[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/heg/ - Hacking and Essentials General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 47

File: New_HUD.webm (3MB, 1152x480px) Image search: [Google]
New_HUD.webm
3MB, 1152x480px
Notable ROM hacks: pastebin.com/hMRJR8KX
Getting started on your own hack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP

Essentials:
Essentials Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki
RMXP Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
http://imgur.com/a/CiudS (WIP Gen 5 tiles)

Sites for sharing games:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/ (better for ROM hacks)
http://reliccastle.com/forums/ (better foir Essentials games)

TotT: How have you enjoyed the latest leaks?
>>
>>26934101
The PokéTab comes in 9 colors and holds the Pokédex, DexNav, Type Calculator, Interactive Map, and several other apps. Additionally, interacting with your active following Pokémon's icon can bring up its list of available Field abilities, the replacement for HMs and similar moves.
>>
>>26934101
Sound type?
>>
>>26934101
>Sound type

You disgust me
The rest of that actually looks cool though
>>
>>26934748
>>26934807

Yeah

Strong against Fire, Ice, Ghost, Steel
Resisted by Rock, Bug, Grass,Sound
Weak to Ice, Bug, Psychic, Poison
Resists Electric, Rock, Ghost, Dark, and Sound

Igglybuff, Voltorb, Politoed, Misdreavus, Chingling, Whismur (pure Sound), Kricketot, Chatot, Meloetta, and Clawitzer, along with their evolutions receive a sound subtype.

All sound-based moves bar Metal Sound, Disarming Voice, Bug Buzz, and Perish Song (becomes Ghost) are now Sound type. The sound-based effects apply to all moves still.

It's actually a very balancing type.
>>
Hopefully it's ok to ask this here since I don't know where else to go. Are there any "721" hacks of any of the gen 6 games that don't increase the difficulty? I'm looking for something my little sister can play and be able to catch everything without the game being too hard for her.
>>
>>26935826
Nope. Eternal X isn't too hard but she'd get walled by the Gym Leaders.

I really don't get people who give all Gym Leaders six Pokémon in ROMhacks. You're not going to have a full team yourself unless you grind.
>>
>>26935826
Eternal x should do that, not sure tho.
>>
>>26935826
Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire or Eternal X/Wilting Y, replace only the wild Pokemon files (don't remember what it is right now for either ORAS or XY but you can look it up).
>>
What is the hack in the OP? looks hella clean.
>>
File: smuglio.png (304KB, 416x381px) Image search: [Google]
smuglio.png
304KB, 416x381px
>>26934910
>making Ice even more of a glass cannon type
>unnecessary Dark nerf
>a very balancing type
>>
>>26936013
That's no hack!
That's just a phoney!
A big fat phoney!
>>
>>26936073
Ice is getting resists to Ground, Water, and Flying.

Dark is great utility type. Every offensive set is immediately better with Knock off, and is one of the few types that has an all out immunity.
This doesn't really nerf either.

>>26936013
It's my project Meta Mercury. I'm releasing info soon.
>>
what are the best gen VI rom hacks? I played a bit through neox/y but its very..... underwhelming to say the least
>>
>>26936154
>Mercury
I'm sold, hurry up and release it.
>>
Is it possible to have two characters at the same Time like following characters or the mario and Luigi saga games, manages two seperate teams of 6?
>>
>>26936154
Keep us posted OP
I miss following Pokemon
>>
>>26934910
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?41426-Pok%E9mon-Meta-Mercury-(Pok%E9mon-Smogon) ?
>>
>>26936197
Your choices are
Rutile Ruby Star Sapphire (difficulty hack, levels are scaled to match the exp share)
Rising Ruby Sinking Sapphire (721 hack, beefs up trainer rosters)
Eternal X Wilting Y (721 hack, beefs up trainer rosters, heavily alters the amount of exp Pokemon give to better scale to the exp share)
playing combinations of them, like Meme Sapphire
>>
>>26936286
thanks man, i also started sinking sapphire (is that the drayano one?) but it ended up being a bit on the easier side
>>
>>26936270
Yeah that, but it's severly outdated.
I plan on moving the topic to PokéCommunity when I finish the trailer.
I'll post the link to that PPthread when that happens.
>>
Looks good. Don't like sound type much but I trust your changes to the meta, especially giving Ice more resistances.
>>
>>26936317
It's not too hard at the beginning, not like BBVW which could rip you a new one earlygame (Bugsy, holy shit). It's just meant to be a slightly harder version, not punishing. Turn off exp share.
>>
>>26936286
I've been playing Meme Sapphire, and enjoying it, but my only complaint is I can't find any documentation on changes aside from "keeps this from one game and the rest is the other". Like my friend who was also playing wanted a Steelix, but metal coats weren't available in the Slateport market like one of the hacks, but they also didn't appear to show up on wild Onix like the other hack says whey would. That was really wordy and I apologize.
>>
>>26936317
Sinking Sapphire is the Drayano one.

If it's too easy for your tastes, try Meme Sapphire, it's Sinking Sapphire with the difficulty curve of Star Sapphire.
>>
>>26936223
Sorry for my poor phrasing on this one. What I have in mind for the essentials game I want to make is a second character that follows the character in their journey. The player manages both characters team for a total of 12 pokemon to manage. In doubles the first 3 of each team are selectable. In singles its just the main characters team. Was wanting an in game device that allows trade between the two characters at anytime. During the gym challenges the second character waits outside. When tthe main character is out of usable pokemon the battle ends but you can use the second team until you get to the pokemon center. Im planning high difficulty, large story, and a good bit of doubles
>>
>>26936232
>>26936218
I post regularly in this general. Once I have most of my stuff presentable, I'll have a forum topic as well.
>>
>>26936970
Is there anything else you could show us?
>>
File: Mid-battle_evolution.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mid-battle_evolution.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>26937048
A couple threads ago, I showed off Mid-Battle Evolution
>>
File: Mystery_Gift.webm (877KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery_Gift.webm
877KB, 640x480px
>>26937048
>>26937079
I also have a mystery gift script that's a ton more intuitive that the stock one.
>>
File: Zekrom_Cutscene.webm (1MB, 1152x480px) Image search: [Google]
Zekrom_Cutscene.webm
1MB, 1152x480px
Also special encounters have into animations
>>
File: Dex_Nav.webm (2MB, 576x240px) Image search: [Google]
Dex_Nav.webm
2MB, 576x240px
Here is an older verion of the Dev Nav.
It's still a work in progress
>>
>>26937079
>Waifu
I laughed
>>
File: Mid_Battle_Evolution.webm (3MB, 1152x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mid_Battle_Evolution.webm
3MB, 1152x480px
>>26937145
Originally it was a Metapod.
>>
File: Regi_Intros.webm (409KB, 1152x480px) Image search: [Google]
Regi_Intros.webm
409KB, 1152x480px
Here are a few more encounter intros.

