[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Gen 6 Really The Easiest?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 17

File: image.jpg (116KB, 595x740px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 595x740px
Why does gen 6 get so much hate for being easy when gen 1's 8th gym leader only has four mons and two are unevolved?
>>
That Exp thing and mega revolution thing
>>
>>26853937
because cool edgy kids love hating new stuff

happens with EVERYTHING, not just pokemon
>>
>>26853937

Is no one gonna point out that Blaine is the 7th gym leader, not the 8th?
>>
>>26853937
Jesus Christ compare it to GSC/RSFRLG/Emerald/DP/Plat/HGSS/BW/BW2

Not a game where you can switch items in your bag with your Pokemon
>>
>>26853937
Remember their moves are awful too. Oh, and the Champion? His Exeggutor has only three moves
>>
At least the Elite 4 was hard in Red/Blue. In XY you are usually 10-15 levels above them.
>>
>>26853937
That's not even the biggest sin of Gen 1.

I don't have the picture saved, but didn't Blue's team have Rhydon with only Fury Attack as an attacking move? and Exeggutor with only 3 moves?
>>
>>26853963
He has more moves in total than Serena's postgame rematch 17 years later
>>
>>26853946
Both are optional so people shouldn't complain
>>
>>26853986
It's not optional it's handed to you, and the exp share starts turned on. You have to go out of your way to turn it off.

Also without that can you defend this?>>26853975
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 259x194px
>>26853954
I make that mistake pretty often because Blaine is the last gym leader you go to a new place for
>>
File: ass.png (60KB, 643x473px) Image search: [Google]
ass.png
60KB, 643x473px
>>26853954
>>26853954
giovanni is not any better
>NFE mon without stab
>Growl and Sand attack on dugtrio
>Scratch and tail whip on nidoqueen
>tail whip rhydon
>fissure on slow pokemon like rhyhorn and rhydon
>>
>>26853937
Those Rapidash and Arcanine are legit threats in Gen I.
A better example to prove your point would have been Blue's Champion team
>>
>>26854003
is not defending, its accepting the fact that pokemon has always been an easy game and you just realized that because you are gown up now
>>
>>26854013
Enemy pokemon always have whatever moves they learn by level up. I think they haven't changed that even now.
>>
File: 1450026356036.jpg (210KB, 600x585px) Image search: [Google]
1450026356036.jpg
210KB, 600x585px
>tfw only used to struggle with this game because I'd skip battling like every trainer so my pokemon were always under-leveled and i remember these fights being hard

feelsgood
>>
>>26854003
I never said gen 6 wasn't easy, but gen 1 has you fighting growlithes until you enter victory road
>>
>>26854013
Also Tackle Nidoking. Nidoking was one of the first mixed attackers even in gen1, being allowed to learn lots of TMs— giving him such moves is just plain handholding
>>
>>26854022
Of course Pokemon games were always easy, but Gen VI made them even easier, removing any real challenge. Just look at Lysandre and Ghetsis to see what I mean
>>
>>26854022
I disagree

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Colress#Post-game_rematches
>>
>>26854035
Yeah, but gen 1 is just broken. I feel it shouldn't count. After following up Plat/HGSS/BW/BW2 how can you get so simple, with no care for the plot, and don't even let like half the gym leaders leave their gym

Do you remeber the X and Y admins names? Dexio and Sina, are they familar? Emma doesn't even have fucking official art.

The whole Battle Cheateu is just level up movesets if you increase the level. Fuck X and Y
>>
>>26853937
I play pokemon very casually, but I thought that AS, which I just played through, felt very easy due to the EXP share. The levels of enemies seemed balanced for the old, slower form of leveling.

