[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will SM take place 20 years after the original games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (342KB, 500x1007px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
342KB, 500x1007px
Will SM take place 20 years after the original games?
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
This would also go along with the whole Shauna Mom theory that was going around
>>
>>26678702
No it wouldn't. XY take place close to about 10 years after the originals. Shauna wouldn't even be 30. They wouldn't make her a teen mom with kid that is at least 12 at the time of Sun and Moon.
>>
File: image.png (75KB, 294x251px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
75KB, 294x251px
>>26678736
XY take place 6 years after the originals, Shauna is 17 in XY if SM took place 20 years after the originals that would also mean it takes place 14 years after XY making Shauna 31. That is old enough to have 10-12 year old kid depending on what age she got pregnant
>>
>>26678660
no, takes a couple of years but not much.
>>
>>26678660
This timeline is incorrect. The Pokemon universe takes place in an alternate timeline as of gen 6.
>>
>>26680178
The timeline is the same. All the events of the Gen 1-5 universe still happened in the Mega universe. They even directly reference some of them i XY/ORAS. The only difference is the Ultimate Weapon and its consequences.
>>
>>26680178
Why do people go "this information given by a producer of XY is not canon my head cannon is"

No other fanbaae disregards info given by its creators
>>
>>26678660
I was actually hoping this would be the case
>>
>>26678962
I always thought she was like 12
>>
File: timelines.png (66KB, 1223x684px) Image search: [Google]
timelines.png
66KB, 1223x684px
>>
>>26680493

She's at least legal
>>
>>26678660
This is asinine
Obviously ORAS are an alternate version of Emerald to tie in to XY, so they should have their own seperate timeline. XY is a convergence point of some sort.
Also B2W2 couldn't have happened during XY, some dude in Kalos mentions Colress doing shit in past tense.
>>
>>26680541
HGSS is slightly before Pt but are put as "same time"

And the point is that this happened in the main universe. Megas not being mentioned in other games don't mean they didn't exist.
>>
>>26680178
>The Pokemon universe takes place in an alternate timeline as of gen 6.
If the whole of pokemon takes place on an alternate timeline then what's the non-alternate one?
Also
>mixing universe and timeline

>>26680472
This.
>>
>>26680541
>Obviously ORAS are an alternate version of Emerald to tie in to XY, so they should have their own seperate timeline.
ORAS are alternate versions to RS. And they are stated to be in different universes in the games.
The tweet used in the pic also mentions RSE, not ORAS(it wasnt revealed back then), so the chart below doesnt say the same.
>>
>>26680510
Hey, I remember saving this a while back. Good breakdown.
>>
>>26680618
thanks
Many times i've desperately tried to look for more to back up when the games are set though
And it only became worse when ORAS was released and people started insisting it's set at the same time as XY, and gen 1-5 have been completely retconned
>>
>>26680754
I have no idea why people find this idea appealing so much so that they extrapolated a whole new universe from Zinnia saying the remakes are different from the originals as always
>>
>>26680825
well i do agree that Zinnia was meant to talk about gen3 Hoenn, but i don't think there's any reason to move the hoenn storyline from its original place to 10 years later
That idea seems to me, like it just creates more problems than it fixes
>>
>nobody's talking about the actual subject
All is normal here
>>
>>26680754
Ignore those retards. There's dozens of references to the other games in X/Y, only a fool would believe the "only Gen 6 is canon in the current timeline" crap.
>>
>>26680541
They talked about Colress visiting Kalos and doing research and such. No implication of whether it was before or after the Plasma ordeal. It only hinted he was interested in pokemon's ultimate potential--Mega Evolution. He was interested in the same idea back in Gen 5, just without mega evolution being revealed. We don't know for sure if Colress's visit was before he was recruited by Plasma or after Plasma failed without providing him an answer.
>>
Only if Yui is in it.
>>
>>26678962
Shauna is not 17 in XY you idiot. The protagonists are 16 years old. Shauna is more than likely younger than both of them.
>>
>>26681440
Well what do you want us to say on the actual subject?
We have literally nothing other than the Shauna theory to state anything about when SM are set
And even that's just a maybe
>>
>>26680541
This is the official timeline from one of the developers fuck off.

