[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working on a game. What kind of features and junk would y'all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1462552263334.jpg (90KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
1462552263334.jpg
90KB, 600x446px
Working on a game. What kind of features and junk would y'all want to see in a fan made game, given that you even play them?

Some areas of interest:
Route and city ideas
Moves and abilities
New pokemon and shitmon fixes
New weather or hm mechanics
Npc and small story elements
More interactive world
Any other wishes
>>
File: 1457146414209.jpg (67KB, 269x292px) Image search: [Google]
1457146414209.jpg
67KB, 269x292px
Also, the game is based on southeastern us, so anything that would fit with this. The theme is natural and man-made disaster alongside tradition and innovation.
>>
/heg/ too slow?

I'm making a game, too. I'm putting what I'd like to see in the actual games in mine. I wanted a Greece region, so I made one. Going for a RBYesque feel with newer mechanics.

I'm trying to stick to the base game without going overboard. IMO, fakemon and "fixes" better be on point. I'm more interested in what fans can do with the basic idea already.
>>
>>26779748
Yea, Heg is great for programming questions and updates, but I like to ask the general fanbase for ideas since there's a max of like 4 people in there.
>>
>>26779283
For starters hurricane and nuke based legendary pokemon.
>>
>>26779283
>>26780370
Tornados and alligators and something that represents extremely high levels of humidity and heatstroke.

And a Klan mon.
>>
>>26780336
Would be nice if it were busier. Surprised /vp/ users don't try making their own games given how much they evaluate and criticize the mainline ones.

Anyways OP, I think you should really research the (real life) region for areas of interest. Find some exciting areas that can be landmarks in your game. Try to place locations in logical order instead of throwing uninspired, out of place areas at the player a la Unova.

If you want to add new Pokemon, it'd be best if you had a full dex of them (like 90+ if you're mixing them in with old Pokemon). It's generally awkward to only have a small amount of fakemon. You can always compromise and add some fake megas to the game while having a dex of real Pokemon [I wouldn't add too many given the pace gamefreak are going at with megas, though).
>>
Champion battle is a tag battle.

2 Champions versus you and rival. Because where the fuck it is said that you can't have two Champions? (twins or something)

or if that's too boring, then how about a game set in a region where pokemon league hasn't been quite done yet (there are important and strong Trainers there and here, but not Gym Leaders or Elite Four or Champion or whatever, just some official representatives for other regions)
>>
>>26780436
>Surprised /vp/ users don't try making their own games given how much they evaluate and criticize the mainline ones.
That's because half of them have no idea where or how to start.
And they know their ideas for the most part are shit.
>>
>>26780468
Anyone think having beginner threads for hacking/essentials would be interesting? (Though I imagine they would focus on essentials...)
>>
>>26780562
Might be worth a shot. It would be nice to get a bigger development community going here
>>
>>26780562
It would be nice.
>>
>>26780562
I think the general is fine, but Rpgmaker is easy to learn and with essentials it's even easier.

Probably the most daunting part of the editor is RGSS, but once again not hard.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.