[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT: best pokemon gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: download (1).jpg (18KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
18KB, 224x225px
>ITT: best pokemon gen
>>
>>26979273
(You)
>>
>>26979279
You know it's redundant to do that right ?
Just adding OP's post number will give him a (You). (You) just gave him 2 (You)s.

Have 4 for free.
>>
File: 20160704_165559.jpg (761KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160704_165559.jpg
761KB, 2560x1440px
>>26979273
With you on that one
>>
>>26979273
Objectively the most important generation, RGBY notwithstanding. Far better than the generation after it as well. While gen 3's been eclipsed in terms of gameplay by 5 and 6 it will never be forgotten.
>>
>>26979273
>the gen that killed the franchise and trashed every charm and good that gen 2 had, and added the shitty abilities
>best
>>
>>26979401
>gen 3
>better thang gen 4
ufkingw0tm8
>>
>>26979273
SuMo will be the best gen.
>>
File: 1454980710751.png (4KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1454980710751.png
4KB, 625x626px
>>26979637
>>
>>26979637
This is literally true. Pokemania stopped the moment gen3 was announced
>>
i miss gen 3 and its trumpets
>>
>>26979273
>pre-Physical/Special split
No one actually believes this.
>>
>>26979637
>deserters blaming the games and not themselves
Every time.
>>
File: tib.png (163B, 10x10px) Image search: [Google]
tib.png
163B, 10x10px
>>26979637
>killed everything
>literally kickstarted the series again so it wouldn't die
>>
>>26979273
Objectively false. But one of the bests though.
>>
Gen 3 was my shit when I was 13, but admittedly gens 2, 5, and arguably 4 are better.
>>
I really wish hoennshitters would stop existing. Battle Frontier was the only good thing about your games, and the remakes didn't even have that.
>>
Ok, to calm nerve and stop wars, here's some pros and cons to each:

>Gen 1
Glitchy and unbalanced, but had memorable designs and pioneering features to help it stand out in the crowd. Not great today, but for the time was groundbreaking

>Gen 2
Despite a harsh difficulty spike and introducing roaming legends (seriously, fuck that noise) the features and improvements added made these games stand the test of time even better than gen 1 while still remaining relatively simple. Definitely musts for first timers

>Gen 3
For better or for worse implemented the complexity of natures and abilities into the fray, improving some pokemon and damning others. Had some generally memorable designs to make up for its shortcomings however. Also memes aside RSE did have too much water, but FRLG remakes were needed and appreciated

>Gen 4
Hit or miss roster, but the special physical split was much needed and improved the games forever. While DP had some pacing and mechanical problems (surf speed), Platinum made up for this as a great follow up, and HGSS arguably have the best post-games to this date, easily making them the most enjoyable for the longest

>Gen 5
While the roster is easily the weakest in the series, the faster gameplay and improved animation made it much more enjoyable from a mechanical standpoint, as well as including the most fleshed out story the games will likely ever have

>Gen 6
From strong to objectively weak. Despite an improved new roster and fairy added, as well as balance changes, megas split the community in two, the story was a vast step down from BW and handholding became more apparent, deterring older players. ORAS also didn't hold up to their originals nearly as much after all changes were applied. The online aspect was improved however, lending to better mass appeal, if a dip in quality (if gen5 is an acquired yet enjoyable taste, and gens1-4 are loved big brands, gen6 is more like cheap snacks)
>>
>>26979273
It's about on par with Gen IV for best tbqh.
>>
>>26979273
And that's why I hate ORAS so much.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.