[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to fix the Ice type?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

How to fix the Ice type?
>>
File: 1465820962569.jpg (30KB, 375x521px) Image search: [Google]
1465820962569.jpg
30KB, 375x521px
>>26797341
Let me take a cracked at this.

Retcon ice type into a new cold type. Weak to fire, steel, and some other things (help me here anons), and offensively good against dragons, water types, grass types, rocks, and more things

/vp/ must help me finish this. Kinda hard considering it's pretty shit.

Or everyone could just pic related
>>
>>26797380
>Retcon ice type into a new cold type.
Why would you do that? That's dumb.
>>
>>26797341
>make it effective against water
>ice earthquake/accurate blizzard
>needs more bulky/speedy mons
>>
>>26797400
It makes sense to give it ab advantage on water. Let me give you an example.

If I put ice into water and leave it for an hour at room temp. it'll eventually dissolve into the water. If I leave water in a freezer, it'll turn into ice.
>>
>>26797416
Dumb.
>>
>>26797341
The ice type was always meant to be a glass canon, the problem is it doesn't beat enough types for this. Ground type can do a better job at being a glass canon than ice.

All that needs to be "fixed" is for GF to realize what their own type is supposed to be. There's a reason weavile, mamoswine and frosslass are good pokemon, they have synergy with their type and play a heavily offensive role. Ice type needs more powerfull and acurate moves, as the strongest ice type moves are very risky to use (aside from ice beam of course), and maybe even particular moves like freeze-dry.

I'm all for pokemon breaking their typing stereotype (electrivire, avaluug, etc), but not only do these need to be done very well to be a good pokemon, but ice just seems like the type where this interesting change is just not a good idea, as it presents way too many risks for a defensive mon to have ice anywhere in its design.

Also pic related in >>26797380
>>
>anyone ITT saying "make X weak to ice"
These fucking retards, Jesus fucking Christ. How is buffing Ice offensively (already a fantastic offensive type) going to buff the type in any way? Everyone's just gonna run Ice moves on fucking non-ice Pokemon because the type is so shit! Mother of Christ.

>Ice now gains 25% Atk/SpAtk or (Speed I guess) in Hail
>Ice loses its Rock or Fighting weakness
Fixed. Everyone else ITT kill yourself.
>>
>>26797465
It's incredibly dumb that Ice is a glass cannon type when the vast majority of Ice types are slow and defensive

I think they should balance the type out a bit, give it some resistances in return for being a bit weaker offensively
>>
>>26797341

There are two options:

>Option 1
Start expertimenting and in introducing more Ice types with a secondary type, Ice/Electric or Ice/Fighting for example.
Be sure to not introduce more defensive Ice species or something in between that leaves them mediocre if not terrible on both defensive and offensive spheres.
If you create a somehow defensive mon at least make it a decent tank thanks to a good ability or moveset and more importantly a good offensive stat to hit back, see Cryogonal that isn't that terrible for a special defensive Ice Pokemon, Lapras has lot of offensive attacks but despite the rich movepool it cannot perfectly abuse it thanks to the mediocre offensive stats.
Otherwise just fucking make more offensive Ice types, you don't need to balance a once trick pony by nerfing its Speed or offensive stats because their own species type is already a huge nerf that usually is easy to counter or fire back.
>>
>>26797553
>Option 2:
Ice type and its Pokemon needs some minor but definitely deserved if not mandatory fixing.
Primary example being Kyurem, like Reshiram and Zekrom, the Unova main trio had an incredibly poor movepool overall, they can barely learn any physical attack and have reliable coverages beside Focus Blast and Earth Power being somehow usable only thanks to their abilities. These shitmons can't even learn Earthquake that is pretty much a quite easy move to obtain for most of the 721+ Pokemon, even forgettable trash ones. They cannot learn Calm Mind or Bulk Up, some cannot learn the elemental punches too.
Kyurem (and the other two) would make a huge difference once it gains Earthquake and Stone Edge or Rock Slide, and specifically Icicle Spear, Icicle Crash, Ice Shard and Ice Punch would already make all Kyurem forms viable.
It's even more disgusting witnessing Regice, Glaceon and Kyurem not being able to learn Freeze Dry.
Anyway, returning on the movepool theme for all Ice types, the directors should definitely work better on the movepool selection of Ice type that overall have a quite poor selection of viable attacks as much as pure Steel types and pure Grass types, they can easily introduce new physical attacks and special ones with intersting side effects that aren't just a 10% freeze chance. Glaciate should have been a base 80BP attack with the Freeze Dry effect and -2 stages Speed drops. Another way to increase the viable movepool of Ice types is as said before introducing new Pokemon themes and secondary types, you can't expect much from a literal ice cream cone that cannot breed for better moves anyway.
>>
Ice resisting Water would be a nice start.
>>
>>26797560

A Walrein gaining Aqua Jet and Ice Shard from Dewgong would be amazing as much as Dewgong gaining Belly Drum from Walrein for example, they would be still balanced since with 80 base Speed, poor coverage and under 100 offensive stats even with Belly Drum you can't do much in a match.
A Lapras with Icicle Crash won't be much of a threat either with DD and that low speed and poor defensive type, a Glaceon with Flash Cannon or Mirror Coat ain't broken either, same for Regice. It's really not rocket science fixing Ice types.
And for the love of Ice types, Ice Body is a shit ability because once again it panders to the myth of defensive Ice types that don't exist anymore once permaweather left Pokemon. It should have been a Static / Flame Body complementary / mirror ability reserved for Ice types.
>>
>resists flying
>resists ground
>stealth rock nerf (because rock itself is also shit and can't take a direct nerf)
>hail versions of swift swim and solar power
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.