I also have my full soundtrack here:
https://soundcloud.com/dimbus-maximus/sets/meta-mercury
>>
What are some non-Drayano Gen IV/V rom hacks?
>>
>>26937189
>>26937134
>>26937079
I love these
>>
>>26934101
What pokemon follow script do you use?
>>
>>26939193
Mej's 1.4.1
I've modded it quite a bit tho
>>
>>26939399
Customized in what ways?
>>
>>26939421
I removed some redundant updates and ive change when Pokémon can be out of their ball.
I'm also changing how Pokémon move so that it feels more like HGSS
>>
>>26934101
Is there a pastebin of notable Essentials games?
>>
What's your absolute favourite completed hack for GBC/GBA?
>>
>>26939620
Right here.

http://pastebin.com/fuCYWxF7
>>
>>26939620
http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_fangames

This should be added to the general
>>
>>26937189
This is actually really fucking cool, would play fully
>>
>>26939726
Keep in mind that this list isn't very complete. Maybe /heg/ should try to search for other fan games to add to it?
>>
File: capture038.jpg (10KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
capture038.jpg
10KB, 240x160px
>>26939726
Wow, look at this high quality, well-picked out list. I'd love to play games like this.
>>
Could this be the best essentials game of all time...?
You could even say its... Essential to play.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355978
>>
File: Pokémon Wack.png (40KB, 535x423px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Wack.png
40KB, 535x423px
>>26940292
I can't tell if this is ironic or not considering Essentialsfags have unironically put "gender-neutral" protagonists in their games before.
>>
>>26940644
>forcing multicultural characters
>forcing gender-neutrals

Good thing my game is ideologically pure.
>>
>>26940806
I don't get it.
You could easily just pick boy/girl and continue on never thinking about it again.
It's not like the game will shame you for not being a polyamorous biromantic scoliosexual genderless multidimensional otherkin.
I don't get what the deal is.
Some people actually want this feature and it has zero impact on the actual game.
>>
>>26940644
I'm just curious what the sprites look like
>>
File: triggered.png (42KB, 518x550px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
42KB, 518x550px
>>26941291
>You could easily just pick boy/girl and continue on never thinking about it again.

Tumblr can't.
>>
>>26941409
But you can. If Tumblr is that degenerate, natural selection will wipe them out.
No, really.
Just give them the choice, and as long as it doesn't impact you, there's no problem.
>>
>>26941439
Honestly, Tumblr is the modern day equivalent of a T-Rex.
Loud. Showy. The talk of the time. Potentially dangerous? Maybe.
But, little mammalian me can give it all the space it wants until one day, that thing is going to belly up.
>>
>>26941439
Oh, you were arguing in favor of more than two gender options, not against.

It impacts me slightly just because it's stupid. It won't ruin my day but it's just the type of thing you roll your eyes at.

That, and any fangame that would include an option like that is surely going to have polyamorous biromantic scoliosexual genderless multidimensional otherkin NPCs, so you could think of it as a huge red flag.
>>
File: PEOPLE.jpg (69KB, 610x345px) Image search: [Google]
PEOPLE.jpg
69KB, 610x345px
>>26941529
I get that, and I'm really more for the non invasive thing that Sun/Moon did.

No character asks you whether you're a boy or a girl, just "What do you look like?"

No gender is implied because it's not important. It just takes characters based on the two biological sexes and then varies the skin and hair tone.

You'd never know or care while playing and it detracts from no one.

NPC genders are the same for the most part. Every once in a while, there's a canon transexual, but who's to say half of them are or none at all. Relationships and sexuality are left ambiguous because it's just a Vietnamese spirit-summoning simulator for adolescents.
>>
>>26941592
Yeah, S&M's thing doesn't bug me in the slightest.

>Every once in a while, there's a canon transexual

This honestly would bug me if it were a western game, but I know Japan plays crossdressing and trannies for laughs so it's alright. I'm just sick of western devs shoving their political views into their games. Wasn't there an AssCreed game recently set in the early 20th century with a transexual as a major character?
>>
>>26941616
Yeah, but according to Polygon, it's a supporting character who's gender doesn't affect the storyline.

Should be a lot similar to Sun/Moon in that regard.
>>
>>26941646
On the AssCreed count, they still advertised the character as a selling point, so it's still pandering.

I don't think Sun & Moon itself will have any trannies, or if it does it'll be some random NPC with an ambiguous piece of dialogue that tumblr spergs over and not anything like a Gym Leader though Fantina can't be anything but a drag queen with that face
>>
>>26941663
>Fantina
I seriously thought she was Tucker when the games first came out.
>>
File: Unova_Route_4.png (12KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Unova_Route_4.png
12KB, 256x192px
I did it again.

https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/unova-route-4-gbc-8-bit
http://pastebin.com/QXeYDHeD

I don't plan on doing all the Unova routes or anything, but for some reason I just got an itch to do several.

Also reposting this one from a few days ago though I suddenly became a lot less satisfied with the cover when I realized Route 1 has two variations and one has percussion, but the version I listened to when doing the cover didn't, which definitely would've made this sound a lot better; maybe I'll do a V2 with percussion later.
https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/unova-route-1-gbc-8-bit
http://pastebin.com/MpsxsYCE
>>
>>26941291
If people creating fan games want this and actively work to include technicolor genderkin, so be it. I can't argue with people adding something they want to see in their own games. The ones that agitate on tumblr without doing anything are bothersome do-nothings, though.
>>
>>26939774
>>26937048
>>26936232
>>26936218
What features would you all like to see implemented? I'm sure I could do just about anything.
>>
>>26941291
This i could give a shit less because im not choosing that. If it makes some degenerates not piss and whine thats good
>>
>>26942295
left field suggestion out of the blue. Pokethlon style stat system (star rating, up to 5) to replace HMs. Stats being;
Swim
Fly
Strength
Cut
Burn
Zap

Where instead of checking for a HM it instead checks for the relevant stat.
eg. small bush needs a cut stat of 2, metal fence needs one of 4.
Rock smash boulder needs strength stat of 2, strength boulder needs 4.
Still water needs a swim stat of 2, higher currents might need 4 or higher depending.

Double potential, a hazard could check for more than one stat.
A small cut bush could also check for burn.

Basically, HMs a shit and ranger nearly had the right idea, I think this would be perfect.
>>
>>26942435
Tjis. This is perfect. Field stats to replace HMs. HMs are boring and annoying. This is so much better.
>>
Hey /heg/, do you make your outdoor tiles by yourself?

The essentials game I'm making focuses heavily on urbanized areas. I have far more maps with huge concrete blocks rather than one/two story houses, either already done or planned (I also have a metro/underground system planned, which is pretty much the size of entire region. In some areas it functions somewhat ok, in others it's still crowded with workers and under construction, in some cases the dark tunnels are outright abandoned by the state, due to various circumstances, which naturally attracts a lot of colorful individuals, organizations as well as Pokemon, but enough about that)

Anyways, I've been searching through various public custom tilesets, but most of them really lack structures like these, often having few house designs and that's about it. Those that do have plenty of buildings destined for heavily urbanized areas (such as DPPt based tilesets) seem to be rather too fancy or futuristic. There's more than enough glass giants and sophisticated apartment/business buildings to choose from, however sprites for things such as manufactories, "commieblocks", powerplants with huge chimneys or somewhat older looking buildings made of bricks that could be used in poorer areas are very rare or non existent. I want my cities to be sorta gray and give this obscure feel while still bursting with life and because the public tilesets didn't help me much in that regard, I've realized I'll probably have to make them myself.
Sadly, I've come to a realization that making my own tileset takes far more time than any other aspect of creating the game. Way more time.
>>
>>26942435
I already have this feature
Along, with HMs, each species has an overworld move.
>>
##ok
>>
>>26941805
Is pic related supposed to imply vore?
>>
>>26943228
I needed a lot of weatherworn looking ruins for something, so I set about making them. But yeah, it's a time consuming process because you want it to fit with existing resources. If you have a dedicated outdoor tileset always rip colors from those, make sure doors match, etc.

