[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which region has the most explorable total area? My money is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: hoenn-map-large.jpg (667KB, 1750x1238px) Image search: [Google]
hoenn-map-large.jpg
667KB, 1750x1238px
Which region has the most explorable total area? My money is on either Hoenn or Sinnoh. Kalos+Unova were too linear while Kanto+Johto were too compressed.

Hoenn's got dat water and Sinnoh's got dem caves. I truly wish for a region with a massive overworld. I believe the greater area for roaming the more fun a game will be.

Are there any cons to this? Is there any flaws to having a FUCKHUEG pokemon region? I hope the Alola map isn't as small as it seems desu.
>>
>>26789311
>I hope the Alola map isn't as small as it seems desu
I knew this OP would be retarded as soon as I saw Hoenn.
Yes, there are flaws when 40% of the """explorable""" parts of the region are nothing but water.
>>
>>26789328
you clearly haven't played ORAS then. the diving portions fill the blanks in the gameplay that the originals missed out on.

why do you think i uploaded the new map instead of the old one? you're projecting way too hard, anon.

also regarding my concerns with alola, on the map we see speedboats between each island. it appears we won't be surfing between them so your beef with the water is negligible.
>>
>>26789311
Sinnoh, if we're talking game locations and not say, looking at the region maps and comparing them.

Kalos and Unova aren't much larger than Johto, and the length of places between each town just seemed longer because the maps (and bridges).
But yeah, Johto is pretty compact.

Hoenn has a tonne of water. Also a similar situation to above.

Kanto is definitely the smallest.

I can see Alola as being a normal sized region. Maybe a not bigger.
>>
>>26789378
A *bit bigger
>>
>>26789377
I'm not sure if you're retarded or not.
>you clearly haven't played ORAS then. the diving portions fill the blanks in the gameplay that the originals missed out on.
I have. Diving does fucking nothing but what it did in RS: take you to sandy areas with absolutely nothing but an item or two. And that one place that's story relevant.
>you're projecting way too hard, anon.
Please stop using words you don't understand. I'm starting to think you're underage.
>also regarding my concerns with alola, on the map we see speedboats between each island. it appears we won't be surfing between them so your beef with the water is negligible.
My post wasn't about Alola at all, beyond calling you retarded for saying Alola seems small. I was talking about Hoenn.
>>
>>26789378
now that you mention it, the only long routes in hoenn were before/after fortree and all the ocean routes. just about every other route was quite small.

the caves weren't that big either. meteor falls had so much potential but it was tiny as fuck. now compare this to sinnoh victory road, holy shit.

the amount of dead ends that place had was terrifying. considering how slow it was and how many trainers were jam packed in there, it could take days just to get through.
>>
>>26789426
Yeah, Hoenn has a tonne of caves but they're probably the smallest in the franchise. The biggest caves being the ones in Johto and Unova I think. Especially in ORAS when a lot of places got toned down.

And yeah, Sinnoh Victory Road was fucking unreal.
>>
File: 1432304488520.gif (2MB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1432304488520.gif
2MB, 375x375px
>>26789405
>you were this mad to type out all that shit
taking the bait but holy shit try harder next time.

Diving in RSE offered very little exploration-wise. It was slower than surfing, and the only kick out of it was getting shards and looking for relicanth.
In ORAS however, many things were changed to make sea travel much more interesting. Firstly, the surfing speeds were increased, as well as multi-directional to save time.
Also there were neat easter eggs with surf speeds with some pokemon. Sharpedo for example surfs twice as fast. Furthermore, there are trainers underwater.
Makes for some easy optional cash since they don't track you. Underwater battles also have a cool easter egg with the opening pokeball throw. It falls slower to simulate speed in water.

