[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Pokemon fanbase so fucking autistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (39KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 412x430px
Why is the Pokemon fanbase so fucking autistic?
>>
Actually, 4chan attracts autists like flame attracts mothim-normal fans dont exist here. You'll find nothing but autism, furfaggotry and animefags on this board, newfag.
>>
>>26890445
did doduo chop off one of his heads?
>>
>>26890445
I don't know. It's a bit distressing, haha
>>
What did you expect from a fanbase of a children's game that consists of mostly 18-24 year olds?
>>
File: best girl.jpg (45KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
45KB, 599x449px
>>26890445
Where do you think you are, mobilefag?
>>
Because most of us are unsociable manchildren obsessed with a kids game and care more about it than we do our real lives.
Then outside of /vp/ there are other manchildren who are less obsessed or retarded teenagers on the internet obsessed with the latest, dankest memes, being an edgelord, being a nostalgiafag or being a complete apologist.
Then there are other people who are autistic in other ways such as people obsessing over the anime or manga, people obsessing over the characters, how hot they are and how they would bang their waifu if she was real, shippingfags, furfags, etc.
Honestly Pokemon is a breeding ground for autism, it was fated to be this way from the beginning. Just be happy it's not as bad as some other fanbases can get. The worst we get is some shitter like Tamashii or Verlisify and the only person worse than those two is dead.
At least we don't have a Christ-chan equivalent macing people in gamestop because Pikachu is too skinny now.
>>
>Video games
>Children's games
>Japanese
>Handheld-centric
>Uses Japanese nomenclature
>Has various forms of media and merchandise
>Nintendo franchise
>Not much in the form of lore/story, very open to interpretation and 'create-your-own' forms of entertainment

It literally hits every single autism-hotspot. You can consider it on par with Sonic the Hedgehog, My Little Pony or Kingdom Hearts.

In fact the Pokemon fanbase is slightly tamer than one would expect considering how much potential cancer it contains.
>>
>>26890594
You forgot
>never ending animated adaption with weak ship-bait that will never ever be acted on
>furry
>>
>>26890574
What about normal people who just like Pokemon
>>
File: images-8.jpg (7KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
images-8.jpg
7KB, 228x221px
>>26890677
They exist, but you're not one of them.
>>
>>26890530
y-yeah, right... haha...
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 228x221px
>>26890721
Yes I am
>>
>>26890738
Dumb frogposter...
>>
>>26890594
>Not much in the form of lore/story, very open to interpretation and 'create-your-own' forms of entertainment
THIS right here is then number-one biggest autism magnet.
Autismos loves wanking all over fan theories, shipping and fanfiction. The best thing that GF can do is never confirm/deny any of it so that the autism wheel keeps spinning.
>>
Pokemon was created by someone with autism to appeal to their own childhood fantasies, that's why.

/vp/ is deluded as shit.
>>
>>26890445
the sane ones quit after gen 3.
>>
>>26890767
I started at Gen 4. Am I insane?
>>
>>26890753
>Pokemon was created by someone with autism to appeal to their own childhood fantasies
so was harvest moon, fag
children game became popular because it was made as a children game
became captivating because it came from the heart
years later, people who ware caught as kids are still ensnared by it.
you are just jelous because your candy crash clone don't sell.
>>
Well, this board draws a lot of traffic from tourists from gamefaqs, tumblr, serebii, etc, ESPECIALLY now that SuMo is right around the corner. Unlike other boards on 4chan, most of the posters actually ARE either women, children, or genuinely retarded.
>>
>>26890927
>SuMO

You're the fucking cross siter you fucking reddit tard
>>
>>26890897

I have absolutely no fucking idea what you're on about. I'm just saying, no shit the game appeals to people on the autism spectrum, it was made by one. I'm not bashing pokemon, I love it and probably always will, but 4chan is a cesspool, that's all.
>>
>SOCIETY IS OPPRESSIVE! SHUN SHUN SHUN! BULLY BULLY BULLY! HATE HATE HATE!

Let it out. Let it all out.
>>
>>26891246
autist is all the hip and buzz. in my days, autists was a whitewash for retards; those days anything not according to normalfag standards is labaled autist. thats because all the previous words aren't demeaning enough anymore. and soon, neither 'autist' will be.
>>
>>26890530
Fuck off back to /inj/ Sara
>>
>>26890927
>ESPECIALLY now that SuMo
I see you didnt mention plebbit.
Might there be a particular reason? Perhaps you could link me to your SuMo-dedicated usersub you filthy ledditfaggot.

Die in a fire and go back to the shithole you crawled out of
>>
>>26891434
o_O
>>
Because Satoshi Tajiri probably has Asperger Syndrome.
>>
>>26890594

>Not much in the form of lore/story

actually it does and thats what keeps me here,
>>
>>26891529
If you honestly believe this then you are one of those prime autists that OP is talking about.
>>
>>26890927
You have to be an adult to post here. Kindly move to a more edgy-teens friendly site, like deviantart.
>>
>>26890574
http://sonichu.com/cwcki/Pokémon
>>
>>26890550
Came here to say this. The fanbase literally contains children, and I suppose by extension, adults who still wished they were children. But really, who cares about the fanbase, just have fun with it.
>>
>>26891544
Precisely. I'm a 38 yr old with my life together and I love browsing the anime general in this board. I don't play the games anymore.
>>
>>26891732
Why do you call SM SuMo?
>>
>>26891743
I didn't. I just responded to someone else.
>>
>>26891732
>I don't like the games anymore, but I like the anime.

I don't understand.
>>
>>26891758
I don't time to fully appreciate the games.
>>
>>26891752
oh, you ware not the one i replied to? ok than.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.