Chateau has the second highest leveled trainer in the game - Black Writ Diantha. Only Wally has a higher leveled team and he doesnt give you P30,000 like she does.
You can actually get way more I believe. Still not as much as Le Wow but close to it
>>
>>26985711
You have to wait for the Versus Seeker too which is filled by steps. Which is shitty and leads to you area hopping.

And Writs of Challenge are at 10k/50k and 100k. You can literally get a new challenger in less than 100 steps because its a small space.

The VS Seeker is good but Writs last until Midnight.
>>
>>26985778
That's true, but when you do writs of challenge they switch to level up sets, I'm not even fucking joking. Level 80 mega gardevoir uses stored power and captivate
>>
>>26985778
>Le Wow
Back to le eddit with you
YES I FUCKING KNOW THAT'S WHAT IT'S ACTUALLY CALLED I'M MAKING A JOKE ON THE INTERNET
>>
>>26985790
That's true, I mean if you don't have fly yet though it's frustrating grinding up a mon. I think I was too hard on the Place though. I'll admit I was wrong
>>
>>26985794
>Not funny before you explained it
>Less funny after you explained it
I fail to see how this is a joke.
>>
>>26985790
Blissey bases are still the superior exp grind either way. Writs easily wins in terms of money farming tho
>>
>>26985322
i don't remember nothing like that on gen I, II, III

>>26985399
>""""""""""new""""
>>
>>26985265
>Neo X
Eternal X. Play it.
>>
>>26985300
that's amusing. Guess I'm not the only one. Stop being so paranoid. Also the writing style is entirely different.

>>26985307
I'll take another look then.

>>26985322
this

>>26985582
Alright, I'll give the Battle chateau a try as well. Completely forgot about it.

>>26985337
I don't want to make the game even easier than it is

>>26985335
>Pokemon was never really hard outside of E4 and certain gyms.
true, but I'd argue that this is an entirely new level of curbstomp

>>26985531
>>26985552
super

>>26986059
nice, I'll give it a go
>>
I didn't notice the "shit or" part but most Kalos pokemon honestly have sufficient stats, especially for in-game. I cant' think of any outright shit ones off the top of my head save for Dedenne.
>>
>>26986041
>i don't remember nothing like that on gen I, II, III

Yeah gen's 4/5 fixed it, then 6 undid it
>>
>>26985322
Why do you need to? Freshly caught pokémon in XY barely need any training to get to the current level of nearby trainer battles.
>>
>>26986059
>Eternal X
would you recommend the rebalanced version or no?
>>
>>26985322
>He saying there's no where to grind up a new member
You get the Lucky Egg in Courmarine City. If you don't want to do that, there's always the Exp Share which is great for training multiple at a time.
>>
>>26986505
He doesnt want to use the EXP share because he'll be over leveled.

He doesnt use any of the battle facilities like restaurants and the battle chateau.

He doesn't want to grind wild monsters that arent shaking grass Audino from Gen 5.

OP is fucked and might as well drop XY because he really won't enjoy it.
>>
Is OP still triggered because those guys laughed at her meat curtain when she finally posted it?
>>
>>26985997
>muh genwar memes

Reminder of rule 4, if this post doesn't get deleted, we'll be getting proof T-chan is purposefully killing the board and being corrupt.
>>
>no way to easily raise new Pokemon

EXP Share
>>
>>26986690
Yeah, she's triggered as fuck because they said she was fat, too. I do think she was cute, no reason to her getting butthurt really.
>>
>>26985384
>>26985997
>>26982427
>>26985265

You gotta change your speech patterns when you samefag, always sounding like a 10 y o won't trick people. At least you dropped the shitty OCs. Good start.
>>
>>26985265
>>There's no way to easily raise caught pokemon (no audino equivalent)

Anon, as someone who hates Gen VI with a passion, you don't want an Audino equivalent, it would overlevel you even more.

Just constantly battle with the new Pokémon until it's caught up, switch out if you're losing the battle. Eventually you'll catch up and your whole team will be a few levels lower than they'd otherwise be, which will make trainer encounters slightly less easy.

If you're grinding at Pokémon, at any point in a playthrough ever, you're not allowed to complain the game is too easy.

