[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Convince to buy a Pokemon Machine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 2ds.png (164KB, 600x229px) Image search: [Google]
2ds.png
164KB, 600x229px
Back when gen 6 launched I had to skip out on it because I was a poorfag. Today I'm glad I did, because all I've heard and seen is that the games were sub par at best. It is five months until the SM launch, and I really want to get back into the series, but still have no 3DS or 2DS. What are the advantages of one over the other? I'm just gonna use it as a Pokemon machine anyways, so is the 2DS the way to go? Or do you guys think the games will be optimized for the New 3DS?
>>
>>26778064
If you're seriously going to use it just to play pokemon, a 2DS should be fine.
I like having a 3DS XL better because of the screen size and being able to fold it but that's just me. It all comes down to preference and what you're comfortable spending.
>>
>>26778064
Part of it would be hand size, but otherwise they're similar. Even though the 3DSXL and New 3DSXL screens are a good bit larger, the games are still played at the same resolution. Size compare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVoa1_cNcKQ
>>
>>26778064
>all I've heard and seen is that the games were sub par at best.

That's because people just like to whine, loudly. The games were perfectly fine. Maybe not the best in the series, but nothing in Gen VI was "subpar." At the very worst they were "mildly disappointing," which is still far from unplayable.
>>
>>26778186
This. If I were OP I would at least get X or something to tide over until SM. Plenty of stuff to do in a Gen VI game until then.
>>
File: 3082340-00000290_b.jpg (114KB, 800x573px) Image search: [Google]
3082340-00000290_b.jpg
114KB, 800x573px
This is the new 3ds Japan is getting with S&M, it looks great to me. There's bound to be a North American version announced as it gets closer to November. 90% sure it will either come as a bundle or with the game(s) pre-installed on it. I already own a regular 3ds but I'm kind of a merch fag so there's a good chance I'll buy it.
>>
>>26778186
>>26778199
Guess I'll give it a go if I end up buying a console before the new ones come out.
>>
>>26778064
the games were actually good despite what autists here said

if you buy based on what randoms on the internet say you're pretty much a fucking idiot. just get one of XY or ORAS and see how you like it. Also, the 2ds is dirt cheap and reliable. I've had mine for over 2 years with no problem
>>
>>26778216
If you're still uncertain, maybe because of the price, get one used. They're usually a lot less expensive and there's rarely anything wrong with them.
>>
>>26778216
if you like pokemon at all you'll like gen 6
>>
>>26778237
If the firmware is outdated on a used one, you'll also be able to inject mons. So that's a plus.
>>
>>26778064
Coming from a guy who owns a 2ds, you'll like it as long as you don't want to take it with you every day. I actually think it's more comfortable than the 3ds or 3dsxl, but you can't put it in a regular pocket. You can, however, fit it in one of the big cargo pant pockets.

And btw, if you're just going to play Pokemon, don't consider 3D when weighing your options. 3D only works in battles, and even then the framerate drops to PS3 Fallout levels.
>>
>>26778064
>he fell for the "gen vi is bad" meme
no wonder you were a poorfag
>>
>>26778244
>if you like pokemon at all you'll like gen 6
That's great to hear then.

>>26778263
no wonder you were a poorfag
Nah man, I just had a lot of shit going on at the time. Now that my economic situation is better I feel a bit more comfortable spending money on video games again.
>>
>>26778303
then go for it my man
>>
>>26778064
>Today I'm glad I did, because all I've heard and seen is that the games were sub par at best.

You're a retard who fall for /vp/'s meme
Gen 6 was infinitly better than Gen 5, just look at opinion anywhere outside of here

I bet you'll also ask /v/ for their opinion before buying the next TES game, you fucking sheeple, won't you?
>>
>>26778064
2DS is cheaper and does the same thing.
>>
>>26778363
>Getting this triggered
Calm down man, just asking before I buy a game. Back when I was young I used to buy shit games, so I grew kinda insecure about what to why and like having opinions before purchasing.
>>
>>26778391
just dont take the hivemind opinions on a cantonese asparegus board on the internet with a grain of salt. enjoy the games
>>
>>26778416
>cantonese asparegus board
Thanks for the laughs buddy. I'm sure I'll enjoy the games if I give them a go.
>>
File: index.png (14KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
14KB, 500x500px
>>26778247
>you'll also be able to inject mons.
You can inject a helluva lot more than that if the firmware's low enough.
>>
OP I just started replaying X and it's not as bad as I remember. I was really disappointed first time around but it's a lot better than people say.

Give it a shot. Also I personally bought a N3DS because I imagine SM will be optimized for it but if you're looking for something on the cheap I'd get a used 3DS. They're not that expensive any more
>>
>>26778247
If you get one with a firmware lower than 10.3 (which is all new ones on the shelf), you can, with a little effort, just get the game for free off the eshop's servers.
>>
>>26778257
For real?

One of my concerns was that im gonna miss on the 3d thing if I buy a 2ds.
Im in the same position as OP.
Was looking into used ones but im afraid of any defects. Not any reliable store for used in my area.
>>
You can't close a 2DS to fit easily in your pocket, so I would honestly recommend a proper 3DS, even if you end up keeping the 3D off (and I do recommend keeping the 3D off most of the time; it will give you a headache quick).
>>
>>26779233
The 3D will probably be optimized for the N3DS, but it is only in battles, or at least hat's how it is in gen 6. Still, a lot of people with a 3DS don't usually have the 3D feature turned on while playing.
>>
>>26779233
yeah, framerates are ridiculously slow, especially in double battles
>>
>>26779615
>Implying I would take a videogame anywhere
Don't really care about being able to play it on the go, just want it to play Pokemon.
>>
>>26778064
The 2Ds is fine if you aren't the sort to take your game out of your pocket, play it for 2 minutes, then put it back. It is an effort to get in in and out of most pockets, and there is a slight risk of tagging the power button when you are grabbing at it.

It's built like a brick shithouse, too. I'm clumsy as fuck, and have dropped mine easily a dozen times, and it only even dented once when it landed on a corner.
My buddy dropped his 3ds xl once on the carpet and the top half separated form the bottom.

I've heard that the 2DS doesn't come with 3d features, but nobody seems to think the normal 3DS does either.
>>
>>26779726
>I've heard that the 2DS doesn't come with 3d features, but nobody seems to think the normal 3DS does either.
Kek.
>>
kek anon, you got cucked out of the opportunity to play alongside your friends. Games were great.

On topic: 2DS is fine if you just want to get into as cheap as possible, but the 3DS clamshell gives me nostalgia for my old DS Lite so I went with that.
>>
File: 20160616_233214.jpg (903KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20160616_233214.jpg
903KB, 2048x1350px
2DS for giant GBA
>>
>>26778064
>letting a website of known nihilism and shitposting sway your opinion of something you haven't personally tried
If you can't properly form your own opinions and let others dictate what you think, you should probably do the world a favor and kill yourself
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.