I assume you're using mostly gen 4 assets? DPPt tiles are very bright to begin with so making a very bleak looking working class area might prove to be a challenge, but it's definitely possible.
>>
>>26943900
well then
>>
Has anyone here actually ripped the kyledove's public biome tiles?
>>
>>26939602
Maybe this is a stupid question, but where did you get your pokemon overworld sprites?
>>
>>26945627
I think they are in the PokéCommunity thread for 1.4.1
If not, I can redistribute them
>>
>>26945627
Here they are:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcz25t76agm3giz/Animations.rar?dl=0
>>
>>26939602
>and ive change when Pokémon can be out of their ball
Care to tell how? I really wanted to edit it so that Pokemon wouldn't follow me inside buildings. At first I figured there could be some condition that if map ain't outdoors the following's off, but then I realized they also wouldn't follow me in caves and whatnot. Did you write a script in which you manually put map IDs on which the Pokemon stay inside the balls?
>>
File: 1460714970280.jpg (54KB, 354x364px) Image search: [Google]
1460714970280.jpg
54KB, 354x364px
>>26942435
>>26942643
>trying to fix being forced to use specific moves
>by forcing the player to use specific Pokémon

How exactly does this fix the problem you have with HMs?
>>
>>26945957
Each map has an outdoor flag that you can set in the Essentials editor

In order to have the game check indoors use:
>if !pbGetMetadata($game_map.map_id,MetadataOutdoor)
when transitioning between maps, I'd do a check for that, and if the condition yields true, I would set both:
>$game_switches[Following_Activated_Switch]
and
>$game_switches[Toggle_Following_Switch]
both off.
all so include an "else" statement setting both variables back on if the check is false.
I think "def transfer_player" at ~line 228 of Scene_Map is what you want to place this check at, since all variables are global.
>>
http://gbatemp.net/threads/romhack-pokemon-chaos-ruby-and-distortion-sapphire-cr-ds.421658/
>There are people who think this looks good
>>
>>26945806
Those are the chat bubbles, not the ovreworld sprites.
>>
>>26946279
All pokemon that can learn the HM can use the move after the badge.
You no longer have to give up a moveslot.
Also, some pokémon can use their field move to remove obstructions without the related field ability.
For example,
A Slugma doesn't have the field ability Cut, but it can still use it's field move Singe to burn it down.
Many psychic types and levitating pokemon can carry you across water without the use of surf.

The user still needs the required badges, however.
>>
File: mega empoleon.png (85KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
mega empoleon.png
85KB, 400x240px
>>26946337
My eyes

I'd love a hack that properly implemented Shadow Pokémon, though, but it would have to be the proper mechanics just like in the Colosseum games.
>>
>>26945806
>>26945627
>>26946364
My bad, I couldn't check.
This should be it:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1cd7yfly9gxhgdd/Characters.rar
>>
This may sound odd but does anyone have a tile for glass bottle/broken bottle? Both 16x16 and 32x32 will do.
>>
>>26942295
All Pokemon available
Event Pokemon available through their events, not just standing in the middle of a route or roaming
Good Pokemon distribution early on. I hate when you can't have the full team you want until around the 8th badge or after
If a Pokemon has a terrible ability, make it's HA the standard
Remove trade evolutions
>>
>>26946660
>All Pokemon available

There are currently 721 Pokémon, and S&M has a chance to bring that number above 800. You can't fit that much into two regions (I think that's what the author said they're planning) without it being a complete clusterfuck. I already thought XY was bad about its wild distribution, and that's only 450.
>>
File: bottle.png (266B, 32x32px) Image search: [Google]
bottle.png
266B, 32x32px
>>26946563
here you go.
hope this works
>>
>>26935981
The problem with doing that is the levels being totally out of whack. To use Eternal X as an example, the wilds in victory road are level 70-72. Diantha's Gardevoir in vanilla is level 68. You just took an already easy game, and made it even easier.
>>
>>26943228
Also if you haven't seen this already, this tutorial may help.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8964986
>>
>>26940644
>obvious Malcolm in the middle reference
>thinking it isn't ironic
>>
>>26947732
If "More Options" leads to "I don't know" and "Can you repeat the question?" then I'd know it's ironic, but I can't get that just from this one screenshot, since I didn't download the game.
>>
>>26947902
It does. It also has an Attack Helicopter option.
>>
>>26934101
Do you have to buy RPGmaker if you want to hack?
>>
>>26948586
not necessarily, but it makes it a ton easier.
>>
How is Pokemon Liquid Crystal? Is it better than Storm Silver, or should I just play Storm Silver instead? Is liquid crystal good?
>>
>>26934101
>and Ruby being a piece of shit you should avoid at all costs because it was made by a GameFreak who don't know what they're doing.
From the pastebin. What does this imply? Wasn't Firered and Emerald made by GF? How do they differ?
>>
>>26948586
Just torrent it
>>
I have a fangame of my own I'm working on but it probably won't be anything impressive beyond probably some custom Trainer sprites and fakemon.
>>
>>26948603
I have heard it's an OC-infested crapfest. I have played CrystalDust, which was very nice and completely free from donuts made of steel
>>
>>26948616
Ah..
>>
>>26948498
Then it's ironic, which is good.

>>26948586
RPGMaker is for Essentials fangames. To make ROMhacks you just need the ROM you want and any tools used for the ROM. Gen 1/2 are disassembled so you don't need any tools and can do everything with just assembly code, but Gen 3 still needs traditional hacking tools.

