[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when they managed to casualize FUCKING POKEMON?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 28

File: 1495707302303.png (46KB, 179x148px) Image search: [Google]
1495707302303.png
46KB, 179x148px
>>
>>26732407
boo fucking hoo

i look forward to the asspain this will cause you cunts
>>
>>26732407
It's always been for casuals. These are called "quality of life" changes.
>>
>>26732407
>you can see how shit has been affected
Holy shit, please make this something that can be turned off. Also, finish the fight with the damn Ledyba already and run into something new.
>>
File: 1464231296258.jpg (199KB, 554x603px) Image search: [Google]
1464231296258.jpg
199KB, 554x603px
>>26732407
It took you this long to realize that you are playing a casual baby game?
>>
>>26732407
>casualizing a game for fucking children
And this is actuall quite a nice thing to ad, it's like it's on showdown now.
>>
>>26732407
I was on cloud nine, because they added stat chance info
>>
>catch Yungoos
>hide evolution hint thing
Fuck you.
>>
>>26732407
It's a fucking prerelease demo you nimcopoop
>>
>>26732407
How is this any different or worse than needing to go online to find a type matchup chart?
>>
What exactly is the problem here? Anybody on /vp/ already knows the type matchup chart by heart.
>>
You get a warning for trainer battles
>>
>>26732734
>needing to go online for this
Jesus, this is beyond casual friendly; it's retard friendly.
>>
>>26732407
Did you take this long to notice that? Did you not play any pokemon game all this time?
>>
>>26732857
Did you just guess type match ups then?
Surely you looked something up.
>>
>something that saves you time from googling typings

who gives a shit
>>
I know my matchups anyways, so I don't give a shit.
>>
>>26732407
>normal
>effective

wat
>>
>>26733321
Normal is effective on everything except for Ghost.
>>
>>26733321
Effective=Neutral
>>
>>26733527
it's not very effective on rock/steel
>>
>>26733528
as long as there is a toggle for the automatic effectiveness thing, then its fine. Or the ORAS pokemon finder thing on the bottom screen where seeing it enough gives you info. that would be fine as well, just not automatic knowledge right out of the gate
>>
>>26732407
mad about making a children's game easier for children
>>
>>26732407
All good players remember this anyway. What the point of not including this? This is a neat quality of life feature.
>>
>>26732407
Pokemon's supposed to be casual, you competitive dork
>>
>>26732407
>>26732643
>>26733981
>>26733996
>casualizing a game for fucking children
The fact that they don't let kids discover, think and figure out the shit for themselves like in the old days is the reason all the modern games are filled with "push x to jump", "go to point A
to do mission A", and all that shit.

So fuck you all who say this is not a bid deal: casualization is always bad no matter what.
>>
>>26733937
They mentioned that you don't gain this info until after you beat a Pokemon for the first time, so it's no different than what SMT does
>>
Sure, this is making it easy, but keeping track of stat drops is nice.
>>
If you know it's super effective. Who gives a fuck. It's for little kids to remember who cant remeber all 16 types weaknesses
>>
>>26732507
literally no one is forcing you to press the button, calm down son
>>
>>26732532
>>26732643
>>26733981

If you're so insistent on it being a game for children, then why the fuck are you here?
>>
>>26734041
mate these days people google a type chart, help was always there and doing this makes no difference to the scene
>>
This seems like a good thing. I always just looked this shit up alot anyway while battling. Saves me time.
>>
>>26734051
thats fine then. although with SMT, it doesnt tell you if its effective until you hit them with that move because demon types dont really exist, just move types
>>
You should be more concerned about whether or not Gym Leaders will be allowed to use more than 3 fucking Pokemon
>>
>>26732407
On this episode of "People on 4chan Complain Just Because They Can"...
>>
>>26734051
oh that's not bad I guess
>>
>>26732407
>Shows move effectiveness
>Help icon on moves all the time
>Shows status buffs
>Shows trainers sight to battle
>And probably the rotom dex shitting out help tips every second
Doesn't seem good senpai
>>
>>26733981
I was a children in 1999 I did fine, amazingly.
>>
>>26734041
Its called a quality of life change.

>impyling you never googled a type matchup chart

Holy autism
>>
Is it wrong that i'm completely fine with this? cause there is an occasion when I have no fucking clue what attack is effective on certain pokemon with uncomon dual typings.
>>
>>26734276
it isnt wrong, it just means your a filthy casual
>>
Casualization aside, this is the probably the biggest hint that we're getting a shit ton more multityped moves.
>>
>>26732407
I already know the chart by heart, all it will do is save me the thirty seconds I might have needed to remember if fighting resists poison.
>>
>>26734276
Of course, anon. If you don't like a feature then it ruins the game. That's how it works.
>>
>>26734301
Just like infinite tms am i rite?
>>
>>26732407
Move information's always been accessible mid-battle. It's just been difficult to get to.

This is literally just a shortcut, faggot.
>>
>>26734261
You also didn't have as many types as you had back then and all the more sophisticated changes to type weaknesses as well.
>>
So this kills The little meta tha Zoroark had right?
>>
>>26732407
>that big ass-screen
>only 3 moves
Am I the only one that thinks there could be space for more moves now? At least 6 IMO
>>
>>26734253
How are any of those a problem with Rotom being a new sort of holocaster?
The type effectivity is redundant rather than casual.
>>
>>26732407
Who the fuck cares? If you already know the type chart you can just ignore this, if you don't know it on a competitive fucking level though this is actually a good addition.
>>
>>26734267
It's called making shit easier until kids are unable to go through something like Mt.Coronet.
We all know what happened after DPPt and we all know why that happened, so don't go saying this is fine now.

You think a kid of today would be able to solve, let's say for example, Zelda Oracle of Time?
I got games completed up to 100% when I was a kid, and with no internet, in fact having internet was rare on those days.

Holy underage casual.
>>
>>26734276
no, everybody on this fucking board already knows how the type chart works, so this change has virtually no difference for any of the people complaining

If you're worried about casualization, worry about whether opponent teams in game will be a shit, or if the postgame is gonna be riding bikes around a circle for the 3rd time in a row.
>>
>>26734438
Of course not
>>
>>26734364
thats fine because they became super expensive and not needlessly limited
>>
>>26734098
Because we enjoy this game for children.
>>
>>26734276
it isn't wrong, it just means that people like >>26734301 think they're hot shit for memorizing stuff from a kid's game
>>
>>26733076

You mean the trainer school in every game along with all the NPCs who give you hints?
>>
>>26734041
It's a quality of life change. You get the info once you defeated the mon for the first time. So there's NO difference with looking it up online (exept having to actually look it up).

>>26734098
I may not be the main demographic anymore, I still like the games, and I love battling and training my mons.
I literaly don't care if the game is easy, I'm nuzlocking every one of my games since B/W, (didn't in ORAS), and will do so in SM too.
>>
>>26732407
what?
imagine that in gen2 with sudowoodo
it would have lost all the fun of discovering the opponent's type
>>
FOR KIDS
O
R
K
I
D
S
>>
>>26734673
Learn how to verticalpost, dipshit

F O R K I D S
O
R

K
I
D
S
>>
>>26734669
As a matter of fact, no, because it only show you effectiveness once it's registered. If it's the first time you fight a Pokemon, no spoiler for you!
>>
>>26734638
>You get the info once you defeated the mon for the first time
So instead of having to learn that pokemon's typing and the type effectiveness, you just let kids become even more brain dead?
I guess this is a necessary thing for the I-Pad generation, huh?