Also the paths and routes for diving have been updated. The little islands you find link to a few different areas to turn your quest for shards into a treasure hunt with variety.
Not only that, the scenic routes underwater often change angles to provide greater aesthetics underwater to keep you interested. You will often see pokemon in the distance like in the marine tube in gen 5.
And speaking of treasure hunting, you'll find not just shards, but many of the sinnoh legends items underwater. Many of the arceus plates as well as the trio orbs can all be found underwater.

Oh, and don't forget that the dive routes are now connected, so you can essentially skip all of that boring water entirely and never face a single wild pokemon between town visits.

You done fisting yourself, faggot? I bet you're gonna swell up like a balloon reading this telling me how "insignificant" all of these details are. Fuck you, eat shit, and have a glass of WATER, faggot.
>>
Also dont forget the massive hole in the middle of Unova which is the Entralink, and the large sections of unexplorable oceans
>>
>>26789570
>>you were this mad to type out all that shit
>then goes to type out all of this
I can't tell if you're serious or not.
>Diving in RSE offered very little exploration-wise.
Same with ORAS.
>Firstly, the surfing speeds were increased, as well as multi-directional to save time.
That doesn't make the water routes any less bland and empty.
>Also there were neat easter eggs with surf speeds with some pokemon. Sharpedo for example surfs twice as fast. Furthermore, there are trainers underwater.
Makes for some easy optional cash since they don't track you. Underwater battles also have a cool easter egg with the opening pokeball throw. It falls slower to simulate speed in water.
>literally saying some small changes in game speed make up for how boring the routes are
Hoennshitters will scrape the very bottom of the barrel to defend their shitty region I see.
>treasure hunt
So items. Basically nothing.
>aesthetics
It's STILL nothing but water. There is nothing there.
15 water routes. That's almost half of Hoenn that is absolutely nothing. The only water routes with anything interesting are 105, 108, and the trigger for the Regis near Pacifidlog.
You are literally incapable of seeing such a glaring flaw.
>Oh, and don't forget that the dive routes are now connected, so you can essentially skip all of that boring water entirely and never face a single wild pokemon between town visits.
Those are still the water routes, are you retarded?
>You done fisting yourself, faggot? I bet you're gonna swell up like a balloon reading this telling me how "insignificant" all of these details are. Fuck you, eat shit, and have a glass of WATER, faggot.
>being this upset that flaws exist in your perfect region
>>
>>26790983
Actually 16 if you want to count 122 which is just an entrance to Mt Pyre.
>>
Unova was linear in the way you traveled, but the routes actually had a lot to explore if I remember correctly.
>>
>>26789311
Unova being linear has nothing to do with its level of exploration. There are so many areas you can explore that you're never even told about. I'd say its just as large as Sinnoh.
>>
>>26791028
>>26791053
This. OP is fucking retarded.
>>
>>26790983
It officially has 17 Water Routes

>>26791028
>>26791053
Unova has a lot of small side areas, yeah. I love that about it. The size of Unova might be a stretch though, when it comes to explorable area.
>>
Hoenn for tbose underwater caves
>>
>>26789311
Not sure if it has the most explorable areas, but I think Hoenn is the most fun region to explore. For me, Hoenn is the region that gives me the biggest sense of adventure, probably because it is so diverse in terms of environment.

Hoenn also houses pretty interesting optional places like the Regi Chambers or The Abandoned Ship/Sea Mauville which make exploring them feel rewarding to me. I sometimes just boot up one of the Hoenn games just to explore. Especially with ORAS and it's Super Secret Bases which gives me the incentive to return to older places to visit bases from other people.

Sure, there's a lot of water, and I can see why that would annoy people. But it never really mattered that much to me. The main problem I have with the water was the encounter rate which made wild Pokemon appear to often. Which is easily helped with a Repel. In ORAS, that encounter rate seems nonexistent as I barely encounter anything when Surfing.
>>
>>26789311
>Hoen is a literally Yin Yang of labd and sea

POETRY
>>
>>26791089
Yeah Sinnoh is huge, I'd say Unova is in between Kanto and Hoenn in terms of size,
>>
>>26791124
Kanto and Hoenn? Isnt Kanto the smallest though? Unless you're saying it's big but not quite big.

