[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever seen tins like these before? I found this at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20160609_231827.jpg (1MB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160609_231827.jpg
1MB, 1564x1564px
Has anyone ever seen tins like these before? I found this at my local Walmart alongside gyarados and machamp variants. It's about half the size of a regular tin and it only had 3 packs. And a non promo gengar card.
>>
>>26677154
yah.
>>
It's a cheaper version of a tin because parents probably don't want to buy a full priced one for their kids especially with the economy slumping the last several years
>>
>>26677154
They came out today. They're also exclusive to Walmart Canada. I saw it posted on PokeBeach (I think, can't recall), and when I checked Walmart there was a fresh stock of them on the 'impulse' checkout rack.

Mine had Legendary Treasures, Furious Fists, and XY.
>>
>>26677154
>a non promo gengar card

It doesn't have a 'promo' stamp, but this foil print, for these cards, is unique to these new tins.
>>
>>26677297
Ah same packs here, they were in the impulse section! I haven't heard anything about them it really caught me off guard.
>>
>>26677413
I went looking for them in the regular section, ended up grabbing an ETB, and then noticed them while waiting in line.

Nice to know you had the same packs, I assume these are being done to get rid of some old stock since it's close to rotation. Safe to assume you're also in Canada?

Here's the Pokebeach article I mentioned, it was only posted 4 hours ago, so we're certainly early adopters!

http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/06/new-pokemon-champions-tins-at-wal-fart
>>
>>26677435
Yeah I'm in Canada. It's really interesting that they popped up almost out of nowhere I'm probably going to grab the other two eventually. Did you get any good pulls?
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
>>26677154
Huh, just occurred to me that these are the first tins since 2003 to feature Sugi artwork.

We've had his stuff on deck shields and the recent elite deck shields, but it's quite refreshing to see something other than CG on one of the octagonal tins.
>>
>>26677452
Pulled a Skarmory EX from XY, and a reverse holo DCE from Legendary. Also a Trainer's Mail, Max Revive. Fists was shit as usual.

Was planning to sell some shitty holo cards tomorrow, so that Skarmory pull came at just the right time.

You get anything dec?
>>
File: IMG_20160609_235826.jpg (2MB, 3006x3883px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160609_235826.jpg
2MB, 3006x3883px
>>26677481
OP here, although it isn't prominent Sufi artwork has appeared on recent tins. Look at the top of this Kyurem tin
>>
>>26677506
Nothing special, I pulled a holo cinccino from legendary, a holo victreebell from fists and nothing remotely relevant from XY
>>
>>26677538
Ah, that's right, they did use them as the backdrop images for a while. Still, it holds true that CGI takes the forefront on every tin since the first though. As someone who's never been fond of that style, I dig these lower budget tins. Reminds me of the old WoTC packaging.
>>
>>26677568
Yeah it really caught my eye I definitely prefer this tin design.
>>
>>26677585
Funny thing is I didn't realize their depth until I went to pick one up, and it really took me back. While these can't be used to for storing cards horizontally, they're the perfect fucking height to fill that gap on the shelf that another proper tin wouldn't. They're the missing piece of my autism puzzle.

They're also the perfect height for storing coins, dice and pins.

While I'm gushing over these things, I fucking love how they have that extra lip of metal around the bottom. It gives the tin a palpable sturdiness, whereas the larger ones I always feel like I'm bending before I've checked out of the store.

Sorry about the pulls tho, at least you have a fancy Canuck Gengar.
>>
>>26677694
Preach man it was all the little things about this tin I really liked.
Hopefully I have better luck with the gyarados and machamp tins
>>
>>26677755
Glad I ain't alone.

I hate to be that guy and speculate, but if you have an extra 20 to 60, these might be worth keeping sealed and tucked away -- assuming they really are Canadian exclusive -- also assuming they start to disappear quickly. If they stagnate, I'd wait for a sale.
>>
File: 20160610_002421.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160610_002421.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>tfw the bottom is to shallow to stack on post-DP tins with fancy raised lids

Good thing I still have some oldies.
>>
they put em in tins so u cant steal the cards as easily
>>
>>26678548
It sure is summer around here.
>>
>>26678564
meh, is spring yet.
>>
>>26677481
tfw I bought a small Pokemon tin from Block Buster I got Armaldo EX from it though, tfw that was the highest HP I saw back then, now that's almost nothing.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.