That said, the game was still very fun and I never played pokemon for the challenge. It was still funny seeing that I had a level 60-something Altaria by game's end just from normal battling.
>>
>>26854102
Gen 6 is riddled with problems I wouldn't disagree. Thread was just to show its not the easiest game in the series and that even though most games are more difficult the franchise has never been riddled with high difficulty play. While it has problems, the most hate it gets is based on its difficulty, which while that is a valid complaint it shouldn't mean the game is automatically terrible. If someone dislikes the game based on all those factors that's fine opinions are opinions, but this post mostly refers to people who say it's too easy so it's automatically the worst game in the franchise.
>>
>>26853937
Using Gen 1 teams without taking into account Gen 1 limitations? Its a Kalosperm thread alright.
>>
>>26853948
More like edgy 11-year-olds who got Black 2 as their first game like hating on old things.
>>
>>26854192
What limitations? The gym leader themselves proved they could have used TMs for their movesets. And using shitty Pokemon or pre-evos instead of proper Pokemon wasn't forced by anyone.
>>
>>26854192
this
people like to judge a game from 20 years ago with today patterns
also, it was the first pokemon adventure, so there wasn't a smogon thing to get movesets
there was a lot of kids back then that gets to the pokemon league with something like thunder/thunderbolt/thunder wave/quick attack Raichu
>>
>>26854191
Well, don't compare it too the first games ever made. I mean GF got so LAZY with the both games. It being easy is just a summary of all those flaws. I hate it when you try to compare it to the last game that came out, people call you a unovabortion.

When for how broken gen 1 is, why the hell is your final rival battle have less moves than a shitty meme of gen 1, where you're supposed to be under leveled in RB.
>>
>>26854224
Anon, there were only 151 Pokemon and like 3 of a type that were fully ever evolved. Gen 6 had 400+ Pokemon in it's dex and there are less Pokemon used in those gym battles

Not saying it's a perfect game, but why are we holding a game which came out 17 years later with battles like these >>26854077 a year ago, too stiff where you're supposed to be under leveled
>>
File: Blaine Gen 1.png (46KB, 820x372px) Image search: [Google]
Blaine Gen 1.png
46KB, 820x372px
>>26853937
BY THE POWER OF THE THIRD VERSION, I GIVE YOU A GOOD GEN 1 GYM LEADER. BEGONE NOW, KALOSPERM, FOR NO THIRD VERSION AWAIT YOU AND YOUR SHITTY GENERATION
>>
>>26854259
The point is yes, gen 1 is easy, but it's still a fun game. Gen 6 has problems yes but most people say it's easy so it sucks. Easy does not equal bad. There are so many valid reasons to dislike gen 6, this thread was just to show that difficulty shouldn't be one of them.
>>
>>26854276
>Still Growl
>Still Tail Whip
Better but they still were a long way behind
>>
>>26854286
Once wifi goes out, what will be unique or fun about it?

People can still play RB for the glitches, and I think you are really forgetting how shitty level up sets are in RBY. No stab, terrible tm distribution. It's easier teams for harder level up sets
>>
>>26854259
Because old or not it doesn't excuse its problems when people compare it with new games.

Nothing stopped GF from using TMs to power up trainers.
Nothing stopped GF from having one of the strongest trainers in the region, the fighting type master Bruno, from having Poliwrath and Primeape instead of two fucking Onix.

For fuck's sake having one less Pokemon made Blaine's team better >>26854276

Sure later games should fix some of these flaws, but none actually do, so it's kind of unfair to say that a game did something better when they all share the same flaws. Maybe just Platinum did it right.

What is that link to Colress's postgame team supposed to show to me? The same game had shit like http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Skyla#Easy_Mode.2FNormal_Mode that were just awful.
>>
>>26854305
I conceded there are a ton of reasons to hate gen 6. In terms of being good games gen 6 is probably pretty low of not at the bottom of main series games. Difficulty should not be the only complaint commonly received when there are other valid complaints. Harder difficulty is a preference (a preference I have) but an easy game doesn't have to be garbage.
>>
>>26854321
She has more held items than all of the Kalos Elite 4+all the gym leaders in one Pokemon

On easy mode

Also that's to show a postgame trainer. You have 1 real one. Serena who has less fucking moves than blue

You're also fucking forgetting besides the game being a technical mess, trainers didn't have good level up moves or TM's
>>
>>26854027
Yeah, they still do it. The only moves they change are the TM moves the gym leaders give you. And I think they gave Wally's ultimate team good moves too.