>So there's NO difference with looking it up online
I've read this excuse all over this thread.
Why are you making it look like learning the type matchups is incredibly hard? And why are you all assuming everyone has memory problems?
>>
>>26732407
You made this same topic on >>>/v/341278785

Fuck off shitposter. You're probably a console warring sonyfag too. Thanks for proving that all of you faggot shitposters come from /v/.
>>
To many underage casuals playing MY children's games these days... fuckin' Masuda *continues to play Pokemon on a dorito stained 3DS missing buttons*
>>
File: sarcasm.png (81KB, 198x181px) Image search: [Google]
sarcasm.png
81KB, 198x181px
>people complaining about this being a new feature
>the moment it's gone in a future game/gen people will bitch about it.
>>
>>26732734
This, /thread.
>>
>>26734430
>Three new types to learn
>some moves have extra effects already explained
Yes that makes it so much more difficult. I learned from watching the anime and trial and error. Plus relearning stuff they changed, unlike kids today (unless they go back to older games)
>>
>>26734766
It's amazing how the man-children here who've played for thirty years and can recite this shit while also telling you how to Smogon every single batle for every single Pokemon are getting this assblasted over absolutely nothing that affects them at all. Why the fuck do you care so much about the games doing the exact same thing a trip to Serebii would do?
>>
>>26734041
You are so mad.
>>
File: kemrit3.jpg (6KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
kemrit3.jpg
6KB, 249x250px
>people desperately trying to defend this as best they can

>''HURR ITS A CHILDRENS GAME ITS MEANT TO BE BRAINDEAD''
>''I-IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE MAIN GAME IS PISS EASY, POKEMON IS ALL ABOUT THE META"
>''YOU'RE COMPLAINING FOR THE SAKE OT IT''

Face it, every gen up until Gen 5 sold a fuckton and most 11 year olds could play and complete them without having their hand held constantly. Pokemon doesn't NEED to be this casualized, but the disease is spreading. Yeah, its a fucking children's game. OF COURSE its a childrens game, but that's no excuse whatsoever.

Pokemon is fucking dead.
>>
You could literally see the move effects if you went in the menu, and the super effective this is useful for shit like cradilly
>>
>>26734916
>>26734923
>only argument is literally "u mad"
whew
>>
>>26734924
>>26734514
>>
I like it. Obviously I pretty much know the entire type chart by now, but I don't want to have to look up a Pokemon just to know it's type and figure out if I'll be super effective or not. They didn't casualize it, they just made it quicker to figure out if you're super effective instead of making you waste time looking it up. I hope they show a difference between 4x and 2x weaknesses.
>>
>>26734950
>getting this mad about it in the first place

There's no argument here to begin with, you're whining about a kid's game that's not made for adults and was already easy as shit to begin with having some quality of life additions that affects your life not in the slightest.
>>
>>26734924
> REMEMBER WHEN POKEMON WAS GOOD?
> POKEMON WAS NEVER GOOD
meme
>>
>>26734897
The fuck? The anime, especially the English dub, is terrible if you want to learn about type match-ups. Then there's multi-type pokemon, pokemon that change types after mega evolving, and possibly more multi-type moves besides Flying Press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f3F8sKP2Yg
>>
>>26734924
If you REALLY need to get this pissed off about something this minor, you were never a fan of the series to begin with and you're an incredibly fickle little bitch.
>>
File: 1460403068375.jpg (28KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1460403068375.jpg
28KB, 500x555px
>>26734953

>everyone knows that you're meant to talk to this character, so lets put a big fucking arrow above his head

>everyone knows you're meant to ride your bike on bicycle road, so lets have a big flashing arrow saying ''RIDE YOUR BIKE'' appear above the player

>everyone knows this choice is the best choice, so lets clarify that to an extreme until any quick thinking or individual choice is rendered completely null for the sake of an audience so fucking dumb, they're probably not even going to play the game in the first place

sorry about escalating my point there, but I think you can see where I'm coming from
>>
File: 1444066516129.png (42KB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
1444066516129.png
42KB, 165x115px
>>26732407
>Mystery Dungeon does it
>no one cares
>Main game does it
>OMFG5oi£RJIODFCR=3 GAMEFREAK CASUL D:<<<<
>>
>>26732407
Nigga you can literally go online and see this shit, the only reason it was hard was because people keep forgetting the typings. I welcome this change.
>>
>>26734916
Funny how you mention Smogon when Pokemon Showdown has a feature that let's you find out the type weaknesses of a specific Pokemon.

>>26734514
This. What matters in the long run is the quality of the post-game and how solid the competitive scene is. Everything else is just a QOL upgrade.
>>
>>26735104
The fact that you even have to exaggerate just shows how petty it is to complain about this.

I'll be glad to bitch about casualization alongside you if something of actual substance is changed for the worst, but this is truly a non-issue. Having type matchup cues on the move screen won't save you if your opponent has coverage moves, anyways.
>>
>>26734916
>>26735007
>it doesn't affect you, why don't you liek it? :^)
It's amazing how little vision of future or poor capacity to put 2 and 2 together people like you have.

My concern isn't about how it affects me. Of course at this point this is a trivial change that has no negative effect on my runs as I know the type effectiveness very well etc.

My concern is how this affect the future players, who are kids now, and how they will affect future games (not only pokemon).
Because as it has been already explained by other posters (whose points you're ignoring); it decreased the capacity of kids to think and solve problems for themselves, which make them whine about already easy games being too hard, which ends up with developers making games even more casual.
My concern is not about pokemon. This has been happening in the industry for generations.
And I find amazing how you're ignoring this considering we have one of the most perfect examples in Pokemon with the case of Mt.Coronet.

Hilarious that the only "arguments" you're all spouting are ad hominems, "you're so mad" posts and "it's a childrens gaym m8".
>>
>>26732407
WHO CARESSZSDSSZAAUUUGHH
>>
it's something that explicitly doesn't activate until you've seen the mon once already in the campaign

are we even sure this will be a part of multiplayer? calm the fuck down.
>>
>>26734924
Then stop playing you cunt, you get this pissed off because of that just get the fuck out
>>
>>26735218
>muh slippery slope
>think of the children!

You have no argument, either. You're angry because they did something you don't like, that doesn't fit your personal idea of what the game should be and do. So you're going to nonstop rage over something that's the exact same thing as looking up Serebii or GameFAQS. Did you get this angry when those sites were created and "casualized" Pokemon?

It's a fucking children's hobby, save your energy and rage for more important things that actually affect your life.
>>
Confession: i didn't actually know steel's weaknesses by heart until the late 2000s
>>
>>26734438
It might actually help it
>>
>>26735207

>turn based game with rock paper scissors style gameplay
>game tells you which one to choose

But you can see, at a pre-school level, why people are complaining though, right? Because I think its pretty clear why people are voicing their opinions on this. Surely you're not retarded.
>>
>>26735121
It make the entire thing even funnier because the mystery dungeon series is harder than the main games.
>>
>>26735218
You are so mad
>>
>>26735314
>You have no argument
Thanks for ignoring the entirety of my post and reducing my points to a pair of greentexted buzzwords.
Also, I love the fact that you have to assume someone with a different opinion than yours has to be mad because it must be impossible for you to be wrong.
I'm completely calm and at no point have shown any sign of being angry: half your argument is literally the "I AM SILLY" fallacy.
>>26735365
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>26735351
>having autism
literally this doesnt affect gameplay at all. It is just an extra bit of info on screen. There is no harm in that you turbo FAG
>>
>something that helps new players learn pokemon types and literally does not fucking affect people that already do
why are we bitching?
>>
>>26735280

>voices valid criticism
>HURR IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN STOP PLAYING

/vp/ is teeming with underage once again
>>
>>26735351
>But you can see, at a pre-school level, why people are complaining though, right?