And
>Also B2W2 couldn't have happened during XY, some dude in Kalos mentions Colress doing shit in past tense.
He said Colress was in Kalos a few years ago talking about how the stones were emitting energy, which ties Mega Evolution into Colress' whole character being about looking for ways to bring out Pokemon's inner power.

Colress couldn't have been in Kalos if he was doing shit in Unova.
>>
>>26681440
I'd like it to be, but we don't actually know.

I do think that the player character and their mom moved from Kanto though
>>
>>26680825
>they extrapolated a whole new universe from Zinnia saying the remakes are different from the originals as always
It's literally stated by zinnia, no assumption here.

>>26680835
>That idea seems to me, like it just creates more problems than it fixes
Not really, the issue is that the fanbase is so retarded they can't correctly interpret the game's lore.
>>
>>26681872
while you might be right about shauna not being 17 the protags certainly are. Emma is confirmed to be 16 in the games and it is said that the protags are a year older as well
>>
>>26682149
Zinnia says there's a Hoenn without Megas. Only talking about Hoenn. Remakes always replaced the original in the timeline.

Its a reference to RSE, not the entire Pokemon universe splitting in two

Look at it like this, XY and BW2 are in the same world. Zinnia places IRAS in the same world as XY. There you go. And no, official info from a person who worked on the game isn't non canon because the tweet was deleted.
>>
>>26682293
*ORAS
>>
>>26678702
Shauna seems like the type to turn into a tub of lard post puberty. So no.
>>
>>26682264
It is never said that the protagonists are a year older than Emma. Their models being the same height as Emma's should be a sign that they are the same age. It isn't like how almost every character sprite is the same height like before, every character model has their heights and proportions so it is easier to tell the ages or make estimates.
>>
>>26682293
not the one you're replying to, but i'd like to share my view
i think that yes, gen1-5 is a different universe, but we have no reason to assume their placing in time is any different than they were to begin
So i think yes, BW2 is at the same time as XY, and ORAS is the same time as RSE
>>
>>26682293
>Zinnia says there's a Hoenn without Megas. Only talking about Hoenn.
I know, it only affects the hoenn events.

>Remakes always replaced the original in the timeline.
I never denied that, the statement about oras and rse being in different universes, not their placement in timelines.

>Its a reference to RSE, not the entire Pokemon universe splitting in two
It confirms there's two universes, plus en 5's two so yeah it does.

>Look at it like this, XY and BW2 are in the same world. Zinnia places IRAS in the same world as XY. There you go.
True. I never said the opposite.

But rse are also canon. In another universe that is.

>And no, official info from a person who worked on the game isn't non canon because the tweet was deleted.
The tweet is only about the game's timelijne anyways, not the universe division.
>>
>>26678962
>XY take place 6 years after the originals

It's more than a year in between DPPt and BW.. Caitlin is proof of this. She's nearing or is in her 20s in BW, so no it's closer to 10 years. There is also no evidence for the character's ages in XY.
>>
>>26682717
I don't get it, because from my your replies its like we completely agree.

I think I never made clear that I do know there's two worlds. I just think FRLG and Gens 4 to 6 are one universe.
>>
>>26682984
If you also think there's a universe where rse and everything that's confirmed canon besides oras happened then we agree.

But then i dont get what's wrong with thinking there are two universes because of zinnia's quote.
>>
>>26678660
>ORAS
They take place in their own universe, just like how the original RGBY and GSC are their own universe.
>>
>>26683094
[citation needed]
>>
>>26683118
They outright say in game that ORAS and RSE are their own worlds.

