[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you hate legendary Pokémon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: Reggiegigas.jpg (26KB, 439x301px) Image search: [Google]
Reggiegigas.jpg
26KB, 439x301px
Why do you hate legendary Pokémon?
>>
>>26890120
I don't hate any pokemon
>>
File: reggiegiygas.jpg (139KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
reggiegiygas.jpg
139KB, 700x467px
>>26890120
Not really
>>
I don't. I use them pretty frequently.
>>
>too many and too easy to find
>(mostly) too strong for an already easy as shit single player
>already found at high levels and no evolutions, no fun in training them
>banned from shit like Battle Mansion
>can't breed, have to play the RNG game for good IVs
>usually make the plot of the games/evil team plan stale as fuck

Some of them are alright I guess
>>
>>26890120
Too powerful to be interesting, most of them just walk into your party now anywag. I didn't mid them when they were difficult to capture extras, end game shit. now that you end up with at least a couple throughout the course of a game they just homogenise teams.

TL;DR They've become dull.
>>
Im playing through Black 2 right now and apparently you even get second chances to capture them if you accidentally kill them.

I mean please Game Freak
>>
File: BossGiygas.png (6KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
BossGiygas.png
6KB, 256x224px
Giygas should be a Pokemo-
>>
File: 250px-150Mewtwo.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-150Mewtwo.png
51KB, 250x250px
OH WAIT
>>
>>26890120
I don't hate them, I just wish they were rare again.

GF just hands them out like candy nowadays, and it makes them less rare.
>>
Most of them look like tacky garbage. It feels like the artists try too hard to make them "special looking" and they just end up covered in too many random googaws. Like they don't know how to rein themselves in and always add one thing too many. Less is more.
>>
>>26890144
That reminds me of the villain from that Shark Boy and Lava Girl movie. The light bulb guy that made electricity puns, like "Watts up?"
>>
>>26890387
Anonymous, but you don't /kill/ Pokémon. Maybe that's the reason why they keep coming back.
>>
>Too many, the one thing Gen VI I'd right was not give us 75 legendaries
>Mythical and many in game are handed to you
>Many non ubers are shadowed by many basic mons
>They hog the main plot
>Too many are too similar
>12 year olds and retards having cheap teams
>>
>>26890444
came here to say this. trips speak the truth. just look at the 2 new sun and moon legends. one looks like a tacky jeweled coaster with legs and the other looks like a paper snowflake gone wrong.
>>
>>26890120
there's always some fag who uses every legendary they can find on their team, it's not a problem now that I'm an adult but those people scarred me a child.
there's also too much of a gray area around them, for example it's obvious that you shouldnt use pokemon like arceus and box legendaries in normal battles. But then you get pokemon like mew and triomon that realy arent any more powerful than pseudomon or some normal pokemon, and that's where the line blurs.

then you get people who say "hurr durr dont use legendaries there's only one of them it makes no sense to have it" when there's really no concrete rule to that.

I don't hate legendaries, in fact I like using a few. But I hate the drama rises from their use.
>>
>>26890842
i agree. theyre really only collectables. i used xerneas just so i can deal with the dragon trainer but i plan on just puting it away after.
>>
File: hairy pussy.jpg (20KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
hairy pussy.jpg
20KB, 500x333px
I don't mind a good designed legendary with cool lore. But lately there's been far too many legendaries and most aren't even in the game - just given out as gifts occasionally.
>>
File: unnamed.png (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
39KB, 250x250px
>>26890120
I love mew, just look at that little cute mother fucker who can learn every move and has perfectly balanced base stats.
>>
>>26890408
This
>>
>>26890120
GF released a broken ass mega ray ray and two primals, yet regiggigas, slaking and archeops are "too strong" without abilities hindering them. Like give them niggas a chance
>>
>>26890120
>legendaries that can stay
mew
mewtwo
3 birds
ho-oh
lugia
3 beasts
kyogre
groudon
rayquaza

>legendaries that can stay but shouldnt be legendary
regi trio
deoxys
genesect
latios and latias
zekrom
reshiram
xerneas
yveltal
zygarde

>legendaries that need to go into the fucking trash
jirachi
manaphy
phione
arceus
dialga, palkia, giratina
regigigas
azelf
mesprit
uxie
the kami tro
virizion, terrakion, cobalion
keldeo
victini
meloetta
kyurem
shaymin
cresselia and darkrai
>>
>>26890878
Except crabhammer.
>>
>>26890909
shit taste famigo
>>
>>26890909
>Zekrom & Reshiram can stay but not Kyurem.