I don't recommend Essentials as a base because it's coded sloppily, the only Essentials games I've seen that actually look good have had a lot of engine tweaking. But I also suck several cocks daily so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

>>26948611
I haven't hacked Ruby but to my understanding it's just really messy compared to FRLG and Emerald, and harder to use as a result. Nobody uses Ruby except destinedjagold, and if you wanted to do a Hoenn hack it would make more sense to use Emerald anyway for the extra features and better community support.
>>
File: Rainbow.png (757KB, 654x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow.png
757KB, 654x1026px
Was it one of you guys who started and then bailed on this project?
>>
>>26948586
RMXP is $6 on steam sale right now. Back in my day we had to pirate a sketchy "English" translation.
>>
>>26948667
I still hope it will happen
>>
>>26948633

Crystaldust seems to be a more 1:1 port wheras Liquid Crystal seems to have added more of the creator's own content in the postgame. I'll miss having some of the Gen 4 pokemon available, like Magnezone, Drapion, Mismagius, Togekiss, Yanmega and Honchkrow, but I can deal with it. Maybe I should replay Storm Silver? Liquid Crystal does interest me though, just wondering what the opinions of /heg/ on it were
>>
>>26937079
>>26937098
>>26937113
>>26937134
>>26937157
>>26937189
HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING
>>
>>26948693
Hoping ain't gun do us shit; it's in our hands now. We just need to learn how.
>>
File: Amap zero out.png (10KB, 412x270px) Image search: [Google]
Amap zero out.png
10KB, 412x270px
bump
>>
what happened to sage

remember lurking as a newfag and it got me excited
>>
>>26951134
They privitized and a small group is finishing it. It's totally never getting done though.
>>
does anyone have the pokemon vega minus path patch or ROM? i can't find it anywhere
>>
>>26951289
What it do?
>>
>>26934101
I was interested until I saw Sound type
>>
Gonna post an updated DexNav soon
>>
File: Abandoned_Ship.png (4KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Abandoned_Ship.png
4KB, 240x160px
>speed through a cover like fucking lightning
>spacebar on keyboard breaks halfway through

FUCK ME

https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/abandoned-ship-gbc-8-bit
http://pastebin.com/8yZgqyZ8
>>
>>26934101
not a hack but a fan-game slowly building
http://pokengine.org/
>>
>>26954572
Could always use extra spriters/animators
>>
>>26934101
Hack name?
>>
>>26954572
This looks really polished. What engine are you using?

>>26954104
That keyboard didn't die in vain. This sounds really good.

Due to technical issues, I'll have to upload the video in the morning.
I can talk about the Dex Nav a little, though.
>It essentially performs the same as it does in ORAS
>The Dex Nav runs on a completely different encounter table other encounters, meaning that a whole list of new pokémon can be found on a route the player has been to before
>Running at an overworld phenomenon causes the pokémon to flee
>Players and find pokémon while surfing going through caves and fishing in thisa manner as well
>Pokémon can occasionally hold rare items, have special moves, and special abilities
>A Pokémon not registered in the dex is displayed in silhouette on the display
>Shininess factor hasn't been changed yet, it may double with a high streak
>Streaks haven't been implemented yet, but rarer attributes of pokémon will become more prevalent with higher streaks
>The cry of the pokémon can be heard in the overworld and uses a very precise panning algorithm
>IVs will not be altered by this, because they work differently in this game
>>
>>26954773
Meta Mercury
>>
Can someone link me a black/white rom?
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 646x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 646x375px
>>26942295
A feature similar to pokken synergy. A Pokemon can gain 40 in their best stat and 20 in other. They could be synergyzed when they have a strong enough bond. It will work with any Pokemon. The main character can carry this in their wrist
>>
>>26955600
its a revive. item launcher.
>>
File: megaPikachuX.gif (582KB, 416x398px) Image search: [Google]
megaPikachuX.gif
582KB, 416x398px
>>26948667
Not the original Digimon Rainbow guy, but I'm working on a similar project, in Essentials. I'm going to do some preliminary work(setting up Kanto's geography), then gauge interest here. It's quite special in that it cannot be completed if there isn't enough interest. It needs ideas/sprites/music/code/design from a lot of people in order for it to work.
>>
>>26934101
Where do i find exe script editior? The pastebin just takes me to some tiny bullshit "Free space finder" on pokecommunity
>>
File: bus.jpg (103KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bus.jpg
103KB, 400x400px
>>26956076
>>
>>26956076
No thanks.
>>
>>26956110
It's not like I made any outrageous claims. I have almost no work done. I downloaded a shitty map pack in like 2014, right now I'm reorganizing the maps so that the order isn't shit, and then setting up warps because connections always lag no matter what you do.
I'm willing to see the project through(although it might slow down in Sept because I'm taking a programming course then). But if the interest isn't there, it's pointless to go beyond this stage.
>>
Where can i find firered ROM that can be used in advance map? Google gives me all kinds of bullshit
>>
>>26956360
http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Gameboy_Advance_ROMs/Pokemon_Fire_Red_(U)(Squirrels)/44874-download
>>
>>26956076
>It's quite special in that it cannot be completed if there isn't enough interest. It needs ideas/sprites/music/code/design from a lot of people in order for it to work.
>I'm working on a game but I need you fags to do all the work for me.
kek
>>
>>26956463
pretty much how it works m8
I have no skills, and the nature of Digimon Rainbow is for all of us to collaborate to make something terrible.
>>
>>26956479
No, the initial idea was for everyone to post their idea and if they wanted custom textures, they would have to post them.
Then, the guy in charge would do the Development and give an update in half a year or something.
>>
>>26956485
>if they wanted custom textures, they would have to post them
Nigga, all sprites needed to be submitted(even recolors). And we don't know anything about things that would require new music, new scripting, or anything like that. All he changed was maps(no new tiles), encounters(no new Pokemon), names, and a few moves. All these things I would do by myself.

>give an update in half a year or something
People have been asking about Digimon Rainbow for about half a year, and he's said nothing. Pretty sure he just left after realizing how much work he'd gotten himself into, and never planned to leave for this long.
>>
>>26956421
thanks

How do you put the changes you have made in Advancemap, Pokemoneditor and XSE into the game?
>>
>>26956421
It shows up in my downloads, but not when i try to open a file in the editor programs. What now?
>>
>>26956663
K, think i got it, but PGE keeps crashing when i load firered, but not when i try emerald. Any explanaition?
>>
>>26956831
What error do you get?
>>
>>26956906
" InvalidArgument=Value of '47499' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex"
>>
>>26956931
Try using G3T
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=311461
>>
>>26956984
Seems to be the ROM-file that lacks some information or something. But it's still playable for some reason. Thanks anyway
>>
>>26956648
Anyone know this?
>>
>>26957394
>>26956984
Nvm btw. Managed to extract the .gba-file from a different fr-ROM. This one seems to work
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (219KB, 656x524px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
219KB, 656x524px
This seemed a lot more fun in my head
>>
>>26957528
Install the fonts you goddamn nigger.
>>
>>26957528
Iktfb

I worked on a Medabots game a while back. I ended up ragequitting because I wound up making a bunch of new types and stuff. It was way too ambitious.

Every once in a while I think about making a minor hack with like 50 mons, but then I stop because I don't want the handful of that franchise's fanbase to throw a shitfit because I didn't put all the mons in.
>>
File: Dex_Nav_Upgrade_t.webm (3MB, 576x240px) Image search: [Google]
Dex_Nav_Upgrade_t.webm
3MB, 576x240px
>>26954776
Here is a recording of some of the features listed here.
>>
>>26958571
Fascinating, as always. It seems you can't directly search for them, yeah?

Also, the zoom out on the trainer throwing a Pokeball looks off because of the black bars around the background. I assume that's just a place holder?
>>
File: Not important but interesting.png (800KB, 906x682px) Image search: [Google]
Not important but interesting.png
800KB, 906x682px
>wild pokemon in XY will mega evolve if they have the appropriate mega stone
>wild pokemon in ORAS won't
Huh.
>>
File: laininsidesticker.png (14KB, 2250x3000px) Image search: [Google]
laininsidesticker.png
14KB, 2250x3000px
>>26958571
That's amazing desu.

