[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Charmander

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: CharmanderTrash.jpg (53KB, 569x547px) Image search: [Google]
CharmanderTrash.jpg
53KB, 569x547px
Why is the worst Kanto starter the most popular?
>>
your mom
>>
Zard
>>
>>26830793
It is a very common thing, not just in pokemon fandom people liking mediocrity. Go figure.
>>
>>26830793
It's not the worst. It's the only starter that isn't a tank, which is why it's so popular. Just a matter of taste.
>>
>>26830793
What the f*ck OP.......
You seriously can't see why the fire breathing lizard is more popular than a g*oddamn water turtle or grass toad? Jesus chirs*, get some insight.
>>
File: 1466323004656.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1466323004656.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>26830880
Shut the FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK UP
>>
>>26830842
yeah imagine people LIKE the pokemon with 100 Base speed! huh imagine that
>>
>>26830793
It's a dragon
This isn't rocket science
>>
>>26830793
>it was placed on the first spot on Oak's table in RB so many people (like me) ended picking it up by accident
>the only Kanto starter that evolved in the original anime, complete with a 2sad4u storyline (that later got rehashed 2 times for two other fire starters)
>it's a fire breathing dragon
gee, I wonder why
>>
>>26830987
But it was in the middle
>>
blastoise had fucking cannons on its back. the choice was clear from the very start.
>>
>>26830987
bulbasaur is first..
>>
>>26830793
Usually the simplest and bland designs are the most popular. It's a shame.

Charizard is just a generic dragon and this concept is boring as fuck.
>>
>>26831009
>>26831086
Not in Red and Blue.
https://youtu.be/fSypzK0EMxM?list=PLA6320DC9F1C2A060&t=322
And Bulbasaur was actually placed LAST even though he was the easiest starter to beat the game with.
>>
Because dragons.
>>
Too much contrarianism in this thread for me.
Charmander and its evolutions are good, but not the best.
>>
>>26830793
The most popular one in my school was actually Bulbasaur, followed by Squirtle.

I picked Charmander because I was a contrarian little shit.
>>
You HAVE to pick the fire type starter, if you're playing to win. The developers fucking hate fire, and they are NOT going to give you any other good fire types until you get legendaries. Want a good fire type at all for the first 90% of the game? You have no choice but to take the starter.
>>
>>26830793
Because fire.

People who like fire are the absolute worst, there is literally nothing worse than a firefag.
>>
>>26831354
This. Specially firefags AND dragonfags.
>>
>>26831340
In R/B?

Due to Special being a single stat both Vulpix and Flareon are actually quite strong. Their Special Attack gets nerfed hard after the split in Gen II though.
>>
>>26831370
They are the heartless kind of people that are like ""this is so badass and powerful, I can make use of this" and have a full team that only knows hyperbeam, thunder, blizzard, fireblast and earthquake. And they are the most normie.
>>
Worst only in the short run. In the long run, Kanto didn't have a lot of good fire types, but had plenty of decent grass and water types. Charizard could easily be paired well with, say, Vileplume and Gyarados
>>
>>26831704
>caring about type coverage in a game that you can clear mashing the A button
>>
Because it has the best design out of all the starters.

It sucks that pokemon such as blazikan and that weird spikey grass starter exist.
>>
>>26831116

Concept doesn't matter as much as design.

You could come up with some thing awesome like a ice dragon that shoots lazer beams out of it's eyes but if the character design lets down the concept it's still lame.
>>
>>26830793
piss in the bag
>>
>>26830793
>Toy Factory charmanders
>I sell these in a crane machine at my arcade
>>
>>26832316
>obese dragon that looks basic as fuck
>this is better than the other starters
>>
File: 1466539569029.jpg (26KB, 618x345px) Image search: [Google]
1466539569029.jpg
26KB, 618x345px
That's not how you spell Pikachu
>>
>>26830987
>2sad4u storyline
>gets ditched by its first trainer for being a shitty pokemon
>ash takes it in and raises it with love
>it evolves and becomes the living embodiment of garbage
>acts like a cunt for the rest of the season
>throws the league on purpose just to be a bitch

If I were Ash I would've thrown faggotzard's poke ball in the ocean to be honest ohana
>>
>>26834099
>has a tail on fire
>gets frozen
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.