[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which looks the more promising?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: 043356.png (819KB, 2408x692px) Image search: [Google]
043356.png
819KB, 2408x692px
Which looks the more promising?
>>
6 honestly
The desings were more appealing
>>
Grubbin should be last in this image. It was revealed last.
>>
Gen 6 looks less autistic
>>
>>26875626
Gen 7 actually.
>>
>>26875667
True, but I'm pretty sure the last three were supposed to be revealed together but the guy playing fucked up.
>>
>>26875626
6 has the appeal of Sylvon and mewthree, but the copies of yet another yellow lizard, a bear, and a fire bird.

7 doesn't have any obvious copies, but it doesn't have any specific appealing pokemon either
>>
Gen 7 has a better bird and first stage starters. And I'm digging everything about Magearna so far. However, Gen 6 did have more enticing mysteries, and it was fun just for a little bit to believe Gogoat meant we were getting all sorts of pokemon mounts.
>>
Gen 7
>>
6th gen looks like shit side by side with gen 7
>>
>>26875626
Gen 6 was a mistake.
>>
>>26875626
remove MewtwoY and it's 6
>>
>>26875626
>>
>>26875646
>GREAT
Chespin, Helioptile, Pancham, Fletchling

Rowlet, Litten, Narcolyptus, Pubble, Yungoos, Grubbin, Pikipek

>SHIT
Fennekin, Froakie, Sylveon, Mewtwo-Y, Gogoat

Magearna, Popplio

Looks like Gen 7 hands down
>>
Why is Iwanko so adorable?

I truly hope it/its evolution has some sort of viability.
>>
>>26875626
I fucking hate the the mega mewtwos, especially Y. It's so bad that when I first saw it in the trailer I thought gen 6 would be the worst designed gen ever. Lo and behold we got Noivern, Diancie, Pangoro, Yveltal, Goodra. They all look great.

That said gen 6 had a lot of garbage between those gems, though.

As for gen 7, 4 right most Pokemon look generic as fuck. koala is obviously derivative of pancham. left 2 starters compete with gen 6 starters for worst first stages yet. Popplio is pretty great. Magearna feels very out of place yet very derivative at the same time, such is the fate of overdesigned monstrosities.
>>
So is gen 4 or gen 5 the best?
>>
>>26876063
If you compare the first few mons revealed/leaked like the OP image then its quite even, though overall I think 5 wins.
>>
>>26876028
>simple design
SO FUCKING GENERIC AND DERIVATIVE
>complicated design
OMG OVERDESIGNED DIGIMON

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT? THIS ISN'T A FUCKING GAME HERE, OKAY? I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOU PEOPLE FUCKING COMPLAINING ABOUT POKEMON DESIGNS EVERY GODDAMN DAY ON THIS STUPID FUCKING SITE. EVERY FUCKING DAY. BLAH BLAH DIGIMON. BLAH BLAH SHITMON. BLAH BLAH GEN 1. FUCK YOUR STUPID SHIT. THESE POKEMON DESIGNS ARE GREAT. ALL POKEMON DESIGNS ARE GREAT. THAT FUCKING YOKAI WATCH POSTER WHO SAYS, "OH HUH COMPLAINING ABOUT POKEMON DESIGNS, GET A LOAD OF THIS" IS RIGHT. YOU GUYS NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT WE'VE BEEN BLESSED HERE. 721 MONS WITH ALL GREAT DESIGNS THEY ALL MAKE UP A GREAT WORLD AND YOU FUCKING BITCHING AND MOANING DOESN'T HELP.
>>
File: counter.jpg (44KB, 610x351px) Image search: [Google]
counter.jpg
44KB, 610x351px
>>26876087
>complaining about Yo-Kai Watch designs.

Get a load of this shit and be grateful for what you have.
>>
>>26876113
2/3 of those are in my top 10 favorite pokemon from 2010 onward
>>
File: gen7 pokes so far.png (621KB, 1277x628px) Image search: [Google]
gen7 pokes so far.png
621KB, 1277x628px
>>
>>26876087
I don't know/care if this is a copypasta, I barely visit this place. I'll pretend it's serious.