Except for his physically offensive Roserade
>>
>>26854355
Oh I have a lot more complaint too anon. It's just so confusing what they did from their Plat/HGSS/BW/BW2 and respecting us, to this garbage
>>
>>26853937
>Generation 1 Fire Spin
>on that many mons
>easy
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>26854366
>what they did from their Plat/HGSS/BW/BW2 and respecting us
Respecting us?
With garbage like >>26854321 and this you call "respect"?
>>
You could always play Gen 1 and find out yourself.
>>
ORAS is fine if you turn off exp share, at least from Norman onwards.
They just need to balance enemy levels with exp share in mind.
>>
>>26854385
Johto level curve is pure shit, none will ever argue that.
However that team has a strategy: it's an Hail team who has Seal to set up the weather condition, Dewgong to stall with RestTalk and Piloswine has Blizzard, double STAB and an held item.
It's still not good enough to be a real challenge but it tries
>>
>>26854447
I actually started tog et a little worried early on in ORAS, because without grinding at all I was out leveling trainers and gyms by 10-15. But it's true, after Norman the game catches up to you and its fine.
>>
>>26854385
Hey equal to all the hold items of the Kalos gym leaders, elite 4, and champion.

Rest sleep talk is a good strat in today's meta and a 5th/7th gym with ice beam is pretty good. I don't see your point

The did it in GSC with tm moves, why is X and Y immune to that bullshit because, when you have unlimited TM's

And here's the best part in RB! You have shit level level up sets and TM's! And only 1 of them!
>>
>>26853937
Because genwun power levels are down across the board while you have Megas and overleveling in gen6. The opponents mighty as well be using only ember in gen 6
>>
>>26854224
Less moves, Pokemon, no held items, barely any stab, less types, etc?

Don't be stupid.
>>
>>26854385
Hey they used TM's on them I have no fucking idea what you're talking about
>>
>>26854521
Stop making excuses. Giovanni's team was pure shit in RB, none of his pokemon even know EQ.
His team in Yellow was better and that was during the same generation.
>>
>>26854521
>Less moves
Not a problem when TMs exist.

>Pokemon
Not a problem when there actually are Pokemon of that type. Lorelei, Agatha etc have an excuse, Blaine does not. Magmar and Ninetales exist(and in fact Yellow does it give it one)

>less types
Wow, THREE less types out of 18. What shall we do?

YOU don't be stupid by keeping on defending these.
>>
>>26854575
Whaaat, the third version was better??? You don't say!
>>
>>26854592
Oh yes, because if the third version is better it excuses the first two being shit.
This is how GF gets away making shitty lazy games for 20 years, because of their retarded apologists.
>>
>>26854575
>>26854587
The argument isn't that Gen 1 was perfect, its that you want to say Gen 1 is easier by simply showing Teams with no context.

Also, nobody is saying that Gen 1 isn't easy, the argument is that Gen 6 is MORE easy.
>>
>>26853937
The fact that he has Pokemon instead of the limit of 3 they have now plus the fact that he isn't grossly overleveled and the player has no access to megas or easy legendaries: yes it's harder than gen 6.
>>
>>26854621
This is literally Apologists: The thread though
>>
>>26853937
>8th gym leader
>>
>>26854493
>>26854360
I brought up these points in response to your shitty argument of them not caring, and then complaining that gym leaders don't have TM's and when I point it out to you, you just fucking disappear. >>26854385
>>26854321

Not a single fucking Pokemon has a held item outside of goddam 3 mega stones
>>
>>26854276
Post Giovanni's team in Yellow. IIRC both King and Queen had Thunder and Earthquake at the very least.
>>
>>26854493
>Rest sleep talk is a good strat in today's meta
And it's not a good strategy ingame. Sleep Talk could let it waste a turn and with Rest it has 2 turns where it could potentially do absolutely nothing. Heal, switch, i can do whatever to that "please hit me" sign.
A seventh gym(that the player assumes being the second to last in the game) shouldn't have levels that in other games are around the third gym.
>but anon there's a whole other region!
Then WHY didn't they balance it better like ALL the other games do?
>you end up with Kanto gym leaders at level 70
>you can grind decently in Kanto with lv60 wild mons
>then you face Red and its whole team is at level fucking 100
Would have been awesome.

>>26854546
Yes, outside Blizzard they used TMs on the level of Quash.
Really useful to give that berry to the Piloswine(which is also a special based Piloswine with its amazing 60 spatk) instead of giving an anti-status berry to Dewgong.

>>26854657
Yeah man that Ponyta and Growlithe are totally gonna kill your whole fucking team.

