[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We post realistic expectations of Sun and Moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (67KB, 504x233px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 504x233px
I'll start.
>you can finish the story and post game in under 48 hours
>>
>>26778887
All the starters have 2 evolutions
>>
>>26778887
Just like in every game?
>>
i can beat gen 1 and gen 2 games 20 hours
>>
>>26778887
Can't you do that in every game
>>
>>26778887
>There will be an electric rodent pokemon. Every generation has had one.
>>
>>26778887
they will be better than X and Y
>>
BUG / DARK
Never ever
>>
so easy that you can finish the game without any death
>>
1. The true rival of the game, if we're going to actually bother calling it as such, will just be yet another generic nice rival.

2. I have a sense that some Starter's gonna evolve into a Fighting Type, judging by Troll Freak's boner with a certain overused Type Combo from Gen III onwards.

3. A new battling mechanic is being planned. It may tie in with Ash-Greninja, but only for certain Pokémon. I doubt Game Freak will just dump Mega Evolutions for painstakingly coming up with some badass designs for many Pokémon's Megas in Generation 6.

4. A Dark Type Gym is completely out of the question.

5. The villain team will want to plunge the world in eternal darkness if there's only going to be one.

6. The EXP. Share will be as broken as ever before.

7. Difficulty is almost non-existent, but this is one of those times that I wish to be proven wrong.

8. We will get even more waifus, and we haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Realistic enough for ya, OP?
>>
>>26778887
You get pokedollars for beating trainers
>>
>>26778887
The new battle facility will be called the Battle Island. Screencap this post.
>>
>>26778887
What fucking game took your dumbass more than 48 hours?
>>
>>26779231
Well not OP but my first run through XY took 48 hours without the postgame because I explored every inch battled every trainer amie etc. And I even had a set team. For SM I want to train multiple(all the new ones if possible) mons and keep away from leaks and decide after what to use.
>>
File: Shadow Pokémon-1.jpg (53KB, 645x685px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Pokémon-1.jpg
53KB, 645x685px
>>26778887

Shadow type is introduced.

Shadow Pokémon like Shadow Lugia and Shadow Mewtwo
>>
>>26779380
>Shadow type
Literally why? In what significant way would it be different than Dark?
>>
level scaling will be better than XYORAS
>>
>>26778887
My best time for a completion is around 12 hours in OR and 7 hours for just beating elite 4 in Y
>>
There will be at least one Pokémon with a fantastic design that's left unusable by Base Stats that make Farfetch'd look impressive.
>>
No personalized gym themes
>>
PWT is never coming back
>>
>>26778887
>>you can finish the story and post game in under 30 hours
ftfy
If you're going to post realistic expectations at least start with one.
>>
>>26778887
THIS BOARD WILL HATE IT REGARDLESS OF QUALITY
>>
>>26780626

PWT comes back, sort of, in a new Battle Chateau style building where none of the Gym Leaders has more than 2 Pokémon on their team.
>>
>>26780653
free space in bingo there
>>
>>26778887
people will complain about the game being "casual" and "easy" in a series where the games have literally at no time ever once been hard or difficult
>>
>>26779021
What's with everyone and the ">friendly rival" meme? Only gen w ever had that. Gen 1's was just bad timing and full of himself. The go-to has always been friendly rival since gen 3.
>>
>>26780698
XYORAS were extremely easy compared to the previous 2 generations, which is bullshit.
>>
>>26780706
*Gen 2, not w. Am on my phone.
>>
>>26780716
Eh, not really. It's just the Exp that made it seem easier.
>>
>>26780716
doesn't change my prevailing point
it's a JRPG that's designed in such a way that children aged 4-5 can beat the main campaign and people on /vp/ whine about it all the time

it's like jumping in a lake and complaining that you got wet
>>
>>26778936
not gen 2
>>
>>26780760
To be fair, it was water that gen.
>>
>Challenge mode finally returns after it's asked so much that there was even petition about it.
>DexNav comes back why wouldn't Rotom-dex have that function?
>Synchro Evolution the new mechanic, thanks Ashnime,

Here's my realistic expectations
>>
>>26780801
So unrealistic ones.
>>
>>26780760
Pichu

>>26780801
I saw a screenshot of the map which seemed to have a DexNav symbol on it

Synergy from Pokken seems more likely to me since there's going to be such a wide variety of trainer outfits
>>
>>26780760
>Pichu
>>
>>26780760
>What is Azumarill line
Azumarill's shiny is yellow implying it's a Pikachu clone except water/fairy type.
>>
>>26779380
OP said realistic expectations
>>
>>26780716
>>26780726
Even with exp share off XY is still easier than any previous generation, and despite exp share, ORAS's levels are barely any higher than RSE. Plus you're literally handed a legendary with a mega stone.

