[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Pokemon Go release tomorrow?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot_2016-07-05-09-30-26.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-05-09-30-26.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>
No you pleb. Its just IGN telling you when they're posting their article about the week they spent with Pokemon Go.
>>
Was the exact release date ever confirmed or are we still just assuming it's before the end of the month?
>>
>>26984538

It is pretty delusional to think the game will release "overnight" or this week even. Just think of the last time you saw a major title release just out of the blue with 0 advertising.

First the website will be up, then it will be localized into all languages, then you'll have newsletters, official press releases, play guides, and only THEN you can hope the game will be released.
>>
I still don't understand what the appeal is for Pokémon Go. It's the first 150 mons, but you have to go through a bunch of trouble to get them and... you just... have them?
>>
>>26984913
It's not even all 151. Only 100 Pokemon are in the initial version of the game.
>>
>>26984538
assumed end of month.
>>
>>26984913

It's just a fun AR experience. Same as Ingress. You get to go out, explore places in the city you might have not noticed otherwise, get to meet people, exercise if you're willing to.

You can even add geocaching to the experience
>>
>>26984895
I'm not that anon, but they have been talking about it for a while. They only context we have on a release is sometime this month since the little watch thing is supposed to be out by the end of July.

If I had to guess we'll probably see it in the next few weeks. They likely didn't want to coincide with all the 4th of july shit every company does because that would drown out their narrative.

Depending on when they normally release apps, we'll probably see it at the beginning or the end of a week. Miitomo is our closest relative, and that came out on March 17th (a Thursday) in Japan and the 31st (a sunday) in US/other western territories.

31st is a monday, I guess they could put out the watch on sunday and launch it that weekend or something. I'm kind of expecting The 18th though.

>>26984913
It's only 100 right now. I guess it's supposed to have some sort of connectivity with future Pokemon games (I think SM?) but it's all been pretty vague like the Pokemon Bank stuff with the VC RBY games.
>>
>>26984913
>what is pokemon
I think battling isn't the core appeal for most people, it's the collecting, and it's just that JRPG is the default filler for a game that wants to justify it's own existence despite it's being attractive for entirely separate reasons. Just look at FF7's popularity. I think it's just that it's way too hard to make a game that's just about adventure in-and-of itself without the game being short as fuck or having it be the same shit copy-pasted countless times, but having a game literally take place in the real world fixes both these problems.
>>
>>26984977

Not to mention the pick-up-and-put-down pacing of a mobile game, which makes collectathon for collectathon's sake much more plausible.
With a system that's generally designed to hold your attention for longer periods (like the DS) there need to be other elements there.
>>
File: go message.png (25KB, 700x346px) Image search: [Google]
go message.png
25KB, 700x346px
what did it say???????
It won't let me open the app again
>>
>>26986014
Maybe because YOU DIDN'T KEEP IT CONFIDENTIAL!
YOU HAD ONE JOB!
>>
>>26984923
Sauce?
>>
>>26984913
so youve never played any video game then?
>>
It's out now in certain regions.

>>26986014
no es fake!!!
>>
https://mega.nz/#!y9VXxCAC!xhizxpGJBFKmFlPb-k0DStse4H4RG6gI8rr3AWSSmd4

Half a loading bar and it stops.

I want a squirtle now.
>>
>other Go thread was deleted
Da faq
>>
File: bulbadesk.png (619KB, 539x868px) Image search: [Google]
bulbadesk.png
619KB, 539x868px
ITS OUT YOU DUMBFUCKS

ITS OUT

OUT

OUT

OUT

If it doesn't appear for your region, use this page

https://apkpure.com/region-free-apk-download?e=LimitedRegion&lr=GB&p=com.nianticlabs.pokemongo

choose AUSTRALIA as region, download the APK and move it to your phone

FUCKING BULBASAUR ON MY DESK
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-05-19-43-16.png (373KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-05-19-43-16.png
373KB, 720x1280px
What? I'm already playing. I want to catch that Ponyta
>>
>>26987940
Won't you have to update manually if you install the APK through a third party?
>>
>>26987998

I don't think so. As long as the app name is the same, it should appear as installed on my App Store. Worst case, I uninstall and install the official one later. You log in with a G+ account anyway
>>
>>26987940

> changing regions just to get it a few hours early

Come on m8. You're trying too hard.
>>
File: images.jpg (21KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21KB, 384x384px
>>26987940
Shit yea m8
>>
when is it suppose to come out?
>>
>>26988020
>Changing regions
Shit nigga you just gotta turn the phone upside-down to reach australia servers.
>>
>>26988020

Its a global launch asswad. The region lock is only for the Play Store. I'm guessing they haven't yet refined spawn locations and stops for other places, OR they just do not want to handle a worldwide server stress.
>>
>>26988040

Except for Apple users, of course...
>>
>>26988049

Well, can't sympathize with them for using locked down watchdog-policed devices.
>>
Sideloaded the apk and it's working on my god-forsaken country (Portugal).

Pokestop right in front of me (a church) and a Gym a couple blocks away.

...and a Zubat in my room.
>>
>>26987998
As soon as it releases here, the Play Store will recognize your existing install and update it accordingly.
>>
>>26988147

RABIES SHOT ASAP
>>
>>26987940
I don't know how to move it to my phone, apparently. Can anyone help? I downloaded it to my computer, and then clicked "send to" and sent it to my phone. It said that it had transferred, but I don't see anything on my phone at all.
>>
>>26988147
>Portugal
>god-forsaken

Portugal is literally going to lead a spiritual and cultural revolution and form the fifth empire of God you heathen. Read your Fernando Pessoa
>>
>>26988214

Just use a USB cable, copy it over to some folder on your phone YOU CAN RECOGNIZE

and then install from your phone some app like Astro file manager, or Root explorer, or any other file explorer that lets you install APK files
navigate to the folder where you copied the APK, install, play
>>
>>26988214
You have to find the apk file and install it.
>>
>all of my pokestops and gyms are churches

ffs
>>
>tfw I rarely leave my room

I-It's okay, Squirtle. Let's just hope a Pidgey comes crashing through the window.
>>
>>26987972
suggester here
catch rhydon
>>
>>26988239
Oh, duh! I need a file manager. Sorry about that. I got it! Thank you, anon.
>>
>loads app
>epic music
>music ends with a "Sign Out"
wut
>>
Anyone else knows what can be causing a AR error? I can play just fine, but my camera doesn't show anything. I think the error I got was about the phone orientation.
>>
this will surely kill the franchise
>>
the ar thing doesnt work but maybe is my shitty cheap phone i guess
>>
Pokemon don't show up on camera mode
HELP
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 561x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 561x401px
>>26988449
Same here man, I literally looked everywhere around my house, but the pokeymans never appeared. Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon, my phone isn't even that shitty, it's a mid 2015 model
>>
>walked around my block
>caught 7 mons

Not too bad so far.
>>
>>26988449
>>26988471
>>26988475
Same. Mine didn't show up at all. I also got an error about the orientation.
>>
>go requires a 4.3 Android
>mine is 4.1

Am I fucked? My phone doesnt go for any other update after 4.1

Cant I just delete everything and put a updated version?
>>
>>26988749
what phone do you have sport
>>
>>26988749
Root that shit, get a custom rom.

I'm on 6.0.1 with a 2013 phone.
>>
>>26988852
>>26988867
LGE460. It was a gift

I dont know shit about phones tho. Any tutorial for roots?
>>
>>26989094
>Any tutorial for roots?

Just use KingRoot.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.