[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Wrongly typed Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: nightmareghost.png (131KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
nightmareghost.png
131KB, 475x475px
>Not a Ghost type
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26687034
>Darkrai
>Dark
>Not Ghost
Oh no, you're so right! I'm so angry! Kys please, and don't even come back.
>>
File: 15080980490369.jpg (12KB, 236x241px) Image search: [Google]
15080980490369.jpg
12KB, 236x241px
>>
>>26687067
dark is called evil type in japan. ghost much more to do with shadow/darkness as an element

>smoky spectral body
>spooky boogeyman motif
>the rest of the dark types are phisical animals who fight dirty
>>
File: normiesbegone.jpg (484KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
normiesbegone.jpg
484KB, 2000x2000px
just remove normal type entirely
>>
>>26687137
>phisical
>>
>>26687137
What is gen 2? Umbreon? Really. You are an idiot. It may be called evil type, but you realize that Dark isn't all about fighting dirty, and I hate that meme. Also, Darkrai is, design wise, meant to be mistaken as evil. It's ability, it's moves, it's backstory. Yeah.
>>
>>26687067
Holy shit the amount of "kys" i've seen on this board recently is crazy. It's how you can tell summer is here, you can tell someone is an underage fag because of their edgy Leafy tier humor.
>>
>>26687232
Remove fairy instead
>>
>>26687249
Oh, so you're admitting It? You're underage? Summerfag!! MODS!!!!
>>
>>26687249
this
>>
>>26687267
No.
>>
>>26687034
>>26687137
that always bothered me. it looks and acts more like a ghost than a lot of actual ghost types

nightmare is a ghost type move for a reason

make it ghost/dark if you really want the dark in there, but im sure that would trigger smogon people or sableye/spiritomb fags
>>
>>26687137
Stop this meme.

The types aren't bound to any one thing. Dark incorporates dirty fighting, "evil" (ie; natures brutality), and actual darkness and what not. Hence why there's a ton of shit contradicting everything, because types are nebulous.
>>
File: image.png (184KB, 359x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
184KB, 359x255px
>>26687232
>Exploud line not being sound
>>
>>26687297
Exactly! This!
>>26687299
Die.
>>
>>26687297
I bet you think Fairy is the random mythology type too.
>>
>>26687332
This
>>26687325
>not wanting new types to balance the normal typing
>>
>>26687247
Umbreon emits lights and attacks people at night though. It still fits the definition of evil type, it just evolved to be sneaky.
>>
>Uxie

>not retyped to Fairy
>>
>>26687332
I bet you think it's one dedicated thing, as opposed to "whatever Gamefreak feels like it being".

Get over it. Your dumb headcannon has a lot of contradictions.
>>
>>26687232
What would happen to all the normal type moves? If they added a new typing some of them could become that type I suppose but I don't know about the rest of them
>>
>>26687502
a few would get retyped but most of them you can still call them normal or if you want neutral/???, no weaknesses resistances, no one gets stab from them
>>
>>26687249
Kys
>>
>>26687294
>nightmare
>ghost type move
>it doesn't get stab from it
Now I'm mad.
>>
>>26687297
>Hence why there's a ton of shit contradicting everything, because types are nebulous.
which is why it should be overalled from the ground up

I propose
>rename grass to plant
>rename steel to metal
>rename flying to air
>merge ghost and dark into shadow (or just call it dark anyway or even evil)
>merge rock and ground into earth
>remove fairy
>add light type (not necessarily to do with elemental light, more to do with goodness/heart basically the opposite of the shadow/evil/dark type, most fairy types would become this)
>remove dragon type (inb4 triggered people) ex: dratini line would be water, goomy would be light/poison
>remove normal type (this post >>26687232
makes a reasonable alternative to most mons already)
>psychic could probably use a rename to be a little more inclusive, but the words I think of(soul/aura/arcane/magic) don't seem adequate enough

- fire
- electric
- ice
- earth
- air
- water
- plant
- poison
- fighting
- bug
- shadow
- light
- psychic

gimmicks like eevee, ditto and arceus would be ???, no weaknesses/resistances

I dare you to name a pokemon that wouldnt fit nicely into this new typechart and would end most type disputes people get butthurt about
>>
File: flygon.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
flygon.png
50KB, 250x250px
bug/ground
>>
File: amen.gif (452KB, 200x153px) Image search: [Google]
amen.gif
452KB, 200x153px
>>26687716
>mfw everything in this post

The dragon thing I was a little skeptical about at first, but desu, it's a great idea. We don't see "dinosaur" or "fish" or "machine" or "bird" types for example, why should dragons be any different?

A Salamence could be dark/air type, but still be a fucking dragon for example. Not to mention, it would make sense for Dragon Ascent to be "air" type
>>
>>26688109
>desu
Weird weeb typo, my bad
>>
>>26688141
you do know that its a filter in place, right?
putting t.bh is replaced with desu, f.am with senpai, and s.mh with baka
>>
Gamefreak ought to just add Hidden Typing or some shit that allows wider coverage of moves and half stab on whatever that type may be.
>Flygon gets Bug
>Gyrados gets Dragon
>Masquerain gets Water
>Yanmega gets Dragon (Yeah I know it's just an English term)
>Butterfree gets Psychic
>So on

>>26688141
>weeb typo
You know that's just the retarded filter right senpai?
>>
>>26687232
>my mom's doge
>fairy
>>
>>26687034
gyarados should not be typed as water/flying. if anything he should be water/dragon or just straight water.
>>
File: 1465611785742.jpg (72KB, 336x495px) Image search: [Google]
1465611785742.jpg
72KB, 336x495px
>>26687034
>>
>>26688141
The fact that you considered that typo possible at all means you type desu often, desu.
>>
>>26687622
>nightmare
>STAB
Anon...
>>
>>26688243
thanks, I don't use /vp/ very often
>>
>>26687716
psychic could be cosmic or astral, I feel like Astral fits better though. Relates to both the stars and psychic paranormal shit.

As for dark, I don't think it's good to merge ghost with it. Dark =/= spiritual shit, spirit =/= astral shit

I think it's good to separate dark and ghost due to dark being more of a way of acting, where ghost is a state of being. Dark is fine how it is.

Fairy is something that does need to change, and I think light should have existed back when dark was implemented. Fairy encompasses both actual light and goodness/morality, it also stands for all the shit in fairytales like courage and chivalry, fantasy, triumphing, ETC.

But just like Dark can encompass both literal blackness, void and evil, Light can also do the same for whiteness, light and goodness. Fairy is odd just because it has that whole "fantasy" thing going for it, but again fairies are more of an actual creature and not a "type".

Bug needs to go away.
Bugs can be comprised of other basic elements soooo.
>>
>>26689491
also to divide ghost from astral, ghost again is a state of being. you can be psychic and not actually part of the spiritual realm itself.
>>
>>26687863
Bug/Dragon fool
>>
>>26688695
i dont lol, but you can use a word once and autocorrect will never let you forget
>>
>>26687034
>Pokemon Mystery Dungeon gave it the ability to phase through walls that ghost types have anyway
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.