[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ow The EDGE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 14

File: Mewtwo Vs. Shadow.png (45KB, 196x110px) Image search: [Google]
Mewtwo Vs. Shadow.png
45KB, 196x110px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4czQ1Oa-Ns

Discuss.
>>
Shadow should have won
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (38KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge.jpg
38KB, 400x366px
Death Battle? More like.... "edge" battle XD
>>
>>26957364
y tho
>>
One Minute Melee > Death Battle

The quality of Death Battle is embarrassingly bad.
>>
>>26957470
Because Sonic's canon is as retarded as DC with feats breaking reality as if they were nothing.
>>
>>26957364
I agree actually. Shadow has fought things far more powerful than Mewtwo. Another brilliant example of Death Battle being biased.
>>
>>26957472
This Death Battle felt like a One Minute Melee
>>
>>26957470
Because Shadow can survive in space and stop time. And, like >>26957503 said, Shadow has fought things WAY stronger than Mewtwo.
>>
>>26957364
Why? They said Mewtwo was 3x faster in that video (mach 10 vs mach 35)

Just suck it and deal with it. Sonic is shit
>>
All of these "Death Battles" are autistic as fuck. They're all decided by the two faggots who run the show.
>>
Mewtwo won because Shadow has no apparent resistance to mind attacks.
>>
>>26957551
>WAY stronger than Mewtwo
>implying
>>
>We have actual Sonic autists on /vp/ defending Shadow of all people
What the fuck
>>
If shadow was a dark type he would have had an easier time.
>>
>>26957644
Shadow is a shit character, but that doesn't mean he's not mary sue levels of retardedly overpowered.
>>
As a fan of both franchises, shadow most definitely would have won. He's fought far more powerful creatures than mewtwo. Across all canons of sonic, from the games to the comics. As an earlier poster said, Sonic characters break all types of reality like it's an everyday thing.
>>
Did mewtwo use mega evolution?
>>
>>26957673
Yes, he Mega Evolved into Y, and basically waited Shadow out, because Shadow can only be Super Shadow for a very limited time. That's how Mewtwo won.
>>
>>26957673
Yes, but ironically not X.
>>
>>26957182
holy shit this is so cringy how can you even take this seriously?
>>
>>26957182
>death battle

So this is how underaged /vp/ actually is.
>>
>>26957699
I never liked x's design or y for that matter any more. He didn't need a mega he was already good as fuck. >But muh power creep
>>
>>26957671
See
>>26957594
>implying anything else can be stronger than mewtwo
>>
>>26957711
Cartoon Fightclub is better anyways.
>>
What the hell was that? That played out like a kid's sonic vs mario fan sprite comic.
>>
>>26957570
Mach 10 for Shadow is a ridiculous underlier. He's not exactly as fast as Sonic, but he's close, and the latter is easily massively hypersonic considering his feats throughout the series. That's not even going into how base Shadow can use the Light Speed Dash and how Super Shadow is superior to base by a huge margin.
>>
>>26957364
Correct. If they truly used composite versions of each character, Shadow would get Archie comics feats. In which case, he would be multiple times faster than light.
For comparison, Super Sonic in those comics is literally multiversal in power.

Never trust Death Battle. They do like 30 minutes of research instead of reading the source material. Toph beat Gaara for pete's sake.
>>
>>26957644
So you're defending Mewtwo because he's the better character? That's not the point of a Death Battle.
>>
(Insert Shadow apologist)
>>
>>26957748
Archie Shadow actually might be weaker than the game ones, he hasn't done anything more impressive than the games there, and he's not considered Sonic's equal, who's basically a living embodiment of chaos when serious.

