[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how can you hate the models when this guy exists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 11

File: kCTzj4V.gif (663KB, 329x410px) Image search: [Google]
kCTzj4V.gif
663KB, 329x410px
how can you hate the models when this guy exists?
>>
File: 357.png (9KB, 198x120px) Image search: [Google]
357.png
9KB, 198x120px
>>
>>26747762

Because not all Pokemon were given such loving attention when it comes to their animations, idle or otherwise.
>>
>>26747812
Well I seriously hope the lack of models in status screen means people won't use the status screen anymore to judge the "model animation"
>>
File: 385.png (3KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
385.png
3KB, 120x120px
>>26747762
look at what they did to my fucking baby
this model is fucking trash

I don't hate models in general because sprites had their fair share of shitmons. But XY had a TON that were outright shit.
>>
File: raichu-3.gif (264KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
raichu-3.gif
264KB, 192x192px
>>26748178
They had a chance to fix Raichu too, and they didn't do it. They made it look worse. It has those void of understanding autistic eyes. Its head is giant and all the features are too small and centered. Don't even get me started on its ugly body shape...
>>
File: Haxorus-AttackAnimation-3-XY.gif (459KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
Haxorus-AttackAnimation-3-XY.gif
459KB, 192x192px
Haxorus was a surprise bro for me and his model is just awful. :(
>>
>>26748185
Looks fine to me
>>
File: Tierno_Raichu.png (2MB, 1566x881px) Image search: [Google]
Tierno_Raichu.png
2MB, 1566x881px
>>26748185
i mean LOOK AT HOW CUTE THIS THING SHOULD BE. The reason people don't like Raichu is probably more because it's fucking disgusting in game in EVERY generation more than its useless competitive viability.
>>
File: 250px-026Raichu.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-026Raichu.png
46KB, 250x250px
>>26748200
One of my favourite images.
>>
>>26747762
I don't. Models may have wrecked several designs but I feel like they redeemed enough to even things out. I can actually look at Walrein without vomiting now.
>>
>>26748185
>tfw Massive fan of Raichu
>tfw they just keep making my bro look uglier with each gen

ITS NOT FAIR
>>
>>26748192
there is nothing wrong with this
>>
>>26748178
>>26748192
>>26748185
They look the same as ever.
>>
File: vlGWp9l.gif (192KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
vlGWp9l.gif
192KB, 192x192px
This is the best argument for models.
>>
File: raichu_pixel_by_chibignoufs.jpg (58KB, 402x262px) Image search: [Google]
raichu_pixel_by_chibignoufs.jpg
58KB, 402x262px
>>26748231
it really isn't, it's the evolution of the freaking mascot and they treat it like garbage. It was my favourite pokemon when I first saw the show and I just couldn't continue liking it anymore after that because they keep making it so ugly in the game. It almost looks like an entirely different pokemon in some cases.

Look at all these vomit.gifs
>>
>>26748239

You'd have to have some kind of visual dysfunction to not be able to see that these models pale in comparison to what they should be. That Jirachi model doesn't even come close to looking as cute as its artwork, nor any other sprite.

And that Raichu is in the same boat.
>>
File: jir.gif (970KB, 365x274px) Image search: [Google]
jir.gif
970KB, 365x274px
>>26748271
And you probably have some mental illness that makes you see things how you think they look like instead of how they actually are. They look the fucking same.

Same for that Raichu, excluding that he always looked awful in any game it was in like >>26748246
shows.

Just bitching for the sake of bitching. Won't even comment on the autistic Haxorus posters.
>>
ITT: DANGEROUS amounts of autism
>>
>>26748301
You know what, I agree that amie displays the model better - and the animations help it a lot. I never used Jirachi in amie and everywhere else the features are lost. But I do think the shading is a big part of what ruins it for me. it makes it look like its "chin" is way higher up than what it should be from anime renditions.

However because that shading exists on the model, I have to include it while judging as a "whole". I think it's still uglier, it may be a minimal feature but that shading does a lot and changes perception. I thought its head was a bit more bobbly, but it gradually just goes down into a body. The model also looks terrible while in battle, where it's objectively more important than in Amie. Another factor is that it wasn't "scaled" entirely correct. Hopefully SM will fix that shit with the smaller pokemon.

It really is just the shading though, it's way too high.
>>
>>26748337
But the hovering Skarmory is just lazy...
>>
>>26748301
The raichu model has centralized face detail on a big head syndrome. The eyes aren't big enough or spread apart enough. The head needs to be a bit smaller and idk how the ears of Raichu got so dorky and massive. I guess those ears could be cute if they just got the face and head a little more accurate.
>>
>>26748356
it's a stealth fighter

I don't mind hovering Xatu, Salamence and Skarmory

it's Tropius and Swellow that look off (I get what they're going for Swellow as apparently it's supposed to be a "diving" position, but it looks off when shown horizontally)

With that said, many of the complaints of models "not looking animated" comes from the fact that they are ripped from the status screen
>>
>>26748301
This post is

>I know you are but what am I?
>>
>>26747762
Nobody actually thinks models are bad, it's just unovabortions that don't like them because they show how bad gen 5 sprites and animations were.
>>
>>26747762
The only flaw i saw in models is that their colors are a bit off, except for that there is nothing wrong with them.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.