Unova is hard to judge for me because the short routes along with >>26790921
>>
>>26791158
I think Kalos and Johto are smaller than Kanto.
>>
So is Sinnoh best region?

But Sinnoh has very little diversity desu. It is very big, but all the routes are the same
>>
>>26791179
That's interesting. Ive hear Johto but Kalos too? Why do you think so? Though I do know Kalos is considered small. Then again, I might be getting tricked by that "illusion of size" i mentioned earlier. The Kalos isnt really a good reference for how big it is.

For me Kanto is definitely the smallest, but suppose it's also the region with the least empty space between the locations. So maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>26791112
I feel like the gates scattered around a region make it feel cramped. I enjoyed Hoenn for how every area is connected and I got turned off by the transition screens in OR/AS.

It's probably just me though. I can't explain it.
>>
>>26791209
biggest region doesn't mean best. Sinnoh's towns were forgetful.
>>
>>26791269
>forgetful
>>
>>26789311
>Kalos+Unova were too linear
Linearity has nothing to do with the size of explorable areas, moron.
>>
>>26791256
I like Gates because they at least give a transition, helping keep immersion.

I hated the ORAS transition screens much more than the gates, because it's much more apparent that the place needs to load.

I feel the same with Floaroma Town and Nimbasa City's open air arches that still had transitions.
>>
>>26791269

Did they have Alzheimer's?
>>
>>26791209
No, Johto is. Sinnoh is second best.
>>
>>26791255
The route size of Kalos' is what makes me say it's so small, the only route in that game that were long were Route 16 and I think 17, but everything else was very straight forward and small with nothing on the side to explore.
>>
>>26791297

Johto is extremely comfy but it's just so damn tiny that it can't be considered the best.
>>
>>26791328
>that it can't be considered the best.
By who?
>>
>>26791272
I agree. The most forgetful towns. Well, Sinnoh and Kalos.

>>26791297
decent taste

>>26791299
I agree there. I wouldnt say smaller than Kanto but probably the same explorable region as Johto. It might even be less because Johto caves were bigger. And it had underground areas like Goldenrod Tunnel and Mahagony Town
>>
>>26791339

By people with taste.
>>
>>26791362
If you can't appreciate Johto, then you don't have any right to pretend you have taste.
Now fuck off with your shitposting.
>>
File: Region rankings.png (231KB, 933x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Region rankings.png
231KB, 933x1014px
>>26791362
plz
>>
>>26791351
>forgetful
Yeah, those towns just can't seem to remember a goddamn thing. Much like you and third grade english class.
>>
File: image.jpg (226KB, 933x1014px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 933x1014px
>>26791383
I think Kanto is just OK, Kalos will forever be shit though.
>>
>>26791393
I thought it sounded wrong, though couldn't be bothered to look up the actual word. Calm your autism.
>>
File: Alola.png (274KB, 558x317px) Image search: [Google]
Alola.png
274KB, 558x317px
>>26791400
I remember this post.

Use this for Alola instead friend. Also wondered why the Unovas were so far apart.
>>
>>26791416
Sorry I'm drunk at 5:30 browsing a cambodian dog cooking image board and just felt like being a dick
>>
>>26791383
Are you me?
>>
>>26791439
The Unovas being apart is mostly an exaggeration, but I feel White and White 2 have better version exclusive areas than Black and Black 2. And of course BW2 have a better Unova than BW.
>>
File: Region rankings.png (312KB, 933x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Region rankings.png
312KB, 933x1014px
>>26791447
>browsing a cambodian dog cooking image board

these always make me smile. I dont know why but I love this joke

>>26791459
Yes, because I have fantastic taste
>>
>>26791474
I kinda wish I could experience them. I only got Black and Black 2 so those places are mostly a mystery.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.