That being said, Shadow still should have won going off a number of feats he has.
>>
Reminder that Chaos Control literally broke the entire continuity of the Sonic multiverse.
>>
I see nothing wrong with this win. Sure, Mewtwo can't compare to the edgehog in a physical brawn fight, and once he enters Chaos mode or whatever it's called Mewtwo would lose, but erasing his mind/mind controlling him should totally work.
>>
>>26957847
Chaos Control has no limits and is the Emeralds can basically pull off anything. Shadow could just pause time long enough to kill Mewtwo just the same as Mewtwo could easily mind control Shadow. These powers have no real limitations, so these battles always are a wreck. See Goku v Superman. They also rig fights like in Master Chief v Doomguy.
>>
>>26957847
Technically yeah, realistically Shadow should have been able to blitz and OHKO Mewtwo the minute he went Super.
>>
Chaos-type when?
>>
>>26957923
Cosmic type when?
>>
>>26957934
>Clefable changes type again
>>
>>26957740
what are some of the best speed feats for super sonic then? I can't find much other than the first cutscene in Sonic Unleash.
>>
>>26958223
Base Sonic is unfortunately the one with most of the speed feats, best we can do for Super is scale to likely some degree of FTL, given how Super Sonic Boost is literally just ramming the enemy at full speed and it's still a good deal stronger than Light Speed Attack (and how all his stats are massively buffed of course). Super Sonic does have some nice power feats though, the Chaos Emeralds contain power on a planetary level (Advance 3, Unleashed), and SS uses their full power. In relation to the OP, space-time manipulation on that scale is way above Mewtwo, giving Shadow another reason to have beaten him.
I feel autistic now
>>
>This battle was boring as hell and nobody asked for it.
>Not doing the battles people actually want to see, like Naruto vs Luffy or Galactus vs Unicron
>Next Death Battle is more forced Rooster Teeth garbage about a show nobody gives a damn anymore

This show jumped the shark.
>>
>>26958368
Honestly the best fights are still really bad. My favorite DB is Guts vs Nightmare for instance. Really wasted Guts in that fight it was too easy for him. Then other times like Dante vs Bayonetta just disapointment all around.
>>
File: 1465854618708.png (307KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
1465854618708.png
307KB, 815x608px
>>26958368
>the battles people actually want to see, like Naruto vs Luffy
>>
>>26958368
Dude I don't think Luffy has a chance against end game Naruto.
>>
>>26958521
It's much better than the past few garbage battles we got (including this one).
>>
>>26957748
>Toph beat Gaara for pete's sake.
Ya? Of course she would, Avatar characters are OP as shit. Considering they used the Gaara after he lost Shikkakuu, that should be no surprise to anyone. But it's bullshit that they gave Toph all of her Korra feats as a kid. They should have picked both of them at the end of their respective series.
>>
>>26958549
(You)
>>
>>26958368
>Not doing the battles people actually want to see, like Naruto vs Luffy
>Not even considering Roy Mustang vs Prince Zukko
Do you even know what people want?
>>
File: 1418845764561.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1418845764561.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>26958549
>Of course she would
Kys
>>
>>26958541
They said they are only going to do one piece when the series is finished
>>
>>26958584
So to speak, never.
>>
>>26957728
>inconsistent animation quality
>some matches are downright bizarre
Other than that I agree

This one was probably Gaara/Toph bad, if not then Beast/Goliath tier
>>
>>26958541
Nothing involving either of those things is good.
>>
>>26958611
At least naruto shippuden is actually over. That series was a real price of work at the point when I stopped following it.
One piece has yet to give a shit about ending and I love it.
>>
>>26957934
Order type when?
>>
File: 1379913576540.jpg (26KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1379913576540.jpg
26KB, 499x498px
>>26957182
The Death Battle series might very well be the most autistic thing on this planet. What else is there to discuss? I can't believe this is actually a thing and that many people are legitimately hyped for these videos. Just cringeworthy fanservice for underage edgelords and autists.
>>
>>26958698

Pokemon vs Digimon was cool though
Also liked Iron Man vs Lex Luthor
>>
File: 1463669112192.png (960KB, 600x737px) Image search: [Google]
1463669112192.png
960KB, 600x737px
>>26958683
Nothing involving anything done by Death Battle is good.
>>26958698
/thread
>>
>>26958721
>Pokemon vs Digimon was cool though
LOL
I know this is /vp/ but you still need to be over 18 to post here.
>>
>>26957182

Every Death Battle ever just plays out like an autistic kid playing with his action figures.

Does that one guy seriously think that put on voice is actually funny and not just extremely irritating?
>>
Annoying as shit voices
>>
>>26958721
>Pokemon vs Digimon was cool though
I think you meant obvious
>>
>>26958793
Seriously if charizard x lost to wargreymon what make them think that mewtwo y would be able to beat any sonic character that isn't tails.
>>
File: image.jpg (190KB, 848x614px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 848x614px
>>26958839
>implying
>>
>>26958574
Zuko would annihilate Roy Mustang, right? Between the martial arts, swordsmanship, acrobatics, and actually controlling fire, Zuko is a pretty scary dude
>>
>>26958839
Tails is a right badass when he applies himself.

DB blew it yet again I see. Shadow has no business jobbing to ANY pokemon, and it seems like they don't understand the capabilties of Super Transformation.