If you need to take the mental stance of a three-year-old in order to get angry about this, then you have major problems.

>turn based game with rock paper scissors style gameplay
>game tells you which one to choose

Hey, just like someone else needs to tell you how rock paper scissors works. Did you scream "LET ME FIGURE IT OUT ON MY OWN YOU FUCKING FUCKER FUCK FUCK!!" when someone explained how to play RPS?
>>
>>26732407
This is seriously a non-issue, for fucks sake.
>>
>>26735075
>there were no dual type pokémon in gen 1
I hate Sinnohfetuses
>>
>>26735438
you argue like your average /pol/ack. You getting maad, IM GETTING RICH
>>
File: krusty.jpg (3KB, 103x125px) Image search: [Google]
krusty.jpg
3KB, 103x125px
>>26735426

>pulling at straws this hard
>can't argue his point
>''y-you're just a faggot!''

Enjoying the summer?
>>
>>26735422
The game teaches you how to play, and you're pissed off about it. Did you get this pissed about Gen 1's instruction manual doing the same thing? I honestly have no fucking idea why you're getting this fucking mad at this feature. You're literally taking the "WON'T SOMWEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!" stance over a video game telling you how to play it and acting like five-year-olds are as smart and experienced as your old ass who's played for twenty years and can fart the type chart.
>>
File: 1459391704853.jpg (16KB, 213x395px) Image search: [Google]
1459391704853.jpg
16KB, 213x395px
>>26735461

>completely misunderstanding the point

That's genuinely fucking embarrassing. Go and read what people are saying before typing nonsense, please. Its whats best for this world.
>>
It is kinda a shitty feature, it makes the game feel dumbed down. There was always the trainer's school and BW2 had Pokestar for learning advanced battle strategies. Kinda makes the interface look ugly too.
>>
>>26734505
So you're saying dppt was the pinnacle of difficulty in pokemon games.
>>
>>26735438
>Valid criticism
>>
>IV grinding garbage for autists
>skill
I'm glad they fixed this garbage
>>
>>26735573
I'm not reading it, because ti's absolutely retarded. Grown men and women throwing tantrums about Pokemon of all things helping the player and then screaming slipperly slope fallacies of the entire video game industry "casualizing" is the height of cringe. Play the fucking games and ignore this extremely minor feature.
>>
>>26733919
Not very effective is still effective.
>>
>>26735573
>spongebib
stopped reading there
>>
File: pksal.jpg (45KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
pksal.jpg
45KB, 638x479px
>>26733981
Ever notice how the easier pokemon games get, the less they sell?
>>
>>26735682
Because correlation = causation, yes. Now show us the official statements that they sell worse because they're easier.
>>
>>26735570
>The game teaches you how to play, and you're pissed off about it
I'm not pissed, just worried.
And that is not teaching, that is permanent hand-holding.
>Did you get this pissed about Gen 1's instruction manual doing the same thing?
THAT, is teaching. Teaching is when you get shown something that you'll need to remember from that point.

I'm concerned because this kind of thing has already been proven to make games more easier. We're not talking about just pokemon here.
>acting like five-year-olds are as smart and experienced as your old ass who's played for twenty years and can fart the type chart
Today's kids couldn't hope to complete the three original Spyros (unlike the kids that played them on their time) and that is thanks to the casualization the industry has been suffering.
>>
>>26735710
The point is, there is no point in making the games easier if it's blatantly failing at attracting a wider audience. Early gens did not need this level of casualization to sell that well.
>>
>>26735503
It's J U S T information. How foes this change anythin?
Information that kiddies would have to look up otherwise. Not as big a deal as you are making it out to be.

>durr hurr it is summurr
>>
>>26735627
Nice literal sraw man you've got there man.
In nowhere you can read that conclusion on the post you quoted.
He was obviously referring to the interview where GF said how kids whined about Mt.Coronet being too hard (kek) and they decided they'll make their games easier from that point on.
>>
>>26735715
Spyros not even that far back, try metroid or something on for size.

Actually reminds me of the time beat ff7 when i was about 7-10 (took me ages)
>>
>>26735652

If you want to ignore pandering shit like this, then whatever. Continue to be spoon fed like a fucking minor and pre-order the damn thing. But if Pokemon didn't have this pointless, pandering ''HEY PRESS THIS BUTTON TO WIN'' gameplay in it before, then it doesn't need to fucking have it now. Let people voice their opinions, maybe it'll save this dying franchise.
>>
>>26735652
>"I'm not reading it because it's retarded"
>ignoring a different opinion
>literally SJW tier arguing capabilities
Why are you even discussing if you don't read what are you against?
>"screaming slipperly slope fallacies"
>it's not true if I use buzzwords!!
>>
>>26735771
Why because you needed 6 hm moves or something like that?

Honestly id say sinnoh is the hardest region, especially for the complexity are pure luck required to catch certain pokemon
>>
>>26735891
>Why because you needed 6 hm moves or something like that?
Because apparently japanese kids got lost in Mt.Coronet. It's kinda funny when I think about it.
>>
>>26735438
>Pokemon is dead
>valid criticism
kek
>>
>>26735855
in no way does an attack saying super effective imply that it is a "HEY PRESS DIS 2 WIN." In fact there are NPCs in older games which warn against spamming super E moves. This will probably return. U getting maad. IM GETTING RICH
>>
>>26732407
>press one button to see move info
>instead of going through menus
This is only a positive and you faggots should admit that you needed to check move details at least once.
>>
>>26735480
>>26735966
You're either underage or I don't uderstand how a grown guy can act so infantile.
>>
>>26734276
I always forget what shit like Armaldo and ludicolo is weak too, I think it's helpful because of shit like this. Maybe they will have strange type combos in this game that needs it?

I wonder if it will adjust it if a pokemon has volt absorb or something similar
>>
>>26735975
>you faggots should admit that you needed to check move details at least once
Not everyone has the same memory problems you guys seem to suffer.
>>
>>26732407
If you have half a brain then you should be able to tell what the pokemon you are fighting against is weak to.
>>
>>26735975
hold L and click on the moves to see details in the current games
>>
>>26736020
Im shitposting from work, earning mad cash, and you are upset at a childrens game. Time to re evaluate your life.
>>
File: hh0E3pD.png (12KB, 713x475px) Image search: [Google]
hh0E3pD.png
12KB, 713x475px
>>
>>26735948

Pokemon died with OR/AS. With X/Y's release came the diagnosis. Mega Evolutions, the EXP. share, easy gym leaders and rivals. Then OR/AS came along and gave some more legendaries Mega Evolutions for some reason, while forcing tons of legendaries on you.

