[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder to boycott SuMo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10

File: download.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
From an interview with GF on sumo

>Game Informer: "Many players of X/Y and OR/AS criticized that the games were too easy and offered no challenge. Will Sun and Moon be different in this matter?"
>JM: "When we make games, we think of who will play them. Of course there are the older fans who know Pokémon very well, but there are also many children who play Pokémon for the first or second time. It's important to make the games appealing to those too, so we make sure that everyone can at least progress to the Elite 4 and beat the champion."
>SO: "If players want to seek a real challenge, they can play against their friends or online against real persons. There's also a new feature called "Battle Royal" we introduced, so I hope people will try that out too!"

>in before people call fake
Theres another thread with people genuinely worried because of this quote. It's real, so abandon ship while you can.
>>
All they fucking need to do is add a Hard Mode option like B2/W2 and everyone is happy.
>>
Fuck off.
>>
>difficultyfags will never stop being blown the fuck out
>>
>>26833298
>SuMo
I don't believe this fucking interview without a source. Why would JM already give interviews that early on S/M?
>>
>>26833298
>sumo
Stopped reading there.
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>26833298
>"how dare they not make this children's game challenging for us man- children!"
There are ways to make the game challenging if you really want to. Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>26833298
>Theres another thread with people genuinely worried because of this quote. It's real, so abandon ship while you can.
That thread didn't provide source either, fuckface.
>>
>>26833298
Gen 1 and 2 were pretty challenging at times, even Gen 3 was. Lots of kids played those back in the day.
Why does it need to be so fucking easy nowadays?
>>
>>26833298
Pokemon are easier because you grew up.
>>
File: 1443655187008.jpg (172KB, 1000x810px) Image search: [Google]
1443655187008.jpg
172KB, 1000x810px
>>26833298
>SuMo
>fake interview
>>
>>26833298
>>in before people call fake
>Theres another thread with people genuinely worried because of this quote. It's real, so abandon ship while you can.

I was in that thread. It's 50% bitching because it sounds real, and 50% people shouting that there's no fucking source.

It's believable, and I expect them to think this, but it's still a fake quote. Fuck off.
>>
>>26833326
That fact that people are worried is enough of a source

>>26833331
Because pokemon used to have a soul
>>
File: 183.jpg (65KB, 680x666px) Image search: [Google]
183.jpg
65KB, 680x666px
>>26833333
CHECKED QUINTS
>>
>>26833346
You're a retarded faggot. Source: me. Shared by all this thread, so it's a valid source too.
>>
File: 1462933028939.jpg (132KB, 652x573px) Image search: [Google]
1462933028939.jpg
132KB, 652x573px
>>26833346
>That fact that people are worried is enough of a source
Not really. Post a source or admit to be a shitposter
>>
>>26833333
Excellent digits friend
>>
>>26833346
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Y0dTNH7Ns
>>
>>26833333
This is bullshit. I made it a point not to battle a single wild Pokemon in ORAS, and turned off the exp share as soon as I got it, and I was still always several levels higher than gym leaders. Also, catching legendaries used to take at least 20 balls in RSE, but I caught rayquaza with 3 ultra balls and Deoxys with literally 1.
>>
>>26833298
>boycott
can't wait to see your face when everyone gets their copy and you will be crying in a corner
>>
>>26833333
Supreme digits.
>>
>>26833362
Sure, sure.
>>
>>26833298
Is this a new meme. Are we going to have multiple threads of this shit.
>>
>>26833362
wild pokemon don't give enough experience points to make a difference. They never did. It's the trainer battles that make you a higher level. In other words, you simply played the game exactly as you would an older one, except with the experience of growing up.

As for catching legendaries with 1-3 balls, damn that's some luck you got. When I played ORAS legendaries still took up to around 50 ultra balls from me. And that's not counting the resets.
>>
>>26833298
But I don't wanna boycott SuMo. Might as well boycott the DiPePlt remakes instead, or those potential ReBuYe remakes that might come our way. After the RuSa and OmRuAlSa fiasco, we can't expect much from remakes anymore. Call me a purist, but GoSiCr had the best remakes in the whole series, HeGoSoSi.
>>
>>26833380
Nice argument retard.
>>
>>26833333

This.

Is the series slightly easier these days? Yeah, probably. But you're older, smarter, and more experienced playing these games. Of course you'd have an easier time with each successive game, regardless of whether the games themselves are actually easier or not.
>>
>>26833298
...Even though it was proven in said other thread to be fake.
>>
>>26833410
>Call me a purist, but GoSiCr had the best remakes in the whole series, HeGoSoSi.

