[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things Pokémon players say that anger you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault[1].jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
28KB, 480x360px
"I would've loved a Grass/Fire type instead...."
"I wish Gourgeist was a special attacker...."

God I hate all of you.
>>
>>26850760
>"I wish Gourgeist was a special attacker...."
You have to admit Gourgeist has an oddly comprehensive special movepool for a newer Pokemon, let alone one with low special attack

>Steel/Dragon Mega Hydreigon
>>
File: 1466374381016.png (21KB, 206x216px) Image search: [Google]
1466374381016.png
21KB, 206x216px
>>26850789
>he doesn't want mecha king hydreigon
>>
>>26850789
I will relinquish that it would've been kind of cool if the smaller speedy versions of Gourgeist had higher special attack than attack. Seems much more suited to physical attacker to me though, although it is a shame it can't put that Flamethrower to good use.
>>
>>26850760
Grass/ghost mega with flash fire when
>>
>>26850800
It's technically incorrect since Hydreigon is Dark before Dragon. If it gained Steel, it would be Dark/Steel

>>26850810
I would like this
>>
File: Gourgeist.png (387KB, 707x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Gourgeist.png
387KB, 707x1131px
>>26850760
Shut up faggot, it SHOULD have been a Special Attacker or they should've at least made it so the Small was a Special Attacker, the Average a Mixed Attacker and the Super a Physical Attacker
It should've also gotten Flare Boost as its Ability, Jack-O-Lanterns are supposed to be lit up and shit and all of its abilities suck dick, maybe Guts for the Physical one but that sounds retarded thematically
>>
>>26851390
you sound retarded thematically

sorry if I hurt your feelings with my sick burnsflare boost is a great ideapickup and frisk should stay on it for...retarded thematic reasons. pickpocket could work instead of one of them I guessI love you
>>
does gourgeist has puss puss?
>>
>>26850760

Pokémon story suck.
>>
>>26850760
"Fairy type ruined the game" - every kid with Dragons
>>
>>26850760
>>26851390
Gourgeist as a special attacker with Flare Boost would be great and give it a real niche, instead of that useless size gimmick( all forms are outclassed)
>>
>>26851459
I don't mind its inclusion, but I think they handled it poorly. They made it prey on the strong and common types and weak to types that never seem to show up - which in theory is really good. But what it actually does is it means that the current good pokemon stay good, and the current bad pokemon are still bad, but the good pokemon use weird coverage moves to hit the new overpowered pokemon.
>>
>>26850800
Not him, but I dont. If there's another pokemon designed like that, sure, but that's not what Hydreigon is.
>>
>>26851588
This. Garchomp did not give a fuck when faries showed up. Iron Head and Poison Jab were already there for it, and Garchomp does not hurt for moveslots.
>>
>>26851598
>Hydreigon was literally designed after a tank.
>>
>>26851618
No, it literally wasn't.

A design before was that didn't work out. Hydreigon was literally designed after Yamata no Orochi. The same interview you're referencing specifies that fact.
>>
>>26851624
And they left the tread design by accident, right?
>>
>>26851635
Again, the interview you're referencing explains that it was a reference to that failed alpha design. An artifact of a past design doesn't somehow encompass the point of it.

Besides especially when the literal dude who made it specifically said otherwise.
>>
>>26850990
>>26851598
it's the principle of it you unbelievable buffoons.

mecha-king-ghidreigon should exist if only for the gag
>>
>>26851675
No shit. Doesn't mean its not a lame idea.
>>
"Has anyone ever thought about how good Noivern would be with Aerilate?"
Yes, we literally all have, you're not original.
>>
>>26851681
explain how it's lame and not tubular
>>
>>26851731
Because there's nothing more annoying in pokemon than a design or concept going one way, and then pulling a 180 into a different direction last minute. It's a big reason why people hate on Dragonite and Samurott so much, they totally take a design trajectory in a different direction last minute, and it's off putting and frustration due to wasted potential.

>Hydreigon isn't based off of King Ghidorah. It's similarities end at "it's a dragon with three heads".. even the body structure is totally different.

>Hydreigon already has an interesting concept going for it, which a mega could further expand in a different way.

>Slapping Steel onto it for any balance reasons is just lazy, and again, subverting potential. Dark/Dragon is a great typing, just requiring better speed with it's build to pull off. Not to mention that type of thinking is bad for the metagame.

If they want to go for the whole Ghidorah reference and/or mecha dragon reference on a pokemon built from it initially, then go for it, that sounds cool. But there's no reason to do it aside from fans making a connection.
>>
>>26851766
now explain why i shouldn't just kill myself right now
>>
>>26851774
because you used the word tubular, and I thought that was funny
>>
>>26851675
Maybe I'm high, but isn't Hydreigon's Weabonese name actually something like SazenDORA?
>>
>>26851813
it is.
>>
Replacing God in phrases with Arceus
>>
>>26851813
It is, but that comes from DORAgon, not GhiDORAH.
>>
>>26851804
i live to see another day
>>
>>26851825
this is awful, makes me cringe every time i see it
>>
>>26851766
I actually do like Dragonite and Samurott quite a lot, and it hurts to see people shit on their designs at all, even if they make look different from their predesecors.
>>
>>26851861
Yeah, I mean, I'm not particularly against them as pokemon or their designs, I just dont like the principle of robbing the potential of another for that reason.

For instance if Dragonair continued on a normal evolution path, and Dragonite was the end to an entirely different line and/or just it's own thing, I'd love it so much more.

It's different if subverting expectations is the point of the line, line with Gyarados or Milotic, but I don't think that's the case with Samurott and Dragonite.
>>
"not competetive viable means a pokemon is shit"
" * type is the worst type"
* - any type that isn't ground.
>>26851825
you meant the other way around? no? godammit vp.
>>
>>26851889
>"not competetive viable means a pokemon is shit"

Agreed. I'll take it a step further and say

>If a pokemon's not at the top of OU, it's shit

Seriously, there's so many fucking OU viable things that people on /vp/ legitimately think are shitmon. It's dumb as fuck.
>>
>>26851899
Even then, it isn't a bad thing to play lower tiers. Sometimes low tier play can be an enjoyable time.
>>
>>26851969
That's a good point too.

Not everything needs to be, or can be OU material. Having things solid for lower tiers is nice for those metagames.
Not to mention, thematically it makes sense. Not every animal is equally capable, so why would pokemon be?
>>
>>26851889
>" * type is the worst type"
>* - any type that isn't ground.
This angered me.
>>
>>26851834
Ah, well then. Shame on me for assuming the H was for funzies.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.