[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So with the 20th aniversery of pokemon release; I got really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: image.gif (489KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
489KB, 250x250px
So with the 20th aniversery of pokemon release; I got really excited and bought pokemon yellow. I replayed it ten times and then busted out my old copy of crystal and red and played that like 10 times too. Anyway I was so excited about pokemon again that I bought ORAS and X and tried playing those games but I just cant bring myself to care. Why are these games such shit compred to the first two games? I even got diamond and Black from my niece and I just cant stand the game. What happened?
>>
>>26899713
>he doesnt think X and Y was the pinnacle of Pokemon experience

Nostalgiafags deserve extinction
>>
>>26899729
>nostalgia

not an argument
>>
>>26899713
>compared to the old games
X and Y are shit compared to all games, don't get self righteous about it.
>>
>>26899729
I love the 3D models and animations too, but XY were really subpar compared to the other games.
>>
>>26899751
I played black and diamond too which you autists seem to love and I still hated it
>>
>>26899765
Well the simple answer here is that you have no taste and just want more of the same thing.
>>
>>26899765
We don't love Diamond and Pearl, you should play Platinum or HGSS. They might not seem like a huge step up but seriously give one a go, it'd worth your time since you're fine replaying Yellow 10 times.

Same with Black, B2W2 are personally my favorite of the entire franchise - but yes many people do still like BW and it's a shame you couldn't like them.

I haven't played X and Y and I don't plan to, but I completely agree with the feel of ORAS. It's just not right, but don't go hating Generation 4 and 5 because they're closer to 6.
>>
>>26899765
no one likes diamond or pearl
Platinum is where it's at
>>
>>26899789
>>26899788

literally the same fucking game
stop being autistic
>>
>>26899800
Okay m8, I think Pokemon might be too much of a big boy game for you, maybe try again next year.
>>
>>26899800
If you're not going to take advice, why did you make this thread?
>>
>>26899863
Why do you think?
>>
>>26899713
>playing diamond
>not playing platinum
>not playing heartgold/soulsilver
>not playing any gen 2 games

kek
>>
>>26899800
>>26899713

samefag spotted
>>
>>26899713
Literally a blog
>>
>>26899915
>playing a glorified remake when i already played the orginal
>>
>>26899713
I've had a similar experience, OP. I've still got OR to play through (already finished AS) and I'm not far through it. I've been playing a bit of it recently but it's tedious and boring, even though I loved playing Sapphire and Emerald years ago. I felt the same way with AS. Y was... okay.

But then I got Yellow on Virtual Console and I'm loving it. Sure, there are a lot of problems with those older games, but it makes me think - Fire Red and Leaf Green with slightly more modern mechanics might actually be the perfect Pokemon games, and this is coming from someone who still favours Crystal and DPPt above most other games.

Though that being said, I went back to play all the Gen 5 games after XY, and I liked those way more than XY too. I feel like they're just getting easier and less enjoyable over time. Gen 6 kinda feels like bloatware, in that they put a lot of stuff into it but none of it feels exciting nor interesting.

>>26899915
>not playing any gen 2 games
OP literally said they played Crystal, you fucking autistic fuckwit.
>>
>>26899713
Those games had a charm to it that newer games in the franchise cant live up to. Try heart gold perhaps. Its pretty comfy.
>>
>>26900550
No they didn't. They look like shit, are slow as hell, badly designed and become boring after the first time you play them. At least that's how I feel about Gen 1 and 2, it's all nostalgia in my opinion.
>>
>>26899800
nah, platinum has a bunch of thing different compared to diamond/pearl, first you can find better mons, next you can get better evolutions for them earlier and finally the teams you battle (be it gym leaders, evil boss fights, elite four, etc) are harder and more interesting. you also get better move tutors but it's not like a guy who plays yellow 10 times would know
>>
>>26899800
rse are my most beloved gens, and from oras I never got the feeling I have with rse. I like fire red 100x more than the og version. And HG/SS is for me a nice equivalent. The only reason I hate replaying all this games is limited use of tms.
>>
>>26899765
Black is controversial and Diamond is widely agreed to be shit.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.