>and the player has no access to megas or easy legendaries:
Yeah it's much worse since you have access to Psychic types and can obtain a Pokemon with the same special attack as fucking Arceus before the second gym. No easy legendaries? You mean the Master Ball they give you way before this fight has to go unused?

>>26854714
>muh items
Yeah ONE Pokemon a team has a shitty item that is going to nothing because the leader will heal the Pokemon fully ANYWAY. Awesome. Go look at Whitney's Miltank for an actually useful item.
>>
>>26854780
>calling the games easy and describing how they should've been harder in a thread about defending X and Y

Jesus Christ you are an apologist of X and Y then proceed to call all other games too easy. What the fuck are you, what do you fucking like then
>>
>>26854780
>WHY didn't they balance it better like ALL the other games do?
Literally no game does.
>>
>>26854657
>Easy legendaries
As opposed to what?
>>
>>26854780
>shits on RB, and defends XY's movesets

>calls using TM's a joke

What will make you happy? XY doesn't even make the effort, what's different about those games that makes them better.
>>
>>26854780
Anons here have already told you that all the games are easy, the point they are making is that gen VI is the easiest, but instead of addressing our point you keep attacking Gen I.
>>
>Play X/Y
>Steamroll E4/Champ with team in their late 40's
>Replay R and Y
>Steamroll E4 with team in their late 30's/early 40's

Both games are just as easy as each other.
>>
>>26853962
Go head. Still only teams of four or less and unevolved teammates with dumb moves. Thinking pokemon was ever hard is delusional.

People really just ought to accept they aren't dumbfuck kids anymore and can blast through a children's game no problem.

The games are left easy to not frustrate kids and so you can use any pokemon as opposed to relying on highest stats.
>>
>>26854918
At least they have fucking postgame

Give me the game's strongest trainer for X and Y. I'll compare it to any of those games
>>
>>26854934
All Pokemon games have infinite post game.
>>
>>26854807
>>26854830
Where am i defending XY exactly? Please point it out.

>>26854811
RBY
Gym leader 1 ace level 14
Gym leader 7 ace level 47, 54 in Y

RSE
Gym leader 1 ace level 15
Gym leader 7 ace level 42

DPP
Gym leader 1 ace level 14(also has 125 base attack)
Gym leader 7 ace level 42, 44 in Platinum

BW
Gym leader 1 ace level 14
Gym leader 7 ace level 39

BW2
Gym leader 1 ace level 13/14
Gym leader 7 ace level 48/52

XY
Gym leader 1 ace level 12(also fully evolved)
Gym leader 7 ace level 48

GSC
Gym leader 1 ace level 9, 13 in HGSS
Gym leader 7 ace level 31, 34 in HGSS

Surely they're not.

>>26854885
What points do i have to "address"? Because i'm not defending XY, so i don't see what i should address.
>>
>>26854946
Why are you using the 7th gym for each one?
>>
>>26854945
Give me the strongest in game trainer. Where I can use items against and won't be restricted in X and Y. Which game also has the most trainers to battle after the champion. That's pretty much Pokemon postgane
>>
>>26854946
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>26854780
Are you actually autistic?
>>
>>26854003
Comparing the two, they seem pretty similar. Serena makes up for it with less status or nondamaging moves. And, actual high level moves, while Arcanine has fucking ember for no reason.

No one said gen 6 isn't easy, the series has just always been easy.

Any item you don't have to use is optional. That is the definition of optional. It's left turned on because kids might not realize they have it. The developers expected the older fan base like you wouldn't be too retarded to go into the menu and turn it off, or whine that three button presses is 'out of my way'. They expected the older players to act like fucking adults.
>>
>>26854946
Gen II having the worst level curve is a known fact and was already pointed out early in this thread >>26854456
If you are not defending Gen 6 what is your argument about then?
>>
>>26854820
Legendaries you have to find and catch yourself as opposed to wow PLAYER, this Latios wants to be your friend because reasons! Also here's a +100 bst stone for it!