The original gen 1 and 2 are their own canon since things like steel and dark are new 3 years later, and how Jasmine was originally a rock type trainer before moving onto steel in that old universe.
>>
>>26683146
>They outright say in game that ORAS and RSE are their own worlds.
Yes, so? RSE and ORAS arent the only games, zinnia didnt say shit about gen 4 or 5

>The original gen 1 and 2 are their own canon
[citation needed]
>>
>>26683118
games with mega evolution occur in an alternate timeline.
The actual time is still the same, and it would only be reasonable to assume that the events outside of oras and xy are very similar but with mega evolution
>>
>>26683192
>[citation needed]
How is it not? Since they changed things to have them fit in better with the remakes.

Bill's time machine in gen 2 is nowhere to be found in any game since. Its a god damn time machine, you'd think it would be used more.
>>
>>26678660
It is unknown if the aforementioned timeline also applies to all solitary versions and remakes.
>>
>>26683211
>games with mega evolution occur in an alternate timeline.
Never stated. Also, you're confusing timeline and universe.

>The actual time is still the same, and it would only be reasonable to assume that the events outside of oras and xy are very similar but with mega evolution
>assume
>>
>>26683217
>>[citation needed]
>How is it not?
It hasnt been stated.

>Bill's time machine in gen 2 is nowhere to be found in any game since. Its a god damn time machine, you'd think it would be used more.
That just means they din't care about that specific part of the lore.
>>
>>26683238
I'm sorry that your aspergers gives you trouble with semantics
>>
>>26683238
So why isn't mega evolution in the other games then? FRLG happens at the same time as the Hoenn games, and Johto and Sinnoh happen happen later on.

The used the fact there are different universes to justify why Hoenn is different in the remake.
>>
>>26683268
>doesnt use the correct terminology
>gets corrected
>tells anyone else he has trouble with semantics

If you dont like actual argumentation go back to the hugbox you come from.
>>
File: 1479795010961.png (4KB, 237x169px) Image search: [Google]
1479795010961.png
4KB, 237x169px
The live in-game birth of Mr. Bonding who later goes on to make frequent appearances in XY means that ORAS still takes place before it.

Everyone always forgets this.
>>
>>26683277
>So why isn't mega evolution in the other games then?
Does every event on the universe affect your personally on a meaningfullyh?

>The used the fact there are different universes to justify why Hoenn is different in the remake.
Yes, that proves rse and oras arent on he same universe. Rse is not a dppt or bw.
>>
>>26683334
Meaningful way*
>>
>>26683295
>invented, easily synonymous interchangeable terminology
>has aspergers attack even though they understood what i was trying to say because they have no real argument and just want to appease their headcanon
>>
>>26683295
tbf it literally is by defintition an alternate timeline if it's an alternate universe and u understood that

the games literally state that there's a universe where mega evolution never occured
>>
>>26683334
you're making assumptions based on real life logic which doesn't apply to something that exists in fiction with existing contradictions

here are the facts
there are two versions of RSE, one with mega evoution, one without. Most of the same characters exist within both. Mega Evolution universe/timeline says that there's a parallel universe where mega evolution never occurred.

If you can't understand that you're either illiterate or in denial because you want your opinion to be true. If it's the second then I'm almost certain you suffer from some disorder or are high on the spectrum.
>>
>>26683295
Also the way you're contradicting yourself is amazing.
You're claiming to be the one using actual argumentation, but your entire argument is you having trouble with someone who uses a different word than you other than focusing on the real issue.
>>
>>26683075
I think Gen 6 and Gens 3 to 5 are the same.

>>26683211
Why does Mega Evolution need to be mentioned to exist? Do you assume Unova didn't exist during HGSS because It was never mentioned in that game?

>>26683277
Why doesn't America use the Metric System?
>>
>>26683737
He's saying that it was separating RSE from the rest of the games, not ORAS.

He's saying RSE was removed from the main timeline, while you say ORAS started a new one.

I have to agree with him, because based in the info we have, that makes much more sense.
>>
>>26683641
>>invented, easily synonymous interchangeable terminology
It's only interchangeable if the franchise.doesnt feature both. Pokemon had time travel so it's important to know the difference.