It's so fucking easy to ''ignore'' this, or ''not use'' that, but in the end, the players who grew up with these games - 50% of the target audience - remember the games that were still aiming at the same age group, but actually had some degree of challenge. They weren't hard, but they weren't ''babby's first handheld game'' and they sold millions just the same.
>>
File: 1461060010218.png (131KB, 184x338px) Image search: [Google]
1461060010218.png
131KB, 184x338px
>>26735663
>>
>>26735749
Do you have any actual proof that they sell worse because they're easier? I can make up lots of charts about different things and say all the chages are because of something that eprsonally bothers me.

Gen 3 sold badly because people were upset you could't trade between it and Gens 1 and 2.
>>
>>26734468
>6 coverage moves instead of 4
smogon on suicide watch
>>
>>26736117
It was so poorly implemented that noone ever used it
>>
>>26732407

This better be only for the tutorial battle cause if it sticks around it's basically confirmed SM will be easier than XY.
>>
>>26736087
>Im shitposting from work
Just be careful with those promotions.
>>
>>26736080
There's only like, one or two Pokemon in any given regional dex with a typing that isn't made super obvious through its design
>>
>>26734924
>most 11 year olds could play and complete them without having their hand held constantly
This though. my three younger cousins were all able to beat DP, HGSS, BW, B2W2 and ORAS in that order. The youngest is now 8 and the oldest is 12. And this did this with barely any help from me and no help from the internet, in a language they didn't even speak (we're Dutch). Why does everyone think kids can't do anything on their own? Discovering is supposed to be part of the fun. I could do it, and I'm sure most here didn't look up a type chart when they started. It's like we can't possibly have kids make any mistakes in a video game and learning from them anymore.
>>
>>26732480
/thread
>>
>>26735359
when the main games get a real battle system with a spatial component people will complain less
>>
>>26736161
Im an intern, I was never going to get promoted.
>>
>>26736154
> it's basically confirmed SM will be easier than XY

No it isn't Super Mustery Dungeon has this feature and its difficulty blows any main series game out of the water
>>
>>26736117
Teachy TV was fine because it wasnt forced. it was a convenient option
>>
>>26736200
Sorry man.
>>
>>26735873
I know what you're against, and it's retarded so I'm not reading the same thing fifty times.

>hurr you're just as bad as an SJW because you won't listen to me!

Because what you're complaining about is nothing.
>>
>>26734924
>overweight manchild crying over chinese pixels
never change /vp/
>>
>>26736162
Then this will save you th 2-3 turns trying to figure out what type it is.
>>
I hope they will make pokedex useful. Why I should use fuckin wiki for stats and other shit like autist? It's game for portative console, just put all information in pokedex. And make IV shit visible. or delete IV system completely. Everyone using perfects anyway. It's just time consuming function
>>
>>26736206

This is gamefreak we're talking about, not spike-chunsoft. Spike Chunsoft has made challenging games before and continue to do so.

Gamefreak is afraid of challenge, hence why their games are getting easier and easier.
>>
>>26732407
Pokemon has always been a casual game so I guess it's nothing new..
>>
>>26736226
>I'm going to ignore because it means nothing to me
So since you don't want to argue about it, you're only in this thread to through insults around at people with a different opinion?
Welp.
>>
lmao they fucked up with this shit
this better be not in competitive/online battles.
>>
>>26736254
If SM is piss easy, it'll probably be because they continued the shitty trend of nobody using more than 3 Pokemon, and still refusing to bring back challenge mode. Not because of a quality of life feature that shows info that everybody on this board already knows by heart from playing these games for 20 fucking years.

This is reminding me of people getting mad about infinite TMs when all that did was remove the stupid hoarding aspect of techinical machines so people wouldn't have to beg for more through trades.
>>
>>26736302
You're angry over the game letting you know what would work best. It has absolutely no affect on you because you already know. So you have to turn to "Think of the children!" and "This means all video games forever are doomed!". Both of which are retarded. When they do something that actually does fundamentlaly change the gameplay system, like making all battles Triple Battles, making it an action RPG like Kingdom Hearts, or completely redoing the Type chart, then you'll have something to make a big stinky over.
>>
>>26734505
Why do you care what other children do or how 'smart' they are? That's pretty creepy, dude.
>>
>>26736170

>Trainer's school
>Teachy TV
>Help pages
>NPCs
>Pokestar Studios
>Pokenav/X-Transceiver

What was wrong with all these? I never looked up a type chart when I was a kid because it wasn't really difficult to figure it out, I'm not special or smart. Most of the type matchups are obvious and the ones that aren't you just learn along the way.

Is it really so bad to have people occasionally use the wrong move? If you take away the risk/reward element of battling the game will get boring very quickly.
>>
>>26736338
>yfw the game determines whether your opponent has thick fat and adjusts the type effectiveness readout
>>
>>26736338
this will make competitive tougher since now, nobody has any excuse to use the wrong move against you in battle
>>
>>26736170
>I'm sure most here didn't look up a type chart when they started
we wouldn't still be playing pokemon if we weren't so autistic that we felt the need to do that kind of thing to remove any sub-optimality, anon
>>
>>26736080
sudowoodo
wobuffet
nidoqueen
jynx
jirachi [why is this steel]
gligar
the musketeers [how is anyone supposed to realize they're fighting type if you just see their character?]
the florges line [most assume part grass]

tell me how you can tell the type of any of these pokemon without knowing theyre moves before hand
>>
>>26736338
Competitive players should already know the type chart. It literally has no effect on competitive play and is there as a quality of life change.
>>
>>26736381
>he doesn't want his offspring to be safe from rampant idiocy
do you really hate your balls this much?
>>
>>26736381
>>26735218
>>
>>26735998
>>26735998
Requesting more casualization.
>>
>>26736481
You know SMT takes note of stat changes too, right?
>>
Did people bitch this much when they introduced super training?
>>
>>26736378
You're extremely angry over anons having different opinions than yours. So you have to ignore the points made and saying they're retarded because you have no counter argument at all.
All you've been doing since your first post is throw insults and ad hominems around the place. You think that's arguing? Kek, that's the definition of shitposting.
>>
>>26735422
why do you care? You already know the type matchups, and it'll probably be disabled through the settings

Either way it's sad how you're writing an essay over a fucking childrens game, I dont like the feature but /vp/ is shit and it isnt worth an autistic thread that amounts to nothing

this is made by Game Freak of all devs too
>>
>>26736449
How about through trial and error, which is apparently too hard for kids nowadays (I'm not the anon you're replying to btw)
>>
>>26736529

Nah it was the opposite

>LOL NOW IT DOESNT TAKE 5 YEARS TO EV TRAIN (even though it never did in the first place)
>>
>>26736527
And showdown too, what do you mean? We had to rememebr stats changes before, and now we just can click there and watch, so I like it, but still, is casualization.
>>
>>26736449
that's the entire point of sudowoodo you faggot. you're supposed to be taken aback and figure out what's going on. it's a gameplay experience that they are no longer capable of putting into their games
>>
>>26736529
You can ignore super training though and just not use it, like the new exp share. If this can be turned off I'm fine with it, I just think it looks stupid.
>>
>>26736557
>why do you care? You already know the type matchups
That isn't the point of those posts. Read the two previous ones where he explains exactly THAT.
>Either way it's sad how you're writing an essay over a fucking childrens game
Why does it matter if someone doesn't explain his views in less than two phrases?
Jesus.
>>
>>26736561
new system
>meet new pokemon
>tells you nothing of its stats
>use a move thats super effective on it
>move now says super effective
old system
>meet new pokemon
>tells you nothing of its stats
>use a move thats super effective on it
>you now know that its super effective
haha so casualized XD
>>
>>26736529
no one but dumb faggots who think using a bike simulator means they deserve an advantage think creating your pokemon is part of competitive. this is actually in the combat system
>>
>>26736590
It stupid to call something that doesn't make a game any easier or harder "casualization".