The super mode offense is such bullshit that you need to be DBZ tier to stall it out, else you get insta killed. Lile shit man, these dudes eat gods for breakfast.

I think they just hate Shadow.
>>
>>26958983
Yeah, with the exception of the top tiers, FMA is a pretty weak universe.
>>
Death Battle pretty often isn't accurate. However, in this case, the reasoning they gave that Shadow was so vulnerable to mind tricks was valid as to why Mewtwo wins.

What's even more funny is that shadowfags feel the need to come here and defend the original *teleports behind you* meme himself on a pokemon board.
>>
>>26958368

They did Naruto vs Luffy in a 1 minute melee http://youtu.be/hAe8Nwjl5T4
>>
>>26958983
Roy is faster and has a gun.
>>
i wish death battle had a belmont already. im tired of seeing predictable characters like shadow and the joker
>>
>>26959055
So dialga would be a better choice then. With actual time manipulation powers and things.
>>
>>26959093
Was NAruto fucked by the time clock here?
>>
>>26959132
I'd actually go with Arceus, just because Dialga got his shit pushed in by him in that one movie. But, Dialga would probably do better than mewtwo
>>
>>26959256
Fucking Arceus might as well be in any death battle pokemon is involved with.
>>
>>26959184

I guess
Naruti didn't have the time to pull out all his upgrades
>>
>>26957644
>implying being into Pokemon is any better than being into Sonic
lmao
>>
>>26959281
That's only cause they like to put pokemon against things they have no business fighting. Most pokemon are pretty low on the power scale compared to all the comic book heroes and vidro game characters and shit.

Incidentally, would a yokai watch monster be a fair fight? I know nothing about that IP
>>
>>26959317
>Popular franchise following a lovable cast of characters across a plethora of successful video games and is generally well accepted by society
>no better than a franchise that is effectively a Zombie, with maybe 7 good games in its entire history, that is fading into obscurity, and its only remaining fanbase is autistic furry children
ok pal, nice bait
>>
>>26958575
>>26958563
>biased and salty narutofaggy children
>>
>>26958839
That fight was bullshit based on how a digidestined punched red, as if pokéhumans weren't god tier in terms of strength and resistance.
>>
>>26958698
>I can't believe this is actually a thing and that many people are legitimately hyped for these videos
This. Youtube will never be a medium for stuff other than fanon
>>
>>26959368
They're both franchises for children that manchildren refuse to let go of.
>>
>>26959388
k
y
s
>>
This was fucking cringy.

As expected from youtubers trying to appeal to 12 year olds.
>>
>>26959463
Have you ever thought that these are just for fun?
>>
>>26959547

This isn't fun, it's pure cringe and I would literally die of embarrassment if I was found watching this.
>>
Mewtwo should have won. He could just take over Shadow's mind in the beginning and make him kill himself. The drawn out fight where he lets Shadow go super form is just for show.
>>
>>26959559
That's really stupid are you 22 years old by chance?
>>
>>26959624
How is that stupid, to feel embarrassed from watching stupid shit?

No I'm not 22 but that's not far.
>>
>>26959633
It's stupid because you should feel embarrassed about watching anything at all on youtube. All it is a time waster who cares about what other people are going to think about you.
>>
>>26959706
I've never said I use youtube at all, stop projecting.
>>
Anyone who's really onto this stuff just uses forums to argue with other people. Sure there's autism but there's also a lot of knowleged people that have legit fun from doing calcs and searching for lore feats to use in these sort of debates. I get more pleasure from reading these sort of discussions than watching these videos personally.
>>
>>26959725
So what the fuck are you are watching youtube videos on? That's not an argument.
>>
>>26959771
>never watch youtube videos
>watch one
>says it's dumb
>"why do u watsh den ???"
>>
If I get trips I'll kill myself
>>
>>26959803

H-hey buddy, you wanna talk?
>>
>>26959802
So by watching one deathbattle you assume that all of them are cringe and shitty despite only having watched one of the fights. Sounds about accurate.
>>
>>26958983
No fucking way. Mustang's explosions are way beyond anything Zuko can do without the comet, he also has minor "earthbending" through his Truth alchemy.
>>
>>26959842
>By watching one deathbattle you assume that all of them are cringe and shitty

Yeah. Sounds like a safe bet to me.
>>
>>26959856
Maybe try one minute Melee it might suit you better.
>>
>>26959885
How old are you?
>>
>>26959894
I asked you that 1st. I'm the same age I asked you.
>>
>>26957740
>not exactly as fast as Sonic

But that's fucking bullshit.