How much experience in gamedev/Ruby do you have? The most complicated things I've done were a 4chan catalog searcher and an IRC bot that mainly parses info from a huge google docs spreadsheet.
>>
>>26958717
Didn't Glalie and Steelix Mega Evolve on their own in the ORAS Demo? Maybe that's what happened. Since they actually went and made a real wild encounter, they actually put a proper switch in to make it happen when they wanted it to, so it no longer happens by default.
>>
>>26958699
I'm completely redesigning the battle scene, so i'm not too worried about the zoom yet.

>>26958815
I've been rom hacking for about six or seven year, but I switched to ruby based programming last year
>>
>>26959876
Are you planning to release plug n play scripts once your game is out? I really like the mid-battle evolution
By the way, surprised you're not using the battle moving camera gimmick
>>
>>26960786
I may release a few plug and play scripts, but most of my scripts require in depth knowledge of Ruby and Essentials and can't be condensed into one script easily.

I'm going to end up having a battle scene similar to gen 6/7 with several camera angles and visible trainers.
Are you referring to the camera angles from Elite Battle or Essentials BW?
>>
>>26960850
Elite Battle
>>
>>26960860
Right now it moves most similar to BW, but yeah as I said the whole layout is getting a facelift
>>
>>26958571
I think you should have the Pokémon flee from running sooner, like increase the area where it checks if you're running. It looks like you can get too close before they flee. Just my opinion though, this looks good otherwise.
>>
>>26948603

Bump, would like some more opinions please
>>
>>26961979
If you're running when a Pokémon is in the grass, you can't get into an encounter no matter how close you are
>>
If fakemon have to be in a game, what is the optimal way of handling they to you?
Should they have unique typings or stay as close to patterns as possible?
How many and in what places?
What about original characters?
Are self inserts a no go for you?
>>
>>26963527
Fakemon are fine imo, as long as their sprites look good.
Self inserts are fine if you do it subtly, like make an Ace trainer Max or something.
>>
>>26963579
Oh, I wasn't talking about my project, Just in general.
I've noticed polarization on projects that include one or both.
Some people really like it, others don't.
>>
>>26948603
The writing is fucking terrible. The OC's are obvious self inserts. There's a part where they make a shitty inside joke about mcdonalds or something. The Physical/Special split is in but the moves themselves aren't even updated. Pokemon didn't get any buffs or new moves either. At least there's the Orange Island, but fuck that puzzle with the numbers. What the fuck were they thinking
>>
Is there a gen3 difficulty hack that is about as hard as the Kaizo hacks?
>>
>>26964619
Some of the harder Touhoumon hacks out there beat Crystal Kaizo in difficulty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEq8B0PjmLU
>>
>>26965070
Is there an equivalent for Emerald?
>>
>>26965303
Cuckold emerald
>>
Any decent, finished hacks/essentials that are 100% fakemon?
>>
How do you all feel about Phoenix Rising and Ethereal Gates?
Are there other fan games that far along?
>>
File: 1466639970317.jpg (506KB, 1280x1842px) Image search: [Google]
1466639970317.jpg
506KB, 1280x1842px
Does anyone have a link for a .cia of Neo X? I've looked everywhere but all I can find is 1.33, I'd really appreciate the help
>>
>>26967313
Is Phoenix Rising that one with all the deviant art tier anime artwork and NO demo?
>>
>>26967340
The latest version is 1.4, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere.
>>
>>26967347
This one?
http://reliccastle.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=576
>>
>>26967347
PR is the one with tiles that make your dick hard. Their megas range from good to questionable though.
>>
>>26966607
I wish these >>26967313 were finished ;_;
>>
File: region.png (31KB, 1057x720px) Image search: [Google]
region.png
31KB, 1057x720px
Thoughts on the region that I'm developing for a Firered hack?
>>
>>26968111
Forgot to mention the dot and path colour representation
Dot
Red - Gym
Blue - City or Town
Yellow - E4
Orange - Starting town

Paths
White - Normal Route
Blue - Water Route
Brown - Cave Route
>>
>>26968111
looks fine to me
>>
>>26968111
Are those islands explorable?
>>
>>26968269
Yeah, as a part of a water route
>>
>>26968275
Then I'm all for it. Here's hoping it goes somewhere.
>>
File: AeonDex Work.png (520KB, 904x2349px) Image search: [Google]
AeonDex Work.png
520KB, 904x2349px
I ran a text-based Pokémon RPG for several years, but we never got it off the ground. I really need a creative outlet, so I'm thinking about make my region (Aeon) into a hack or fan-game. My question is: based on our dex, would this be a game anyone would be interested in playing?
>>
File: AeonEvoDex.png (107KB, 414x1221px) Image search: [Google]
AeonEvoDex.png
107KB, 414x1221px
And the Evodex. We've forgone Fairy in favor of Light, but that could change.
>>
>>26968450
Why not?
>>
>>26968450
Go for it, a lot of the dex sprites are really well-done. Some of the Pokemon could use a redesign though, the grass starter's evolutions look far too evil/edgy to work as Pokemon and the water starter line's anatomy is strange
>>
>>26963527
Self-inserts are terrible. I mean, if you have characters that have some of the same qualities you do then that can work, but if you have a "Champion Max" who has a team of 6 types, is good at everything and rides a skateboard, then that's a problem.

As for fakemon, I think that it's better to be conservative with them and have MOST of the concepts be similar to old mons conceptually and in terms of typing. Too many people try to be super unique with fakemon and it just doesn't end up working.
>>
>>26934101
oi cunt you releasing these features somewhere
>>
File: ROUTE 111.png (342KB, 640x2240px) Image search: [Google]
ROUTE 111.png
342KB, 640x2240px
dumping maps please rate/8
>>
File: ROUTE 113.png (81KB, 1600x320px) Image search: [Google]
ROUTE 113.png
81KB, 1600x320px
>>26969362
>>
File: Praimaburg.png (916KB, 9040x4952px) Image search: [Google]
Praimaburg.png
916KB, 9040x4952px
Rate my map
>>
File: RUSTBORO CITY.png (123KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
RUSTBORO CITY.png
123KB, 640x960px
>>26969370
>>
>>26969271
I disagree completely. I want cool and unique fakemon, why the fuck would anyone not?
>>
>>26963527
Fakemons should be as unique as possible. We already have tons of Normal/Flying, pure Water, etc mons. So why would you even want to make more?

If possible, gym leaders should have a 2:1 ratio of fakemons and realmons.

