[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you hate fairy types? I hate them because reasons.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

Why do you hate fairy types?
I hate them because reasons.
>>
because they ended up with a chance to exist Light Type
>>
>>26768466
because only fags like them
>>
>>26768530
>People who use fairy moves keep beating my all dragon team
>they must be fags
>>
File: Sylveon.png (743KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Sylveon.png
743KB, 1280x1280px
>>26768466
I don't hate them, but I certainly don't like them. I think out of all the types, they feel the most artificial, as if GF wasn't trying to make something new and interesting, just something to balance the meta and pander to little kids (wich is the clear and obvious goal of the fairy type as a whole).

It seems to have debalanced the meta more than it was before, becoming such a good counter it basically became a staple of every team. They take the spotlight away from many other pokemon that could serve their role, if their type didn't provide the pokemon with it a natural advantage.

I also have personal reasons, of course. I was a dragonfag, and still am, so I'll always be a little salty about the introduction of a perfect counter to my favourite type, but it is minor since I can understand why it needed to exist (I'm not sre if it needed to be completely imune, but its ok). And some external reasons relating to my shitty couple of friends who seems to want to fuck any pokemon as long as it has fairy typing.

Also pic related. I love pokemon amie, but this thing is just a horrible gimmick that was better off left in the unused design bin
>>
>>26768466
But then why post such cute pictures of them, OP?
>>
File: maw m.jpg (26KB, 304x244px) Image search: [Google]
maw m.jpg
26KB, 304x244px
I don't, it's my 2nd favorite type after Grass because it makes shitty dragonfags so angry.
My favorite Pokemon is also fairy.
>>
>>26768466
I love them.
>>
>>26768466
reasons like?
>>
>>26768651
>tfw your favorite pokemon since gen 3 becomes so competitively viable that Smogon fags ban it day one

Don't give a fuck. Running Mawile on every team from now on.
>>
File: Ragdoll Blaziken.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ragdoll Blaziken.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>26768466
I hate them because they made Psychic even worse when it was already a bad type.
>>
>>26768660
Why? did they have to make it super effective against my bro dark types, Fighting types didn't deserve more shitting on.
>>
>>26768609
This.

Being the "Meta" type is the most solid definition I can come up with. They kind of styled Fairy as "Pink Blobs" and "The Moon" but were very inconsistent with giving it out. I have a solid idea what a Dragon, Fire, or Psychic type needs to be. Fairy is worse than Dark for just being a color.

They did not to their job of hard countering Dragons as well as advertised, because most of the Dragons in question are great for reasons beyond typing. Garchomp hardly noticed fairies, for example. It made The Button a bit riskier, at best. Hydreigon is pretty much the only dragon really affected, along with the weaker dragons that didn't need nerfing anyways.

The Fairy type is very overpowered, having weaknesses to the two worst offensive types (they stayed the worst even after Fairy's introduction), and resist several good types. And Bug. Offensively, Fairy is a solid type, though not as good as it is defensivly. It bothers me that Fairy has so many two-way relationships as well. Bug and Fire are literally the only two interactions that aren't a hard win or loss for Fairy. It just seems messy.
It also bothers me that Moonblast has 95 bp, while the other special mainstays like Ice Beam got nerfed down to 90.

The most damning of all, is that there are no good fairy types. "But Muh Sylveon, and muh Xerneas!" No, Sylveon and Xerneas are not good pokemon. Pixilate and Geomancy are very good tricks. Name a fairy that gets by on being a good pokemon, not for having an OP ability, or Geomancy. Just try to use Clefable without unaware, Sylveon without Pixilate, or Xerneas without Geomancy. I dare you. Gardevoir is about as good as it gets, or maybe Diancie.
Related to this, the Fairy Type is the posterchild for what is wrong with the current Meta. one OP trick supplanting actual strategy. Fairy should not take all the blame for this, Smogonbird and Megamom had a worse impact, make no mistake, but the type serves as a broad example.
>>
>>26768504
Light type was never a chance

Dark is only Dark in English
>>
File: 1465864551002.gif (120KB, 244x255px) Image search: [Google]
1465864551002.gif
120KB, 244x255px
>>26768466
Obnoxious fans
Fucked over Hydreigon and Scrafty
Made bug types even worse
Used as a staple in every team
All the gen 6 fairies look like shit aside from some of the megas
>>
File: fairy.gif (917B, 32x12px) Image search: [Google]
fairy.gif
917B, 32x12px
>>26768466

I love fairy type Pokémon.
>>
>>26768867
How is any pokemon supposed to be good without good moves or abilities?

Some pokemon have great stats but their limited movepool and/or ability make them utter shit.
>>
>>26768986
There's many pokemon that have ok abilities tha are excelent. Sure, good abilities can make them better, but it isn't necessary. He's saying for fairies, it is necessary
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 1182x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 1182x675px
>>26768466
DEATH TO FAIRIES!
>>
>>26768892
I hate you so much, Richard.
>>
>>26769029
Sylveon doesnt need pixelate to be okay, though
>>
>>26769101
Yeah she does, otherwise she's simply a mediocre tank, and many others could play a better role.
>>
>>26769101
Without Pixelate it would be RU at best. Nonexistant in Doubles aswell
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.