[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I lost interest in Pokemon a decade ago, but I have a friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: pokemyass.jpg (104KB, 630x402px) Image search: [Google]
pokemyass.jpg
104KB, 630x402px
I lost interest in Pokemon a decade ago, but I have a friend who still plays. We're 28 years old. He's convinced that kids aren't playing Pokemon anymore and that the fans are mostly our age. He always complains about other players doing things that I'd fully expect children to do, but he insists that they're our age.

Is he delusional or am I missing something? I really don't think he's correct about this.
>>
Tell him to grow up.
>>
you're asking a group of people with perhaps the largest confirmation bias possible on the subject
>>
>>26840440
Pokemon does have a tendency to attract weirdos, who go and make a bad name for the more normal fans.

Don't take my or anyone else's word for it. Try it for yourself. Grabbing a DS and Black or White should run like, 50 bucks combined.
>>
The 'fan' community in Pokemon consists of mostly 20-30 year olds, in my experience. Children definitely do play Pokemon these days, and lots of them. I have a 9 year old little sister and most of her friends have a 3DS and have either OR/AS or X/Y. You don't 'see' the child population playing Pokemon because they're not in insulated communities such as /vp/ or leddit.
>>
Something like 30%+ are minors while the rest are above that so he's kinda right, kids do play but the majority is in his favor.
>>
>>26840878
Source on that statistic?
>>
High school teacher here. In my credential program, no less than 30% of us played pokemon, though I was the only one to do so with competitive IV/EV training. At my last school, I would have maybe 2 kids per class who played routinely, though I had kids come in during lunch to battle me frequently. Only one kid managed to beat me, but I know for a for a fact that he goes to tournaments and posts on /vp/
>>
Primary school teacher here. Out of my 23 students aged 6-8, only about 3 appear to be fans of the series. Most of the boys like CoD, GTA and Halo.
>>
>>26840440
>He always complains about other players doing things that I'd fully expect children to do, but he insists that they're our age.
Being retarded is not exclusive to children, so in that way he's right.
>>
>>26840440

There are tons of children who play it, as well as tons of adults, so technically you're both correct.
>>
>>26840440
well he isn't completly wrong. sure many kids play pokemon casually, and many of those who enjoyed pokemon as young stopped caring as theey grew up
but of those that stayed, those that grew up on it, the precetage of those who take pokemon seriously is very high. you are more likely to get an adult on competative battling than a child, but we are young in spirit so our actions match. just see showderp.
>>
i would say there are more people above 18 who play it than people below 18 who do
>>
>>26841991

...Those kids are way too young to be playing those games.
>>
>>26841991
>6-8
>playing gta
parents.

>>>/wsg/1148824
>>
>>26841991

I had really lax parents as a kid, and I doubt even they would have let me play Grand Theft Auto at age 6-8.

As for the topic, I think kids still make up the majority of the fanbase. People tend to think Pokémon and Friendship Is Magic have a way higher percentage of adult fans than they actually do, because it's teenagers and adults that post about it on the Internet.
>>
>>26840440
At an anime convention this year I wifi battled a 10 year old girl dressed in a Mew costume. She was there with her dad, it was the cutest thing ever. Afterwards we traded Pokemon, I wanted to trade her my spare Mew but it was in Bank at the time. I still have the Pichu she gave me.

So yeah, kids atill play.
>>
>>26840440
You are only allowed to play pokemon if you are 10 and under. No exceptions. The Nintendo police have been warned.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.