[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a japanese friend (who likes pokemon alot) told me that "the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: sun-moon-169-en.jpg (53KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
sun-moon-169-en.jpg
53KB, 578x327px
So a japanese friend (who likes pokemon alot) told me that "the western title font and styling of the word 'Pokemon' is childish and its really dumb that they wont change it".
Would it be better or for worse if it was changed?
>>
I think it would be better if they had changed it earlier on like the Japanese games have

But now its a brand recognizability thing.
>>
>>26847234
It'd be harder to identify if the logo was different, so this way keeps people able to recognize the brand. Which increases sales.
>>
>>26847244
pretty much this
I wish they would at least change the color or something to match.
>>
the colored background on the S/M logo helps a lot, but it still sucks
>>
I do agree the 90s style font feels out of place/touch today, but I don't think it needs to change. It's very iconic and marketable.

It's like the logos of Disney and Coca Cola.
>>
>>26847265
Coca-Cola and Disney are timeless logos (whether they were designed to be or not, who knows, though). Pokemon's logo is a product of the times. So there is a difference but it's not a science, so. It's kind of like the difference between Pepsi and Coke's logos.
>>
>>26847234
Just look at the edits people did here, where the Pokemon word is colored to reflect the Sun or Moon word. Even that was enough to make it better.
>>
>>26847318
Do you have any examples on you?
I must've missed that thread.
>>
The font in a children's game is childish, who would have guessed
>>
>>26847332
Here's one I found on Google.
>>
File: NU8aEuRh.jpg (220KB, 1024x910px) Image search: [Google]
NU8aEuRh.jpg
220KB, 1024x910px
>>26847513
And another.
>>
>>26847513
>>26847521
Considering Nintendo could produce this idea in a very high quality matter, its a shame to see they dont.
>>
>>26847521
...these are terrible from a design standpoint
What is wth all the extra crap tacked onto the word Pokemon? Too busy.
>>
Well, he's right. It looks childish and lame but on the upper hand, their logos usually look like a seizure inducing clusterfuck.
No middle ground here.
>>
>>26847521
Tried way too hard to copy the Japanese titles
Especially for BW/BW2
>>
It stays the same because brand recognization is big here in the US and logos changing enrage people more than any political upset

Also Pokemon's for kids anyways, no wonder its logo is childish
>>
>>26848248
But kids can like cooler designs. And I hardly think the logo is the main reason kids stick to pokemon. Its a bit of a different culture, but it works in japan. Nintendo must just be THAT scared of CHANGE
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.