Those were good, but I still have a soft spot for FiReLeGr.
>>
>>26833298
Pokemon is literally for children mainly. It was never hard and never will be hard, if you really want a difficult pokemon game, make one with hacking or essentials. Otherwise, there's always the online and apparently the new Battle Royal, whatever that is.
>>
>>26833412
Posting imaginary things isn't an argument either.
>>
>>26833298
Its a pokemon game nothing will stop us all buying it so stop bitching also SuMo
>>
>>26833362
I thought you were talking bullshit with those legendary capture rates, but that actually seems about right.

Doubters, check http://www.dragonflycave.com/gen6capturecalc.aspx and compare to http://www.dragonflycave.com/gen4capturecalc.aspx
>>
Fuck off and good riddance.

The games don't cater to ungrateful, entitled cunts like you.
>>
>>26833333
Quints of Truth
>>
File: 1465960073710.jpg (22KB, 599x335px) Image search: [Google]
1465960073710.jpg
22KB, 599x335px
>>26833298
>sumo
>>
>>26833406
>>26833457

That's because those legendaries are plot-related. You can't move on without capturing them. It's not a "reward" for putting in the effort to capture them, it's necessary to advance in the game. It's been that way for plot-required captures since Gen V.

And I don't have a problem with this. It only affects mandatory captures (and Deoxys, I guess). Legendaries that aren't required to advance the plot still maintain their low catch rates.
>>
>>26833440
See
>>26833457
Also, BTFO
>>
>>26833511
What do i have to see? That post from before is an imaginary thing. I didn't experience it. I was always underleveled and on all legendaries wasted way more balls than i should have.
>>
>>26833511
you do know that calculator also applies to gen V right
>>
>>26833535
>"that never happened because I didn't experience it directly"
>not having a mon with false swipe and hypnosis
WEW LAD
>>
>>26833501
>plot-related captures are easier
so I wasted that masterball on deoxys then
>>
>>26833548
What's your point? The thread is about how newer games are easier.
>>
>>26833566

You wasted your Master Ball if you used it on anything other than a running/exploding shiny.
>>
>>26833566
You can just kill Deoxys and catch it in the post-game whenever you want
>>
>>26833564
>this happened because i experienced it directly everyone should feel what i feel
>actually using the waste of a move that is false swipe and using hypnosis instead of spore
>>
>>26833593
>>26833580
so I REALLY wasted that masterball then. Good to know...
>>
>>26833419
I don't think that's the case.
I played platinum for the first time recently (Just got to victory road) And a few of the gyms I had trouble with.
But when it comes to XY I had to handicap myself just to make things "fair"
I only used 3 pokemon per gym, since none of them actually had more than 3 themselves.
And when it came to the E4. I swept them all with my octilery.

The game just needs a hardmode. where gyms actually use full teams. And add rematches.
>>
>>26833665
Platinum is the only difficult game, i wish people would stop using it as if represented the whole series. Just look at Diamond and Pearl, they don't have an ounce of the difficulty Platinum has.
>>
>>26833310
this x a tasty million
>>
>>26833675
I actually never beaten DP because it was so fucking slow. But when I got platinum. I'm having a bit of fun.

What the game needs to appeal to people who want to make things harder.

>Hard mode from the start.
None of this, beat the game to unlock hard mode. That's fucking stupid. It gets easier, because you know what to expect.
>Gym rematches.
Self explanatory. Fighting gyms again makes them more memorable, I honestly can only think of one gym member being remembered this generation, and that's because he was in the anime.
>Give gym leaders full teams of pokemon
Going up against a gym leader, with 2 pokemon, under your level is so anti climactic, when you finish going through there themed gym.
>>
>>26833298
I always choose the game I perceive to be the less popular one In this case, Pokemon Moon and get the grass starter.

