[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This new trainer mechanic is the best thing ever. Prove me wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 2016-06-14 (1).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-14 (1).png
1MB, 1366x768px
This new trainer mechanic is the best thing ever. Prove me wrong.
>>
I guess it's more natural than spinning like a retard.
>>
>then
>get buttfucked by some dude all the way in rock tunnel or a ninja you didn't see coming with your pokemon already weakened

>now
>haha here's this friendly warning so you don't have to fight :)

yeah, older games totally weren't harder guys. We just grew up. It has absolutely nothing to do with the devs actively changing the franchise.
>>
Its very smart. Since they abandoned grid movement there is no longer a way to tell at which point their line of sight triggers. This way you have a short window to react.
>>
>>26744196

This is not an illogical way of looking at it actually.
>>
>>26744119
>not realizing that Ninjas and Rangers will actually work better since they won't indicate that they're trainers
>>
>>26744119
>then
>"I know that if I step one more to the right this trainer is going to want to battle me"
>now
>"I know that if I walk a couple more steps this trainer is going to battle me"

Fixed.
>>
>>26744066
care to explain?
I didn't saw that on the trailer (or saw that trailer at all).
>>
>>26744454
The screen goes all faded letterbox to telegraph there's a trainer ready to meet your gaze and battle with you.
>>
>>26744066
Nuzlockes are practically pointless now though
>>
>>26744119
>then
>I'll just walk around them or go back to town or fly, heal up, and then spam fire blast on my lv 70 chairzizerf

>Now
>Same shit
>Except it tells you fire blast is super effective on grass
????????????????????
>>
>>26744196
Hopefully they fixed the bug where trainers sometimes start a battle with you when you're off the grid and behind them
>>
>>26744585
Nuzlockes are always pointless. What's different now?
>>
>>26744585
How does that affect Nuzlockes?
If you pay attention to what your opponent is doing (and you should in a Nuzlocke) than this makes no difference.
>>
>>26744066

It's not gonna make me play the games, if these games have less than 100 New Pokémon.
>>
>>26744119
I'm loving how mad you cunts are over stuff like this
>>
>>26744066
post her idle animation
>>
I like it, it's flashy and adds a little flair, but it really has no use but that except maybe in areas with the camera super zoomed out

I like more that ones that are actually trainers toss their Poke Ball to designate it, so I don't talk to trainers looking for regular NPC's or viceversa
>>
>>26744219
I will be still be there for them, but GF might put a second npc nearby just to throw you off
>>
>>26744066
I like it. It feels like either the MC or the opposing trainer are squinting, like they've locked eyes and are ready for a fight.
That's right, I said it. I like the squint mechanic.
>>
>>26744585
How so?
>>
>>26744119
Are you retarded?
>>
File: fuck.png (144KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
144KB, 576x432px
>trainers are always visible on the battlefield now
>I'll be forced to see how tiny my Nidoking is first hand at all times
>>
>>26747960
Yeah, same. Adds just a very slight flair of tension to trainer encounters.
>>
>>26747968
Yes
>>
File: new encounter.jpg (175KB, 750x796px) Image search: [Google]
new encounter.jpg
175KB, 750x796px
>>26744600
>Except it tells you fire blast is super effective on grass
Retards that can't listen ITT
It doesn't indicate effectiveness if you haven't encountered/beaten/caught that pokemon yet.
So a first encounter to something won't tell you the effectiveness.
>>
>>26748055
that's some awful bait. all of these are normal effective on Pichu.
>>
>>26748064
It's not bait, they literally said that in the presentation.
>>
File: 1465820962569.jpg (30KB, 375x521px) Image search: [Google]
1465820962569.jpg
30KB, 375x521px
>>26748064
It's tells you if the the moves are Neutral of "Effective" as it is put. Check yourself before you wreck yourself faggot.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.