[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP ME OUT!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: helpmeout.png (3MB, 1670x1481px) Image search: [Google]
helpmeout.png
3MB, 1670x1481px
So im getting a New 3DS XL tomorrow, I've played all generations from 1-5 with the exception of Gen 2 and its remakes. Which 3DS Pokemon game should I buy first while I wate for Sun and Moon?!
>>
>>26815827
>Buy
Hack your 3DS
>>
I've never played or laid a finger on X and Y, same with ORAS, I've seen gameplay and certain parts nothing major, like Shiny huntings in XY and ORAS, all this time I tried my best to not get spoiled. Which should I pick up?
>>
>>26815827
If you looking for a good pokemon game BW and BW2 would be the right choice, if you want to prepare yourself for SM, getting all lengendaries, catching all the others, training your team etc, ORAS is the only choice.
>>
>New shitty games or shitty remakes?
Is that really a hard choice?
>>
I recommend going back to a gen you haven't played in awhile. X/Y are super bland and ORAS are bad as remakes.
>>
>>26815827
Oras and xy are both good. Oras was better. Only get x and y for the almost lack of new Pokemon.
>>
File: Roxie (13).jpg (854KB, 800x1145px) Image search: [Google]
Roxie (13).jpg
854KB, 800x1145px
I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you try and get HeartGold/SoulSilver, anon.

But if you're adamant about trying Gen 6, then X/Y is the only option. It pretty much represents the entire Generation, whereas OmegaRuby/AlphaSaphirre are just really shallow Gen 3 remakes.

I'll answer any questions you have if you like.
>>
>>26815827
X, OR, HeartGold
>>
>>26815827
Gust play Gen 2 and it's remakes instead.
>>
>>26815903
Seconding this post, HG/SS is definitely some of my favorite games.

OR/AS is not really terrible compared to X/Y but doesn't really add much to R/S/E besides the cool pokemon-stalking feature (and graphics obviously) as far as I remember.
>>
>>26815835
Yes, hack your 3ds and get yourself access to the rest of the 3ds library while you're at it, as well as playing rom hacks that increase the difficulty of Gen 6.
>>>/vg/hbg/
>>
>>26815987
but muh online
>>
Hoenn and Kalos are the worst regions in the series, you'd go wrong buying either.
Just play HGSS and maybe get a cheap copy of X or Y so you can transfer your Pokémon to Gen 7.
>>
>>26816008
Except you can play online with a fully CFW'd 3ds, including with any pirated games because nintendo can't tell the difference.
>>
>>26816048
Not the same anon, but what firmware does an unopened 3ds come with? I'm thinking about getting a second one for a few reasons, one of which being that my first one is on 11.0 and I only just found out about all this neat hacking shit after the fact.
>>
>>26816020
>tfw you're honestly probably right
Kalos has a lot of very nice environments, but the overall Region doesn't mesh as well as I'd like.

And Hoenn is just a fucking mess.
>>
>>26816067
Depends on the system, but no matter what all current fresh out of the box systems are below 10.6 while freely allows you to follow the guide using browserhax.
>>
>>26815827
XY is really fun on your first run, but it really depends on if you play Pokémon for the battles or for all the other bullshit. Custimization is fucking great.
>>
>>26815827
Just bought AS cause nostalgia. I was told X/Y didn't have much of a post game,nor that many new mons.I'd say if you like gen 3's shittie trumpets, grab the remakes.
>>
>>26815903
Why the fuck is it so expensive? Why does HG cost like £40 and Pearl like £10?
>>
>>26816156
Pearl doesn't have move tutors or Extreme Speed Dratini. Games with competitive value have a higher price.
>>
>>26816106
X/Y has more post game than OR/AS though.

The Delta Episode is a shittier and smaller post game than the Looker Quests in X/Y. Then on top of that, X/Y gets the Friend Safari for comfy Shiny Hunting, or just Dex completing. Meanwhile, OR/AS has more Legends to catch, but if you don't care about Legendaries, than OR/AS's post game is literally non-existent.