Self-inserts are fine as long as they have good characterization. If you're going to make an overpowered character, you should either have him/her work for it, or have them eventually get bodied by an even stronger force.
This might be the player's story, but there's nothing wrong with breaking up the monotony with a character arc.
>>
>>26969380
What happened to Rustboro?
>>
>>26969660
looks like a drought hoenn.
>>
>>26969660
>>26969803
Muh post-apocalyptic future region
>>
>>26934101
>http://imgur.com/a/CiudS (WIP Gen 5 tiles)
Are these actual rips, and when is it complete?
>>
>>26969903
>Are these actual rips
Gen 5 used 3D models. They're not actual rips. I'm guessing somebody is just going around screenshotting areas to make everything look like tiles.
>>
>>26969873
I thought it was just post groudon hoenn?
Well if that's what you want I suppose.
>>
>>26969960
Wouldn't it be possible to turn off the 3D view of BW2, making everything seem flat, and just rip the tiles from screenshots? If so, why haven't anyone done it?
>>
>>26969960
>>26969903
>>26969987
Actually, yes I ripped them directly from the game's file system and formatted them for rmxp.
I still have to do cave tiles and buildings as well as ponds and other things.
The 3d models use flat textures that I rip using spiky ' s map editor.
>>
>>26942295
Be able to talk to the pokemon that follow you like in HGSS if you haven't already
like "Woah! TYPHLOSION suddenly hugged you!"
>>
>>26969999
That's hella awesome dude. And about time someone finally did this.
How much are you planning on ripping? Just the essentials or also special stuff like the plants on Route 1, Village Bridge gravel beach, Black City and White Forest? What about seasons? Summer, spring, autumn, snowless winter and snowful winter?
Sorry for asking this many things all at once.
>>
>>26970027
That's already a default feature in the script, but I plan on playing with it a little to get some other mechanics on interaction.

>>26970039
I plan on ripping most everything with a focus on ornamentation and texture variation on ground tiles.
For buildings that are extremely large like the White Tree Hollow, Shiney has already ripped them so I just have to include it where there's space. In the album, I already have 5 tiles etc with seasonal variations, including when snow covers the ground.
>>
>>26970123
Are you ripping BW1 or BW2? A lot of stuff like grass, mountains and trees were updated in the sequel, which desu looks a lot better. Just look at Aspertia City, it's gorgeous.
>>
>>26970280
Just Bw2 because yeah everything was a ton better aesthetically.
>>
>>26970320
Awesome. Can't wait to see the finished tilesets. Especiall Aspertia's tiles and trees. Keep up the good work!
>>
I'm the middle of sketching out some protagonist outfit designs.
>>
>>26968450
Pretty damn nice. I don't quite get what >>26969257 means with the grass starters, but that might be because I like sheep so I'm biased. If you ever do decide to drop the light type, you're in a good spot since the designs you have could easily pass as fairy types. Aside from the weird bubblegum pokemon and some of those evos, this is definitely one of the better fakedexes I've seen.
Are there actual bugs that disguise themselves as frogs?
>>
>>26971878
You're Welsh, aren't you
>>
>>26969362
I don't understand, why is there kelp on land?
>>
>>26971986
Nah, I just think sheep are cute.
>>
>>26971878
I'm not sure. Falsite has multiple forms, the other ones just haven't been sprited yet. He's like a pseudo-Ditto.
Also ,thanks for the feedback. The Baalaa line is my favorite, so I doubt I'll change it lol.
>>
File: 2016-07-04_15.58.38.jpg (1MB, 1505x2676px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-04_15.58.38.jpg
1MB, 1505x2676px
Heroine.
Haven't colored it yet.
>>
>>26972166
It looks like of like the water level dropped? Something about the terrain.
>>
>>26973739
looks alright/10
>>
File: Route 101.png (9KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Route 101.png
9KB, 240x160px
Happy independence day! I should have done a Unova track for today but oh well. Managed to map another key to my spacebar, decided to do a simple song as a warmup for my new setup.

https://soundcloud.com/mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-1/route-101-gbc-8-bit
http://pastebin.com/VstjfaGf
>>
>>26969284
Not yet.
I will release a few and maybe an engine once my game is complete.
>>
>>26969380
there are 3 enterable buildings in the entire city, add some more
>>
>>26975647
As a sage contributor, I was just wondering how your following mon script with mods compared to the one in Sage. Are you familiar enough with it to make the comparison?
>>
>>26969378
there are some super empty stretches, I'd put in some more bridges and environment shit rather than just having one long straight line road. I wanna feel like an adventurer not a fucking car. The towns look nicely defined though, keep it up!
>>
>>26975804
Hold on,
let me download and see.
>>
>>26975836
Neat, thanks. I wonder how your mods compare to the ones our programmers slaved away on. Specifically with bugs, like with ice sliding, moving between maps, with PCs and healing, etc.
>>
>>26975863
I haven't tested certain terrains yet, but I can try to lend a hand at modifications.
>>
>>26968450
eh, some of the designs are simplistic enough to just remove instantly, and light type just seems to be a blend of fairy and electric so far, I'm not-
>The lilypad frog
make it please
>>
File: 1.png (740KB, 1525x1906px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
740KB, 1525x1906px
Hey guys. I'm devoloping my own fangame, called Pokemon Titan, spanish.

It's in advanced devolopment, it has 13 gyms for now, and I would like to begin with the english version and present the game in PokeCommunity.

Based on the pics, looks apealing enough? I'm pretty insecure, the international scene is more demanding than the spanish scene
>>
>>26976729
Visually looks ok aside from the professor's face. Oh god, the return of the mostly pointless right half of the pokecenter.
>>
>>26976729
Looks pretty standard for a pokemon fan game. The fan game community isn't very demanding in terms of graphics at all. It's why Ethereal Gates and Sage are pretty much the only playable games that don't look like ass.
>>
>>26976865
Woops, left trip on after shitposting in the sage thread.
>>
>>26976729
Is that a PMD Lugia sprite?

>>26970320
Any tips on ripping? I've been using SDSME to rip textures but lighting doesn't transfer over well.
>>
are the tpp devs gonna make a gen 3 hack?
>>
>>26976935
If I remember correctly they said no way in hell, because a 386 run in TPP would be a nightmare.

I think it would be cool if someone made a 386 hack that combines Emerald and FireRed, not combining the plots of both but porting one region to the other game as postgame. Then you'd have two regions to split the 386 Pokémon between and make things less clusterfucky.
>>
can anyone rec me some essentials games that are finished OR have a cool twist on the pokemon formula? I like games that have unconventional starters, cool stories, unique regions, etc.

I've played Alabaster, Insurgence, Zeta/Omnicron, Tried Reborn but retarded difficulty, Played Rejuvination. I've got Gray Topaz downloaded, hope its good
>>
File: Walk_with_Pokémon_fix.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Walk_with_Pokémon_fix.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>26975804
I think I fixed a ton of issues.
The first glaring thing was that the script wasn't up to date.
I got bridges over water and ice to work to some degree.

I tried to make it as plug and play as possible, so it only requires remarking out or deleting "Following Pokemon":

http://pastebin.com/raw/wAXMke9B

Let me know if this works!
Hope this helped!

I used some debug scripts in the video to walk through walls
>>
>>26977764
Better yet, I just thought of forcing the pokémon back into its ball upon the player sliding on ice.
I'm going to make that fix
>>
>>26977764
you're an amazing person
>>
>>26977764
Wow, this is great. I'll ship this off to our programmers and see what they say.
>>
File: Fix2.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fix2.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>26977764
>>26977995

>>26978102
Made another edit.
All problems should be solved now.
http://pastebin.com/raw/XdKu5hcr

Someone left the bridge terrain off the end tiles for the bridges, and the player can surf on them. just set their tags to 15 and it should work.
>>
>>26978202
So, just to get a grasp of exactly what you did, what exactly did you do?

