[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: clorox-bleach-16oz.png (138KB, 204x485px) Image search: [Google]
clorox-bleach-16oz.png
138KB, 204x485px
I had a whole post ready to go, then my browser crashed, so here's a condensed version.

Unpopular opinions

•I've never played a Pokemon game from beginning to end more than twice. I hate having to catch and train the same 'mons against the same trainers.

•I don't care if Sun/Moon is 6.5 or 7. I don't even know what that means, or why it matters.

•Gen 2 was my favorite Pokémon game because I could catch most of my favorites during game play.

•I hate after e4 stuff. The E4 is this big, looming threat mentioned throughout the game, and when you get to it you have to prove yourself to win. The after game stuff is only fun, and that's why I don't like it. You look forward to it because it's fun, not because it's some final place to show how far you've come. The only exception is Gen 2 when you fight Red, and while I don't wish that every game had a similar encounter, I wish there was a final showdown like that that truly ends the game.

•I've never done IV or EV training. I just want to play my 'mons.

•I wish the game had a soft-reset option, where all the trainers and gym leaders turn 'on'. Basically I want to start from the beginning with my 6 favorite 'mons and see how they stack against the entire game. 10/10 infinitely increases replay value.

•Speaking of favorite teams, I hate seeing competitive play and being forced to conform to specific meta strats. I honestly just care about using my favorite 'mons. I don't care if I lose, I just want to be allowed to play the Pokémon I like to see used.

My favorite Pokémon team would be some combination of Cradily, Lanturn, Masquerain, Chimecho, Wishcash, Chandelure, Feraligatr, Azumaril, Macargo, and Cacturne.

I really hate Thunderbolt.
>>
>>26678969
>I wish the game had a soft-reset option, where all the trainers and gym leaders turn 'on'

I've wanted this for years so I can "play" through the game without restarting with different mons.

I mean, vs seeker and gym leader re-challenge is great since why not just restart the game if you want to do that, but those features are put in and taken out randomly.
>>
>>26679000
Nice trips, and I want this more than anything. That would be the real Pokémon experience.

Unfortunately, my top 3 pics for a starter I can't put in an emulater. They're just too bad for a gen 3 start.

>Chimecho - Wrap
>Lileep - Constrict
>Surskit - y tho
>>
>>26678969
more like bleach
>>
File: 6696053.jpg (178KB, 611x1007px) Image search: [Google]
6696053.jpg
178KB, 611x1007px
>>26678969
I like Keldeo's anus
>>
I don't think Knock Off, Scald, or some of the other moves people complain about are over powered. That said, I think Knock Off has too big of a distribution.

N's popularity surprises me. I thought he was bland.

I don't care about Zygarde and its formes. Will they be in SM? Probably. Will they have a chunk of plot? Probably not very big, but yeah... something.

3D models are fine and reusing them makes sense.

I don't care if we get Synchro, Synergy, or nothing with SM.

OU is a pretty good tier. I do, however, wish there were alternatives to VGC and Smogon. Especially Smogon since some of their bans are just to protect stall.

Following pokemon, should it ever return, needs to be optional or limited to certain pokemon so framerate doesn't fall off a cliff.

This is the worst "leak" season we have ever had. Between wars about which generation the games are, Zygarde, and the size of Alola and its pokedex... I find myself visiting this board less and less.

I don't think IVs need to be removed.

I don't care if people breed or inject (legal) pokemon.

Maison was fun. It was not fun twice.

I was indifferent about Battle Resort not being in ORAS.

I am fine with Exp. Share. It can be turned off after all.

Hand-out pokemon like Lati@s in ORAS and XY didn't bug me since I boxed them right away.

Soaring was great and I hope it returns.

I was bummed we couldn't race pokemon in XY especially since the player's mom was a racer.

Sky battles were ok. Not great, but ok.

Having to trade to do something doesn't make the companies behind pokemon money hungry. Pokemon has always been a social game. Those types of things encourage socialization.

I didn't care for Black and White. BW2, however, were fantastic games. Up there with Platinum/HGSS for my all time favorites.

I like split evos and cross gen evos. I hope we can get more eventually. Megas make it tough but I hold out hope.

The QR thing for SM looks interesting.

I don't understand why Dunsparce is popular.
>>
I agree with OP, I like playing casually with my favorite pokemon. IV/EV stuff just kind of takes the fun out of it for me, although I do like to shiny hunt from time to time just for the fuck of it.

Not sure if necessarily unpopular or not, but I don't really like any of the legendry trios. Most of the designs are just 'meh'.
>>
I think Diamond and Pearl are overhated, and are nowhere near as bad as people make them out to be. They're about on par with Ruby and Sapphire.
>>
>>26678969
>same
>it matters for 'muh lore' arguments
>alright
>why wouldn't you want a post game?
>okay, there's a reason why they're in there, enjoy losing
>all right
>the fact that smogon already allows for like 50+ mons to be usable is miraculous, don't be a greedy fucking child who thinks 'everything should be popular or usable'
>all shit, but alright
>...okay?
>>
>>26678969
I really like the gen 5 sprites, they're really expressive
>>
>>26678969
You complain about not wanting postgame, only to admit you've never played a game more than twice, then stated you wanted more content.

I really don't get you
>>
>>26681484
>>I don't think IVs need to be removed.

I stopped reading. Literally promoting autism. You're evil.
>>
>>26683981
I think the problem people have with them is that for a generational jump, they are barely any different from Ruby and Sapphire. Similar plot, similar structure, similar everything. The only gamechangers were meta like the phyisical-special split and online connectivity.
>>
>>26678969
>unpopular opinion
How about unpopular fact?
S/M are gen 6 ',;^3c
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.