[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there no Hidden Power Fairy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

>>
because four bits can only store 16 distinct values
>>
>>26847706
There is. It's just hidden.
>>
>>26847706
cause youre the hidden fairy
>>
>>26847706
It's because of how GF programmed each Pokemon. Each Pokemon have values programmed in them that determines which hidden power they get (and some other shit) but it only covers the 17 types pre-gen6.
GF could've remedied this in gen6 by messing around with the values slightly, but like a bunch of faggots, they didn't.
Now there is no way to get HP-fairy because they fucked it all up and are a bunch of retards
>>
>>26847748
Pretty much this. Also HP was introduced before Fairy so they didn't think ahead.
>>
>>26847706
Fairy was a mistake
>>
>>26847819
>but it only covers the 17 types pre-gen6.
it doesnt do normal type
>>
>>26847706
Fairy types are faggots that came out of the closet so there is nothing hidden about them anymore
>>
>>26847834
I'm sorry I didn't realise you were gonna come in here and be a faggot like that wow anon you're so fucking cool I hope you die in a goddamn fire you fucking cunt Jesus Christ
>>
>>26847706
Game Freak was too lazy to change the Hidden Power structure in Gen 6.

>>26847748
Even in Gen 2 (the only Gen where the hardware was small enough that every byte saved mattered) it read from the type list, which had 28 values (counting the Bird-type and the nine unused copies of the Normal-type). It did skip those unused values as well as the Normal-type, but there's no 4-bit list of types it checks for Hidden Power, it just goes through the normal type list and skips the types it doesn't want to give you.

You could add the Fairy-type to the list and not have it skip over and it would move all the values around but it would still function perfectly.
>>
>>26847706
Why is their no hidden power water?
>>
File: 1457038054674.png (90KB, 254x254px) Image search: [Google]
1457038054674.png
90KB, 254x254px
>>26847876
>gives wrong trivia
>gets right number
>acts like a red pussy
>/vp/'s cancerous base in a nutshell
>>
>>26847897
There is. The list was too long for a screenshot
>>
They could easily fix it by removing IVs from hidden power completely. Make a random npc that allows you to choose a hidden power type and it adds a little line of code to change the typing. Hidden power defaults to normal type until changed. Tada the breeding system is less shit and you can change hidden power instead of having to make a new mon completely.
>>
>>26847886
DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS

I'm wrong here, if you added a Fairy-type to the type list it would still only check from Fighting (the second used type on the list) to Dark (the seventeenth used type on the list). If the calculations for the Hidden Power somehow reached 16, it would use the Fairy-type, but the highest it can reach is 15, so it would never come up.

My apologies for spreading misinformation.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 320x320px
Because you're either born fairy or you're not
>>
If you want a fairy move use a fairy pokemon :)
>>
File: 1464934331526.jpg (36KB, 364x275px) Image search: [Google]
1464934331526.jpg
36KB, 364x275px
>>26847913
>Legitimately thinks anon was being serious
>>
>>26847975
>I was only pretending to be retarded!
And there it is.
>>
>>26847988
>I
>>
>>26847991
Yes, you. Now you're trying to pretend you're someone else so you can shift the blame.
>>
>>26847819
Could they drop Normal HP for Fairy? It's kind of pointless anyway.
>>
>>26848030
I was never pretending to be anyone else. Go back and read, you kike
>>
>>26847924
Get a bigger screen, or install Abduction.
>>
And what if they just stored a new number instead
>if they dropped IVs thay'd spare 5 ints
>inb4 it would be even harden to breed, like if it's not hard enough to breed for HP
>>
>>26848071
You know you want a reason to keep going now that they made pentaperfect reachable by the unwashed masses.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.