And don't give me some "just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it" bullshit, if it's there it's there. I could do a Nuzlocke or any other arbitrary kind of playthrough in any game in the series and it could be challenging, but that's now how I should evaluate the difficulty. Judging challenge by self-imposed rules is silly.

>>26780727
4-5 year olds can complete previous gen games just fine, and they're more challenging than Gen VI. Making the game easy enough for kids != making it piss easy.

Especially since making a hard mode where trainers have at least maison-level AI, leaders have full teams, and the level curve is higher would be ridiculously easy to implement.
>>
>>26781069
Don't get your panties in a bunch, it's just a game

SM is confirmed to have EXP scaling anyways
>>
>>26781069
So what you're saying is that it was only the Exp that made a difference.
Seeing as the levels were buffed and you were only given optional pokemon like with every game.

Good to know and glad you agree.

>Judging challenge by self-imposed rules is silly.
You do realise that Pokemon is literally a game that expects you to tailor you own gameplay right?
>>
>>26779231
Gale of Darkness and Colosseum
>>
It will have at least 50 new pokemon.
>>
>>26781117
Dude, those are shorter than the main Pokemon games.
>>
>>26778887

all versions of this franchise are basically the same game
>>
I did clear even Platinum in under 48 hours despite having a special-rule run that made my team only have 500 BST or below shitmons.

My team was: Rapidash, Pachirisu, Lumineon, Dustox, Chatot and Carnivine
>>
>>26778887
Pokemans will have different sprites depending on their nature, for example:
a timid natured pikachu would look shy
a calm or lax pokeman would have a sort of sleepy/uninterested/relaxed facial expression
brave could be like a super hero pose
oh, an each nature has 3 different poses actually, so it doesn't get took repetitive.
that would be a cool detail.
>>
>>26781099
>So what you're saying is that it was only the Exp that made a difference.
Did you miss the part where I said
>Especially since making a hard mode where trainers have at least maison-level AI, leaders have full teams, and the level curve is higher would be ridiculously easy to implement.
Exp accounts for only 1/3 of the easiest to implement difficulty metrics I mentioned, please improve your reading comprehension.

>You do realise that Pokemon is literally a game that expects you to tailor you own gameplay right?
No, it isn't. You can choose how to build your team from the options available, yes, but there's not much more than that to "tailor to your own gameplay" in the main game.
>>
It will have some new gimmick non battle mechanic like contests and musicals
>>
>>26781295
I don't think they will do that sort of thing for every mon. Plus, your enemy would then be able to tell what nature you're running.
>>
>>26781317
>No, it isn't.
Not him but it is, no one tells you how you should play or what Pokemon you use and there are no rules to adhere to but your own.

You play by your own rules. Also the rest of your post seems like jargon especially since you came to the conclusion of maison AI and such which ironically would limit your choices.
>>
>>26781295
>Pokemans will have different sprites
>sprites
SM uses 3D models, not sprites
>each nature has 3 different poses
~800 Pokemon * 25 natures * 3 poses for each nature = 60,000 different poses to make, plus at least 20,000 edited textures for facial expressions
Yeah seems reasonable
>>
>>26781369
You forgot about the animations too. They can't use the same animations for each pose.

You know, some people don't realise how much work this would be. Hell I don't even think AAA games have this many unique assets.
>>
>>26779569
wont be different in any way, that guy just has autism so its best to ignore his posts
>>
One of the starters' final forms will be big and bara and everyone will hate them.
>>
>>26781169
Length isn't important. The fact that the later levels are a serious pain in the butt is. Being a completionist won't help.