>>26854780
Yeah man these pokemon 10 levels lower than my team are totally going to kill me.
>>
>>26853937
The games ARE getting easier, but it has little to do with trainer's levels, pokémon or movesets.
They're getting easier because as more games are released, they have to introduce new things. These new options given to the player are rarely used by NPC trainers because, since they're optional (and overwhelming for newcomers), would make the game really hard for those who don't use them. People like to point out at Mega Evolution, Easy Legendaries and Exp.Share from Gen6 but each previous Gen has been making things easier and easier for the players that DO know how to use them.
As an example, I've been playing since Gen1 but for my GF, ORAS was the first Pokémon game she beated.
During my ORAS run, I knew how to use held items (Gen2), was sometimes selective with abilities (Gen3), my movesets were always according to the Pokémon highest attacking stat (Gen4) made use of unlimited TMs (Gen5) etc and on top of it all, I already knew the typings and match-ups of most Pokémon and had a balanced team all around. My GF, being ORAS her first Pokémon game, knew little of those things and built a team mostly of Pokémon she liked, without held items nor optimal movesets. Of course the game would be easier for me than before, when I didn't have those options. But for her, it was overwhelming to learn so many mechanics at once. I've been learning them Gen by Gen, for almost 20 years now. As a result, she found ORAS challenging while it was relatively easy for me, despite playing it as a Nuzlocke run, with Exp. share off, no legends and "Set" style.
If the games were tailored for us fans that have been playing for years, know the mechanics, typings, matchups etc by heart and know and use every option given to us, the games would be impossible for the rest (and the vast majority). A difficulty setting would be welcome but us fans can, at least, make optional challenges (like the Nuzlocke challenge) if we feel things are too easy for us.
>>
>>26855027
Going to the power plant to catch zapdos was easy though.
>>
>>26855011
I think it's insulting they actively got rid of the mechianic stopping you from getting over leveled, which I was even without the exp share.

Also you are supposed to be under leveled against blue, but fucking Silver in GS has a better team, what's your argument there? A game 15 years ago
>>
>>26855063
>complaining about people not turning off Exp share

>Says it easy to get zapdos, when there's no hint of it being anywhere in a small place before a cave using HM's to get there and going through a dungeon, then wasting your masterball

RED AND BLUE WERE SO EASY GUYS
>>
>>26854003
>It's not optional it's handed to you
It's still optional because you don't HAVE to use Megas or the Exp Share.
>>
>>26855033
10/10

X and Y are better at introducing players than ORAS too
>>
>>26855085
It's still piss a shy without that shit
>>
Exp share ruined Gen 6. With it, it feels you're just mindlessly sweeping through the game with no effort. And without it it feels like you're handicapping yourself and playing the game like it wasn't meant to be played.
>>
>>26853937
>forgetting the 8th Kalos gym leader only has 3
>>
>>26855083
>Using Master Ball on zapdos
u wot
>>
>>26854230
Just like now faggot
Kids don't care about your competitive battling
>>
File: gen5 strongest trainer.png (12KB, 370x303px) Image search: [Google]
gen5 strongest trainer.png
12KB, 370x303px
>>26854934
>>
>>26855117
Who cares? Ehy do people keep bringing up thr njmber of Pokemon? What difference does that make? Having one more dummy to knock over didnt make it more difficult.
>>
>>26855121
They said catching zapdos was easy, and with a catch rate of 3, I dont see how else it's easy
>>
>>26855065
Do you have shit self esteem or something? Who the fuck gets insulted by a children's video game?

There was never a mechanic like that. In early gens you could grind. You're not 'supposed' to be underleveled for the rival fight. They just purposely made the game easy because it's for kids.

Silver has full move sets I guess but what makes him challenging? He's even lower leveled than Blue and same level as Serena.

The age of the game also doesn't mean much. There's no rule saying the series has to get 'harder' as it goes. They didn't make the game easy because of limits, they made it easy for kids. Hence kids complaining when they tried hiking the difficulty of Platinum.
>>
>>26855151
Wait... You're honestly making the argument that catch rate is increased difficulty? Really and truly?
>>
>>26855131
? That's Unova...? I'm talking X and Y

And there's a lot of stronger people
>>
What most of you seem to not be getting is that Gen 1 was hard because of its shitty mechanics. That, and the rival/E4. Gen 1 was one of the hardest generations of Pokemon, bar none. Particularly Yellow. Anyone who doesn't think so is too young to have ever played it, and needs to gtfo.

