[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pikipek speculation thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160615_071633.jpg (52KB, 669x613px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160615_071633.jpg
52KB, 669x613px
Ok so giving skill link to a flying type pokemon was the coolest idea I've heard in a while.
Upon looking at the moves of other flying types and its description these are some of the moves it could get:
>Fly
>Steel wing
>Giga impact
>Return
>U-turn
>Steel wing
>Acrobatics (not certain)
And maybe since its beak is shaped like a drill
>Drill peck
>Drill run
In terms of skill link triggered moves
Fury attack (Hopefully will be buffed to 25 power for competitive viability)
Bullet seed
Rock blast (not entirely certain)
Also hopefully it will have a new flying type pecking multi-hit move.
In terms of stats from what I gathered Talonflame is the early bird with the highest base stat total with 499 so its safe to assume it won't break the 500 mark.
The hp seems to cap at 85 and the lowest was 78 with talonflame
The attack varies from 80 to 120.
Defences seem generally low with defence around 70(max 80) and spd around 60(max 70)
Special attack hopefully it will be as low as possible but Talonflame has the highest one from the early birds.
And speed highly varies the lowest being Unfezant with 93 and highest being Talonflame with 127.
>>
I think every Skill Link pokemon learns Rock Blast for some reason, and this one even has rock related factoids so I'd be shocked if it didn't get it.

I kinda want it to become Steel/Flying, though the only thing denoting it might are the steel grey beak and feet.

Neither are really strong evidence it will, so I'm not getting my hopes up
>>
Can we stop fussing over the leaked mons? The hype ended a while ago.
>>
>>26745890
>leaked
>>
Steel/Flying is way too strong for a common bird in the game. This part matters a lot when it comes to game design.

It will most probably stay Normal/Flying.
>>
>>26746113
Well idk if it will be too strong. If its only the final stage which you get at lv 30+ it doesn't feel like such a stretch and the beak does feel kind of metalic. But I don't want to get my hopes up just yet.
>>
>>26746113
It could work with subpar base stats. I alreadly imagine it getting a jackhammer or drill shaped beak when it evolves.
>>
>>26746113
To be fair Talonflame is pretty much a god at this point and its typing by most standards is worse then Steel/Flying. Typing alone wont dictate whether it will be good or not, and the fact that it does mention breaking rocks with its beak, does lend to the idea. Nothing solid but I could see it. With all that said, your probably still right.

As OP said, I hope they make a new flying type move that can abuse the skill link. Possibly something like Icicle Spear with Cloyster, giving it a high power fly move that would be mostly unique to it due to the ability, even if it became wide spread.

Im actually pretty excited for Pikipek, since ive never really used a regional bird for a run through. Unless Peliper counts I guess.
>>
File: huh.png (39KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
39KB, 321x322px
>>26745879
>its beak becomes a jackhammer

I'm down for that.
>>
Hopefully it gets close combat or superpower but it doesn't seem sturdy enough to pull them off.
>>
>>26747388
Eh -- Drill Run would have better coverage I think.
>>
>>26747511
Hopefully it gets it since its beak does resemble a drill even the pokemon site uses the word drill
>>
>>26745848
>Talonflame is the early bird with the highest base stat total with 499 so its safe to assume it won't break the 500 mark.
Check the early regional bird stat trend again and tell me why it won't break 500 BST
>>
I think this one will have high attack like unfezant and staraptor.
>>
>>26745848
It will DEFINITELY get a new move that involves pecking 2-5 times to go with skill link. There's no way it won't happen
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.