>>26781416
I bet the freaking seal with be the bara. Clown bara, too. Like Mr Mine on steroids.
>>
>>26781349
>Not him but it is, no one tells you how you should play or what Pokemon you use
Yes, like I said, you can choose what Pokemon you use and that's part of the game

>there are no rules to adhere to but your own
What is this even supposed to mean? The game has rules, and you can do anything within those rules to succeed. If you want you can also self-impose more rules, but that is true of literally any game. Pokemon is not at all special in this regard, and I see nothing to suggest it was designed to be.
And no, being free to build your own team is not "making your own rules" because that is literally the whole point of Pokemon.

>especially since you came to the conclusion of maison AI and such which ironically would limit your choices.
Yeah, limit your choices to movesets and strategies that don't suck.
Having a lot of options doesn't mean you should be able make retarded decisions and build a shit team and still roll through the game no problem.
I'm not saying every trainer should have a full team of fully EV'd Pokemon, I'm just saying they should occasionally make smart decisions like switching and using tactics beyond just pretty much picking random moves.
All Pokemon would still be usable in-game, you'd just have to be smart about how you train, battle, and teambuild and maybe grind an extra level or two more than you would otherwise.
>>
File: pikachu abominations.jpg (71KB, 624x720px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu abominations.jpg
71KB, 624x720px
We are getting more pika clones. C'mon, game freak. I mean, REALLY?

The bat legendary (psy/ghost) will never be used competitively except as a one hit before death berserker. Sun lions everywhere.

There will be a third "secret" legendary.
>>
>>26781461
Come on dude, now you're just saying "nuh uh you have to play with a team of six and whatever Pokemon you're given! It doesn't matter if it makes the game easier or harder I have to play like this!"
This is just pathetic anon.

>Yeah, limit your choices to movesets and strategies that don't suck.
You really want to make the main game as centralized as VGC don't you.

You know what why don't you make a romhack proving if your ideas are good or not.

>All Pokemon would still be usable in-game
They really wouldn't, not with a Maison AI and such.
>>
>>26781099
>So what you're saying is that it was only the Exp that made a difference.
>Seeing as the levels were buffed and you were only given optional pokemon like with every game.
People just don't realize how much of an effect the Exp Share has.
Let's look at the numbers:

Let's look at an example of "buffed" levels: Champion Steven, the final boss of the main story, has level ranging from 55-58 in RSE.
In ORAS, he is buffed to 57-59.
The max level is only 1 higher, and no Pokemon gained more than 2 levels in the transition.
Keep in mind that this is the endgame, where experience accrued from the Exp Share will have built up the most

Let's compare that to how the Exp Share works:
All Pokemon not battling get 50% of the experience from each Pokemon defeated.
50% * 5 = 250% + 100% from the battling Pokemon = 350% of the original experience.
From defeating the same number of Pokemon, you get over 3 times the Exp.
I shouldn't even have to do any calculations to show that >3 times the Exp is far, far more than 1 or 2 levels.
>>
File: Audino Season.png (545KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
Audino Season.png
545KB, 564x564px
>>26781095
>SM is confirmed to have EXP scaling anyways
So, Audino is back in season?
>>
>>26778887
it will be the best game in the series
>>
My pkm Y 999h 59m
>>
File: Audino Massacre with Red.jpg (84KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Audino Massacre with Red.jpg
84KB, 450x600px
>>26781614
If Audino is in there. I bet it isn't because it's so infamous for EXP grinding.
>>
>>26781532
>Come on dude, now you're just saying "nuh uh you have to play with a team of six and whatever Pokemon you're given! It doesn't matter if it makes the game easier or harder I have to play like this!"
Why do you think you're given six Pokemon slots? Because that's the max the rules can allow. You don't have to play like that, but a team of at LEAST 4 or 5 Pokemon is clearly what they intended.
If you want to play something like just your starter or a monotype or a nuzlocke then go ahead, but that plainly and simply isn't using the resources available to their fullest, so if it becomes challenging then it's only challenging as a consequence of the way you chose to play.
There's no reason why the game should be pathetically easy when using your resources to the fullest just so that people who don't will still clear the game with no difficulty.

