[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad bros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: embro.png (353KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
embro.png
353KB, 900x900px
Pokes that look like total bros but unfortunately are pretty bad ingame.
>>
>>26885831
Pic unrelated
>>
>>26885900
No, actually pic related. He can be easily subsituted by Darmanitan. Also shitty fighting moves and his stat distribution is pretty meh.

Also do you mean Emboar doesn't look like a total bro or that he is good in game or both?
>>
What a fucking horrible design. Holy shit Pokemon died that gen.
>>
>>26885997
Being worse than Darmanitan doesn't make it bad in game. That logic doesn't make sense. It's stat distribution is also similar to Blaziken especially for the purposes of an in game playthrough where you don't have Speed Boost so. Bad fighting moves by level up is an issue but Emboar is honestly probably the best starter in game in BW, maybe it's just a little worse than Samurott.
>>
File: Emboar.full.jpg (247KB, 650x920px) Image search: [Google]
Emboar.full.jpg
247KB, 650x920px
>>26886069
Can you please offer some actual reason, actually tell us why you hate Emboar's design so much?
>muh it's horrible
No, this justifies nothing. Emboar's Chinese influences and gold markings are top-tier, much better than Infernape's that's for sure. A well rounded design that doesn't deserve the hate.
>>
File: 1438232257566.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1438232257566.png
38KB, 250x250px
>>26885831
>>
File: onix.jpg (32KB, 300x316px) Image search: [Google]
onix.jpg
32KB, 300x316px
>>26885831
>mfw not even an evolution and a mega made it good

;-;
>>
Aggron.
Everything carries fighting or ground coverage and scald is everywhere. Rock polish won't let you outspeed landorus or excadrill or anything that matters.
And mega-aggron looks completely retarded.
Choice band headsmash is it's only use, too bad we already have a shit ton of "wallbreakers".
>>
>>26886132
Why did you post an image of Emboar shiting fire turds?
>>
>>26886152
>>
>>26886105
I mean it's not horrible tier pokemon but the fact that you can easily substitute him for a pokemon that is common in the Unova region mid game... It just screams loudly to you: "Don't pick me! Pick the water or the grass starter! They are pretty much better than me!". Or at least more useful and less substituable (if that is a word that i haven't made out just now, but you know what i mean). And you may say: "B-but Serperior and Samurott have a lot of substitutes too". Well that may be true but not as much as Embro, also remember that in 5th Gen games the only pokemons you are going to encounter are pretty much 5th Gen pokemon, so the variety of substitutes for the grass and water starters is less likely.
>>
>>26886258
same could be said for blastoise. its outclassed by a load of water types in its gen
>>
I don't understand why they decided to give Emboar the best HP and worst defenses of all of the starters, then give it a HA that compels you to sacrifice the stat it needs to achieve anything. It's pretty much Sigilyph's bitch.
>>
>>26886285
But I have to admit on top of this that the OP image is one of the coolest pics of Emboar I've seen, and Tepig's still my favourite Unova starter because of how cute it is.
>>
File: 1380839498151.jpg (159KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1380839498151.jpg
159KB, 600x600px
It always feels bad when you have to bench a Pokemon you really had every intention of using, just because you find yourself switching it out immediately more often than not.
>>
>>26886258
Serperior is not better than the other grass options available early on either. Seismitoad is honestly probably better than Samurott too but idk. I didn't know variety of substitutes was an issue considering the criticism was just that it was worse than Darmanitan who is the only early fire type option besides a monkey.
>>
>>26885831
There is no pokemon bad in-game. The main game is super easy. It's post game you worry about usage.
>>
>>26886339

>There is no pokemon bad in-game.
>>
>>26886312
Yeah that is true too but Emboar is the most obvious and clearly inferior towards Darmanitan. The other starters aren't that clearly inferior with other grass or water pokes. Also notice the lack of fire types in the Unova region.
>>
>>26886339
Oh no, there are Pokmon nkt good in game, and the Unova starters had the worst since Meganium in Ser "fast with decent defense but shit offensive stats because how I design pikermins and no movepools because pure grass type with no limbs" Perior.
>>
>>26886448
Holy shit anon, are you me? 10/10 opinion.
>>
>>26886198
Aggron isn't bad tho, maybe it isn't great but it's still pretty good
>>
What were they thinking with Serperior?
>>
>>26886483
I mean I'm pretty sure its stats were meant for a support Pokemon and to compensate for Contrary in the future but it doesn't make for a good Pokemon ingame when it's best option in game is to use +1 ATK boosting move.
>>
>>26886576
Yeah, the thing is that its attack and sp. attack are pretty low, but overall at the moment of having to choose your starter i think that the starters of this region are the most difficult to decide which one i'm going to choose compared to the other regions, because the three of them are pretty bad overall. In other gens isn't that hard and at least in Johto you could choose between Cyndaquil and Totodile, just having one shitty starter (Chikorita), but the Unova ones are just too hard for me to pick one because they are shitty overall.
Hope i don't have to struggle with this in the new games, i seriously doubt that all three of them are going to be shit.
>>
>emboar
>bad ingame
Don't make a thread if you don't know what you're talking about. Emboar never dies and can pretty much kill anything the game throws at you.
>>
>>26886870
Even Sigilyph?
>>
>>26886870
Yeah, every over leveled pokemon can do that anon, nothing impressive here.
>>
Armaldo
>>
>>26886926
Let's see what excuse says the other anon... Oh well yeah muh kryptonite yeah?
>>
>>26887097
You are damn right anon. Also speaking of fossils i don't know how Carracosta really does ingame but if he does bad he would also be a member of this thread.
>>
File: image.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48KB, 250x250px
He's pretty good now, but in Gen 4, his learnset as terrible. He learned Revenge, as his only fighting move (by level up), which was terrible as it has negative priority. He learned more dark moves than fighting and poison combined, but couldn't use them well. Also, he didn't get drain punch back then, for some reason. His movepool has been relatively fixed, but in Gen 4 he was terrible.
>>
>>26887198
Glad they have fixed it. Also he looks pretty badass, much better than Scrafty in my opinion, (which is the pokemon that most assimilates to Toxicroak visually and it seems that a lot of people like it, i don't dislike it, i just like Toxicroak more).
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 216x129px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 216x129px
>>26886285
>It's pretty much Sigilyph's bitch.
Emboar used Sucker Punch!
>>
File: 564.jpg (6KB, 200x110px) Image search: [Google]
564.jpg
6KB, 200x110px
Two words -- Glass Bullet.
>>
>>26886280
Except that getting Water mons early in Red, Blue and Yellow was pretty difficult because all you could fish until the Super Rod were Magikarps and, Gyarados was not really any good before he got Intimidate, Earthquake and Dragon Dance, and the Special/Physical split occurred.

I mean, sure Amnesia made Slowpoke and Poliwrath better, but then Amnesia was so busted and Water is such a good type that you could probably get by carrying 3 water mons without much of a loss.
>>
>>26887769
Defense stat: 55 Sp Def: 50

He might be a bro bit dood those defenses need some work.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.