It's been addressed in many games he's Sonic equal in terms of Speed, with only 06 making him slow as fuck because "muh melee combat" and Sonic Battle making him faster than Sonic.

And if it was going to be a battle of "Psychics", they should've had Silver do it instead.

Death Battle is biased bullshit with the only one ever being guaranteed accurate is Tony Stark v. Lex Luthor or Deadpool v. Deathstroke.
>>
>>26959923
You didn't ask my age, just if I was of a certain age.

I questioned yours because I can't understand why you're trying so hard getting me to watch these.
>>
Isn't Mewtwo X generally considered to be better than Mewtwo Y?
>>
>>26959964
I'm only trying to see why you didn't think it was fun. Seeing characters fight is enough for me. I like fighting and the talk about said fights these videos make. However most of these talks devolve into how this is only for 12 year old. Which by the way is the target audience for pokemon. So why do you even like pokemon. Clearly it's out of your age range.
>>
>>26959942
Silver has shit feats.
>>
>>26960003
>So why do you even like pokemon. Clearly it's out of your age range.

Like most people above 12 years old who like pokemon, I like it for things that are unpopular with 12 years old: strategy and its complex game mechanics you don't usually find a a kiddy game, and maybe a bit of nostalgia, which isn't something a 12 years old would feel.

That, and waifus.

I don't think these videos are fun because the video commenters are always trying to appeal to kids by being loud, doing lame jokes, and generally behaving like them. The trivia parts of OP's video were the most interesting, minus the lame jokes.
>>
>>26960024
He's had a handful of limited appearances, if only SEGA didn't jump the shark with Shadow the Edgehog and decided to just give him Chaos Spear pellets instead of bullets. I know it'd be like Mega Man rip-off, but still.
>>
File: ry.png (276KB, 598x331px) Image search: [Google]
ry.png
276KB, 598x331px
>/vp/ is mad because the guy who gets mind controlled, brainwashed or mentally manipulated in nearly every game he's in lost to a psychic
>>
>>26960067
So basically you just admitted you enjoyed it a little just the skills part anyway. The commentators yeah are really fucking dumb, and I would rather just read the feats and completely skip the after fight analysis entierly. Isn't it a bit interesting to see how mewtwo won the fight? I haven't watched the video yet because I honestly know I just won't be satisfied by this matchup.
>>
>>26960102
You would think /vp/ of all places would be cool with Mewtwo winning this.
>>
File: 1466865201166.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466865201166.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>26957182
>they always spend more than half the video making bullshit stats
>the last forth of the video is a fight with a bullshit ending
>>
>>26959942
Shadow himself has stated Sonic is faster. They're extremely similar in speed, but Shadow is slightly slower.
>>
File: UgXJHsnh.jpg (144KB, 1024x462px) Image search: [Google]
UgXJHsnh.jpg
144KB, 1024x462px
>SHADOW USED GUN!
>>
>>26960278
Actually, never mind, I was remembering a quote from Chronicles.

God that was a horrible game.
>>
>>26957728
Cartoon Fightclub is absolute dogshit
The creator and researchers are arrogant douchebags, the animation and humor is piss poor, their matchups are awful, they rush quality like fast food, and their verdicts and researching are some of the absolute worst
>>
>>26957364
They didn't even talk about how Mewtwos ability Pressure would have drained his Chaos Control twice as fast.and Mewtwos biggest strength is Shadows biggest weakness.
>>
>>26959368
oooohhhh, you're one of those people that's played sonic generations once, and about 5 minutes of sonic adventure 2. Good to know that your opinion is irrelevant.
>>
>>26960102
I'm mad because the scripting is god awful
>>
>>26962745
I beat SA2 though, it was horrifically overrated.

I love Sonic Generations to death, legit.

Doesn't change the fact that Sonic is a dead franchise who's only fans are those that top the cringe playlists on Youtube, and is seen as socially unacceptable by near-everybody.
>>
>>26962860
ive seen people argue that both adventure games aged horribly, but even then there's things in both games that should have alarmed players even when the games were new
>>
>>26962860
I've never understood the whole "adventure games are overrated/bad" thing. They still play fine, at least on Gamecube. Great games.

