[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am so sick of pikaclones.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (5KB, 141x141px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 141x141px
I am so sick of pikaclones.
>>
>>26918704
are you also sick of grass/water/fire starter trio?
>>
>>26918715
Yes
>>
>>26918715
>>26918715
OP here; no, I'm just sick of having a kawaii-desu-ne rodent in every single gen. Give me more Pokemon that look cool.
>>
>>26918765
I'm sick of whoa-cool hyper masculine Pokemon every gen. Replace them all with fat, cute, pink Pokemon and I'll be happy.

It's almost as though they know that fans have different tastes and that our relatively narrow ideas of how Pokemon should look shouldn't dictate the entire franchise. So weird.
>>
>>26918809
The thing is that the pikaclones have very little variety between them. Have you seen Pikachu then you have seen them all.
>>
>>26918704
This x1000. I get that the resident pikaclone exists to show off whatever new feature got added to the game so there's no need for a new stone-evolution-pikaclone, but for fuck's sake do they all need to be as pig disgusting as Dedenne and Togedemaru?

At least give the thing the decency of an evolution and not another glued on Pikachu face.
>>
>>26918765
Wow it's almost like the idea of what Pokemon look cool is subjective or something

Retard
>>
>>26918831
I totally disagree with this statement.
>>
>>26918765
I'm sick of 12 year olds.
>>
>>26918832
Aside from Plusle, Minun and Dedenne they are pretty shit at showing off new features.
Like Pachirisu, what is it supposed to showcase, Amity Square? If so it did a horrible job. I have no idea for Emolga at all.

Pikaclones main purpose is to suck Pikachu's dick and there's no getting past that.
>>
Togechu is cute! C U T E!
>>
Every eletric rodent so far represents a new feature of the generation, except maybe Emolga.
Togedemaru would be what kind of feature?
>>
>>26918874
They are all small stubby Electric type rodents with round cheeks.
Unless you count Marill as a clone, they haven't really done anything original or very creative with the concept and instead of having much character on their own they mostly just remind people that Pikachu exists.
>>
>>26918809
No op, but im not sick of cute pokemon, just pikablobs. They can make cute without cloning pikachu over and over again. Example, cutifly
>>
>>26918923
Yeah, I can't figure out what Emolga was supposed to demonstrate. The only thing I can come up with is that the four moves associated with it the most were new that gen: Electro Ball, Wild Charge, Volt Switch, and Acrobatics.
>>
>>26918809
See >>26918831

The only one that stands out from the crowd is Pachirisu. And then, to avoid making more redundant electric mice, they made a "flying" squirrel.

You know what would make good pikaclones? Hyraxes? Capybaras? An Electric/Poison slow loris?

But nope. Here's another obese Pikachu.

>>26918905
Well, get ready to get angry then.
>Like Pachirisu, what is it supposed to showcase, Amity Square?
Gender differences
>I have no idea for Emolga at all.
Shaking patches/

>>26918923
>>26918972
See above.

I have no idea what Togedemaru's for though.
>>
You do realize the "PikaClones" are their to help introduce something new from the games right?
They will never get rid of them.

Gen1. Pokémon is all about evolving.
Pikachu can evolve into Raichu.

Gen2. Pokémon can now breed and "baby Pokémon" are now a thing.
Pikachu/Raichu can be bred to create a Pichu.

Gen3. Double battles are introduced.
Plusle and Minun are created, the abilities they have aid eachother in battle.

Gen4. Pokémon now look different depending on what gender they are.
The female Pachirisu has a shorter head stripe than a male Pachirisu.

Gen5. Hidden Abilities are now a thing.
Emolga's standard ability is Static, however it has the Hidden Ability "Motor Drive".

Gen6. Fairy Type is introduced.
Dedene is part Electric, part Fairy.

Whatever gimmics they introduce in Gen7 I can guarantee that little hedgehog will have something to do with it.
4-way battles are a thing, maybe it'll have something to do with that.
>>
>>26918972
Sky battles.
The new Pikaclone is Togepi and Pikachu Fusion
>>
>>26918923
>>26918972
Range in triple battles with Acrobatics
>>
>>26919018
Oh, shit, 5th gen sky battles, move the fuck over!
>>
>>26918923
>>26918972
This is not true. What feature did Pachirisu demonstrate? Dedenne is a fairy type, but it was not the representative fairy type of the region, nor can it mega evolve.

I wonder why Pikaclones continue to crop up with every gen. They seem to be the "feature" that nobody asked for and that no one would miss. Pikachu is already the mascot; why detract from it by creating pseudo clones?
>>
>>26919051
They continue to crop up because a lot of people like them. Please try to understand that other people have different tastes than you.
>>
>>26918832
>At least give the thing the decency of an evolution and not another glued on Pikachu face.
Evolution was Pikachu's gimmick
>>
>>26919012
Your fantheory is utter nonsense.

Pikachu would be the last pokemon to showcase evolution. It is the pokemon best known for not evolving. The fact that it can evolve does not mean that it represents evolution.

>The fact that it can ____ does not mean that it represents _____

is a statement that can be put to any of your claims, except gen 3. Pachirisu has gender differences, just like hundreds of other pokemon in gen 4. It is not a prominent difference, however, and was not advertised when Pachirisu was revealed. Emolga has a hidden ability, just like 99% of all pokemon do. It does not "show off" hidden abilities any more than any other pokemon. I'll give you Dedenne as a fairy type, but the generation pushed Sylveon and Flabebe as the representatives.

I think at most, it's just a lucky charm that GF likes to include. Think of it as a fan service of sorts.
>>
>>26919133
E'yup. A bit disappointing, isn't it?
>>
>>26919123
I understand that people like them, however what always confused me was the decision to start the trend after Pichu, which made sense as a prevolution. If pikaclones had never existed in gen 3 onwards, nobody would have asked for them or felt something missing. Do you know what I mean?
>>
Pikachu and his clones print too much money for them to stop.
>>
This is my favorite one
>>
>I will! Thank you, father!
What did he mean by this?
>>
I have always loved pikaclones pachi and emolga are the best ones though
>>
Their purpose is marketing and merchandising. They're never going away for that reason. If you don't like them, that's okay, there are hundreds of other Pokemon to choose from instead.
>>
>>26918704
There are no pikaclones.

Pikachu mouse Pokémon.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.