[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BREAKING SHOCKING NEWS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

NOT REGIONAL RODENT CONFIRMED
>>
literally everybody in the world already knows this

how embarrassing for you
>>
>>26769577
THEN WHY IS IT BREAKING SHOCKING NEWS???

In seriousness though, I didn't see anyone post this specific image before. This provides more information, such as where we will likely encounter Yungoos and indicates the possibility he won't show up on two of the islands.
>>
>>26769557
hmm, guess clickbait titles don't work on this site
>>
>>26769557
They revealed Yungoos alongside the regional bird and bug, it should be pretty obvious its the regional rodent.
>>
>>26769889

It's not

The description states that Yungoose is hunting the regional rodent
>>
File: 1465923651353.png (348KB, 739x249px) Image search: [Google]
1465923651353.png
348KB, 739x249px
>>26769993
It says no such thing. It says "a certain other pokemon"
>>
>>26769557
None of the regional rodents aside from Rattata have been rodents.
>>
File: blackrat.jpg (526KB, 2121x1414px) Image search: [Google]
blackrat.jpg
526KB, 2121x1414px
>>26770059
>>26769889
OP here, yeah, I agree with you guys. Especially with Yungoos being found on Route 1, I'd agree that it's a regional rodent.

But I have an alternate theory now. Maybe there are two regional rodents? This one, and the one that Yungoos was brought into maintain.

And we know the "certain other pokemon" is a rodent because we know Mongooses were brought to Hawaii to deal with rats, specifically, the black rat (pictured).
>>
>>26770059
bidoof = guinea pig = rodent
patrat = groundhog = rodent
>>
Yungoos isn't the region's rodent, but it is the Gen VII rodent
>>
>>26769557
>introduced by the sugar industry to control rats in sugarcane fields
>yungoose is always hungry

candymouse confirmed
>>
>>26770123
Clarification, by "this one" I meant Yungoos
>>
>>26770048
Using the history of mongooses in Hawaii, and how they are an invasive species brought over specifically to eradicate RATS, it makes it pretty clear that Yungoose is in the Alola region to kill of the rats.
>>
Maybe there's a Rattata infestation in Alola
>>
>>26770123
It's just Rattata.
>>
>>26770206
Or maybe a parallel to Rattata?

But for real, I won't fucking get this game if they put that piece of shit mouse in there
>>
is anyone else bothered by this
if it isn't native then where is it from? an unspecified region that isn't any of the previous ones?
maybe if they had an NPC say this sort of info as an easter egg I wouldn't be as concerned, but flat out advertising it makes me think GameFreak is toying around with an eighth generation already
India region lol
>>
>>26769557
What if it was meant to control the Pichu population?
>>
>>26770127
Patrat is a meerkat and Bidoof is a beaver.
>>
>>26770261
>Ledyba and Caterpie in the very first route
Lol fat chance.
>>
>>26770284
Bibarel is the beaver.

Bidoof is a woodchuck.
>>
>>26770048
the true villain has yet to be revealed
>>
>>26770289
Caterpie?? I missed that. I know the trainer had it, but it didn't show up in the wild. I guess we could assume it's in the grass too b/c usually that's how it works at the start. All the initial trainers have Pokemon from the starting area.
>>26770284
Didn't even think of that. Maybe that's why Pikachu's design was the first thing we saw when Sun and Moon were introduced. It's possible they made an alternate form, but that could enrage the fan base so I'm not sure they'd do that.
>>
>>26770266
YESSSS
I'm sick of the urban nature of the last two regions. We need more places like Brazil, India, Africa, Hawaii etc. in our games. Cities are really no fun. And it's not like those countries/continents don't have cities either. They have their urban centres so it'll all fit.
>>
File: 1456625374411.png (386KB, 850x940px) Image search: [Google]
1456625374411.png
386KB, 850x940px
>>26770206

They purposely avoided showing us Yungoos' dex entry because it referred to the other Pokemon. Why would they do that if it was just Rattata?
>>
>>26770383
red herring
>>
>>26770405

I don't think they're that clever.
>>
>>26770657
>yfw the hidden mon is a literal red herring
>>
>>26769557
We all know
A rat pokemon with mexican theme (since Yunggos is Trump) will be introduced too
>>
>>26770369
>we need turd world nations as regions and are expected to believe that they have modern technology in them like pokecenters and will have 99% brown people instead of a mix like in Kalos or Alola
>we need more tropical regions after having two in a row
kys
>>
>>26770736
>oras hoenn
>tropical
Only battle maison island
>>
>>26770987
wew lad you serious
>>
>>26770736
I was talking about the main games, not the remakes. Plus, that shit isn't too hard to believe. Brazil is pretty modern, so are parts of India and Africa. I won't blame you for thinking that though because I used to think Egyptians lived in huts.

That being said, we've seen the most hate for urban-themed regions so far. Everyone enjoys the forests and wilderness in Pokemon games.
>>
>>26770284
>>26770290
Beavers are rodents.
>>
>>26770172
Just because it's based on something real, doesn't mean they are going to stick rigidly to real life history. Only autists like you would do that.
>>
>>26771079
>Everyone enjoys the forests and wilderness in Pokemon games.
You can get that anywhere. We haven't had a cold region since Sinnoh, we should have something like Russia or Canada next, and then maybe we can entertain another warm region.

>Brazil is pretty modern, so are parts of India and Africa. I won't blame you for thinking that though because I used to think Egyptians lived in huts.
Whatever you say, there's a difference between mud huts and still not modern. So far everything we've had has been in a western nation or Japan, ie modern first world countries. If you like those places so much you should move there yourself to prove it.
>>
>>26771205
wtf is wrong with you, you're so fucking xenophobic you can't even stand having a game in less developed countries, despite the fact it could be a lot of fun

Canada would be awesome though. I don't like Russia as a choice. It would be too bland and most people aren't too familiar with their culture, if they even have one.

I was referring more to XY (Paris) and BW (parts of USA) being shit. It had too much of a modern, city vibe and the cities weren't very aesthetically pleasing either.

I think you have the impression I would hate modern countries being the basis of our games, but I really don't. I just don't want those shit cities that no likes coming up again and having that ultra-modern theme.

One of the appeals of Alola is the more open/less modern tone it has. That's why I'd like Brazil, India, etc. because those are interesting foreign nations.

Sinnoh wasn't a cold region. It had areas that were cold, but overall, it'd say it was mild at best.
>>
File: 1420592183402.jpg (54KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
1420592183402.jpg
54KB, 566x480px
>>26769557
http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/hisc/info/invasive-species-profiles/mongoose/
it's an allusion to its real life counterpart you dumbshit
>>
Isn't the only rodent native to Hawaii a bat?
>>
>>26770146
I think you hit the nail on the head. The only question is, will it be this gen's Pikaclone?
>>
>>26770123
Isn't it more likely Yungoos was brought to hunt the regional Pika-Clone? Those are always rodents.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.