I would argue it's stagnant, not dying. It still has huge brand recognition, which is what keeps it alive. Trying to be unbiased, considering I'm a huge sonic fan. Just believe me when I say that I've been there for the really bad times. I have. But Sonic 06, secret rings, and boom can't tarnish the whole franchise for me.
>>
>>26962980
there's a lot of either strange or downright stupid design choices in both games, they really come out for people unfamiliar with these titles
>>
>>26963114
I guess that would be it then. Those two were my first sonic games, I kinda know everything there is to know about them.
>>
>>26960619
Is just DB with lower budget, less abussive product placement, and less of that annoying IN YOUR FACE attitude all of the ScrewedAtt shows reek.
>>
>>26960102
Except for that one time where the villain spent the entire game trying to control him and it failed completely
>>
>>26957182
Why didn't Shadow just shoot Mewtwo with a gun
>>
>>26958368
>forced Rooster Teeth garbage about a show nobody gives a damn anymore

>Because I don't like it means that everyone else has to hate it too, right?
>>
>>26958839
>mewtwo y would be able to beat any sonic character that isn't tails.
Tails is the Senator Armstrong of Sonic.
Play Sonic 2 and 3 and Knuckles.
>>
>>26957884
>underrated comment
>>
>>26962980
Here let me explain EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINIONS
>>
>>26957182
>2016
>Still using sprite art
>>
File: willywonka.jpg (31KB, 604x403px) Image search: [Google]
willywonka.jpg
31KB, 604x403px
Didn't anybody else notice how mewtwo saw Shadow first he really could have just scrambled his brain there.
>>
>Mewtwo casually whipped up a storm that could wipe out human civilization along with all life on Earth OTHER THAN on his island in the eye of the storm by lazily twirling his hand around
>MUH MUH SUPER SAIYAN HEDGEHOGS!
GTFO

Fuck Death Battle though. Literally the gayest fucking thing ever.
>>
>>26957884
Except Chief would fucking rape "Doomguy"
>>
I remember a thread that was made before this happened and everyone was like "Death Battle is so incredibly biased Shadow is gonna win whats the point"

And now its "WAH SHADOW DIDNT WIN"
>>
Took beat Gaara. This series has no credibility whatsoever.

The commentary is unfunny dogshit.

The battles themselves aren't even entertaining.

They have no concept of "versions" or "canon".
>>
>>26966189
>Took beat Gaara
literally who?
>>
If it was composite Mewtwo he would have feats like stalling the world tree from PSMD which is like small star tier apparently, nuking earth from Pokken, creating and destroying a small universe from that super fucking obscure manga that I literally don't even remember shit all about besides that and there was a talking pokemon, plus mach 32 is a super low end, Mewtwo in that same movie could circle a city block several times before some debris fell even an inch plus he scales off of other high ends feats some of which are over mach 32,000+, unfortunately thogh even though Mewtwo has all this shit going for him Shadow could have killed him before he could pull most of his shit off, yeah mewtwo could shut down his mind but he'd have to think about doing it first before he died. Basically yeah mewtwo would kill him but only if Shadow waited around for a second which is enough time for shadow to circle earth and then some.
>>
>>26966199
They mispelled Toph, from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
>>
>>26966248
Neither of those characters are familiar to me.
>>
>bu-but shadow can survive in space!
>forgetting the genesect movie
>>
>>26957182
I hate that they said that Mewtwo was genderless. Legendary pokemon aren't genderless, they're gender unknown.
Also
>Red vs Blue characters for the next one

Why? The day RvB stopped being about Spartans doing goofy multiplayer shenanigans is the day it went to shit.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-02+at+10.53.00).png (42KB, 1320x415px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-02+at+10.53.00).png
42KB, 1320x415px
By the way the animator made it shit on purpose.

He made it shit on purpose.
>>
>>26966476
What the fuck
>>
>>26966476
What did he leave in? I wasn't watching that closely.
>>
>>26966551
He made the animated fight shit on purpose.
>>
>>26966234
>destroying a small universe
I doubt that ever happened in any of the mangas.
>>
>>26957728
Cartoon Fight Club is even trashier.

I don't think I have ever seen a vs related video worse than Crash vs Spyro vs Toothless, which I think has the worst animated fight scene of all time.

>>26960619
This.
>>
>>26968559
>Crash vs Spyro vs Toothless
Just saw it, became severely dizzy and now have a headache
>>
>>26957364
Mewtwo can literally read minds and make you forget things through psychic powers. If you can't even remember who you are, where you are, or how to use your powers you can't win.
>>
>>26960102
Well, he wasn't controlled in Generations.

He was just there.
>>
Reminder that Shadow freed himself from Black Doom's mind control
>>
File: 1373796073209.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1373796073209.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>>26959706
>It's stupid because you should feel embarrassed about watching anything at all on youtube.

Said by the guy posting in an argument on 4Chan.
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.