[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Game Freak returned to kid protagonists for SM, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: wow.jpg (2MB, 5881x1759px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
2MB, 5881x1759px
How come Game Freak returned to kid protagonists for SM, and why is it because of Yo-kai Watch?
>>
They noticed that outside of Japan it's mostly teenagers and older playing their games.
SM protagonists are """canonically""" Japanese.
>>
>>26796446
Some people think it's because the fimists are freaking out over boobs whatsoever in games, so by having the main characters be too young to show any boobs they are skirting the risk of pissing off loud harpies.
>>
Because clearly ORAS didn't exist, right?
>>
>>26796463
What do ORAS have to do with anything?
>>
>>26796463
not in this QPU.
>>
>>26796462
No anon, believe it or not, SJWs aren't the cause of EVERYTHING that happens in video games.
>>
>>26796472
Your right, just the bad things that happen in video games :^)
>>
>>26796472
Sometimes I dream of a world where SJW and special snowflakes don't exist.

But then I wake up and I realize the nightmare is not while I sleep.
>>
>>26796469
The characters being 12?
>>
>>26796494
?

Wait, I guess you may not know that. You probably weren't born yet when they released, but ORAS are actually remakes of an older pair of games named Ruby and Sapphire. The ORAS protagonists are simply based on the RS protagonists, hence why they aren't relevant in a discussion of newer characters.
>>
>>26796522
Ebin.
That doesn't stop them being 12.
In fact outside gen 5 and XY all the MCs are kids. If anything they're the exception, not the rule..
>>
>>26796532
>these characters aren't relevant to the discussion
>NO! THEY'RE RELEVANT BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!
>>
>>26796543
>>these characters are relevant to the discussion
>>NO! THEY'RE NOT RELEVANT BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!
>>
>>26796543
>THOSE CHARACTERS AREN'T RELEVANT TO THE DISCUSSION THANKS TO A RULE THAT I MADE ONLY IN MY HEAD
Ok.
>>
>>26796446
they are all kids.
xy protag are 14
>>
>>26796560
>>26796565
OP was talking about the main games' protags and deliberately excluded the remakes you faggots.
So, no, they're not relevant to the discussion.
>>
>>26796581
And if you look at ALL of the protags, being shorter rather than taller is obviously the norm.
>>
>>26796472
nice bait
>>
>>26796607
I didn't say I was an SJW or that the shit they do is excusable, you dumb nigger.
>>
>>26796590
And if you look at pokemon's demographic you'll notice that most fans are over 18, which one could assume is why they aged up the characters in the last two generations.
>>
File: lGiX9Fr.png (17KB, 626x624px) Image search: [Google]
lGiX9Fr.png
17KB, 626x624px
>>26796462
>>
>>26796652
>Source: My ass

And trying to appeal to older fans only is exactly how to kill a long term franchise.
>>
>>26796581
>>26796581
>>26796581
OP: "New protagonists lately are older. Why aren't the SM ones also?"
(You): "But the ORAS protagonists aren't old!"
Logic: "Yes, because they aren't new."
(You): "That doesn't change the fact that they aren't old!"
Logic: "Okay, but they aren't relevant to this discussion."
(You): "So you deliberately exclude old protagonists from this discussion about new protagonists to make your point, huh? Very convenient!"

Just how stupid are you?
>>
>>26796723
Source: a simple google search you twat.

>And trying to appeal to older fans only is exactly how to kill a long term franchise.
How the fuck is that relevant to anything said in this thread?
>>
>>26796827
From now on when I edit Wikipedia articles I'll be sure to write "just Google it faggot" as the source.

And it's relevant because you're asking Pokemon to suicide the same dumb way Digimon did.
>>
>>26796846
>From now on when I edit Wikipedia articles I'll be sure to write "just Google it faggot" as the source.
You do that, but in the meantime open up a new tab and write "pokemon's demographic"

>And it's relevant because you're asking Pokemon to suicide the same dumb way Digimon did.
I'm not asking for anything, I'm telling you they've been pandering to their older fanbase, or have you missed the gen 1 pandering of the last 3/4 years?
>>
>>26796446
>removing the bw2 characters because they don't fit your agenda

nice picture faglord
>>
>>26796446
They realized that their target audience were children and shotacons.
>>
>>26796446
Because shotas are cuter than some teenage twinks.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.