It's like you didn't even play gen 5.
>>
>>26890954
garbage design. zekrom and reshiram are pretty bad to but whatever.
>>
>>26890120
>>26890260
>already found at high levels and no evolutions, no fun in training them
>banned from shit like Battle Mansion
>can't breed, have to play the RNG game for good IVs
These.
>>
There are too many of them, many of which are too similar and/or palette changes of others; they seem to have become underwhelming nowadays, in more ways than one (not necessarily in-game but plot mostly); easier to catch and/or are handed to the player. Overall, bar a few (like Hoopa, who isn't entirely perfect), they've just become all-around dull.
>>
>>26890120
Because I want to fug them.
>>
Let's see
>Way too fucking many of them
>Requires a ludicrous amount of SRs or hacking to get competitively viable
>Can't be used in Battle Frontier/Maison/Wi-fi
>Half of them are dragon type
I like most of the trios, barring the Genies and Musketeers. Latios & Latias are great too.
>>
>>26890782
Between ORAS and XY you get all the legendaries. If you count 20th Anniversary you also get all mythicals.
>>
>>26890909
>Jirachi

Someone got Iron Headed recently
>>
>>26890782
agree
>>
>>26890120
Because my head canon tells me that my pokemon are just as good if not better than those legendaries.
Also, after all the years of playing and having to 'hack' the event Pokemon, they don't have a special feeling anymore. I get a small tingle when a new distribution comes out because I've never had these Pokemon(except mew distro from toys r us back in '98) legitimately. They're just collectors items.
>>
>>26893558
I really want a sub para flinch jirachi to mess with people.
>>
>>26893558
Maybe he got stuck on Bidoof's special episode in Mystery Dungeon: EOS
>>
>>26890120
I only hate Legendaries that doesn't have a purpose or a reason to exist. Such as Heatran, the 4 Musketeers, Phione, heck even the 3 Kanto Birds. there's just so many legends without a fucking purpose.
>>
>>26890909
Genwunner detected. Fuck back to >>>/r/eddit
>>
>>26890977
Absolute shit taste.
>>
>>26890909
>3 birds that everyone has a at least dozen of that does absolutely nothing in any game ever can stay
>Literal God and its deities who has more lore than any other Legendary can't
>>
>>26890909
>3 birds can stay
Stopped reading there.
>>
>Legendaries that can stay
Mewtwo
Mew
Ho-Oh
Lugia
Celebi
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Arceus
Zekrom
Reshiram
Kyurem
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde

>Legendaries that can stay if expanded upon and fixed
Entei
Raikou
Suicune
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Jirachi
Regigigas
Cresselia
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Victini
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Keldeo
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa

>Into the trash they go
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Heatran
Phione
Tornados
Thundurus
Landorus
Meloetta
>>
>>26894029
Those are infinitely better than muh save the world omg legends
>>
>>26894229
No they're not. They don't even deserve be anything but regular, one-stage Pokémon. Legendaries are called "legendary" for a reason.
>>
Because I'm not a teenager and don't care for the designs or special snowflake lore. It sort of takes away from the immersion. It's ironically less interesting to have a Legendary team than one comprised of more common monsters made to work for you. It's lazy and boring and doesn't align with what I get out of Pokémon, personally.

If Legendaries are your thing, then good job. You might be a pleb.
>>
File: image.png (67KB, 250x142px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67KB, 250x142px
>>26890120
i DONT
>>
>>26894191
Wow, what awful and inconsistent opinions.
>pallet swap legends can stay
>legendary birds need to go
(You)
>>
>>26890408
>Hands them out like candy so they aren't rare

But anon, there only like 4-9 pieces of rare candy in a typical game before the post game.
>>
>>26894334
Something you seem to have forgotten about Pokemon is that it is also about collecting monsters. You know, "Catching 'em all"? One of the main purposes of legendaries/mythicals is to collect something valuable, amazing for whatever reasons, and hard get/find. (Although I feel as though much of the charm of collecting legendaries/mythicals has been lost over the years.) Anyone who's a collector of anything here probably knows what I mean.
>>
File: ghost of maiden's peak.jpg (698KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
ghost of maiden's peak.jpg
698KB, 2592x1936px
>>26890120
There are so many they no longer feel legendary. Feel like wasted slots for actual pokemon you could play without waiting for an event or catching after you clear the game.
>>
File: wut.jpg (21KB, 575x323px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
21KB, 575x323px
>>26890909
>>26894191
>Tornados
>Thundurus
>Landorus
>legendaries that need to go into the fucking trash
Why do you hate them?
>>
>>26890120
Haha, Op. The truth is, I don't really hate legendary Pokemon. I dislike some, especially Hoopa, one of the worst designs ever. Looks like it belongs in yugioh.
>>
>>26894395
THIS

For fucks sake, >>26894191 has to be baiting.
>>
>>26894254
Naw you are wrong. Just because they aren't forced into the main story, doesn't mean they aren't legends. Lrn2lore
>>
>>26890120
Only things wrong with them is that there are too many now and primal/megas on legends devalues regular legends.
>>
I don't hate them but I never use them. Once I catch them or get their dex entry that's it. Into the box they go
>>
>>26890408

You mean for like, one or two games in the entire series?
>>
>>26894409
I specifically mentioned in teams.

I never implied people shouldn't catch them.
>>
Too many of them.

What's the purpouse of be a legendary is every game bring like 6 legendaries in every game.
>>
Didn't even know Heatran was a legendary till recently.

Really is a forgettable piece of shit.
>>
File: espurr3.png (43KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
espurr3.png
43KB, 150x150px
>>26890120
This game doesn't need any help to be easy as hell. Why bother using them?
>>
>>26890387
This has been a thing since gen 4 and possibly even 3.
>>
>>26890683
Mr. Electric?
>>
>>26890909
Save Victini and Shaymin and we are good
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.