[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a point in getting into the Ashime? With 18 years of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: 1465179073576.png (185KB, 656x770px) Image search: [Google]
1465179073576.png
185KB, 656x770px
Is there a point in getting into the Ashime? With 18 years of episodes, it seems like it'd be impossible to ever catch up.
>>
nope, watch a good show instead.

or read the comics or something if its gotta be pokemon related
>>
>>26675924
If you really are thinking about watching I'd say skip the episodes that are pure filler. Shouldn't be hard to catch up since 75% of the episodes are pointless to the plot.
>>
>>26675942
I dunno, I just see the trailer for the newest episodes and it looks pretty good. It's just, I haven't seen the show since 2002. Hard to catch up on 14 YEARS of never-ending content
>>
>>26675952
Don't let a budget fool ya senpai
>>
>>26675967
I guess if I had to, I could just watch the major battles? I don't really give a fuck about a generic "friendship makes us stronger than any Pokemon ever could be!!!!" theme for 18 years.
>>
>>26675924

To be pointless nonsense.

Ash Ketchum will never catch all of the Pokémon thus becoming a Pokémon Master.
>>
>>26676038
Did they even have a clear definition of Pokemon Master? I thought it was the equivalent to being Champion, but there's still confusion on whether if that's still right or not. I can see why they dropped ever mentioning the term "Pokemon Master" entirely as the series went on.
>>
>>26675984
I recall seeing some sites that list the episodes and tell you wether they are filler or not.

If you avoid all the fillers you'd probably catch up in a week or two
>>
File: 1442641209579.png (4MB, 2098x2350px)
1442641209579.png
4MB, 2098x2350px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_episodes_(seasons_1%E2%80%9313)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_episodes_(seasons_14%E2%80%93current)

Good luck
>>
>>26676070

>Champion?

No. You must catch all Pokémon to become a Pokémon Master.
>>
>>26675924
Everyone who posts this meme word deserves to get cancer in the ass
>>
>>26675952
So don't bother watching fucking everything. Watch episodes that interest you, or start following XY and skip the filler. Nobody remembers the oneoff characters of the day from 10 years ago, and nobody cares about them.
>>
>>26676086
In Red, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, and LeafGreen, after defeating Lance he says "I hate to admit it, but you are a POKéMON master!".
>>
>>26676070
The Anime's definition is intentionally vauge so there's no true End Goal for Ash.
Yet, despite that, the writers still assume that merely winning a League Tournament means they need to call it quits, despite still having an entire E4 and Champion to go through.
>>
Is there a point in getting into the games? With 20 years of games, it seems like it'd be impossible to ever catch up.
>>
>>26675924
Watch Kanto and from there just watch any season that piques you're interest. It's best to treat each season as their own series. Better yet, watch Kanto and then watch Kalos.

>>26675942
It's literally the only current monster anime that isn't a Yokai Watch reskin or has overly flamboyant designs. just fucking read narutaru
>>
>>26676140 (You)
>>
>>26675924
Watch Kanto, skip Johto till the league, skip to the tailend of Hoenn, watch the Battle Frontier, watch DP, skip all of BW, watch the DeColora Arc in BW so you understand what Ash's team is and to temper your expectations, and then watch XY and XY&Z.
>>
It scares me that there are people out there who have watched every single episode of this thing. There's so much better quality content in the world, and this is how you spend your time?
>>
>>26676213
Still saddens me that I used to think Ash was an amazing trainer and I looked up to him when I was a toddler. If only I would've known he would still be pursuing the same goal well after I've become an adult with no signs of stopping anytime soon.
>>
>>26676107

Nah. Pokémon Master must catch all Pokémon.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 800x450px
Just watch XYZ. It's the best the anime has been by a wide margin and the league is starting soon.
>>
>>26676301
Richard, is that you?
>>
>>26676107

In HGSS, He says Pokémon Champion.

They change " Pokémon Master tile" to something else.
>>
>>26675924
I marathoned the show with an ex, when BW was partway through. I dropped it, but she caught up in about a year and a half of daily watching.

>Is there a point in getting into the Ashime?

