[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

May we discuss these oddballs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
May we discuss these oddballs?
>>
Heliolisk was cool at first, surf option and all.

Now that RBY is added to pokemon however, pikachu has outclassed it.
>>
I am college student who lives alone in a dorm and gotted Nostalgia for the good old days. I saw there sale was pokemon emerad on (etsy (hipster ebay) so I buy. when i get catridge it was emerald only BLACK with skurleton on the front instead of Rayquaza but with blood-eyes. on the, I am in Elite four vs. Lance and only have 6 pokemon in my party. they all unknown and spell YOUR DEAD!!! Preety supicion" I think but probably just something in my eye??? The music is lavender town but backways and when I go fight He he has 666 pokemon too! hE sents one out and I HEAR ITS CRY. It turns out hte pokemon they are ALL MY DEAD GIRLFREIND, but HYPER REALISTIC AND BLOODEYE. ITS SO SCARY YOU GUYS that I throw the playstation across the room broke the game in half. Next day I get roommate to play. He's like "Ehehehehe probably IS not that scary." but she turned on the game and the screen was a picture of US, and but we were DEAD, and the scariest part of this story is that WE was YOU and YOU BECAME SKELETON and WROTE this...
>>
what about them?
They are lizards and absorb sun rays and electricity.
>>
>>26875376
Heliolisk is also an executioner. Electric chair type shit.
>>
>>26875372
There are very few things Pikachu outclasses, even with costumes and light orb and stuff. Heloise is NOT one of these. Heliosk sits proudly in UU whereas Pikachu dwells in the miserable PU tier. Dry skin rain dance surf and thunder make Heliosk much more viable.
>>
>>26875357
The line does not look complete.
>>
I've said this before but I feel like these two were intended to debut in Gen 5 and never did for whatever reason. The place you can find them in in X and Y is awkward af.

Plus Unova had that desert right before the Electric gym, so it feels like Elesa was supposed to have used it. If it HAD come out in Gen 5, it would have been a huge player in WWI. (Weather War I)

>>26875374
k
>>
File: 1466781396257.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466781396257.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
I used one in my Y run and it was no slouch. I like it a lot.
>>
>>26875391
Pikachu is a physically attacker so hes not used for same set as Heliolisk.

Pikachu however, is a good pokemon to hide Surf with. Now that everyone is onto heliolisk. Also Snorlax with surf can be useful.
>>
>>26875423
Wish I didn't have to wait til after the 8th gym to get the TM for Dark Pulse though.
>>
>>26875391
>smogon
>mattering
Pikachu can ohko primal kyogres that don't have maxed defense and HP with light ball and volt tackle.
>>
I wanted to like the lizard, but he reminds me too much of fucking nicobay with that black hood thing. The color scheme is ugly too.
>>
>>26875372
>Pikachu
>outclassing anything
It would remain bottom-tier garbage even if it got Quiver Dance or Bolt Strike.
>>
>>26875357
>Pokemon based around the sun is more powerful in the rain
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>26875425
>Snorlax with surf is useful? (Apart from travelling in game on its back)
>When Pikachu is used, it is often a Light Orb special attacker, considering that Light Orb doubles its special attack, making it higher than its attack by a good bit
>Yes I know Pikachu has more base attack and air baloon, life orb, and scarf sets are likely to run physical
>Heliosk is just a better Pokemon in general than pikachu or Riachu, thanks to its ability to utilize rain for no miss thunder, water attack boosts, and dry skin recovery
>Lantus assrapes Pikachu, and resists surf anyways, while being in the same tier, making it a better switch than something you might hide surf for
>>
File: 1AkDb.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1AkDb.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>26875461
Pikachu has priority moves.
>>
>>26875499
And so do a ton of Ice types. Your point?
>>
>>26875531
The point is Pikachu is more powerful than Heliolisk. Unless you want to waste a turn casting rain so you can send out 1 Heliolisk.
>>
>>26875550
Rampardos hits harder than Mega Diancie but you don't see anybody using Rampardos.

Hitting hard doesn't mean anything when everything else about you is shit.
>>
>>26875357
No we can't. What now faggot?
>>
>>26875581
Now I've become sad, and you made me like this
>>
>>26875357
Cool pokemon that just needed to be graced with better stats. I've seen people complain it wasn't a three stage family too, but watch Heliolisk get a mega with an ability it doesn't need.
>>
>>26875374
reddit
>>
The only good things to come from Gen 6
>>
>>26875759
>gets an electric/grass mega
>snow warning
>>
>>26875422
Whoa, I never noticed this. They definately fit in with the Pokemon, and maybe they felt like Scraggy, Sandile, and Heliolisk were too much.
>>
>>26875550
Who uses rain dance heliolisk?
I did in game

Waste of a turn and not bulky enough to make use of the healing. Only useful for switching into scald.
>>
>>26875374
(You)
I enjoyed this video
>>
>>26875389
I never noticed that. That's pretty cool
>>
Parabolic Charge buff WHEN
>>
>>26875357
it sort of seems like it's missing a 3rd evo. heliolisk doesnt feel complete.
>>
>>26875425
>Using Special Attacking Snorlax past gen III meta
>Physical Pikachu

Hello Versilify
>>
File: HNI_0020.jpg (61KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0020.jpg
61KB, 480x360px
>>26875357
>current year
>STILL doesn't learn Solarbeam
>>
Electrify, one of the quirkiest moves??
Fun to mess with in a gimmicky double battle set.
>>
>>26879686
I can only assume it'd be a good doubles partner for Lightningrod Pokemon.
>>
>>26875389
never noticed this. makes it way cooler.
>>
>solar themed mon
>abilities based around rain and sandstorm
What were they thinking?
>>
>>26875463
>Solar Power
>>
I really love these guys because a frilled lizard Pokemon is something I and a lot of people bad thought about and designed but when they do their own they still came up with unique and interesting designs nothing like my own, at least. Especially Heliolisk who does the frills in a unique looking way and has an interesting posture.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.