[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These fucks are extremely annoying, not to mention irrelevant.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Team_Rocket_trio_XY.png (62KB, 351x284px) Image search: [Google]
Team_Rocket_trio_XY.png
62KB, 351x284px
These fucks are extremely annoying, not to mention irrelevant. Why are they still around in the anime? It's the only reason why I'm not caught up with the anime. If anything I think they should get their own spin-off anime
>>
>>26676780
As horrible as Best Wishes was, I liked how the TRio were more serious and competent in that saga.
>>
>>26676780
I agree with the spinoff anime.
>>
>>26676780
>they should get their own spin-off anime

I'd like this, and it might actually get me back into it. I personally love them, especially James, but am always disappointed that they can never win, and often loose for the dumbest reasons. I want to see them get reassigned to an all-new region, and since Ash isn't there to trigger their autism, they actually take over the region, gift-wrap it, and send it to a flabbergasted Giovanni.
>>
>>26676792

I liked how there was an *attempt* at making them more serious and competent, but... they were fucking boring. It could have been done well, but wasn't. Competent is great, but it came at the cost of everything that made them fun. Really, that was the story of Best Wishes in general - lots of great, creative ideas, carried out terribly.

They finally got it right around the Plasma and Decolore arcs, where they were still a threat, but had most of their personality back.
>>
>>26676780
They're the only good part of the anime. When the comedy relief was temporarily taken out in BW the anime was a snooze fest.
>>
File: 1331086789680.jpg (22KB, 174x171px) Image search: [Google]
1331086789680.jpg
22KB, 174x171px
>>26676841
I like the arc when Meowth pretends to be a good guy. I think Best Wishes was a good series overall. At least, better than AG and DP
>>
>>26676780

Because, They are beloved characters and they are popular as well.
>>
File: 1464874784879.jpg (7KB, 215x211px) Image search: [Google]
1464874784879.jpg
7KB, 215x211px
>>26676894
>BW is better than AG and DP
>better than AG and DP
>better
>AG and DP
FUCKING HELL
>>
>>26676780
inertia mostly.

they won't go until they NEED to go.
>>
File: 0439582093422.png (439KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
0439582093422.png
439KB, 800x450px
I honestly think that Team Rocket should stop going after weak-ass Pikachu and cause some mischief all around the region. Only occasionally would Ash & friends run into them and stop their plans. Sometimes getting away. They should be the penultimate in each season, right before the League/Champion.
>>
>>26676894

Yeah, that was a fun arc. That's really the thing with B/W - it really did have a lot of great ideas, including that arc. It tried to do things differently from other series, and most of those things were really interesting and clever. But the execution was, for the most part, just terrible. It had so much potential, and didn't live up to any of it. I'm not sure it's entirely the writers' fault. First the earthquake fucked with the Team Plasma plans, and then I suspect that they were jerked around a bit regarding game timelines - they rushed through the badges as if the generation was about to end, then had to do the Decolore filler arc to kill time, which I don't think could have been their original intention. But whatever the reasons, B/W really had some great ideas, but most weren't carried out well. The Meowth arc is an exception, that was a lot of fun.

>better than AG and DP
I'm fairly ambivalent on AG, but I think that D/P was by far the best of the series so far. B/W wasn't even close. Maybe it would have been if they'd been able to follow through on some of the ideas they had, but as it was, D/P is still well on top.
>>
File: 1335118209399.jpg (45KB, 185x311px) Image search: [Google]
1335118209399.jpg
45KB, 185x311px
>>26676894
I had some fun with that episode where Meowth tries to bargain with Scrafty because he kidnapped Axew, like the nigger he is
>>
>tfw you'll never get to hang out with James and do one of his hobbies he picked up as a kid.

Fuck I bet he could even tell you some interesting shit about bottle caps and like their history and shit.
>>
I like TR they definitely have some funny moments, but I feel if they left, the show would be dull and boring, think of it like this, Ash and group meet lost Pokemon, they help it find its friends, nothing happens, they find it's friends, end of episode, without TR this would be 90% of the series. TR are needed to bring action to the show or else it will just get boring.
I liked that they gave Jesse a goal, contests and Kalos Queen (Annoyed they only show her winning 1 key and not the other 2) they should really give James something to do, hell let him compete in Gym battles too, no reason he can't, it'd give Ash another rival one that we will actually see again after that region has ended
>>
Jessie was my first waifu.

I say cancel the fucking retarded show, and bring these guys back to the mainline games like yellow had them.
>>
>>26676780
they should do what Dragonball Super is doing to the Pilaf Gang
>>
>>26678019
>that entire post
You know that Ash and company can find other problems other than lost Pokemon? You know that Team Rocket doesn't have to keep chasing after Pikachu? You know that the episodes in XY that don't, or barely, have Team Rocket in them are practically the best ones? I honestly feel like they can flesh out the anime if they gave Team Rocket actual shit to do in the region, instead of shoehorning them into each episode that doesn't necessarily need them.

If anything they are useless. We already have comic relief through Ash's friends, and seriousness through Pokemon/Gym battles. If anything, keep Jesse and James's quirkiness but also make them an actual threat. Make them not follow Ash and instead try to follow orders through Giovanni and occasionally succeed, making them a bigger threat, and not just "Oh Team Rocket is in this episode, 100% they are going to blast off into the sky for the 900th time"
>>
>>26678019
While Season 1 had Team Rocket in every episode, most of the episodes itself were unique enough that it didn't really matter. Their behaviour led to bigger actions (such as summoning Ancient Giant Gengar etc). Sometimes, they were used just as a supporting cast as well (ghastly and the dead bride), so there was variety... enough so that it wasn't all that bad since most episodes were kept interesting. That has a lot to do with the spin of the early series though, as there was a lot of newly created mythology that wasn't connected to the games whatsoever, but did broaden the universe which made the show in itself way more bearable as well.
Nowadays, Team Rocket could easily be used by actually using them as another actual faction next to Team Flare or Plasma, or simply by giving them character development.
Not every episode has to be about them robbing Pokemon, they could easily just have their own dumb subplot. Or simply replacing them by using simple Pokemon as the main antagonist that cause problems; or helping whatever gym leader there is. Or retrieving whatever they need to retrieve.
>>
>>26678209
So the same thing the Pokemon anime is doing except without the action and reduce them to cameo roles and have Jessie fug Ash and Greninja's son from the future?
>>
>>26676780
>beyond +800 episodes
fuck this gay earth
>>
>>26678381
>keep Jesse and James's quirkiness but also make them an actual threat. Make them not follow Ash and instead try to follow orders through Giovanni and occasionally succeed, making them a bigger threat, and not just "Oh Team Rocket is in this episode, 100% they are going to blast off into the sky for the 900th time"
Sp basically what hey did in Best Wishes before backtracking like hell.

I'd be so fine with this; once Team Rocket went back to their bumbling squad selves after spending a good two or three seasons being awesome and competent, I just couldn't stand the show anymore.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.