>You really want to make the main game as centralized as VGC don't you.
No? Learnsets would be the same, the available Pokemon would be the same, you'd just have to play a bit smarter. i.e. don't be that kid who only gives his Charizard 4 fire attacks because they're "cool"

>They really wouldn't, not with a Maison AI and such.
Like I said, they wouldn't have Maison-tier movesets and EVs, and they would use a lot of weaker Pokemon themselves.
Literally just the AI would be different. Youngster Billy with a level 18 Ratatta and a level 17 Pidgeotto isn't suddenly gonna wipe your whole team just because he picks his attacks a little smarter and switches if its appropriate.
>>
Uh, that sounds pretty reasonable. Every game in the franchise has been like that.
>>
>>26781095
>SM is confirmed to have EXP scaling anyways
This is news to me, what exactly do you mean by EXP scaling?
>>
>>26781820
me too. i never heard it at all.

citation needed otherwise its no happening
>>
>the same stupid 8 gyms and E4/Champion
>the same stupid villain summoning a legend, and they have nothing to do with the above
>the same stupid battle facility we've had since gen 5
>still sells like hotcakes because children are stupid
>>
>>26781820
>>26782494
Gen 5-style EXP scaling

taken from a Smogon post:
Level 6 Popplio catching Level 3 Ledyba: 21 EXP
Level 7 Popplio catching Level 2 Yungoose: 10 EXP
Level 7 Popplio defeating Level 3 Caterpie: 14 EXP (Trainer)
Level 7 Popplio defeating Level 4 Yungoose: 28 EXP (Trainer)
Level 3 Ledyba catching Level 5 Pikipek: 69 EXP
Level 7 Popplio defeating Level 6 Pichu: 44 EXP (Trainer)
Level 8 Popplio defeating Level 7 Litten: 81 EXP (Trainer)

compare the exp the Ledyba got from the Pikipek to the exp Popplio got from the Yungoos
>>
there will be water pokemon in the game and an area to surf in
>>
>>26778887
No matter what happens one thing is for sure. The games will be criticized for being too easy, having bad music, having a shit story, having shit designs, having lag, looking ugly and being the worst pokemon game that killed pokemon.

It could be the best pokemon game ever and people will call it the worst.
>>
>>26782552

Okay but what does this mean? Easier? Harder?
>>
>>26778887
>I'll have fun and at least half of /vp/ will hate me
>>
>>26778887
Rotom-dex: "Remember to save your game!"
>>
>>26782552
Oh shit, I never noticed this. This is fucking fantastic.
>>26782706
It means the game rewards you for training a whole team by giving lower-leveled mons more experience. If you overlevel one single Pokemon it'll get less and less exp as it gets higher leveled.

I don't know if the exp share will still function as it did in XYORAS, but exp scaling makes lower-leveled Pokemon catch up quicker.
>>
>>26783018
I personally think they'll keep the 6th gen exp share, since it makes training your whole team much less clunky. Combined with the scaling it should keep your ace from overleveling if you keep them in your party the whole game.
>>
>>26783099
It'll also keep your team from breaking the game as well since if the exp share is on all game and your team gets a bit over-leveled they'll get less exp to compensate. That's actually pretty damn great.
>>
>>26781099
>You do realise that Pokemon is literally a game that expects you to tailor you own gameplay right?
You do realize this doesn't address the point made whatsoever and is a vague and mostly irrelevant statement right?
>>
>>26781660
>Audinos become endangered through of all the trainers exp. farming them.
>>
>>26782552
for reference, a Trainer's level 3 Caterpie would normally yield 25 EXP
>>
>>26780698
shots fuckin fired
>>
>>26779043
capped, i'll remember you when this I see it, anon
>>
>>26781369
guess that answers why they gave up on the whole idea of having your mons walk beside you like in hgss
>>
>>26778887
that's literally every generation
>>
>>26783641
That's why it's a realistic expectation
>>
File: 1465692324180.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465692324180.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>26783649
goddammit
>>
>>26782552
Wait, was this not a thing in Gen 6?
I thought Gen 6 exp mechanics carried over from Gen 5
>>
>>26783628
Not really, doesn't explain why it was absent throughout all of Gen V
And since the overworld doesn't use chibi graphics any more in SM the justification right now is probably so that they don't have to worry about ridiculously huge Pokemon moving around the overworld
>>
>>26783606
Please remember me anon.
>>
>>26783688
The base exp for each Pokemon did, but not the scaling

gen 6 also exacerbated it with Amie giving a 20% boost to exp gain after 10 minutes of playing with your Pokemon
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.