So, now the behaviour of the following mon should be that once the player steps on ice it goes into the ball, then it doesn't appear again until when? Is it when the player has their feet back on ground again or is it after they're a tile away from the edge and there's room off the ice for the following mon? It looks like both happen in the clip. Also, just to be 100% clear the rocks in the ice are being a little goofy because collision is off in debug mode? Are there any other changes?
>>
>>26978202
actually, do not change the tile's terrain tags to 15. it creates a wall for some reason.

>>26978259
the player has to manually reopen the ball. If you want to have the ball reopen automatically, it has to be manually set, because the script would open it in the middle of the ball maze if I didn't permanently close it. I could find a way to check, but it would require creating new variable and methods in other places in the file system.
>>
>>26978259
I can also walk on the rocks regardless of debug being on or off, but it turns out, o one set the passibility for it.
Setting it as impassable in all directions fixes this
>>
>>26978334
Ah, so you created a following mon toggle (this may have already existed. I seem to recall talking about hiding something like this on the 'l' key or something) and made it so entering icy terrain flipped this toggle? I guess that's elegant.

About bridges, I don't know exactly how they work, but I know they're a problem that programmers need to constantly yell at mappers about. So, we have them working somehow.

Thanks a lot for this, again.
>>
>>26978377
>Ah, so you created a following mon toggle
Yeah, by default it's the Ctrl key. Forgot to mention that.

No problem, glad to help.
>>
>>26967313
There's an Essentials game floating around called Pokemon Alchemist that seems to be up to the postgame, but I haven't had a chance to try it.

>>26977764
This is incredible work holy shit.
>>
This may be the wrong general, and a stupid question, but would there be any way to trade over a pokemon from, say, Sinking Sapphire to a main game? And SS is just 721/difficulty curve right?

And wasn't there some new X/Y hack that came out recently by some guy who had a Z in his name on Twitter?
>>
>>26978903
Yes, you can trade as long as it doesn't set off hack detectors. Don't remember how good GameFreak's are, I think they're pretty shitty and things will pass as long as they don't blatantly break the game. SS has two different sets, 721/difficulty, and another set of files that changes base stats, typing movepools, etc. Note that the first two are decided by the game, so if you capture, say, a Luvdisc, which is Water/Fairy in the changed version of SS, but it has completely legit moves, you can trade it over no problem.

And you might be thinking of Eternal X/Wilting Y.
>>
>>26978992
Got it. Seems like that 721/diff only version is what I'm looking for. Where should I look to hunt down a .CIA of that?
>>
>>26979034
Dunno, 3dsiso I guess. I ripped the game myself, so can't help you there.
>>
>>26979034
If you're looking for EXWY, here's a drive with files and changes. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw0cbznV4l_TSExKTW04bFB5TUE&usp=sharing

If you're looking for any other gen VI hack, there's this. http://pastebin.com/0VB0v7Hc
>>
>>26979098
EXWY or Meme Sapphire?

That pastebin should be in future OPs!
>>
>>26978992
so if I have, say, a butterfree in SS, which has increased stats, and bring it to legit ORAS, what'll happen?
>>
>>26979211
>EXWY or Meme Sapphire?
If you're asking which one to play, I personally have both. Meme Sapphire has a much higher difficulty curve than EXWY (Wattson hovers around lv40 and has a Mega Ampharos for example). Unfortunately I can't say too much about either as I've only gotten that far in Meme Sapphire and I only have one badge in Eternal X. So far I like them. Just make sure you delete update data so they work correctly.
>>
>>26979272
I was. Jesus, what the hell, Meme Sapphire? Is it at least a fun challenge? Good taste, Wattson.

And neat. Luckily I only have vanilla OR and X - I don't have to delete anything if I hook myself up with Y or Meme Sapphire, then?

Also look at those encounter tables for later-game EXWY! Horde battles against the three genies or cover trilogies. Yikes.
>>
>>26979300
Yeah you should be good if you're playing the versions you don't have. I'm pretty sure the crazy levels come from (I think) Star Sapphire since Meme is just Star and Sinking Sapphire mashed together. My biggest complaint with it so far is lack of documentation specifically for it. It leads to a lot of confusion about which stuff is from which hack. Like my old roommate insisting he needed a Steelix to fight Wattson's Ampharos but not knowing where to find a metal coat because the Star and Sinking have them in different places. Shit got confusing and he gave up.
>>
>>26979344
1) checked
2) Seems like I might go with the rebalanced version of EXWY or maybe just Star Sapphire. Sounds like a fun endeavor for one day, though.

Thanks for that pastebin, if you're indeed the one who linked it.
>>
>>26979498
I am . And if you ever need help or info on anything 3ds mod-related, /hbg/ in /vg/ is pretty helpful too.
>>
Is there any finished hack/fan game with nuzlocke include?
>>
What's the difference between Meme Sapphire and Star Sapphire?

And is it better than Sinking Sapphire?
>>
>>26980436
Meme Sapphire is just Star and Sinking put together. Read the pastebin that was posted to see what it got from each.
>>
>>26979843
Uranium has it, I think. It's an optionyou can choose upon starting a new game.
>>
>>26978992
So, as long as the moveset isn't totally illegal, it'll let you trade it?
>>
>>26934101
So, I've been working on just making a version of Emerald/Fire Red with the Physical/Special split, no trade evos, running anywhere, camel case 'mon names, and move affinity icons. Is there already a hack that does all of this for Emerald/Fire Red that I can just use as a base so I can move on to the custom sprites?
>>
File: Riding_Pokemon.png (259KB, 1146x480px) Image search: [Google]
Riding_Pokemon.png
259KB, 1146x480px
Working on a script to ride pokémon in the overworld.
>>
>>26979843
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282684

Also Maize isn't finished but it has one in its beta.
>>
File: Surfing.webm (2MB, 1152x480px) Image search: [Google]
Surfing.webm
2MB, 1152x480px
Yeah boi!
That took faster to script than I thought it would.
Now I have to do sprites for all surfers and divers as well as make parallel scripts for diving and riding on land.
>>
>>26984871
I have a mechanic in surf where you essentially run while holding the run button. That way you can surf at varied paces.
>>
>>26984871
I know people often ask you for plug n play scripts but have you given a thought to just releasing your own Essentials BW build? Kleins' is really unfinished, has plenty of issues, doesn't even let you reposition 2nd screen and requires a lot of tweaking when adding v16 based scripts to it.
>>
Are there any ORAS hacks with permanent Megas or something like that? Which would allow multiple Megas in a team
>>
Stupid question. How do I check to see if I have update data for a game that has a physical cart? How do I delete update data?

Additionally, how can I tell if I have enough room for a CIA + game?
>>
>>26984871
Why do you use the oak trees from BW1 instead of those from BW2 like everything else?
>>
>>26985587
Check System Settings to see if you have update data, you can delete it there as well.
>>
>>26985690
you mean the standalone trees in the center of the map?
I have tiles for them, but they don't look right to me. I'll try to improve them soon.
>>
>>26985587
System settings > 3DS > Downloadable Content
Your CIA installer of choice should tell you how much space is left on your sd card. Usually you need about double the size of the cia open in order to install. Don't forget to delete it afterward.
>>
>>26985069
I started with essentials bw, but I've done so may modifications, I don't think it's even compatible with it anymore.