You can have a simple design that looks good. I just mentioned Goodra.
Alternatively, you can have a simple design that looks like fucking Yokai Watch (see: Darmanitan). Or you can have a simple design that is bad because it dumbs down the style previously associated with Pokemon to the point where the new Pokemon does not fit.

Analogously, you can have a complicated design that adds to the design of Pokemon (Ho-oh) or you can have a complicated design that has no justification for being so complicated (Xerneas).

Xerneas is a good example actually because he mixes the worst parts of both philosophies: not only is he unneccessarily complicated (blue black and cream, antlers with multi colored tumors, weird blue... things that jot out of its chest), he's also stupidly simple (stubby legs that look like sword blades instead of proper hooves, disproportionate anorexic ponyfag-like chest)

simple and complicated are just styles, schools of thought if you will. you can get them wrong if you do it wrong, which gamefreak has been doing increasingly often. but fortunately they still deliver a few great designs in every single gen.
>>
File: disgusting.png (99KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
99KB, 350x350px
>>26876113
I've actually played Yokai Watch and you have no idea what you're talking about if you think fucking PHANTUMP is worse than the abominations in that game
>>
>>26875626
6 more promising

7 more conceptually interesting.
>>
File: 80d8a51a.png (51KB, 300x336px) Image search: [Google]
80d8a51a.png
51KB, 300x336px
>>26876498
Poverty super hero!
>>
>>26875685
>Sylveon
>Appealing

>Hating on the delinquent panda and qt lizard
>>
>>26875626
>chespin
ok

>fennekin
meh

>froakie
ok

>sylveon
great

>mega mewtwo y
great

>gogoat
meh

>helioptile
ok

>pancham
great

>fletchling
ok

>magearna
ok

>rowlet
ok

>litten
great

>popplio
ok

>the koala
meh

>the dog
great

>the trump
bad

>the thing
bad

>the bird
ok

gen 6: 0 bad, 2 meh, 4 ok, 3 great
gen 7: 2 bad, 1 meh, 4 ok, 2 great
>>
Gen 6.
It had quality it just didn't have quantity
>>
>>26875626
This pretty much guarantees SuMo will have more Pokemon. Look at all the padded filler they had to shove into XY's reveal...like they were so stretched for mons they had to reveal the Eeveelution IMMEDIATELY just to generate hype. They had to show off not even a new Pokemon but a fucking MEGA.

Whereas SuMo clearly has the breathing room to casually tease a seventh gen with a new legendary, and then go ahead and hand out generic, first area mons (koala, rock dog, Berniegoose, Grubbin) like welfare, whereas XY was already reaching for full evos, the lizard you don't find until after an entire gym, and the incredibly interesting, typingly-unique panda.

XY was FORCED to show off all its resources immediately. SuMo hands us three (3!!!!) normals in a row, a movie legendary introduced a gen earlier, a national bird, and a *snort* BUG!

Gents, get ready for the Pokeride of your lifetime.
>>
>>26876935
>SuMo
>>
>>26876935
So your argument for a big dex in gen 7 is that with XY they showed something to show off the new type and the new mechanic? Sylveon makes sense to show off the Fairy type as a lot of normies like Eevee and it's evolutions and megas aren't really a mechanic that can be shown without introducing at least one of the mega-mons.
>>
>>26876832
>It had quality it just didn't have quantity
My favourite meme.
It had neither, underage.
>>
>>26875626
>all these people saying 6
Disgusting.
None of you deserve SM.
>>
>>26877079
Not a big deal, SM already looks worse than XY.
>>
>>26877053
Yeah it's all marketing at the end of the day. Thing is, the fact that the big marketing ploy for SuMo is to focus on first-area, Rattata-tier critters instead of jump straight to gaping Megas and new Fairys seems to indicate that they're holding back, they have a lot of room to breath. I find it suspicious even that they took the risk of using the ugliest starter (Popplio) in their worldwide demo. GF is either completely dried-up at this point to do that, has a lot up their sleeve, or has just gone insane.
>>
>>26877121
They probably let the guy pick it. Or they're pushing Popplio like the did with Narutoad.
>>
>>26875626
Gen 6 from mere looks
Gen 7 for potential
>>
>>26877222
Narutoad had generally positive appeal when it was first released. Everyone was mixed about Chespin and Fennekin but pretty confident about Froakie.