OR/AS doesn't even have it's own Battle Facility. They just ported over the X/Y Maison.

So yeah, I'd strongly argue that X/Y has a LOT more staying power and content, unless you really fuckin like catching Legendaries.

>>26816156
HG is generally considered the best game in the franchise, and is super high in demand, so you basically have to pay full price, even though it's 6 years old.

Meanwhile, Pearl is considered one of the worst games, do to its slow speed, and that it was replaced by the vastly superior Platinum version, which is a bit more expensive due to being higher in demand.
>>
>>26816193
huh, that's literally what i heard about X/Y,that it was just all mewtwo and legendary catching post game. Is there any big difference between X/Y other than the main legendary mon?
>>
>>26816193
>>26816156
Cheers bros. I've been looking at getting it myself but something just feels so fucking wrong about shelling out £40+ for a second hand game. I'm not sure I can even do it.
>>
>>26816262
OR/AS = Delta Episode = Story about Rayquaza and Deoxys

X/Y = Looker Quests = Story about Looker & Emma fighting crime and solving mysteries. Pretty comfy.

I prefer the Looker Quests, but it's personal preference. Aside from that, the content is mostly the same. X/Y has an INFINITELY better variety of wild Pokémon, with a huge Regional Dex of 400+ Pokémon. So it has way more replay value.

Aside from that, they both have the Maison as a Battle Facility.

X/Y has Friend Safari, a popular Shiny Hunting spot, and good for getting Pokémon to breed. OR/AS has Dex Nav for the same stuff, although it requires a bit more practice.

>>26816300
Keep an eye out for HG regardless, it's a fantastic game. But yeah, it does suck that it's so expensive.
>>
File: 1358460516265.jpg (51KB, 464x350px) Image search: [Google]
1358460516265.jpg
51KB, 464x350px
Do you play Pokemon to play for the story mode and adventure? Play XY. Its a new region, new Pokemon, etc.

Do you play Pokemon because you like all of the extra side-stuff like Secret Bases and a fuckload of legendaries to catch? Get ORAS.

If you play for competitive stuff, you're obviously a bit late to the game as when SM come out in five months its all gonna basically start fresh, but ORAS is your destination for that, too, as you have access to all mega stones, easier access to hidden abilities and egg moves through DexNav (though only post-game), and stuff like that.
>>
>>26816300
HGSS carts are absolutely terrible unless you plan to use the Pokéwalker, the games run much better on a flash cart. Not worth the ridiculous prices at all.
>>
>>26816494
Is there any way to use the Pokebank or trade with a flash cart?
>>
>>26816559
Not directly, I suppose that's another reason to actually buy the cart. If you have a flashcart and a homebrewed 3DS, though, you can just copy your 4th gen Pokémon straight into gen 6 with a save editor and pkhex.
>>
>>26816494
Is the Pokewalker worth it?
>>
>>26816494
>the games run much better on a flash cart
The actual fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>26816620
Cheers mate. I think I'll just emulate it just so I can see what all the hype's about, and if I fall in love I'll buy it.
>>
>>26816633
I never used mine, some people love it though. Whether or not it's worth it is really up to you.
>>26816643
On a flashcart you get HGSS without most of the gen 4 slowness:
>no "saving a lot of data.."
>can speed up text and health bar animations
>slightly faster load times
NDS carts have some very old, slow hardware, while a flashcart can have the game and its save on a class 10 SD card which makes it much faster.
>>
>>26816193
>people bitch about X/Y not having a proper post-game
>bitching about my nigga Looker

That fucking post-game gave me the feels man. I didn't ask for this, but it was definitely not something that should be dismissed.
>>
>>26816067
I got a3ds last month and it came with 6.x.x
>>
>>26816761
Do you get a better fps or is that locked?
>>
>>26816761
I never thought HG/SS were that slow. Never bothered me at all.

But whatever.
>>
Bought one off ebay for cheap. Came with fw 4.5
>>
I can't.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.