[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Massive Region to Explore...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: BQ7SEMa.png (2MB, 1486x836px) Image search: [Google]
BQ7SEMa.png
2MB, 1486x836px
With games like Xenoblade and Zelda getting new games featuring a vast world to explore, when do you think Pokémon will gain one? Every single Pokémon, absolutely no event items needed to capture some, and so much more...
Also post what you would want from this kind of game
>>
>>26888380
This shit is my dream.

Fuck the naysayers. I love open world exploration. Pretty much all of the fun I had in Xenoblade X came from just dicking around on the map (not like the combat was doing anything for me), and the new Zelda looks insanely good, the first time I've ever been hyped for a Zelda.

Biggest issue is they'd have to really carefully rethink some main mechanics like level curve and gym progression. They'd probably also have to heavily incorporate pokemon usage in the overworld in a non-lazy way to make it both thematically appropriate and actually interesting to explore.
Pretty much every facet of the franchise would need to be reconsidered, which would be great, but it's gamefreak we're talking about. I doubt they'd do that.
>>
Massive EMPTY world

Come back when you have massive cities with more than twelve buildings
>>
>>26888380
Honestly, I'd prefer something like Xenoblade that would allow you to search all over the world for pokemon in a big open environment, with rare pokemon being ones that are only available in certain hard to reach locations rather than being rare spawns, with legends being the rare spawns that only show up under particular conditions. You'd have to do something like set up a lightning rod during a thunderstorm to reactivate a dormant power plant to bring Zapdos down out of a nearby cave that is blocked off by a lightning barrier otherwise so you can't just fly into it, and various similar things relevant to other pokemon.

Beyond that, remove the level restrictions based on badges and have the gym leaders scale dynamically based on your level so that they're always a couple of levels ahead of you (or artificially inflated if you grind to max level) so that they're *always* a tough challenge, and do something similar for the villains, with their plots/schemes being triggered by various criteria as sort of a side-by-side to your rising through the ranks as a pokemon trainer, so you don't have to punctuate every gym with an evil team event, but rather you can grind out half the gyms before you're required to do their first mission, and then another four before you have to take on another, then you can complete the E4/Champ gauntlet and if you do before snuffing the bad guys out, their dialogue will change to something more serious now that they're facing the champ and their missions being at a very high level.

Pretty much make level caps irrelevant and untether the villains from the gym circuit so you can do either/or at whatever time you prefer, and make the players actually *earn* the rare pokemon by hunting them down instead of just mindless random encounters. It's entirely doable, but Gamefreak never will, because they're too set on keeping the status quo and cranking out an easy to make game every year to rake in cash instead of doing what fans want.
>>
File: xenoblade_x.jpg (2MB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade_x.jpg
2MB, 4000x4000px
How would this work as a Pokemon region? Place at the top is of course the evil team hideout.
>>
Never because true open world doesn't fit the relatively linear structure a rpg like Pokemon requires.
>>
>>26888380
OP, why did you post that small map image? That's only 2% of the entire map.
>>
File: nintendomap__large.png (618KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
nintendomap__large.png
618KB, 1000x562px
>>26888717
>>
>>26888553
Why is hoenn on fire? Groudon won?
>>
>>26888380
There is one already
It's called GO
>>
I would really like another Pokemon on the NX with big open world. Maybe have people give you quests to get a certain pokemon or a certain item. Maybe Pokemon drop items for crafting gear to help you find a certain Pokemon like grass types drop sap which can be turned into an item that attracts bug types. Maybe you can go to every gym but they demand you have a certain bag to challenge them. HM's would just be abilities of the Pokemon or items that the trainer can craft. Like for cut you get a hatchet or surf you need a mini-raft and rope to put on your Water-type. There are a lot of cool ideas you could put into a open world Pokemon game on a console.
>>
>>26888380
SHAMELESS SELF-BUMP
>>
>>26888380
Psh. I dunno... I kinda agree with >>26888620; although, I guess I can see your idea working pretty well for a Pokemon Rangers-based game.
>>
>>26888553
Kanto dry and barren, Johto lush and green, Sinnoh all frozen and Hoenn a hot and charred wasteland. Its like pottery
>>
That'll be overboard with all 7 regions .
So maybe 4 games with 2 regions each or some kind of Freemium game with DLC
>>
>>26888380
Trading is an essential cornerstone of collecting. They will never get rid of it.
>>
>>26888380
Bump
>>
Why not just have a game where you can go to all of the regions?
Nintendo NX or w.e

OR have a game in a new region that you can buy "DLC" which allows you to travel to other regions.

Its not that complicated
>>
>>26893818
>Why not just have a game where you can go to all of the regions?

GF can barely make a game with enough content to fill one region. If they tried to make a game with every region, it would pretty much feel like a barren wasteland. Also, why would they make seven games worth of content and charge you for one?
>>
>>26893818
Because having more than 1 region destroyed the pacing of the gen 2 games. Until the games get rid of the current level cap we will never have a game going past two regions (hell, looks like we'll never get that again either).
>>
>>26888729
Not even this is the entire map.
>>
>>26891768
>One game with all 7 regions is not okay
>One game with some regions unlocked from the beginning and the rest of the 7 locked behind DLC somehow okay
The fuck nigga?
>>
If you do this on the Wii U it wouldnt be as comfy as a 3DS game
>>
File: smug (5).jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug (5).jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
This will never happen in Pokemon, because as (((Masuda))) has said he wants every pokemon game to be unique, same reason they don't bring back older fan-favourite features in newer games.

Just give them your money /vp/
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.