Popplio's the opposite. He's had nearly universal negative reaction (I'm not saying he's objectively bad, just that generally all the underage fags on /vp/, and thus a reflection as to the general public, hate him). Seems waaaay riskier to advertise him than the generic kitty kat that has no jarring flaws.

Idk if they'd just 'let the guy pick it.' We're talking a million dollar business here. They're not about to be whimsical about it, particularly not in the year of their 20th anniversary. Something is up.
>>
>>26877283
Maybe it's because Popplio would get people talk about SM more. It would be kind of negative, sure, but there would also be more stuff like "litten and rowlet defending popplio!!!!". Also I guess most people actually take it as a dumb joke and not as a flaw.
>>
First stage gen 6

But all of them except Greninja were garbage in design and usability

The only saving grace is Second stage furry bait
>>
>>26877352
Again, though -- GF shipped Froakie hard. They knew he was the safest, most aesthetically pleasing choice.

Rowlet is quirky and appeals largely to the Reddit base, Popplio is more 'joke-y' and attention-grabbing, but if GF wanted safe, assured views and conversation, they could've plastered Litten on every trailer and had little kids everywhere rambling about him.
>>
>>26877230
this
>>
>>26877373
Chesnaught gets the HA Bulletproof, making it immune to several moves, notably sludge bomb and toxic
>>
>>26875626

Top desu. Heliotiple and Pancham are by far the best looking on that chart, not even close.

Based on first form starters alone, Chespin is best design.
>>
>>26877449
>chesnaught shapes up to be a great gengar check
>introduce sludge wave which is literally just sludgebomb unaffected by bulletproof
>>
Gen 7 starters > 6
Gen 6 everything else > 7
>>
>>26875626
Ah. Now I can see the problem.

Gen 7 Pokemon have terrible color schemes.
>>
>>26875626
The Gen 7 ones look better from here, aside from the shitty koala, but the evolutions and the rest of the dex could really make or break it. I wasn't too excited about XY until Inkay, Malamar, Pangoro, and Honedge had all been revealed, but after then it ended up being one of my favorite gens, design wise.
>>
>>26875626
From best to worst:
>Pancham
>Gogoat
>Rowlett
>Chespin A real shame about Chesnaught though
>Pikipek
>Froakie
>Yungoos
>Grubbin
>Fletchling
>Dropbear
>Sylveon
>everyone not listed
>dog shit
>Mewtwo: Teddy Bear Edition
>chicken shit
>Helioptile
>>
>>26876935
I think this post proves that people who use SuMo are retarded.
>>
>>26875626
>tfw i like them all
>>
>>26877704
Chesnaught was okay though. I liked Bowser the Hedgehog
>>
>>26875983
>Using shitty fan names
>>
>>26875983
>i-i-i-i-i-if i p-p-pre-pretend i d-don't like g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-irly p-pink things t-then i-i'm n-NOT a f-f-f-faggot
Sylveon and MegaMewtwo Y are great.
>>
Alright, in all honesty, I hated Gen 6. I hated/hate the concept of megas, I didn't truly like any of the starter designs, and from the few pokemon they added 90% looked liked shit.

Gen 5 on the other hand, has become my fav gen. I really loved the starters, I loved 95% of the pokemon designs, I love how fresh it felt.

So far, Gen 7 is looking to become waaay better than Gen 6. The designs look on point and I really enjoy them!
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.