You even admit that you like the feature, what is the problem? There is difference between having better visuals on when a stat buff is going to end and nobody but the champion being allowed to use more than 3 Pokemon against your 6.
>>
>>26735715
They flat out said during the treehouse thing that they hoped to expand the demographic as much as possible. You are literally raging over an option easily ignored only meant for people who might like or need it.

Kids sucked ass at playing games in the past and suck ass playing games now. It took fucking hours to get through parts as kids and as adults games can be completed with our eyes closed. Go back and actually play those old games and tell me they are difficult beyond shit controls and glitches ruining your progress.

All this does is cut out the middle man and keeps your attention on the game instead of being distracted while looking for type match ups on the Internet. Its still a learning experience because the game teaches you what moves are effective against certain types. And it still involves trial and error because it doesn't show the hints until after you defeat that pokemon for the first time.

Just admit you're a hateful retard and stop posting.
>>
>>26736639
>it's bad that kids have to remember things
Holy shit, you literally want the next generation to be braindead and the next games to be even more easy thanks to that.
>>
>>26736639
>>use a move thats super effective on it
>>you now know that its super effective
>people in support of this are so dumb that they don't realize you know immediately
>>
>>26736662
>It stupid to call something that doesn't make a game any easier

but it does
>>
>>26736666
>raging
Why do you keep with this?
Why is completely impossible in your mind for someone to have a different point of view unless they're retardedly angry?
You realize that huge fallacy only harms your arguments, right?
>>
>people would like some semblance of challenge
>"muh children's game"

Feck off with this shit. Children don't need someone to hold their hand through the entire game. Even they require some sort of challenge to enjoy a game.
>>
>>26734924
this

people who argue against people who get mad at this just need it because they always lose on battle spot!
>>
Quick! Name every type that a bug/fire interacts with defensively.

Dont google, use the top of your head.
Now keep in mind there are 272 type combinations, not counting abilities.
>>
File: 1464577562219.jpg (105KB, 395x370px) Image search: [Google]
1464577562219.jpg
105KB, 395x370px
>>26732407
Holy shit why is this allowed.

FRLG gave you a type chart but it's still a fucking type chart that you have to look at and you have to guess the enemy's type.

And /vp/ is fucking defending this? Are we actually filled with underage due to summer?
>>
>>26736456
I'm pretty sure my kid won't be made retarded because of a pokemon game. In fact I wouldn't hope my kid's intelligence and future weighs on how casual pokemon games get.

Don't have children.
>>
>>26736745
This.
>>
>>26736690
>>26736699
because the most memorable game with the most memorable mechanics and characters slightly reminding you of something already you know makes the entire next generation brain dead
>hey just reminding you that move is super effective
>already knew that, but you aren't in my way so thanks!
this is the normal playerbase
>hey just reminding you that move is super effective
>SHUT UP YOU FUCKING SHIT LORD AUTIST WHAT KIND OF FUCKING CASUAL DO YOU THINK I AM? REMOVE THIS MESSAGE OR I'M GETTING A REFUND I DON'T NEED YOU HAND HOLDING ME THE ENTIRE GAME
this is you
>>26736756
see
>>26736755
also
>pokemon game
>targeted at kids
>kids talking about it
FUCKING
GEE
BOSS
>>
>>26736738
Are you one of those argumentfags that just refuse to listen to what someone says because "they made a bad argument"?
Besides, you're literally using the slippery slope fallacy.
>>
>>26736707
Explain to me how the option of seeing what buffs are currently active in combat makes the game easier
>>
>>26736124
but in the end, the players who grew up with these games - 50% of the target audience - remember the games that were still aiming at the same age group, but actually had some degree of challenge
Strange, i don't remember something like that at all
>>
>>26736773
>>(((you)))
>>
>>26736746
kek calm down kid
>>
>>26736756
Silly anon, this board is full of underage throughout the whole year.
>>
>>26736785
You're the one who is refusing to listen by trivializing your opponents with "u mad" and using the "slippery slope" buzzword as real argument.
>>
>>26736535
I'm not mad. I'm pointing out how complaining about this is extremely stupid. You're the one who expressed how angry you were about this because "casualization", "think of the children", and slippery slopes where the entire world becomes a casual paradise thanks to Sun & Moon. All of your explanations are those over and over again. Sorry that I find your whining over this to be really dumn, but that's how it is. You could find an actual reason to be angry, or redifrect it towards something that actually matters.
>>
>>26736786
>oh I don't know how many times that Zerneas has it's stats boosted because I used (stat lower here)
>hey, now I can check it

I don't know why am I explaining it to you, it's ovbious. You are the only guy here who can't see it. Also take a special note on Smeargle.
>>
>>26736755
>best post for the "for" argument
>none of the shitters even look at it
pottery
>>
>>26736707
You must really hate RPGs and MMOs, then, for doing this as well. In fact they've been doing it long before Sun and Moon were even conceived.
>>
I don't give a shit because I know type effectiveness anyway
>>
>>26736738
You realize that your post is a red herring, an actual logical fallacy?

Youre still very obviously upset that the game doesn't fit your point of view and justifying it with 'think of the children' which, by the way, is also the logical fallacy emotional appeal.

But keep showing everyone how retarded you are, I'm sure someone's getting a kick out of it.
>>
>some autistis are really think being able to see buffs/stats/other information is bad
I think it's the same people who proud of having 6IV pokemon and want to be special. Real autism victims.
>>
>>26736831
>I'm pointing out how complaining about this is extremely stupid.
And I'm pointing out how I disagree, explain to me why can't I express my opinion but you can.
>You're the one who expressed how angry you were about this
WHERE
No seriously, be kind and point out where I did that.
>because "casualization", "think of the children", and slippery slopes
Reducing the arguments to buzzwords does not negates them.
>where the entire world becomes a casual paradise thanks to Sun & Moon
I'm just saying this is the kind of thing that has made the games more casual and easy over the years with shit like "press button Y to attack".
I did not say in any post that SM will be the sole responsible not the lone causer of the future casualization of other games.
You're literally strawmanning.
>>
>casualization
The games were never difficult, even games like SMTIV do the same thing, which is a game that would actually be a challenge for children.
Quality of life changes do nothing but make you have to remember less and focus more on the battle,
>>26736828
I'm not even that anon though, I just popped in to say that your fallacy buzzwords can be used against you. You're just doing the ole /v/ trick of saying "I'm right, here's why you can't debate this". Well, either baiting or very headstrong over non-issues.