I actually want a popplio though, I'll probably trade something for it.
>>
>>26833298
>mfw they removed post-game for good
>>
>>26833734
oh fuck me, wrong thread
>>
File: omurasiu1.jpg (43KB, 814x609px) Image search: [Google]
omurasiu1.jpg
43KB, 814x609px
>>26833410
>OmRuAISa
now im just hungry
>>
>sumo
Death to reddit.
>>
>>26833298
Since pokemon is a game that is really enjoyable to replay more than once (choosing a different starter, ,try out a different team etc.) and given the fact that the bank now exists, i really dont get why they couldnt implement a hard mode unlockable after the first playthrough. it would encourage people to keep playing the game, get better, and use Bank. I dont know shit about programming but i dont think its hard or time consuming to do
>>
>>26833298
Fake and straight
>>
File: Citation Needed.jpg (14KB, 156x166px) Image search: [Google]
Citation Needed.jpg
14KB, 156x166px
>>26833298
>>
File: I CAN'T HANDLE THIS BULLSHIT.gif (1MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
I CAN'T HANDLE THIS BULLSHIT.gif
1MB, 480x272px
>>26833298
>mfw it's another children's gameplay
>>
>>26833314
>>26833298
Where is this from? Its certainly not in the most recent game informer
>>
>>26833433
There's absolutely no reason a hard mode can't be added for older fans who, might I add, make up a very large portion of the fambase and account for a significant amount of sales of the game. Absolutely no reason GF can't cater to all ages of fans other than sheer laziness. Also, it doesn't hurt to be challenged as a young kid once in aehile. Actually forces brain development
>>
>>26833304
>childrens game
>challenging
choose one, please
>>
Why would you be so petty as to boycott a game because it was too easy
>>
>>26834626
The young kid might want to play an actually challenging game instead if he wanted challenge, though. I don't go and ask those who make play-dough to make it harder to reshape because it's too easy right now.
>>
>>26833346
Well, I don't know if the quote is real. People are talking about it. I don't know what's going on, but something is going on. People are talking about it.
>>
File: 2016-06-13-16-24-41-1866907314.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-13-16-24-41-1866907314.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>nostalgia hungry manchildren will continue to think they're Pokemon's main target audience after repeatedly getting btfo again and again

Thank god I only come here to laugh at negligible retards.
>>
File: images-1.png (12KB, 307x164px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.png
12KB, 307x164px
>>26834626
>Also, it doesn't hurt to be challenged as a young kid once in aehile. Actually forces brain development

Maybe mommy should take your gameboy away and see what happens...
>>
>>26833298
Pokemon games have always been dirt easy! If you're suddenly know having a problem with it, then I think you need to find I different game buddy
>>
I don't mind. As someone who recently got back into Pokemon, I don't have the same time I did as a kid to devote. So I can get the same experience with less time.
>>
>>26833298
>Please boycott this game!
Chris chan please...
>>
Where's the fucking source, faggot?
>>
>>26833410
Thank you for pointing out how stupid this sumo thing is. Unfortunately faggot are still gonna use that retarded as fuck acronym.
>>
no source go home
>>
>>26833616
>>26833616
The fuck else were you going to use it on? Nothing? A shiny you're probably not going to run into unless youre specifically looking for it and thus are totally prepared anyway?

>>26833362
Then explain why I never rotated my party and never run away from any battles at all but still reached the Elite 4 in the upper 40s?
the gym leaders were piss easy in ORAS but you know something?
Other than brawly, they were piss easy in Emerald too. I played Emerald 8 years ago, so a lot more recently than most of you, and it was still a fucking joke.
XY was, in all honestly, harder, and Grant was much tougher to beat than even Brawly. It doesnt help of course that I had 2 grass starters and the Bagon, plus flying types so I couldnt beat the dumb Aurorus prevo spamming glaciate boosted moves.

>>26834626
Its not about challenging the kids; its about keeping their attention on one particular colored light when there are literally 50 other colored lights flashing at them
>>
>>26834961
Theyre using it because reddit and I think PokeBeach literally FORCE it via world filters and/or outright banning so that Pokemon isnt associated with S&M. Daily reminder to report anybody who unironically uses SuMo or at least call out their redditfagging
>>
>>26833331
>gen3 was challenging
nice meme, friend :^)
>>
>>26835288
>literally FORCE it via world filters and/or outright banning so that Pokemon isnt associated with S&M

Is that true? That's absolutely absurd.
>>
>>26835306
I dont think they specifically mention the reason why, but I know there are fansites that dont allow SM use.
>>
>>26835306
>>26835288

PokeBeach allows SM and S&M. I activelly discuss TCG there and despite some nasty, salty users getting upset theres been no active effort in banning users, filtering or deleting posts. Now Serebii forums is a diferent matter.
>>
>People getting pissed off by bullshit with no source
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.