[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Nicknames For "Science" Team

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Mewtwo.jpg (153KB, 903x884px) Image search: [Google]
Mewtwo.jpg
153KB, 903x884px
I'm doing a runthrough of a modded HG/SS ROM, and decided to stick with "Science" themed pokemon. So far I've got:

- Porygon
- Kadabra
- Grimer
- Magneton
- Rotom

- Metagross will be #6.

What sort of nicknames would be scientifically appropriate? Things like "Subject 137" for Porygon or "M.U.K." for Grimer's evolved form? That kinda thing.

Thanks for the creativity!
>>
>>26825303
Porygon can be called ELIZA, one of the first programs made to simulate a human answer.

Metagross can be called Enigma, because of the Enigma Machine, one of the first computers used to encrypt Axis messages in WW2.

Magneton can be called either Maxwell or Faraday. Faraday was the one that discovered an electromagnetic field in motion can produce a current on a conductive material. Maxwell joined together that and other 3 laws, making possible to decipher how electromagnetic waves work.

I was thinking to dedicate Rotom's nickname to the inventor of the radio, Guglielmo Marconi. So, Marconi is a good nickname. Tesla and Shockley are good choices too, the first being relevant mainly because of his work on AC electrical transmission and the latter for being one of the inventors of the transistor.

I have no idea for Grimer.

Kadabra is more of a pseudoscience Pokemon. It doesn't fit in your team. Unless you like History Channel documentaries.
>>
Nye and Tyson are a must.
>>
>>26825821

That's pretty damn brilliant. Science Major detected.

I was thinking of going with the abbreviation of some sort of corrosive compound for Grimer. The only one I know of is Hydrochloric Acid, so maybe Hydrochlor?

And dammit, this poster's right about Kadabra. Any good alternatives that won't totally screw my team composition over? I'd totally go for Duosion if this was Gen V, but alas. Claydol offers coverage and levitate, but is more archeology than hard science...
>>
>>26825303
How about a mouse or rabbit pokemon as a test subject?
Also Dito if you go by the theory that it's a failed Mew clone experiment.
>>
>>26826137
Electrical engineer really

If you want some advice, you might want to replace Kadabra for Turtwig and name it Darwin, because of the Charles Darwin's travels to Galapagos Islands where he observed the Galapagos Tortoises for his theories.

Other alternative is to name an Ampharos Galileo, because of his famous experiment to try to determine the speed of light, which used lamps for that purpose.
>>
>>26825303
Name your Kadabra "Hououin Kyouma"
>>
>>26828832

Does he get a Snorlax sidekick and a feisty redheaded Gardevoir?
>>
>>26828933
But of course, that is the choice of Steins Gate!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.