The easiest ruse is to bring negatives up during hype times.
>>
>>26736804
Epic meme bro now you can sleep at night knowing you won that argument.
>>
>>26736885
Well uh, those games are all more casual than Pokemon! Yeah!
>>
>>26732407
It's really fucking sad, children didn't need it in the past so I don't really see why would they need it now. Are kids these days really so fucking dumb?
>>
>>26736755
double weak to rock
weak to water, flying
resists bug, steel, fairy, fighting, ice
doubly resists grass
>>
>>26736755
You don't pick the move a Pokemon will resist. You pick the one that's super effective. If you asked what types Volcarona is weak do, I guarantee you'd get a horde of posts listing "flying, water, and rock."
>>
>>26735218

do you actually believe that learning pokemon types requires some sort of complex problem solving for kids?

are you this fucking retarded?

i very much hope that children don't rely on playing fucking pokemon to be educated, christ almighty.
>>
>>26736864
There are tons of RPGs that have features like this. Are you going to tell me that fucking Etrian Odyssey is casualized and easy because you can look at what the current buff set up is when your turn comes up?
>>
>>26736117
>tfw never used this because I didn't want any help
>>
>>26736885
Ok. Let's see it again.

That feature wasn't in older games.

Now it's on new games.

That feature helps you to check stats variations.

This means easier.

Easier stands for more easy.

Easy is not harder nor the same as before.
Am I forgiving anything else?
>>
>>26736956
Have you seen their reaction to VC RB?

"okay when can I breed Pokemon"
"why Gust isn't super effective on Metapod"
etc.
>>
>>26736956
see>>26736965

>>26736982
>i'd rather use google than look at my game
>>
>>26736976
But this wasn't on Pokémon before. I bet you also think that the "super effective, not very effective" feature doesn't make the game easier.
>>
>>26736919
>an actual logical fallacy
It isn't at all, you don't even know what that even means.
>Youre still very obviously upset that the game doesn't fit your point of view and justifying it with....
You're completely unable to accept that someone has a different opinion, so your only escape from that possibility is to think that the other guy is "very mad" and that his arguments are a "justification".
It's pathetic to be honest. But keep at it, I am getting a kick out of it, kinda.
>>
File: 1436561539138.png (118KB, 320x221px) Image search: [Google]
1436561539138.png
118KB, 320x221px
>>26736755
Bug is weak to Fire, Flying, and Rock. I know it resists Fighting and Grass.
Fire is weak to Rock, Ground, and water. Fire obviously resists Fire, and I think(?) Bug resists Ground, so those two would be neutral.

You would be best off using a Rock-type move, and if you don't have one, use a Water- or- Flying-type move.

I can't name all the resistances, but I know what hits it super effectively and I know plenty of common types that hit it neutrally like Normal.

Furthermore, if you're a kid and don't know this or don't know the opponent's Pokémon is Fire/Bug, that's half the fun, discovering that it is.

Like I mentioned in >>26736756 you could just have an in-game type chart for players to look at, you don't have to literally hold the players' hands telling them what moves to use.
>>
>>26736864
Yeah, because I of course I wouldn't take notes on stat boost. Now I can just look at the screen, It isn't easier, it's convenient.
If you chose to not write down the stat boosts before, now you can juste ignore the stat boost on the screen.
I will now just look at the screen instead of writing the stat boost on a sheet.
>>
>>26736984
>kids don't know about features in games that were introduced in games during their lifespan but weren't present in games before they were born
"HOLY SHIT KIDS ON SUICIDE WATCH FUCKING IDIOTS"
>>
>>26736965
>do you actually believe that learning pokemon types requires some sort of complex problem solving for kids?
No it does not. So why is this necessary if learning types is easy for kids?
You're this fucking retarded.
>>
>>26736984
>"why Gust isn't super effective on Metapod"

>implying you've never wondered why the hell gust is a normal type move
>>
I don't find a problem with this, but I can see where people are coming from. Then again, debating on 4chan is fucking dumb.
You're either an idiot for trying to point out a problem or a shill if you try to point out a positive.
>>
>>26737034
Okay, breeding is one thing, but
>it literally shows move's type even in generation 1
>>
>>26737050
Shut the fuck up idiot shill.
>>
>>26734505
But OoT and ALTTP constantly tell you where to go next. Are you a fucking idiot? The only hard zelda game was the first one because you had to bomb random spots in the wall
>>
>>26736950
>You're just doing the ole /v/ trick of saying "I'm right, here's why you can't debate this".
Except the problem is that they've chosen to ignore the points some us have made and reduce them to "think of the children" shit.
They aren't even trying to debate to begin with.
>>
File: 1364668500425.jpg (66KB, 606x580px) Image search: [Google]
1364668500425.jpg
66KB, 606x580px
>>26736984
>all those kids who picked Yellow crying on Miiverse about Brock being impossible

I bet that's why they added this to S&M.
>>
>>26737043

it's a solution to requiring memorization of actually worthless information.
>>
>>26737009
Breeding wasn't in Pokemon before Gen 2
Abilities and Natures weren't in Pokemon until Gen 3
Physical and Special attacks weren't in Pokemon until Gen 4

Therefore we should dump everything that wasn't in Gen 1 because they make the game easier and more casual.
>>
>>26736982
>But this wasn't on Pokémon before

It also wasn't always a part of Etrian Odyssey, when it was added, you didn't see the EO fanbase scream about casualization because they actually the difference between a simple QoL feature in UI and something that legitimately effects the difficulty of gameplay.

Knowing what buffs are active will not save you if you have not idea how to ACT moving forward.
>>
>>26734364
>>26734545
infinite TMs are optional, this isn't.
>>
>>26737063
See you have fun now but it's tiring, man.
How do you really feel about Pokemon?
>>
>>26737082
>Can't catch Mankey: The Game
>>
>>26736984
I can't say that I have, but I would love to (honestly)! Is there a vid somewhere?
>>
>>26737074
He was obviously referring to how kids would be unable to solve OoT puzzles, you dork.
>>
>>26736996
If you don't have to look at Google that means that is easiest. Do you go to any exam and ask to the professor if you can look on your phone?

>>26737032
Imagine you are 8 years old. You play on ORAS or older. You see how the opponent makes a move that boosts something, but you don't know what just happened. Then now, on SM, you see the altered stats and see what actually happened. If that is just convenient for you then go for it, is more convenient, foir you.
>>
>>26737089
Don't forget graphical boxes, and unlimited bag space, get that fucking casual shit out of my Pokemon
>>
>>26737089
>physical and special attacks weren't in pokemon until g4
You mean physical/special split.

Which is still false, because Gale of Darkness had the split for Shadow moves.
>>
>>26737084
>actually worthless information
It begins with that, sadly.
Anyway I don't think type effectiveness is that "worthless" in a pokemon game, but whatever.
>>
>>26737102
These were images on Miiverse.

I am having trouble finding them right now.

There was one with Super Metroid in an other thread.
>>
Name Lilligant stats at lvl50 with 0EV and 0IV withut using google or guides. If you can't that means your're casul and degenerate
>>
>>26737023
Now add in Abilities like Levitate where Ground no longer affects Poison and Dry Skin where Water becomes completely useless but Fire works better.
>>
>>26737103
Pushing blocks until you got the right combination? That's hardly a puzzle.
>>
>>26737129
>It begins with that
Dude, LoZ started with telling you exactly where to go in ALttP, yet future ones are much different. You don't know what happens in the future, you can only speculate.
>>
>nobody has a problem with Showdown showing this kind of information

>>26737133
"Why can't Metroid crawl?" is a troll post, dumbass.
>>
File: harder imo.png (7KB, 477x267px) Image search: [Google]
harder imo.png
7KB, 477x267px
>>26737089
That doesn't even make any sense. You just don't have to remember what happened on any turn, maybe they even tell you if you have seeds/rocks/spikes/sticky web/etc.

