[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pokemon caught >get exp >they kept Gen VI's exp system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: DgxvDO9.png (405KB, 760x501px) Image search: [Google]
DgxvDO9.png
405KB, 760x501px
>pokemon caught
>get exp
>they kept Gen VI's exp system
>>
Its not as bad compared to the revamped Exp Share. Instead of Exp. All from the start, hope make it exclusive to postgame while having the Exp Share as the non postgame alternative.
>>
>>26747788
but isnt less exp just false difficulty anyway? Idk why you'd WANT to grind more. What a waste of time, it's like people who do shiny hunts because they're autistic over the authenticity. Like... who the fuck actually cares? Why would you waste even 1 hour of your life when you could just get one immediately.

I could care less either way but I think you're being a bit of a nitpicking first world bitch op.
>>
>>26747788
It was bullshit NOT getting exp for catching Pokemon for five generations. More effort is involved in doing so than just pressing a maximum of 2 buttons to end the battle.
>>
>>26747788
Used up all the Spongebob pictures, huh?
>>
>>26748132
Why should there even be roads between the towns? I don't to waste time walking to fictional places.

Why should there even be towns? They're arbitrary divisions, just put everything I need in a single place.

Why should there even be gyms and the e4? Ultimately I'm not really achieving anything or overcoming any real challenges.
>>
>>26747788
>they kept Gen VI's exp system
Good
I always thought it was dumb that your pokes didn't get experience in a battle if you catch it.
No matter how long or tough the battle was you get no exp? Thats silly.
>>
>>26748148
Bad comparison. Try again.
>>
how desperate can you be for things to nitpick that you're whining about what equates to maybe 3 or 4 whole levels throughout the course of the game?

holy fucking shit this board
>>
>>26748148
shiny state has no effect on any other aspect of the game. It's literally an optional thing people CHOOSE to do, those people are fucking batshit crazy. I mean yeah sure when you can't cheat somehow then FINE, like the start of XY. But oh my god, use a fucking 6IV hacked ditto at the very least, and if you MUST have a wild pokemon then holy shit dude hack it in.

I like exploring an environment, because it actually provides me with entertainment and I appreciate that. But what does hunting 049204902 hours for a fucking shiny reward you with? You can at least go from 1 destination to another in a matter of 10 - 15 minutes in pokemon. I think your analogies are way out of line here, and obviously are one of these autistic ocd authenticfags who care way too much for something that's so irrelevant to let it actually interfere with a healthy or respectable lifestyle or hobby/other hobbies. You're CHOOSING to waste countless hours on something that is effectively meaningless and unremarkable.
>>
>Defeat 50 wild Pidgey
>Life goes on
>Catch one wild Pidgey
>FUCK YOU GAMEFREAK FOR GIVING ME EXPERIENCE REEEEEEEEEEE

I like to believe this is bait, but /vp/ really is just this autistic.
>>
>>26747788
See
>>26748285
>>
>>26747788
>Instantly switch and spends the rest of the fight in its pokéball
>Get experience from that somehow

>Long, gruesome fight against a legendary pokémon
>Don't get any experience out of that because at some point the trainer threw some shit at the target
>>
>>26748132
You couldn't care less.
If you could care less, that means you do care.
>>
>I dont like thing
>NO ONE should like thing

Stop being an entitled cunt, OP.
>>
>>26747788
>We will never have Gen5s exp system again
Man, it was a pretty good system too. I really don't mind the Exp. All though, makes EV training a breeze with hordes.
>>
>>26748881
I just want the ability to not have it affect my entire team, like an exp all and an exp share. 'cause i get anal about my teammates being the same level
>>
>>26748881
But I've heard the footage showed that the level scaling was back?
>>
>>26748881
Gen V's exp system is one of the reasons people hated Unova's late levels evolutions.

>>26748908
Don't use it then? Surely you're not a casual that can't switch out Pokemon??
>>
>>26748148
>Why should there even be gyms and the e4? Ultimately I'm not really achieving anything or overcoming any real challenges.
That's only true in XY.
>>
>>26747788
>nearly defeat a pokemon
>spend possible extra minutes trying to catch it
>in this time you could have fought like 2 other mons

I don't see the problem
>>
>>26748881
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-vii-pok%C3%A9mon-sun-and-moon-and-up-to-date-news.3549746/page-144#post-6853938
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-vii-pok%C3%A9mon-sun-and-moon-and-up-to-date-news.3549746/page-146#post-6854141
>>
just what the fuck is wrong with getting exp for catching pokémon? It happens ONCE every while and it's NOTHING since it's a wild pokémon and you complain about THIS