Or at least buy the fucking ports to the 3DS so you don't reveal your underaged faggotry as easily. Jesus.
>>
>>26855159
Strongest person in XY is the Grand Duchess with a team of 4 level 80s.
>>
>>26853969
I just played X and I was only one or two levels above the elite 4

>>26855107
I'm going to assume you meant piss easy

>Gen 6 has highest levels for gyms and elite 4 to accomodate for EXP share
>Turn EXP share off
>Somehow still "too easy"
>>
>>26855153
>Gen 5's exp system

It's pretty obvious you didn't play it
>>
>>26855171
It's almost like being higher leveled doesn't make it harder. Whoever even brought up levels should just end their lives because that is a dumbass argument, especially for a human player against an NPC.
>>
>>26855158
Read >>26855063 , >>26855083, and zapdos has a catch rate of 3

It's not fucking simple without a masterball
>>
>>26855163
I did play them and I had a much easier time than I did with XY, I'm not saying everyone had to have that same experience but the two are at minimum comparable in difficulty
>>
>>26855168
>captivate
>stored power
>mega gardevoir
4 pokemon
>>
>>26855183
>Levels are literally the difficulty curve of the game
>Dumbass argument
>Kill yourself
>>
>>26855185
It is simple. There is no skill-testing aspect beyond buying a lot of Pokeballs of a low catch rate. I can't believe someone is legitimately making this argument
>>
>>26854361
Gen 4 was different
random trainers sometimes had moves their Pokemon wouldn't be able to know on that Level
And Cyrus uses Ice Punch Sneasel/Weavie for example, a move that Pokemon can only get through breeding
>>
>>26855222
They really don't matter beyond drastic differences of like 10+ levels.
>>
>>26855174
>Audino
>gifted lucky egg

What about it?
>>
>>26855185
>>26855185
Zygarde is found assdeep in a cave thats a pain in the ass to navigate and only a specific exit will lead to his chamber and has a catch rate of 3 and a BST higher than Zapdos as well as a better movepool that isnt cockblocked by being ground-type. Zygarde can, not a lot, but still deal damage to even togekiss.

On top of that, you know who you had to chase down in a minimum of 5 encounters then sail across an ocean just to try to catch?
Zapdos.
>>
>>26855234
.....? You have to actually travel to get there? To a hidden place. Spend money. Make sure you weaken it enough, keep it status, and rely on RNG. That's not an easy legendary compared to XY/ORAS
>>
>>26855251
You can't get overleveled, you get less exp then, and that shits for bring up wild pokemon
>>
>>26855131
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Iris#Rematch_.28Challenge_Mode.29

What a retard >>26855168
>>
>>26855268
Are you shitting me right now. I can AT LEAST grant you finding the power plant as though very many people legitimately played this game without knowing absolutely anything and had NO IDEA where to find Zapdos whether they found out through strategy guides or friends or whatever. But buying Pokeballs and catching a Pokemon is not testing your fucking skills. stop fucking deluding yourself and is therefore not a challenge in any meaningful way. It's like calling playing the lottery challenging.
>>
>>26855254
>drill peck

Also as a ground type very few had access to any rock moves then. Also zapdos also has 3 as a catch rate
>>
>>26855301
It's not skill it's tedious, that doesn't mean it's easy.

You're calling it an easy experience. Unlike the fucking box legend of X and Y
>>
>>26855209
That's a lie, and a stupid one. If you played X&Y and didn't go out of your way to make it harder (nuzlocke, turning off EXP share, swapping out team members all the time, etc) then you are guaranteed to be incredibly over leveled. It's fact.
>>
>>26855312
>Also zapdos also has 3 as a catch rate
And so does Zygarde.
>>
>>26855331
I played through the game, with Exp share on when i needed it and I never really rotated, and I even played through the Chateau a lot hitting Grand Duchess before reaching the Elite 4.

I was in the upper 50s at best, well below the Champion
>>
>>26855343
Yes it does but I can quote you saying it's special unlike zapdos

>a catch rate of 3 and a BST higher than Zapdo
>>
>>26855356
That's a lie and you know it
>>
File: Gen 6 vs Gen 5.png (356KB, 1001x473px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 6 vs Gen 5.png
356KB, 1001x473px
>>26855168
>>26855297
Here a visual comparison of the strongest trainers of the last two generations
>>
>>26855391
Those are just level up moves for Diantha.....