If they do that I'll love it, but still, it will be easier.
>>
>>26737082
>kid is born
>kids first game is fr/lg
>picks charmander
>charmander learns metal claw
>can beat brock
>years later
>wants to see where games originated from
>plays old game
>picks charmander
>no pokemon that are SE against rock/ground exist at that point in the game
>LITERALLY every pokemon besides normals are weak to rock/ground
>dies to brock infinity times
G E E B O S S

>>26737110
>comparing pokemon to fucking tests
yeah because the last time i forgot wobbufet was psychic i failed chemistry for using google to figure it out
>>
>>26737121
That wasn't a split, that was "Shadow is SE against everything, NVE against itself" because it's not a Type but an artificial condition.
>>
>>26737151
Not him, I've seen kids of today having problems with easier shit.
>>
File: 1436561539139.png (120KB, 368x298px) Image search: [Google]
1436561539139.png
120KB, 368x298px
>>26737148
>Now add in Abilities like Levitate where Ground no longer affects Poison and Dry Skin where Water becomes completely useless but Fire works better.

There are no Fire/Bug types with any of those abilities.
>>
What typing does Litten have if Disarming Voice was not very effective?
>>
>>26737138
>thinking that is in any way comparable when you have way more individual pokemon stats than type matchups
>>
>>26737178
>what is competitive
The last time you forgot about a type/changed stats you have may lost :^)
>>
>>26737195
Fire resists fairy-type dumbo
Maybe you're the target audience for the effectiveness labels
>>
>>26737159
>You don't know what happens in the future
You're right in this.
I mean, I'm basing my points in things that have happened over and over in all the companies, and that has happened even in pokemon a couple of times.
But you're still right, I hope the future ends up being brighter, because right now I'm not sure I can trust GF anymore.
>>
>>26737186
And I've seen people the same age as me give up at the fucking forest temple. Some people are lazy pussies. You can't tell me every kid you went to school with played anything more complicated than GTA.
>>
>>26737183
That was a split.

Some of the damaging Shadow moves used Attack and Defense in the formula, other used Sp. Atk and Sp. Def.
>>
>Needing an indicator for status
Pokemon has been casualized from the very beginning. If you can't remember when you've been hit by a status effect or when you hit the opponent with a status you deserve to lose.
>>
>>26736942
>WHERE
kek
>>
>>26737178
>LITERALLY every pokemon besides normals are weak to rock/ground

Brock had no rock type moves in gen 1 you mongoloid.
>>
>>26737210
yeah because this change completely casualizes showd- oh wait
>>
>>26737188
We're talking about the Type chart and how Types interact. Abilities also play a huge part of it. If this hypothetical Big/Fire Pokemon had an Ability that reduces or nullifies a Type, you need to take that into account.
>>
>>26737200
Are you proud of being casul? I calculate all pokemons stats using pen and paper for years. Git gud. I'm real Pokemon Master.
>>
>>26737163
Screenshots of them being stuck in the first mandatory use of Morph Ball was a troll post?
>>
>>26737263
Oh, you were almost to quote a battle simulator? Where it tell you the maximum speed a Pokémon can have?
>>
>>26737195
Guess I was wrong, seems like even people obsessed enough with pokemon to go on /vp/ need some handholding.
>>
>>26737226
Ok, sure, there are people who are better than others at games (and other things) but my only problem with this is that when every developer start to do this, suddenly the new content and games begin to follow the rule of "until the most dumb of the room understands it", with has already ended with a decrease in the general quality of the gaming industry.

Call it "slippery slope fallacy" or whatever, but in my most honest opinion I can give, I do believe the slippery slope is real in this case.
>>
>>26737186
Yes, your anecdotal evidence really means much to me, most kids are retards that dont know how to dress themsevles, that's not an argument
>>
>>26737269
>oh are you finally doing your homework son?
>NO I'VE GOTTA MAKE MY DRAGONITE THE BEST THERE EVER WAS SO I CAN FUCK THIS KID UP AT MY SCHOOL
>you should do your homew-
>GO AWAY MOM YOU'RE MAKING ME LOSE TRACK OF MY IVS
>>
>>26737240
what if something takes your attention away from the screen or you had to suspend the game because you needed to do something else for a while?
>>
>>26737245
Well? Where?
>>
>>26737225
At the end of the day, nobody plays Pokemon for difficulty, but for the journey. There will always be a part for games that are difficult, especially now I feel. Kids love playing shit and seeming tough, so when they see some youtuber for example playing Dark Souls and having a rough time, they wanna do that.

Also, there is a market for niche games like Animal Crossing to just play for some nice rest. Things change less often than they stay the same.
>>
File: 1453435876398.gif (41KB, 190x223px) Image search: [Google]
1453435876398.gif
41KB, 190x223px
>>26734261
>1999
>No internet, no guides, and I had no trouble.
Are modern kids just retarded from playing nothing but mindless fps games?
>>
>>26737110
Well, at least I'll learn that stat boosting moves actually DO something.
I used to ONLY use damaging moves on my first version (Blue). Didn't see why I would use a stat boostinf/lowering move when I actually could deal some damage.
Didn't even understand how the stats worked. Didn't care.
I think that, if I had grown up with this feature, I would learn to use those moves. I would actually SEE they do something.

And yes, it is just more convenient for me. As son as I started to play "competively" (hence, with my friends, with "real" teams, not just random mons I liked, not just damaging moves...), I took notes of stat boosts, and still do. Now, I won't anymore. Convenience.

Driving an automatic car isn't easier than driving a manual one. It's just more convenient.
>>
>>26737159
>future ones are much different
No lol
>>
>>26737294
Homework is shit
>>
>>26737295
Then you still wont lose and just use a poiton
>>
>>26737304
Agreed on the journey part, but you can't possibly think that making the fucking Pokemon games easier than what they already are is good for the experience.
There's a limit for everything, and why some kids may be bad at videogames, they're not retarded as some posters are saying.
>>
>>26734924
This is becoming kinda needed, though. This isn't Gen 4, where there were roughly 500 pokemon. We're nearing 1000 different mons to mentally keep track of now.
>>
File: 1452705658459.png (228KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452705658459.png
228KB, 600x600px
>>26737138
>>26737240
epic shitposts upvoted
>>
>>26735218
>baaaaw vidya gaemz aren't my special club anymore ;___;
>>
I'm completely not bothered by this.
Even if it shows off what is effective or not on something seen for the first time, it only removes trial and error or googling.
Granted, I do hope you have to have battled something once before it shows that, but it isn't the end of the world.
>>
>>26737359
The fact is this blatant shitpost even trying to convey.
>>
>>26737310
See >>26737173
Your concept of "convenient" stands for "easier" too. And driving an automatic car is easier too, but if you need to do an acceleration, you can't with an automatic, so it's not more convenient.
>>
File: 1465762413697.jpg (128KB, 1402x1051px) Image search: [Google]
1465762413697.jpg
128KB, 1402x1051px
>>26735218
>every response to this post
>u le mad kid xD ^_^ shitposting
/vp/
>>
>>26737393
Automatic cars can't accelerate?
>>
>>26737214
>>26737280
Oh right. Good to know I guess.
>>
>>26736230

