[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where were you when it was confirmed terrains were the new meta?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: ZQ7fttS.png (201KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ZQ7fttS.png
201KB, 500x500px
where were you when it was confirmed terrains were the new meta?
>>
>>26919819
One of the new mons will have an auto-Trick Room ability. I can feel it.
>>
>>26919819
That's means that the other three legendaries will have grassy, fairy and some other terrain ability
>>
>>26919819
I wanted to use terrains in 6th gen but they are not worth the trouble currently. I hope they get buffed and maybe add some abilities that set terrains on entry.
>>
>>26919884

What new terrain type would be the most potentially meta-breaking?
>>
Electric terrain:

>prevents sleep for grounded pokemon
>increases the power of electric type moves
>changes nature power to thunderbolt

Grassy terrain:

>restores hp of grounded pokemon
>increases damage of grass moves
>halves the damage of earthquake, magnitude and bulldoze
>nature power becomes energy ball
>activates gogoat's signature ability which is increasing its defense by 50%

Misty terrain:

>prevents status conditions for grounded pokemon
>halves the damage from dragon type moves
>nature power becomes moonblast
>>
>>26920121
These seem really good. Why aren't they used? Is their distribution that shit?
>>
File: 1466135793930.jpg (33KB, 793x620px) Image search: [Google]
1466135793930.jpg
33KB, 793x620px
>>26919967
>trick room
>>
>>26920132
Because the moves are garbage and the status aren't worth it.

Its like asking why people don't use Hail (move) or Sandstorm. Or why people use Knock-off instead of Wonder Room or Embargo.
>>
>>26920132
Takes up a moveslot and a turn to use, same problem weather before gen 5 had, or Sunny Day/Rain Dance at least.
Abilities that activate it automatically will fix this.
>>
>>26920157
We don't have to now, but people did use Sunny Day/Rain Dance/etc. before we had widely available auto abilities, right?
>>
>>26920132
They have terrible distribution, there's no item to increase their duration, and they aren't as good as you think they are.
>>
File: 1225147382597.jpg (342KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
1225147382597.jpg
342KB, 600x840px
>They add Suzaku Terrain
>>
>>26920166
Yes, but they only did so because of Chlorophyll, Swift Swim and Sand Rush, three INCREDIBLY good abilities. Terrains don't have that.
>>
>>26920121
>Electric terrain:
>prevents sleep for grounded pokemon
>double battle
>send out Tapu Koko
>pair it up with the koala
>koala is completely immune to all major statuses
>>
>>26920166
Only when they introduced the stones that extended their duration (gen4). Before that they weren't ever used, at least not competitively.
>>
>>26920183
>They arent' as good as you think they are
Grassy and Electric are literally just weather, Grass one has even more benefits to make up for boosting grass not being that great, and Misty Terrain outright prevents status effects even if it doesn't boost anything
>>
>>26920132
They don't do enough to warrant building a team around, compared to things like weather and Trick Room which allow crazy speed+power and are easily accessible with TMs
>>
>>26920166
Yeah, they were used. But not for the perks of Sun/Rain. Nobody gave a shit about instant Solarbeams or 100% Thunders that much. They were only used in tandem with Swift Swim/Chlorophyll.

The only ability we have that interacts with Terrain so far is Grass Pelt and its garbage. Auto-terrain abilities will be good, especially to counter shite like Dark Void and Resto Berry sets. And with this Yellow TerRain (Electric Terrain + Rain) could finally become a fun gimmicky thing.
>>
>>26920220
It prevents status for grounded pokemon, meaning those moves are useless for a large portion of pokemon.
>>
>>26920220
They don't have enough mons that can abuse them. If they had a Swift Swim/Hydration/Sand Force ability equivalent I might agree, but right now they're nothing but a gimmick, Gogoat has Grass Pelt, sure, but even that's really underwhelming.
>>
>>26920220
>contrary serperior on grass terrain
>>
>>26920243
Fair enough though I didn't think of the speed boosting abilities weather has, those are huge. Maybe we'll get equivalents for terrain. It honestly makes more sense than it did for weather.
>>
>>26919872
Drawback: it has 80 speed
>>
>>26920308
Just give it an Iron Ball/Macho Brace
>>
>Misty, Grassy, and Electric terrains have auto setting abilities
>Misty Terrain becomes the new heal bell, completely blocking status effects before they can happen
>Scald, will-o-wisp, thunder wave, and toxic stall can fuck off
>Nature Power Moonblast becomes a thing
>Grassy Terrain becomes usable and Serperior wallbreaks everything.
>Heatran has a reliable grass option with Nature Power Energy Ball
>Stall has double recovery
>Electric Terrain Volt switch becomes popular
>Rest becomes more popular to abuse with electric terrain being so easy to set up afterwords.
>Nature Power Thunderbolt
Terrains become so much more useful with auto set abilities. I hope they add a couple of new terrains.
>>
>>26920671
I would be really surprised if A) there aren't 4 deities and B) there isnt one new terrain so they all have matching abilities.
>>
>>26920132

They're just not that great anon
>>
>>26922032
I mean, weathers actually do less than all the terrains inherently. But the terrains don't have good abilities abusing them yet.
>>
>>26920308
That's plenty slow enough to fuck with offensive teams. Hell, base 100 is slow now.
>>
>>26920702
Betting the fourth will be the version's box legend and they won't have a terrain tied to them.
>>
>>26922032
>>26922070
Electric terrain is really good since you can volt turn abuse with it. The draw back is wasting a turn to use the move destroys muhmentum. With an auto-ability it has great synergy.
>>
>>26922111
>Volt Switch Tapu Koko

Top kek, my dick can only get so erect.
>>
File: 6794867456.png (27KB, 116x126px) Image search: [Google]
6794867456.png
27KB, 116x126px
>>26922132
>Smogon bans it to ubers coz it beats stall
mfw
>>
>>26919941
>I hope the thing that is already confirmed to be happening happens
>>
Every terrain move is pretty much useless to my team, as my mains are always airborne.
>>
>>26922132
The weather starters would kill for uturn or volt switch
>>
>yfw Grass Pelt was only the beginning

If Terrains get Clorophyll like abilities they will seriously define a new meta.
>>
>>26922310
So every one of your mons are flying type, levitators, or holding an air balloon? Why do you hate ground types?
>>
>>26922394
Only the biggest parts of my team are off the ground.

Aren't the only Pokemon affected by it on the ground in their idle animations?
Like say, Ampharos would be affected but Magnezone wouldn't?
Isn't that how it works?
>>
>>26922310
>mains
This isn't a fighting game
>>
>>26922431
flying types, pokemon with levivate, or pokemon with air balloon are the only things considered "off the ground". Floating idle animation is not counted.
>>
>>26922495
Oh, that's sweet. But the cores of my team are flying-type anyway. Looks like I found a new use for Roost.
>>
>>26922390
Yeah, if they actually last that long.

Weathers in general struggle to leave a mark since they have limited turns, and weather setters are forced to run retarded extension items to prolong it.

Can't see terrains making TOO much impact whether or not they get extended somehow.
>>
Any bets on new terrains? What types.

>Icy terrain
>Rocky/Craggy terrain
>Spider/Web terrain
>Polluted terrain
>Sandy terrain
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.