[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason to get the original Black/White games if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: anime question girl.jpg (50KB, 736x724px) Image search: [Google]
anime question girl.jpg
50KB, 736x724px
Is there any reason to get the original Black/White games if you already have Black or White 2? Or are they to BW2 like R/S and D/P are to Emerald/Platinum?
>>
They are certainly more different. If you can get it for 15 moneys then go ahead. It's a different story'n such.
>>
B/W 1 you are locked into gen 5 pokemon only, not the worst, but had it's problems. It is good, but B/W 2 made it overall a better game. Still would recommend. Do wish original characters from b/w 1 was related to the b/w 2 main character.
>>
>>26895175
Depends if you care about plot. Mechanics-wise they're the same, but they're two very different stories built on the same engine and set in the same region
>>
>>26895175
BW2 is much better if you play BW first. The wider variety of pokemon means more, the plot actually makes sense, and BW makes you use pokemon you otherwise wouldn't. Both are worth playing.
>>
i got black2 first (was cheaper than bw1)
but i was kinda annoyed by some story points

like that one dude "my sisters purrloin" this, that, bla bla

what the hell happend???
sure, later it was answered with 'flashbacks'
but what actually happened - had to play bw1
>>
>>26895175
Yes
>>
>>26895175
I'd suggest getting one of them. They're substantially different, at least story-wise. Different cities, different Pokémon, a lot of differences... Plus, the sequels make very little sense if you don't play the first.
>>
>>26895684
>i played the direct sequel first and didn't understand it
whoa
>>
>>26895175
Black and White 2 aren't like Platinum and Emerald; they are actual sequels.
>>
>>26895175
Only for the convention-breaking plot.
>>
>>26895278
Only until post-game, and if you aren't familiar with them, it's quite challenging and enjoyable.

>>26898089
This sums it up in a nutshell.
Make sure you get the sequel to the game you own so that the story makes even more sense (unless you don't care). So, Black and Black 2 or White and White 2. I played Black then White 2 because those were the only ones I could get ahold of at the time, but it's a bit confusing because there are a few things that are different, such as the legendaries.
>>
>>26895175
BW has that isolation factor; you can only catch unova pokes untill you beat E4, which is nice. The story is completely different, as BW2 is a sequel, so its not like a 3rd game in any way really, quite unique
>>
>>26895684
What are you, retarded?
>>
>>26895175
Nope, BW2 mostly fixed the mistake that was BW1
>>
>>26900629
>Nope
What are you, gay?
There are plenty of reasons to play the originals, especially for the story and world-building.
>>
>>26895175
Black and White just feels a lot more refreshing than the other games because it's all new pokemon until you reach the post game, unlike the other games where you're given older pokemon from the get go.
Also Ghetsis is one of the harder trainers in the series.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.