[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would he be liked more as a champion if his team wasn't so shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Alder.png (52KB, 185x292px) Image search: [Google]
Alder.png
52KB, 185x292px
Would he be liked more as a champion if his team wasn't so shit?
>>
His team is fine, I just think people see him as underwhelming because of his personality. He doesn't seem like someone that particularly enjoys battling for the battling.
>>
Honestly he might be my favorite champion and I really hate that they replaced him with fucking Iris in B2/W2 especially when
a: you don't even get to battle him for the initial championship battle in B/W
b: Iris is yet another dragon type e4/champion
c: you already fought a dragon type gym leader
d: it removes the gimmick of the gym having different leaders in different games

Also I think Alder's team is pretty cool. He would be liked better if you actually fought him to become champion in B2/W2
>>
>>26981941
To be fair, you already fight a Bug gym leader before you fight Alder (Iris has the same number of Dragons as Alder has Bugs).
>>
>>26981881
His team in BW2 is pretty awesome.

So, not likely. He's still my favorite Champ, though.
>>
>>26981969
>his team in BW2

Isn't that exactly the same as his BW team?

>>26981881
He's my favorite champ. He's got a nice little backstory, we meet his grandson, he has a cool design, and a really cool team and personality. His battle theme is one of the weakest though, in a generation where pretty much all battle themes were really fresh and great.
>>
>>26981881
His music sucks really bad
>>
>>26981981
I think he was referring to his PWT team. If I recall he had a Braviary and Conkeldurr this time.
>>
>>26981991
This tbqh. The music that plays when he pops up at random points in the region is nice I guess, but he has by FAR the shittiest battle them of any champion.
>>
>>26982001
Oh. That's cool how he still only uses Unova mons. He's got a lot of pride for his homeland.
>>
>>26982021
Fuck that.

#UnovaWasNeverGreat
>>
>>26982035
(You)

>>26982003
I'll concede that Alder's theme sucks.

>>26982001
Yes, this. His PWT team.
>>
>>26982021
>>26982001
Alder's PWT team has 4 Pokemon which represent the E4 which is a nice touch
>>
>>26981881
His team was fine. Alder uses his friends, the pokemon which he travelled with and helped him to become Champion.
I liked that Alder knew he wasn't fit anymore to be the Unova Champion even before being defeated by N
>>
>>26981881
Shouldve had a Scolipede or Galvantula instead of the fucking Vanilluxe
>>
People would actually remember him if all the dumb Plasma fuckery had happened earlier like in the other games.
>>
>>26982082
This. Surprise Ghetsis overshadows the entire E4 in BW.
>>
>>26981881
People don't like him because hes not young and cool like steven or a hot female.

Hes fine as a champion and him losing to N was understandable considering legendaries but people blow that shit out of proportion way to much.

I like him and he has the best champion theme IMO.
>>
>>26981881
Alder seems just fine the way he is.

At least he was more active in the story and did more for his region than Diantha could ever hope to achieve.

Plus, his battle theme is awesome.
>>
File: 22732178_p0.jpg (2MB, 1388x1752px) Image search: [Google]
22732178_p0.jpg
2MB, 1388x1752px
>>26982003
>>26981991
>>26981981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3r40NT6Edc

His theme is literally GOAT. My favourite champion, I think he's how they should ideally be. Traveling across their region, giving advice to new and experienced trainers alike.
>>
>>26981881
People don't like him because they are incapable of understanding character development and themes, so they immediately assume he's a shit trainer because he acts goofy and laid-back. These are the same /vp/ anons all think champions should be badass waifus like Cynthia or cold, calculating husbandos like Steven. Same people who hate the sexy new fish btw and only want ice wolves, godzilla dragons, and fairy waifus.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.