[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grubbin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

Could Grubbin be this generation's Wrumple?

So it's been confirmed that Grubbin evolves into Charjabug and then into Vikavolt. But somehow, I just don't feel like they are related at all, only having their jaws in common.

It might be possible that Grubbin will have a splitted evolution line, with another pokemon more similar to its color palette... maybe?

>Not denialfag, just thinking about possibilities
>>
File: wow.png (135KB, 974x284px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
135KB, 974x284px
>>26931865
>only having their jaws in common
>>
>>26931865
>>Not denialfag

coulda fooled me
>>
>>26931865
Fuck off OP. They already confirmed that Grubbin only evolves twice, and doesn't have split evos.
>>
>>26931865
Beetles look nothing like beetle grubs. Why should Grubbin's evos?
>>
File: 1457016630160.jpg (19KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1457016630160.jpg
19KB, 300x188px
>>26931883
>these random circles will prove my point
>>
>>26931922
still denying
>>
>>26931922
God damn you're retarded
>>
>>26931865
Damn these evos look so neat
Why did it have to become a green bus and a dark green edgemaster
>>
>>26931988
(You)
>>
File: 1467311309669.jpg (427KB, 1166x778px) Image search: [Google]
1467311309669.jpg
427KB, 1166x778px
>>26931865
Reminder that beetles don't cocoon, they pupate. And the green on Charja bug, not to mention the visible limbs and body structure, make it closer to an beetle pupa than the Spewpa knock off in OP. It's even fairly boxy.
>>
>>26931865
>trapinch
Get off my board
>>
>>26932002
Cocoon and pupas are the same thing dipshit.
>>
>>26933884
>"A cocoon is a casing spun of silk by many moth caterpillars, and numerous other holometabolous insect larvae as a protective covering for the pupa."
>The silky protective case spun by the larvae of some insects and moths in which they metamorphose, the pupa.
>an envelope often largely of silk which an insect larva forms about itself and in which it passes the pupa stage
Get bent. A cocoon is involved in many metamorphosing insects' pupal phase, but it's by no means universal. Many ant species have pupae both with cocoons and "naked" pupae depending on circumstances, sometimes even in the same nest. A cocoon is specifically when some sort of covering is made to cover the pupa itself. All cocoons are for pupae, but not all pupae have cocoons. I did fuck things up a bit by making it sound like cocooning isn't also when they pupate, so I apologize for that.

And that said, some beetles do appear to make cocoons. Not all though, and Stag beetles themselves don't seem too. They do seem to make a kind of "cell" out of the wood they hide in as pupa, but it's a space, not a covering. The pupa posted above was from a Golden Green Stag Beetle, which is not very Vikavolt like as an adult. The left is a "Cyclommatus mniszechi," which has got the horns but not the colors.

Anyway, OP's image is still shit, yadda yadda, there's a reason gamefreak doesn't listen to chucklefucks on the internet for design tips. Look at that thing: pointlessly keeping colors for no reason, even when most early complete metamorphosis bugs go through larger color changes, if not much more drastic form differences. Not that that final rhinocerous form isn't a fucking tragedy of a bug-type. Charjabug and Vikavolt are great. Looking at the OP again, it even changes Grubbin's own design, turning it into some grinning thing with a kissy face instead of a jagged, vertical mouth and fucking up the mandibles. Denialfags and haters can go increase the salinity of their nearest body of water.
>>
File: DSC_0346.jpg~original.jpg (104KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0346.jpg~original.jpg
104KB, 800x600px
>>26934188
And then, in my rage, I forgot the image. Oh well.
>>
>>26931950
your name is horrible but I agree with you
>>
File: Stop.jpg (32KB, 603x452px) Image search: [Google]
Stop.jpg
32KB, 603x452px
>>26931865

Holy fuck, what is it about Generation VII that is bringing people like you out of the woodwork?

>Gen 6.5
>Roothoot
>Only one island!
>Well where is your proof that Grubbin evolves into Charjabug?
>>
>>26931865
Reminder that we could have gotten a badass coconut crab instead of a shitty beetle.
>>
If there were a split evolution for it you can bet your ass they'd be battering you over the head with it. There would be no reason to hide it or withhold the information. They love spoiling or touting shit like that. You are in denial.
>>
>>26931865
>I just don't feel like they are related at all, only having their jaws in common.
too bad for you
>>
>>26934248
We could still easily be getting a coconut crab.

I have a feeling that Alola will have a lot more new Pokemon than Kalos did.
>>
>>26934248
Fuck you, Gradius bettle is fucking awesome.
>>
>>26931865
thats how beetle larva work dude
>>
>>26931865
It's better than what I made
>>
>>26934931
>>
>>26934227
It's like there's a specific group of actual retards and every month they choose a new thing to post about. Can't wait to see what the next one is.
>>
>>26934188
I love it when a shitpost turns into an educational lesson.
>>
>>26934931
>>26934962
Those designs are cool as shit. You're insane.
>>
>>26934188
Damn, why the rant tho.

The image is not mine, just used to reflect the idea of another evolution line Grubbin could have.

I do like Vikavolt, I never said anything bad about it or that it was awful. It's probably my favorite design for a bug pokemon so far and I have nothing against it or against it being Grubbin's evolution.

Its just that in most cases, pokemon designs do tend to be a little cohesive as they evolve, usually by color patterns. But in this case it wasn't like that al all, every evolution stage looks very different from each other (sure, they have similarities, but they are very subtle). Just wanted to bring a split evolutionary line as a topic, I wasn't thrashing Charjabolt or Vikavolt.

Damn, people here are really sensitive.
>>
>>26931865
Fuck off and accept the truth.

Goalposting is still denial. Either way, you're still a fag.
>>
>>26935411
People have been whining about Vikavolt since it was revealed and others are getting tired of it. Also, Grubbin was confirmed to only have two evolutions.
>>
File: 1363988238379.jpg (48KB, 562x437px) Image search: [Google]
1363988238379.jpg
48KB, 562x437px
>>26931922
An 8-year-old could understand that picture
>>
>>26931865
You're a fucking idiot. A lot of invertebrates, specially insects, don't share the same colors or even some charactersistics outside the main ones like leg number or jaws. Just look at some moths, beetles, flys, and you will notie how the larvae has not a lot in common with the adult, metamorphosed form.
More importantly, you're literally forgetting how Caterpie or Wrumple don't look like Butterfree or Dustox
>>
>>26934188
Educate ha
>>
>>26937054
And don't forget how little Tyranitar looks like Larvitar after pupating.
>>
>>26931865
>Could Grubbin be this generation's Wrumple?
It is, but Wurmple was generation 3's two early bug types put together as one.

If anything,
>Butterfree / Beedrill
>Ledian/ Ariados
>Beautifly / Dustox
>Wormadam/Mothim / Vespiquen
>Leavanny / Scolipede
>Vivillon / the other was presumably wiped out in the Kalos War
>Vikavolt / ???

The other early route bug is probably going to be Cutiefly.
>>
>>26931865
>that caccoon like middle evo

Bro do you even pupate? This is a beetle not a moth/butterfly. Take your faggot ass caccoons elsewhere.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.