I may release an engine later with some of the things everyone wants.
>>
>>26984871

So this is all preliminary work for your own fan game? Or just work on various scripts for essentials.

If it is for your own game, what is the general time frame you're looking at for completion?
>>
>>26985861
It's for my own game, Meta Mercury.
I expect to have a demo of sorts out this summer and a version one release next year.
>>
>>26937079
Seriously, why the fuck hasn't Gamefreak done this?
>>
>>26985786
>things everyone wants
You mean the mid-battle evolution, revamped HMs and rewritten following script? These are pretty baller. Anyways, I'm genuinely surprised that neither Klein nor anyone else included a functional following script in their builds. Or any other useful scripts posted on relic castle, for that matter.

If you actually decide to release that engine, do you plan on making it somewhat retard friendly and configurable? I mean like, most people who make these often include properly described settings script that lets people turn various features on and off as they see fit. Personally, I really like EliteBattle's option to resize the trainers and pokemon battle sprites.
>>
>>26968450
>>26968466
swalot evolve is just plain bad.

that dog normal/ice concept is great but it needs more details

that egyptian rock type cat is AWESOME

that water ghost fish is aweosome but it needs more pokemon features, its too much of a fish skeleton, it needs something else
>>
>>26986404
>You mean the mid-battle evolution, revamped HMs and rewritten following script?
Right.

I'll try to make it as user-friendly as possible, but as a developer, you have to know what you are editing in order to make it your own.
A proper entry-level understanding of Ruby will be necessary.
>>
>>26982761
Pls respond
>>
>>26968450
Some of the designs in here are pretty great, but most are mediocre at best, redundant evolutions, too many type changes, or not even close to resembling Pokemon.
>>
New way to make a fangame, lads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5DwPgYp6vk
>>
>>26987499
impressive and all, but jesus what an annoying video
>>
File: 38.png (29KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
38.png
29KB, 112x112px
>>26974202
I apologize if this seems like I'm bumping my post like this, I'm just quoting myself so it's clear I'm the same person because fuck tripcodes; do I overuse putting the "National Park/New Bark/Surf theme/etc." waveform as the main melody?

I was about to start another song and I was thinking that waveform would be fitting, but then I thought about how many times I've used it.

>Floaroma
>Littleroot
>part of Laverre
>Anville
>part of Unova Route 4
>route 101

I'm just asking if anyone who's listened to multiple covers of mine thinks it's being overused, like if anyone ever noticed "man, this dude really overplays this, all his songs sound the same." I found Route 101 really underwhelming now that I've listened to it in hindsight and I'm trying to evalutate myself to see how I can improve in general, if there are any repeated flaws I make when covering things.
>>
>>26988706
I think it sounds fine.
How many waveforms does GBC audio support?
>>
>>26988738
Well not all waveforms are shared across every game; I think vanilla Crystal has 10 waveforms. I'm using an altered engine that ports some extra waveforms like the ones from TCG and the Lavender Town waveform, but I've never used any of those since I like to try to keep things accurate to vanilla GSC. The majority of songs in vanilla GSC don't use the waveform for the main melody at all, generally sticking with a bassline and only using it as a main melody if they want that aforementioned "National Park/New Bark/Surf theme/etc." waveform or the harsher-sounding waveform used as the melody for Route 26 and the Gym theme. I've never actually used the latter as the main melody though just because I haven't done a song that would really benefit from it.
>>
>>26988906
Well, it seems like you know what you're doing, and every thing you've made sounds really good, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's still healthy to experiment like you've been doing though.
>>
>>26934101
How did you do the horizontal dualscreen?
>>
>>26990933
Had to script it myself, stretching the screen size horizontally and adding my own viewports to occupy the space
>>
>>26990965
Would you mind elaborating? If I change the screen size, my character is still centered, only I see more of the map. Is there a way to change this?
>>
>>26991142
I created a new global constant called "SECONDSCREENWIDTH"to hold my new window's width.
>DEFAULTSCREENWIDTH = "Your first screen's width value"+SECONDSCREENWIDTH

Then in "Sprite_Resizer", I replaced "@@width" with:
>@@width=DEFAULTSCREENWIDTH - SECONDSCREENWIDTH

I think that should do it.
>>
>>26991271
Awesome that worked thanks.

Is there any good resource for learning more about viewports?
>>
>>26991358
Lel, I guess just searching the code for how it's used or googling. Not a lot of places cover it.
To create one, just set it up like this:
>viewport=Viewport.new ([xoffset],[yoffset],[width],[height])

The parameters in brackets represent numerical values.
You can adjust them like bitmaps and sprites, with
.tone,
.x,
.y,
.etc
As prefixes
>>
>>26984871
Soaring is next
>>
>>26992082
How you gonna manage that, same way ranger did?
>>
File: 216C.png (6KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
216C.png
6KB, 512x256px
Which design should I use for Teddiursa, /heg/?
>>
>>26993263
Second is cute.
>>
>>26993423
I think they're both cute, which is why I'm conflicted, since I feel the top suits Teddiursa more.
>>
>>26993633
Use the top.
>>
>>26987139
Just use Essentials.
>>
>>26994099
I want to play it on the go, and I've already put in a ton of work, so unless someone else has already done the exact same project, I'm determined to finish.
>>
File: Mode 7 Screenshot.png (326KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mode 7 Screenshot.png
326KB, 640x480px
>>26992915
Actually yeah, similar to that.
I want to integrate a Mode7 into Essentials and have it activate while flying.
This is the kind of maps one can make with Mode7 scripts.
>>
>>26942295
Make Toxic miss more for non-poison types.
Remove HMs, have items that act as HM instead.
Make Perish Song sound type, no need to nerf it to ghost type as most Normal types will be immune to it.
Add a weakness to Electric.
>>
File: Effectiveness.jpg (48KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Effectiveness.jpg
48KB, 500x282px
>>26942295
Add the effectiveness info to the types during battles. You will be changing the type system after all.
>>
>>26994521
Get a tablet PC. They're portable and cheap.
>>
>>26996010
I'm modeling most of the interface after Gen 7, so that's most likely going to make it in.

>>26995967
I've already finalized the type chart, but I'm looking at changing Toxic's accuracy to base 60 or 70.
The way status moves work, all of them, except Thunder Wave, ignore type effectiveness.
I'm also changing shadow tag so that neither pokémon can switch.
Magnet Pull is the same if the other pokémon is holding a Magnet.
I already have an HM mechanic that does't require items either.
>>
>>26996106
I'll keep that in mind for when I have more disposable income. For right now, I'll stick to the PSP go.
>>
We're actually hitting bump limit now

N E W T H R E A D

>>26996970
>>26996970
>>26996970
>>
>>26982761
What's move affinity?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=346694

This seems to have everything but the split and possibly move affinity.

>>26996010
Kill yourself
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.