[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So can we all agree that Gen V had the best pokemon designs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: gen 5.png (1MB, 1861x1149px) Image search: [Google]
gen 5.png
1MB, 1861x1149px
So can we all agree that Gen V had the best pokemon designs?
>>
>>26943400
Gen 5 might have had some of the worst designs so far (Monkeys, Judo and Karate stickmen, Icecream and Gear pokemon) but it had one of the best ones aswell
>>
>>26943400
Among the best. Yes.
>>
>>26943416
Agreed.

Percentage wise, it's probably got some of my absolute most hated pokemon, but it's offeset so strongly by the ones I love. Seriously, OP didn't even list them all either.
Plus, the ones I'm neutral to, I can appreciate as additions.
>>
>>26943400
Missing a LOT of Pokémon in this image, but I definitely agree.
>>
>>26943400
>try to cherrypick Gen 5's best designs
>still have to come up with montruostities like Kyurem and Cryogonal

I think it sums up this gen quite well
>>
>>26943400
>Zoroark
>Gigalith
>Haxorus
>Golurk
>Scolipede
>Galvantula
>Zekrom
>Reshiram
>Genesect

Damn OP, at least finish the list. the ones you posted are great, though
>>
>>26943451
>can't even spell monstrosities
Kalosperm, everyone.
>>
File: 1465163319213.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465163319213.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>26943461
>Alolatwinkles aren't even on /vp/ yet.
>even more illiterate shitposting is imminant
>>
>>26943452
Forgot about Galvantula, Scolipede and Genesect, sorry. The rest are good but not amongst my favourites

Also the Therian forms made the uninspiring genies look amazing
>>
File: image.png (192KB, 359x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
192KB, 359x255px
>>26943470
>mocks wrong spellings
>imminant
>>
Totally agreed, although I would also add Samurott, Galvantula, Krookodile, Archeops, Golurk, and Braviary to that list.
>>
>>26943400
It had some of my favorites, but it also has some of the most forgettable and bad Pokémon in the franchise, such as the Pidove line and the elemental monkeys. Overall I'd say it was pretty mediocre.
>>
>>26943451
>monstruous titties
>>
>>26943451
>monstrous titties
>>
>>26943547
yeah I forgot a lot of them unofrtunately
>>
>>26943451
>monstrous titties
>>
>>26943547
Samurott is the shittiest design in the entire franchise. They can't even animate it unsheathing its swords properly since its sheaths are on its shoulders.
>>
File: 1462034459162.png (417KB, 870x700px) Image search: [Google]
1462034459162.png
417KB, 870x700px
Please don't bring Gen V into attention, it has suffered enough hate throughout the years.
>>
>>26943400
Hahahaha
>>
>>26943558
I guess it depends on what you value more, bull's eyes or missteps.

Cause I agree, I mean I think nearly the entire chunk of the early dex is really awful. The elemental monkeys, Watchog line, Herdier line, Pidove line (though I really fucking love Pidove itself, oddly), right next to a batch of starters that are generally unpopular, and in my opinion decent pokemon that are unfitting as starters, then it starts off with a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

But then it's backed by a load of easy favorites. Like, I can genuinely say Gigalith, Zoroark, Chandelure, Haxorus, Bisharp, Hydreigon, Reshiram, Zekrom and Genesect are some of my all time favorites. I usually walk away from a gen with 3-5 new favorites, but Gen V gave me a boat load. I happen to value pokemon I like more than pokemon I dislike-- that's to say, if you gave a positive and negative integer for like/dislike, the likes will be higher than the dislikes are low.

So if the good designs dont end up landing for you on a personal level, then its easy to see why its such a controversial generation. The generation's biggest flaw is having pokemon like the elemental monkeys.. pokemon that are near universally disliked, and not really all that important to the dex to begin with. They can take the dex from being "meh" to "shit" in a lot of people's eyes.
>>
>>26943573
kek'd
>>
So fucking many I can't stand at all
>Jellicent
>Gear pokemon
>Monkey trio
>Darmanitan
>Chandelure
>Bouffalant (Tauros wannabe just with worse design)
>Cofagrigus
>Genesect
>Throh
>Sawke
>Ice cream?
>Emboar (Fire/Fighting inc)
>Samurott (What happened to the beast samurai design prior? 4 legs?
>Serperior is alright, but not great
>Psychic Fetus (Metal band name?) AKA Musharna
>Zebstrika
>Zubat wannabes
>Hurrdurr aka Timburr Gurdurr Conkeldurr
>Swampert poser Seismitoad
>Gothorita

Reshiram and Zekrom isn't that great

It does, however hold one of my favorite mons of all time
>Haxorus
>Galvantula
>Excadrill
>Krookodile
>Golurk
>Liepard
>Zoroark
>Carracosta
>Scrafty

I'd rank this gen pokemon wise mid-tier
>>
The problem is half of the designs in the gen are shit. That still leaves about 70 good mons, which is more than Gen 2, 4 and 6 had, but it loses to Gen 1 and 3 which had more good designs.

Gen 5 had the highest highs, but also the deepest lows in terms of design, at least that's how I see it.
>>
Gen 5, like every gen (minus 2 and 6, which are simply bland and average) had good mons and bad mons.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.