[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To those still complaining about Lunala's typing...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

It's not dark type because dark type is evil type in Japan. Lunala is not evil, it's just night themed.

Solgaleo I'm still not sure about, other than it might be based on pre scientific religions that didn't think of the sun as fire. Or alchemy.
>>
He is steel because the sun creates metals through nuclear fusion. There actually isn't any real fire on the sun.
>B-But anon, the sun is hot and hot means fire type!

Solrock ain't fire type but it still represent to the sun, I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>26891392
Why is Umbreon evil then?
>>
>>26892887
Its Japanese name is Blaki as in Black
>>
>>26892919
Black is not necessarily evil.
>>
>>26891392
I'm not complaining about Lunala's typing but Umbreon is a non-evil moon themed pokemon that's dark type.

I honestly want more "sacred darkness" type pokemon.
>>
>>26892937
Tell that to /pol/
>>
File: aku phone.jpg (16KB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
aku phone.jpg
16KB, 300x223px
It sure would be nice if we had a translator to explain all of the nuances of Aku type that can't conveyed by slapping Evil on it like Bulbapedo.
>>
>>26892985
How would calling it chaos type make you feel?
>>
>>26892971
You mean Japan?
>>
File: 250px-192Sunflora.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-192Sunflora.png
50KB, 250x250px
Why is the Sun Pokemon weak to fire?
>>
>>26892887
It stalks and attacks stealthily, and generally resorts to underhanded tactics like ambushes and sweating poison.
>>
>>26893498
And Absol?
>>
I love how everyone sees Solgaleo and Lunala as "Literally the sun and moon so their types should be what I associate with the Sun and Moon" without even factoring in their actual designs

Lunala is a fucking Skeleton but people are still asking "Why is it a ghost type? The moon isnt ghosts"
>>
>>26892887
Well "Dark/Evil-type" just means that the Pokemon plays dirty or unfairly which is why plenty of Dark-type Pokemon use moves like Sand Attack, Nasty Plot, etc. This is also why Dark is weak to Fighting because Dark-types are basically villains with Fighting-types being heroes.
>>
>>26893665
It's seen as a Pokemon that causes natural disasters and catastrophe as well as being a Pokemon associated with bad luck.
>>
File: nigra makes a revelation.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
nigra makes a revelation.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>26892919
>>
>>26893665
Absol, Darkrai, and Yveltal are the exceptions, as they don't do underhanded things (Absol is benevolent, Darkrai is timid and lonely, and Yveltal is just keeping the ecosystem running), but are seen as evil by society.
>>
>>26892971
Animals can't be evil.
>>
>>26893825
If perception mattered in terms of types, then there's a lot of things that aren't what they should be. It would have to be proven to cause those things rather than be assumed to cause them.
>>
>>26891392
People are having more fits about
>m-muh forex weaknesses
Than how Ghost relates to Lunala

>>26892971
Heh
>>
File: Ghost and Dark moves.png (215KB, 2868x1348px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost and Dark moves.png
215KB, 2868x1348px
>>26893840

Yeah, pretty much

For the most part, Dark-type Pokemon are just Pokemon who don't play fair, or will do whatever it takes to win, hence why they have the disadvantage against Fighting-types.

With the exception of Dark Void, all of the moves related to actual darkness/shadows are Ghost-type.
>>
>>26893840
And if Bulbasaur were to all of a sudden be seen as little more than a monstrous beast, would it also be Dark type? I can label EVERYTHING a Dark type by those standards.
>>
File: 1418507582967.jpg (15KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
1418507582967.jpg
15KB, 185x185px
Fuck I hate people who whine about Solgaleo's typing. It's not a literal sun Pokemon like some people seem to think, so why would it be Fire-type? Honestly, the alchemy concept behind it is really cool. I didn't know about the "lion that devours the sun" thing before /vp/ started discussing it, and now I like Solgaleo even more than before.

>b-but le kids think sun = fire
Fuck off. You're the kind of people who think Game Freak shouldn't do anything subtle or anything different, shouldn't put any lesser known concepts or references in their games or just generally shouldn't do anything with the older audience in mind. You're probably also the same people who think Stunfisk, Hippowdon and Malamar should all be Water-type because they're (semi)aquatic animals and Game Freak should always go for the most obvious typing. I'd dare to say that you're also the same people who have missed the whole solid/liquid/gas motif going on with the Gen IV legendaries and thus whine about Palkia being Water-type because "le water doesn't have anything to do with space, Palkia should be Dragon/Psychic".

Also, we already have a Pokemon that is closer to sun than Solgaleo (Solrock) and even that isn't Fire-type.
>>
>>26891392
I was more surprised that it's not a fairy than anything else, with how the fairy type was associated with the moon. not that I particularly mind that it isn't.
>>
>>26893911
Solgaleo might've got its typing from the fact that one a star creates iron the star implodes in on itself.
>>
>>26893860
>Than how Ghost relates to Lunala
Well if we're going off the idea of the two being based around alchemical symbolism then it is possible that Lunala is based around the symbolism of birds in general (apparently bats were classified as birds in medieval times) to which birds symbolize the souls journey to the afterlife, hence the Ghost-typing.
>>
>>26891392
But aren't the Fire and Electric types the types that feature energy and plasma the most? Also, would Fairy/Ghost be a better type for Lunala?
>>
>>26891392
So then why is Absol Dark type?
>>
>>26892870
Shut up faggot, the reason Solgaleo is Steel type is because it's an alchemic reference. But when alchemy was still relevant, people thought the Sun was actually made of 100% pure metal. THAT'S why Solgaleo is Steel type.
>>
>>26894207
Where'd you find that?
>>
>>26891392

>Moon
>Not Evil

Wolfman plz go
>>
>>26893441
Infinitely better name. Explains Absol and tricksters like Darkrai in a single word and breath
>>
Solgaleo is steel bc it's a fuckin astronaut !
>>
>>26893725
Bones are ground type, let's make Lunala ground type instead
>>
>>26893911
The only reason people complained is because steel/psychic is a shit type.
>>
>>26894543
What?
>>
>>26894207
What are you talking about
>>
>>26899276
No he's right, I remember multiple threads succinctly expressing that being the Sun emissary was at odds with being a Steel type

>>26893911
I can almost guarantee that most of the confusion is being caused by the Fire-type's relationship to the sun in Pokemon
>>
>>26892870

Slugma, macargo, magby, magmar etc are not based on combustion and are fire types, lava is not oxygen. So yes, fire pokemon are primarily based on heat energy from all reactions. There's literally a move called lava plume and THAT is fire type. So if someone is confused as to why Solgaleo is not a fire type because it's supposed to be a "reference" to the sun is completely fair.

The reason Solgaleo is steel because of its alchemical reference which is 100% proven correct by its own lore. You are right however, that a sun-themed pokemon does not have to be fire. So the reference to the sun is indirect and more metaphorical. Solgleo being steel has pretty much nothing to do with nuclear fusion or what the sun is made of. If you want to know how it relates to alchemy, go use google.

I do get annoyed when people are like "b-but m--muh sun is fire", but you're also wrong.
>>
I'm willing to bet Solgaleo and Lunala's phases change their typing.
>>
File: xerneas_v_3_by_xous54-d6t4taa.png (385KB, 871x916px) Image search: [Google]
xerneas_v_3_by_xous54-d6t4taa.png
385KB, 871x916px
>>26899681
how much are you willing to be fuckboy
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.