>>has aspergers attack even though they understood what i was trying to say because they have no real argument and just want to appease their headcanon
Says the who thinks gen 6 is a different universe than anything else despite having no canon basis.
>>
>>26683681
>tbf it literally is by defintition an alternate timeline if it's an alternate universe and u understood that
The universe contains a timeline, yeah, in he same way both have a proffesor oakbut what we're discussing is not that.

>the games literally state that there's a universe where mega evolution never occured
Literally my point.
>>
>>26684298
yea i mean the multiple comments in the games are no canon basis
>>
>>26683737
>you're making assumptions based on real life logic which doesn't apply to something that exists in fiction with existing contradictions
What are those contradictions? Because i dont remember people saying the previous ganes contradict themselves for not havin mega evolution, they stood on their own.

>there are two versions of RSE, one with mega evoution, one without. Most of the same characters exist within both. Mega Evolution universe/timeline says that there's a parallel universe where mega evolution never occurred.
Yes

>If you can't understand that you're either illiterate or in denial because you want your opinion to be true. If it's the second then I'm almost certain you suffer from some disorder or are high on the spectrum.
I literally never denied that.

>>26683762
>Also the way you're contradicting yourself is amazing.
>You're claiming to be the one using actual argumentation, but your entire argument is you having trouble with someone who uses a different word than you other than focusing on the real issue.
If you think semantics are my only argument you're the illiterate one. Moreso if you dont like proper argumentation.

I mean, if i can assign any meaning to words i can just say "the chair is blue" and win the argument.
>>
>>26684363
Such as?
>>
I seriously hope they make a Hyrule Historia for Pokemon just for everyone to shut the fuck up already. Plus it'd be pretty neat to own too
>>
>>26684363
One comment in the games says that there's another Hoenn. Everything else is extrapolating fanfic shit.

>>26683641
No, timeline and universe are certainly not the same. For example, Wind Waker is in a different timeline than Twilight Princess. Hyrule Warriors is in a different universe than Twilight Princess.
>>
>>26684431
It wont do much since the problem stem's from the fanbase's lack of reading comprehension.
>>
>>26684431
I would absolutely kill for this. In depth book on the timeline, the lore, ect.
>>
>>26684435
why are you using a different game that has a distinguished difference as an example?
>>
>>26684507
I'm telling you the difference between timeline and universe. Why do you think those terms are unique to pokemon, or work differently in pokemon?
>>
>>26684507
>>26684507
>why are you using a different game that has a distinguished difference as an example?
Not him but pokemon also has a clear difference and people didnt get it.

If you fags still dont get the difference watch the flash, while its time travel laws are bullshit, the difference between timeline and universe are clear there.
>>
You people are fucking stupid.

All the non-mega games happen in their own universe

Games with mega happen in another universe. The events of the non-mega universe still happen but modified.
>>
>>26684767

> The events of the non-mega universe still happen but modified.
[citation needed]
>>
>>26684778
common sense + Occam's razor.
>>
>>26684784
So no proof?

Because common sense+occam's razor would be interpreting what's said in the game which is that oras and rse are on different universes.
>>
>>26684799
ORAS and RSE are in different universes,

ORAS and Mega RBG are the beginning of the Mega timeline while RSE and RBGY are the beginning of non-mega timeline
>>
>>26684835

>Mega RBG
Didnt know they released another rgb remake, where can i buy it?
>>
>>26684767
>>26684835
Why does Megas need to be the centre of every plot in the games? I dont see why Megas cant exist and just not be talked about in front of the trainer in the other games. There's no reason for the other games to not exist. It's a given that the events are slightly different. But that doesnt mean it's split into Mega and non mega for any games except the canonically replaced ones, GSC, RBYG and RSE.

Gen V pokemon existed during FRLG despite nobody talking about them.

Apricorns existed in DPPt despite not being mentioned.

There's no real reason FRLG cant go on at the same time as ORAS, with the obvious, but normal slight changes that come with retconning.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.