The pokemon fought it LITERALLY GAINED EXPERIENCE
>>
>>26747788
>using your caught pokemon to whittle down wild pokemon health
>catch wild pokemon
>caught pokemon used to weaken wild pokemon sit there like shit I didn't learn anything from this
>>
>>26748132
What if you want to be underleveled you fucking mong.
>>
>>26749322
Then run from battles and avoid trainers like the plague, you retard.
>>
>>26748132
I;d like it if trainers were actually balanced for the amount of xp you'd get, but GF won't do it.
>>
File: black guy makes a point.jpg (47KB, 416x431px) Image search: [Google]
black guy makes a point.jpg
47KB, 416x431px
>>26749185

Good Point.
>>
>>26748965
You mean in every game, they're all piss easy, hell gen 1 is the easiest
>>
>>26748132
>why you'd WANT to grind more.
You never need to grind in Pokemon games regardless of whether or not you're underleveled. Grinding is a crutch for shit players.
>>
>>26748856

You know what, you're right - I did fuck up on that. Somewhat I'm glad you pointed that out, I'm usually really cautious about making that mistake but I sorta just let myself go.
>>
File: I think the temp is just fine.jpg (98KB, 1078x1000px) Image search: [Google]
I think the temp is just fine.jpg
98KB, 1078x1000px
Just my dumb as hell opinion on the matter:

>1. If you quick ball a pokemon, and it's caught, no EXP is rewarded. Your pokemon just stood there and did nothing. This should not be EXP+.

>2. The longer a pokemon can stay alive while its trainer is tossing balls at the foe, the more EXP should should be received, as your pokemon is now trying to stay in the fight long enough for you to catch the enemy.

>3. 2 should be capped so that people don't try to abuse the system, or it should be done in such a way that fainting the enemy always gives more EXP.

I never understood why in the first few gens, when a pokemon fights hard to capture a pokemon, that they never got experience because it's sometimes harder to catch a mon then to faint them. I felt that the adding EXP for capture made sense, but not when QUICK BALL free exp is given.
>>
...Who cares?
>>
>>26749486
They would never devote this much effort to such an unimpactful feature

Literally nothing wrong with getting EXP from a catch, no matter how you caught the mon
>>
>>26747788
why does this matter
its not like you will honestly catch that many pokemon in your first playthrough, and even if you did, there are probably easier ways to grind up exp by far.
>>
>>26749428
I meant this sort of sarcastically, because catching pokemon would yield marginal collective exp. I mean seriously, even if you caught 100 pokemon you'd barely see much influence. Like wow, maybe 3 levels worth (depending on the level brackets, lets keep it relative though), "m-muh difficulty".

"shit players grind" This game is for children, CHILDREN. You know like 12 and under mostly? Yeah, wow, you're so much better than them because you had it "so hard" in the "old gens". Yunno, from what you're saying, you're telling me you can beat a level 15 team at level 5 (or even 10). If you mean to add more pokemon, then what's the difference between leveling one pokemon or having 6 weaker pokemon that all are too slow and don't have the hp to withstand one hit? Like either way you're trying to compensate for levels with more pokemon, which doesn't work anyway?

No, nobody has to "truly" grind in pokemon - not even the old gens. You just need reasonable levels from natural progression and a move to counter the next gym type. The only "difficulty" was that there was no exp share, so if your main mon couldnt learn the type of move you needed then you had to go catch one and train it individually. Which I guess... IS still grinding????? So idk about you, but killing a pidgey over and over again to have type counter at a reasonable level is neither difficult or necessary. It's just boring and offers no entertainment at all. I agree that gym leaders should be a challenge, but you're going to get the same outcome with the same team regardless of how you get exp. Like what's the difference between a team with 2 level 10 pokemon without exp share and catch exp, and a team with 2 level 10 pokemon with both? The only difference is that one takes much fucking longer for no reason to obtain the same results.

So yeah, keep your bullshit to yourself thanks.
>>
>>26749672
>I hate games that require me to go out and hunt down the tools I need to win and work for my success.

Sounds like RPGs just aren't for you, anon.
>>
>>26750475
When did he say this?
>>
>>26750517
>idk about you, but killing a pidgey over and over again to have type counter at a reasonable level is neither difficult or necessary. It's just boring and offers no entertainment at all.
>Which I guess... IS still grinding?????
He indirectly refers to these acts as "grinding" and then states he finds them boring and unecessary. Grinding is the act of going out of your way to ensure that you have every tool you need (and maybe some excess) to make actual long-term progress in the game. He's saying he doesn't like that and thinks it's boring and not entertaining.

There's nothing wrong with not finding fun in grinding. Even people that LIKE grindy games usually have a limit. However, RPGs (and especially JRPGs) are really prone to forcing you to grind. When you have a dislike for a core gameplay aspect typical to the genre, the genre probably isn't for you.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.