epic!! ace burn bro!
>>
Do people here not already know type matchups? Like, this might casualize the game, but it shouldn't actually affect how you experience the game unless you are in fact, a fucking casual. In which case, congratulations on finding someone to hold your hand.
>>
>>26737295
What if someone uses growl and you're distracted, or you needed to suspend the game and needed to do something else for a while?
>>
>>26737393
>And driving an automatic car is easier too, but if you need to do an acceleration, you can't with an automatic
What the actual fuck am I reading?
>>
>>26737306
>le fps is mindless meme
And that why you have a negative k/d.
>>
>>26737413
No that much in some seconds. I forgot to say that. Also, you don't see proeffesional races on automatic cars.
>>
>>26737403
Literally all the conversation from that point on has been:
>u mad!!
>your only thinkin of the children
>I'm going to ignore everything the other posters said
I didn't want to believe it but people was right when they said it two years ago: /vp/ has managed to become worse than /v/.
>>
File: 1465530523656.jpg (132KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465530523656.jpg
132KB, 1280x800px
>>26737438
I dominate the scoreboards in TF2 every time m80.
>>
>>26737264
Well then you hit a Pokémon with that type of move and they explicitly tell you "it didn't work because [ability]." Now you know not to do it again when fighting another Pokémon of that species.

Is that so hard? It's not like there are many Pokémon with those abilities, and half the time they're hidden abilities that don't appear in-game. Pokémon is easy enough that wasting a single turn isn't the end of the world, you aren't going to white out over it, and even if you do they changed how money loss works so you only lose a few thousand instead of half your total money like in earlier games.
>>
>>26737263
Nobody's talking about Showdown, we're talking about in-game. Showdown isn't even official.
>>
>>26737534
its the exact same shit as showdown but nobody is calling showdown casual
>>
File: 1424497746113.png (207KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1424497746113.png
207KB, 700x500px
>>26737568
Nigga

Nigga

They are two entirely different things. Are you shitposting?

Showdown is a battle simulator, where you're expected to have all this information on hand and Google it if you don't.

This is an in-game playthrough of a Pokémon game, a single player JRPG playthrough. You are not meant to use Google every time you find a new Pokémon, you're supposed to figure this shit out on your own. The Internet was in its infancy when Pokémon was new, most kids didn't have that shit. You're expected to figure out a Pokémon's type on your own, either by guessing correctly based on its looks, or going out and catching it so you can see it directly.

I honestly don't mind seeing stat changes, I don't think it negatively impacts the game because stat changes barely do anything in-game and most players choose to just use damaging moves. This is a huge casualization, though, and it completely removes the learning aspect of the game.

Like I said earlier in the thread, if they did it like FRLG and only had a type chart you could bring up mid-battle, but didn't tell you exactly how to beat the Pokémon in front of you, that would be just fine.
>>
>>26737568
Because Showdown is a battle simulator where they bring you all the posible avaliable info for you to choose the best move. And we were talkign about easy games. And easy is ussually realted to casual.
>>
How is this casualizing it?
This is already info everyone could get by just looking it up

It's literally just a quality of life change

>but part of the SKILL is knowing what typing every pokemon is!

top kek, you're pathetic OP
>>
>>26737495
Because 85% of TF2 players are below the age of 16.
>>
File: Facebook Pepe.jpg (15KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
Facebook Pepe.jpg
15KB, 499x499px
>yfw Ash will still command Pikachu to use an electric move on a ground type
>>
>>26737739
But you do have to face the Pokemon at least once and it technically doesn't tell you exactly what type it is.
>>
>>26737739
It's legitimately and simultaneously humorous and frustrating to imagine someone sitting behind the screen legitimately believing what they've written in this post.
>>
>>26737825
It's humorous and frustrating to think a person should play a single player RPG without constantly looking up a walkthrough?
>>
>>26737795
That only confirms that modern kids suck at video games.
>>
>>26737739
It eliminates rote memorization which is boring.

What the fuck is the issue?
>>
>>26734253
>You still have to beat a mon first before it shows you
>You could always look up move info in battle
>There's no grid anymore so you couldn't tell if youre nearing their line if sight otherwise. Avoiding a battle cause it's dangerous has always been a thing, but it's harder when people don't look at 90° angles
>we don't know much about Rotom yet so you could be right here

1/4, you tried
>>
>>26737163
>"Why can't Metroid crawl?" is a troll post, dumbass.

Not him, I saw posted a kid complaining about some springs in Marble Zone and -of course- Spring Yard Zone of Sonic 1 and some sections of Chemical Plant in Sonic 2. When the kid was told that those were supposed to be obstacles, things that he should avoid the kid threw a tantrum saying that you were supposed to just hold right to win.
>>
File: 1465690341308.jpg (74KB, 710x545px) Image search: [Google]
1465690341308.jpg
74KB, 710x545px
>>26736756
>pokemon board
>are we filled with underages?
>>
>>26737927
>memorization which is boring
I... what?
Why is everyone in this thread acting like memorization is a bad thing? Is everyone suddenly retarded?
>>
>>26737979
>some people are retarded
breaking news
>>
>using wiki is okay
>using in-game feature is no no
>>
I love how nobody is talking about the big "A" sign that appears when you're next to an object.
Is that also a "life quality change", guys?
Great! Now I don't have to go through the difficult task of memorizing to press A to interact with objects: seriously, I'm so fucking tired of opening the menu whenever I try to pick up an item. And I won't have to worry to accidentally turn off my DS when I'm talking to an NPC! Thank you GF!
Games nowadays have too many fucking buttons, god darn it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>26737082
>>
>>26738184
It's obviously casualizing kids by not forcing them to find outside help, which is making video games worse and worse by making kids stupid.
>>
>>26732407
Where was I? I was at home, because I had only just turned 2 years old a week earlier, when Pokémon Red and Green were releases in Japan.

Pokémon has always been casual as fuck, get over it.
>>
File: 1441637702932.jpg (11KB, 392x243px) Image search: [Google]
1441637702932.jpg
11KB, 392x243px
>>26738275
Easy yes, casual no. The early games had little handholding.
>>
>>26738260
Games don't make kids stupid. Pokemon shit is nothing compared to average math class
>>
>>26732407
WHAT
I CAN KNOW HOW EFFECTIVE MY MOVE IS WITHOUT HAVING A TYPE CHART NEARBY?
POKEMON IS FUCKING RUINED
>>
>>26737393
I never said "convenient" didn't mean "easier". It just isn't casualisation to do so.
I find it more difficult to drive an automatic. We've got the same car twice (exact same model), one is manual, the other automatic. I prefer the manual one, because I find it easier to drive.
But the automatic one is more convenient, for traffic jam for example. When I drive my manual car, I have to change the speeds. It's not difficult, it's just boring, and sometimes, I forget in witch speed I am. With an automatic, I don't have to worry about it anymore. It's more convenient.
>>
File: picture.png (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
picture.png
1MB, 1680x1050px
No one else noticed that the effectiveness tips were not present in tha caterpie fight?

Any theory about why ?
>>
>>26739340
only there are you kill it once and/or not present in trainer battles
>>
>>26739340
You haven't seen a Caterpie before?
>>
I seriously hope there's a hard mode for this- scracth that, I want the fucking nightmare mode straight out of DOOM for this game
>>
>>26732407
>game adds a feature that literally every other JRPG has been dong for years
>>
File: 1462546978502.jpg (50KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
1462546978502.jpg
50KB, 600x557px
>>26739489
>nightmare mode
crystal kaizo already exists
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.