XY is too easy though even if you don't grind.
>>
>>26985381
>SuMo
>>
>>26985265
Agreed. The characters are all dull. None have any personality. The evil leader, none. The main rival, none. At least older rivals had some sort of a point. Hugh was adventuring for Purrloin, Barry was a longtime friend. Serena politely asks you to be her rival. Also, the whole "gym leaders never leave their gyms" is true, and terrible. The towns are boring and lifeless, besides a few, Pokemon variety is okay, but the new mons are mostly all rare, the music is lifeless and boring, besides a couple. It's overall a dull and boring game.
>>
>>26988546
>The evil leader, none. The main rival, none. At least older rivals had some sort of a point. Hugh was adventuring for Purrloin, Barry was a longtime friend. Serena politely asks you to be her rival.
I mean stuff like this is clearly people who don't give a shit about the game and just want to blindly hate it. There's one thing if you dislike the personalities or motivations given, but saying they had literally 0 is 100% false if you paid any modicum of attention to the game.
>>
>>26985489
>international company expects to be spoon fed money

Gtfo you cuckolding degenerate
>>
XY are indefensible. I'm just glad DP remakes don't have to suffer from the curse of gen 6. I feel sorry for Hoennfriends though. But ORAS were still alright, could've been much better though, but it had some good points. XY had Amie...trainer customisation...streamlined breeding...and there's the whole game.
>>
>>26985265
>It's like they took a step back from gen 5 and put a new coat of paint over it.

This + they stuffed the game with as much shoddy features and nostalgia pandering as they could.
>>
>>26988922
>But ORAS were still alright
How? ORAS looked like absolute garbage and was worse than the originals.
>>
>>26985265
>Small region.
>Bland 3D style.
>No Tripokalon halls.
>Laggy at some points.
>Way too easy, even with Exp. Share off.
Hopefully SM will be better.
>>
>>26989090
>>Small region.
what
>>Bland 3D style
The "style" was 90% of the time basically just how it looked in other games.
>>No Tripokalon halls
Ok
>Laggy at some points
I honestly never experience this myself except during triple/rotation battles iirc which you don't really encounter during the main game outside of the restaurants and when I accidentally turned on 3D
>>
>>26986407
Rebalanced is definitely the way to go. The question is whether to play on Insanity or not. If standard challenge romhacks arent hard enough, Insanity will help. Normal rebalanced is pretty standard as far challenge hacks are concerned.
>>
>>26988597
No, I don't want to "blindly hate it". I enjoyed Gens 1-5, and will likely enjoy Gen 7. Please tell me a character trait for each of those characters. You can't. The story was so forced and rushed that the characters had no personality. They were like Brendan and May for every character.
>>
>>26986710
audino was much better than exp share, especially if you happened to grab lucky egg
>>
>>26986776
You can also use amie for exp boosts.

Exp all isn't that awful if you like to use more than a team of six.

The issue is less exp all and more that after gym two the game becomes rushed and poorly paced. Everything before that was pretty fun.
>>
>>26989251
Lsyandre was a fucking character trope. It as the most basic, JRPG implementation of that trope. By definition he has to have character. He was the philanthropist grown jaded by the world. You can clearly tell that through his dialog as well as other NPCs. You can tell Serena is a know-it-all, and the one her group goes to before you show up beat her at it. She has a fucking arc and that's pretty much all Silver has going for him as well. Did you legitimately believe I would not be able to list even one character trait of either of these characters? Really?
>>
>>26989251
>Please tell me a character trait for each of those characters.

Calem/Serena has crippling depression caused by you constantly curbstomping them.
Shauna wants your dick.
Trevor's autistic.
Tierno is incapable of properly committing to his goal considering how tenuous his "dance-themed" team is related to said subject.

>>26989298
>You can also use amie for exp boosts.

If you want to ruin your game, sure. That shit is permanent unless you trade your Pokémon to someone else and trade back.

Also, I'm not too far into my second XY playthrough, but I'm not having very much fun. So far the game has been

>leave house
>get nagged by friends
>go through the worst-designed route in the franchise
>get nagged by friends
>pick starter
>battle friend
>go through Route 2
>get nagged by friends repeatedly through Literally Viridian Forest
>go through Route 3
>get nagged by friends

I haven't done anything in Santalune yet though but I know the shitty rollerskates are coming up soon so I'll have to stop using the circlepad.
>>
>>26985300
>announcing reports is still not allowed
>>
>>26985265
>But now after the fairy gym I'm thinking of dropping it. The game is just boring.
It's pretty boring, yeah, but I honestly like the last 3rd of the game the best. The middle drags.

>>26985265
Use Pokemonamie. Any Pokemon that gets to 2 hearts or more will gain boosted experience permanently (unless you trade it away). It also stacks with Lucky Egg and O-Powers.
>>
>>26989332
Okay, so all the characters have bad and boring personality traits. Thanks for filling me in. Literally, the only know-it-all moment is when Serena tells Shauna that her Pokemon is in her Pokeball, which shows how dumb Shauna is, even though Shauna was one of the only mildily okay characters.
>>
>>26989180
Sounds like fun. Thanks anon.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.