I didn't know they were that bad
>>
>>26853937
Yes, because you also had a shit movepool in gen 1, as well as limited inventory space, and the bosses were always much higher level than you. People shit on Blue but he was up to 20 levels higher if you didn't grind to shit.
>>
>>26855331
Why is 'going out of your way' the new phrase to describe playing the game? Maybe if you tried not limiting yourself and blaming the game for it you'd have more fun.

A lot of people also seem to forget that Amie increases the amount of exp that pokemon gets. All you need is two hearts. So if you never bother with grinding Amie you won't get the extra exp. Same goes for catching. If you like catching a ton of pokemon and never swap teammates you'll gain a ton of experience.

I swapped around like 15 pokemon through OR and had fun with it. There's so many pokemon now, it's nice having the option to use more than six without grinding.
>>
>>26855391
I like when that faggot gets beat in a certain argument, just backtracks to a different one
>>
File: Wally rematch.png (153KB, 790x667px) Image search: [Google]
Wally rematch.png
153KB, 790x667px
>>26855391
Is Diantha truly Gen 6's strongest trainer tho?
>>
>>26855427
She's X and Y's and Iris also shits on wally level wise
>>
>>26855427
We can compare the second strongest trainers too Colress and Diantha?

Or if we want Zenga who only has 3 Pokemon
>>
>>26855441
That Iris is from BW2 tho, not base BW, so an ORAS comparison should be ok.
Also, Iris may be a bit higher level wise, but Wally's is stronger IMO thanks to a more diverse, robust team. He even went full Smogon with Bravest Bird and Huge Power Azumarril.
>>
File: 1466793566805[1].png (611KB, 780x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466793566805[1].png
611KB, 780x720px
Sure is summer ;)
>>
>>26854192
Limitations my ass, GF was just being lazy. There is evidence that some gym leaders and elite four members using moves not normally found in a Pokemon's level up move set so there really is no good reason why most of them had mons that had the past four moves from level up?, incomplete move slots, or even downright impossible to obtain moves. They have always been terrible with coding and if it wasn't for Pokemon, they certainly would have gone under long ago.
>>
File: Gen VI vs Gen V.png (409KB, 1129x473px) Image search: [Google]
Gen VI vs Gen V.png
409KB, 1129x473px
>>26855427
Point taken. Here the update
>>
>>26855469
>>26855488
Alder's the strong BW trainer btw

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Alder
>>
>>26855427
To be fair in order to get that battle you need to have done much more
>>
>>26855391
Aren't these gen 5's most competent trainers?
>>
>>26855533
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Champions_Tournament
>>
File: BW vs XY.png (335KB, 1010x470px) Image search: [Google]
BW vs XY.png
335KB, 1010x470px
>>26855496
I'm getting tired of doing these, I hope we are done and everyone is satisfied
>>
who got
>>26855555

I swear to god if it was a furfag
>>
>>26853969
>using the experience share/Lucky egg
>>
File: magmar anime.png (147KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
magmar anime.png
147KB, 400x300px
>Blaine doesn't have a Magmar

I feel like I've been lied to at some point because until now I've thought for sure that it was like his signature Pokemon

When the hell did I start remembering wrong
>>
>>26855582
You literally posted the reason why as your image. A lot of us watched that episode of the anime and it was one of the best ones for what it was. It's very memorable. Blaine's main Pokmon in the games has always been Arcanine iirc. I assume the reason they gave him Magmar in thr anime was as a counterpart to Charizard since they have similar build and abilities and such.
>>
>j-just dont do the thing that makes the game easier!
>hurr arbitrarily shoot yourself in the foot because reasons!

