[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: POkemonMoonandSun-840x480.jpg (66KB, 840x480px) Image search: [Google]
POkemonMoonandSun-840x480.jpg
66KB, 840x480px
http://daily.pokecommunity.com/2016/06/11/conservation-theme-behind-sun-moon-pokemon/
>>
Interesting
>>
>>26789560
[A comment of immediate hatred towards headcannon]
>>
>>26789560
How do Pikipek, Yungoos, and Grubbin fit into this, though? Yungoos is supposed to be really common in Alola.
>>
article should simply be titled

"most animals are endangered now"
>>
>>26789560

That is a real fucking stretch.
>>
>>26789687
Yungoos comes from how they released mongeese into Hawaii in real life to combat growing populations of certain types of pests. What ended up happening, if I remember correctly, was that the mongeese became highly invasive and started hunting many bird populations into near extinction or something like that.

Pikipek, based off the pileated woodpecker, is not endangered. But, a close relative of it - the ivory beaked woodpecker - is critically endangered.

Grubbin appears to be the larva of the Coconut Rhinoceros Beetle, which is a highly invasive species of beetle in Hawaii that causes a lot of damage to the local plantlife.
>>
>>26789687
In Hawaii, mongooses were introduced to control the rat population (which was destroying sugar cane farms) but they ended up being a huge problem, since mongooses are active during the day and the rats are active at night and the mongooses just ended up hunting native species. I assume Yungoos will play a similar role in Alola.
>>
>>26789687
Well its an interesting thought. Of course not all pokemon will be inspired over endangered species and maybe litten and lunala are a bit stretched.
>>
This is a pretty reasonable read.
The entire pokemon series is basically a reaction to the fact that the forests that the creators used to catch beetles in, are now covered by the urban behemoth that is Tokyo.

The interplay between nature and technology has always been a big part of the series, it's just that Hawaii has a slightly different angle because of its isolation and the consequences of foreign species and people.

I have no doubt that there will be a villain or a gym leader who is super xenophobic and "just wants to protect his island".
>>
>>26789848
>be a villain or a gym leader who is super xenophobic and "just wants to protect his island".
Maybe the villanous team are the opposite ,they have no respect for nature, and they are poachers.
>>
>>26789884
Oh yeah that's true too. In the case I'd expect the gym leader or champion to be skeptical of you because they hate the evil team and dislike foreigners. And you eventually change their mind of course.
>>
>>26789560
Interesting. We'll see how the final formes play into this.
>>
>>26789767
>>26789774

yep.
many of us hate mongooses.

>>26789560
we take animal conservation kinda seriously here. I saw kids throwing rocks at a monk seal once so I shot a couple of em with my pellet rifle. the monk seal wold chill in the canal behind my house and make the dogs go crazy at night cause she was a loud hunter.

I would really like to see some extinct species tho, for the feels
>>
>>26791277
An actual Hawaiian!

Alright, so what else can we expect about Sun and Moon? Based on what you've seen thus far, what do we have in store for us region wise and pokemon wise? What are some of the animals that they can't, not include?
>>
>>26789560
>tfw was about to call this bullshit without even reading
Fucking interesting read man. First theory that is actually well thought out and fits with the actual inspiration for the games.
>>
File: 5601688959_1b3aab66c0.jpg (315KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
5601688959_1b3aab66c0.jpg
315KB, 1200x797px
>>26791305
Parrot Fish
They are definitely going to introduce a fish and if there is one fish that makes me think of Hawaii its this one. There are also Parrot fish near japan where people eat them so they will definitly cross GF's mind.
>>
>>26791422
Anything else?
>>
Popplio is a sea lion though, not a monk seal.
>>
>>26791485
Samurrott is a sea lion despite the fact that it's prevo's were sea otters.

Totodile goes from croc to alligator.

Treecko goes from gecko to therapod.

Cyndaquil goes from hedgehog to honey badger.

Chespin goes from some kind of chipmunk into a glyptodont.

Turtwig goes from snapping turtle into world turtle.

What's your point?
>>
>>26791305

Im trying not to expect much but I can say that myself, my brothers and some friends are really excited for the game. If they HAD to include something it'd be the happy face spider. Other than that theres pretty much a hawaiian everything, hawk, geese, crow, etc.

>>26791422
>conservation
>everyone eats uhu

itd be farfetched 2.0 senpai
>>
>>26791527
Will there be someone based on Iz? Glad you guys are excited though, must be kind of surreal to have a pokemon game based on your home.
>>
>>26791521

Who mentioned evolutions? I'm talking about Poplio at it's current stage. What's YOUR point?
>>
>>26791521
Samurott is still a fucking otter.
>>
now this theme I can get behind over shit like alchemy
>>
>>26791681
Alchemy is still present though. There can be multiple themes, hell, alchemy can even have a conservation of mass thing going on. But alchemy is a theme in this game and you're going to have to get over your ego and accept it.
>>
>>26791527
Isn't Spinarak a happy face spider?

Also, considering the fact that Ledyba was in the game, Spinarak should be too.
>>
>>26791717
alchemy is equivalence exchange, conservation of mass is real life physics

and no, the only solid thing the game has for alchemy is sun and moon (which itself can be farfetched depending on how the game uses them)
>>
>>26791937
Honestly, I'm just happy people have moved beyond the circus crap.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.