You retards realize that no game is EVER harder than any other game by this logic right? It's incredible how gen 6 fanboys cant admit the newer games are easier when the fucking devs can even admit it.
>>
>>26855565
Gods work anon, we really got him to shut up
>>
>>26855565
Alder's team might not be great, but he's the first champion to show affection for bugs, and I like him for that.
>>
>>26855565
You know, people complained about random Pokemon on Diantha's team, but Pretty much nothing on Alder's team feels right except for the Volcarona and MAYBE the trade bugs. Why the hell does he have Vanilluxe
>>
>>26855799
This

But he doesn't use the best bugs
>>
>>26855857
His team would have benefited from a galvantula and maybe a durant.
>>
>>26855027
>these pokemon 10 levels lower than my team
?
>>
>>26855698
>>j-just dont do the thing that makes the game easier!
>>hurr arbitrarily shoot yourself in the foot because reasons!
So gen 1 is the easiest because i can trade a lv100 immediately.
>>
>>26853969
Took on elite four on my red playthrough after just waking up from playing the night before. Seriously didnt prepare at all. Had one elixir and ran through the whole thing with only the ice leader giving me trouble. Maybe it was my team, which was all at least 7 levels below any of the opponents

>blastoise
>exeggutor
>arcanine
>magneton
>primeape
>dodrio
>>
>>26856054
Anon, you don't make the game easier by turning it on. You have to make the game harder by turning it off.
>>
>>26856189
The problem is you have to TAKE ACTION by making the game harder

Where it should be the other way around
>>
File: Blaine_Rhydon.png (3MB, 1435x1968px) Image search: [Google]
Blaine_Rhydon.png
3MB, 1435x1968px
>>26855632
Or just chalk it up to Original Series shenanigans, they did also gave him a fucking Rhydon for no adequately explained reason.
>>
>>26856230
>attack the horn

Ash's Pikachu has defeated that, but lost too a peliper
>>
>>26856217
No, that makes no logical sense. Games need to help the person having trouble, not the person who desires more challenge. Why the fuck would it work the opposite way? The reasonable assumption is that the person who wants a greater challenge is familiar with the game and it's intricacies and it would be more intuitive for that person to figure out how to do so than the idiot whos having a a hard time in a Pokemon game.
>>
>>26855632
I figure it was because Arcanine was fucking huge, and they couldn't really do the whole Seismic Toss thing with it well.
That mixed with them not knowing where else to put a Magmar in the series. An Arcanine already showed up in that Officer Jenny episode, I believe.
>>
>>26856251
I think I did word that wrong. There should always be help for the player, but that help shouldn't be on by default. While having an option to make the game harder too. The exp all starts switch on, they don't say, "if you need help getting stronger, don't forget to turn it on!" No, it's automatically on, that's everyone's problem, then assuming everyone needs help
>>
File: ep042a.png (999KB, 1199x900px) Image search: [Google]
ep042a.png
999KB, 1199x900px
>>26856257
Couldve put Magmar in that episode with the two rival gangs one with an Electabuzz the other with a Scyther, just replace the Scyther with Magmar. It'd make sense seeing as Electabuzz and Magmar have that whole counterpart thing going on.
>>
>>26856288
Ah, shit, good point. I forgot that episode, I actually really liked that one too.

I'll sick with "Arcenine was too big to Seismic Toss" then.
>>
>>26856288
>Scyther
>Electabuzz

Why?

They got triggered by red right? What if magmar got triggered by yellow
>>
>>26856257
Gary Oak also used an Arcanine.
>>
>>26853969

The Kanto E4 is far tougher in the remakes since they have better A.I and movesets plus you can't exploit bugs so easily.
>>
>>26856373
They even levels down Blue iirc, only by a bit
>>
File: giovanni (yellow).png (57KB, 784x581px) Image search: [Google]
giovanni (yellow).png
57KB, 784x581px
>>26853937
Can you Gen 6 apologists bring up anything but Red and Blue when you try your "Pokémon was always exactly as easy as it currently is!" argument?

Fuck, even Yellow is a huge improvement (for the most part; some NPCs like Surge and Blaine were given worse teams to better match the Ashnime).
>>
>>26854385
Pryce is underpowered because Johto is nonlinear, they made him weaker in case players fought him as the fifth Gym Leader.
>>
File: 1466794788755.jpg (76KB, 365x536px) Image search: [Google]
1466794788755.jpg
76KB, 365x536px
>>26855356
>with Exp share on when i needed it
>when i needed it
>>
>>26855131
This guy actually defeated me in White.

I don't think I had previously had a trainer faint a pokemon, much less lose a battle, in 5 years when that happened. Fucking astounding.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.