It's the only show about Pokemon. If you love the characters, you'll probably find some enjoyment in the show.

The original series had some real heart, DP had a decent arc, and XY has some lovely art, so it's not all about the mons either.

Plus, some movies are actually good. The first movie (with opening scenes) is pretty good, and Movie 8 takes things in a really different direction.
>>
>>26676099
I still remember that hot girl who had the Cubone
>>
>>26676401
Oh, and the Jirachi movie. That was another good one. I loved how Max was given the main role in the movie, the use of the Japanese song "Chiisaki Mono" is well done, and Jirachi isn't in-your-face like most movie mythicals, making it not only tolerable but enjoyable.
>>
File: akihabara.png (131KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
akihabara.png
131KB, 400x300px
>>26676099
>Nobody remembers the oneoff characters of the day from 10 years ago, and nobody cares about them.

But that's wrong, you idiot.

CoTDs are often more fondly remembered, because they aren't as ubiquitous. Prof. Akihbara was a fucking based character, to give an example.
>>
Skim XYZ if you want to catch up before the league.
However don't fall for the anime fangays. The show really isn't that good. The only reason people are jerking off the show right now is because it has shipping bait and decent animation (compared to Best Wishes)
>>
>>26676417
That's cause she was notable, ie "episode that interests you". I'm talking about people like the Sinnoh stat trainers. Remember those morons? Neither do I.

>>26676448
Literally who?
>>
File: PS1E6_screenshot17.jpg (77KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
PS1E6_screenshot17.jpg
77KB, 960x540px
>>26676459
>he hasn't seen episode 38

How about Seymour? Do you at least remember Seymour, you uncultured swine?
>>
>>26675924
Pick your favorite of May, Dawn, Iris, or Serena, and watch all the episodes of her generation.

If you either lose interest, or end satisfied but not eager for more, then end it at that. If it awakens a dark hunger in you for more, then go ahead and watch it all.
Each gen sans 2 is basically a fresh start. The only thing you miss out on is warm fuzzies when Ash calls back your favorite 'mon to deal with this very special episode.
>>
>>26676459
>Sinnoh stat trainers
Literally what is a stat trainer?
>>
>>26675924
It's promoting the games and merchandise. The anime is just one big pokemon ad, don't expect depth.
>>
>>26676177
>not watching all may episodes
>>
>>26675924

Just ask for an image guide to episodes.
>>
>>26676483
Nope, and I do not give a fuck. You dredging up every obscure oneoff character from OS just proves my point. Are these characters often brought up as memorable when we fondly think back on OS? Nope. Their episodes are unnotable, and if they were worth remembering they would already be.

>>26676500
Those five side characters in DPPt who each specialized with Pokemon using a certain stat. Cheryl, Mira, Riley, Buck, and Marley. Nobody remembers them except for Riley, and that's because he had a Lucario and gives you a Riolu egg. They appear in the anime too, with even less of a presence than they do in the games.
>>
File: Paul_Torterra.png (445KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Paul_Torterra.png
445KB, 800x450px
>>26675924
I just watched Ash and Paul's fights (from the Sinnoh arc) and they were mostly good but I was bushed after just those three fights. I don't think I'll ever attempt it without a filler guide.
>>
File: Nastina.png (338KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Nastina.png
338KB, 640x480px
>>26676616
>You dredging up every obscure oneoff character from OS just proves my point.

No, it doesn't, because your point was that nobody cares about any CoTD. I'm proving your point wrong. These aren't obscure characters.

Have another. Nastina, and her twin sister Brutella.
>>
>>26676616
>Those five side characters in DPPt who each specialized with Pokemon using a certain stat. Cheryl, Mira, Riley, Buck, and Marley.

Oh, I didn't know about the stat thing. Neat bit of trivia.

I actively remember Marley and Cheryl, took a second to remember Mira, but no fucking idea who Buck is.

Oh, that fucker. I try to forget him.
>>
>>26677235
And if it didn't go without saying, Riley is easy to remember, not only for the Egg, but for trying into the film.

But that's obvious, since Sir Aron is probably the most well known movie character after Lawrence III -- maybe Molly.
>>
>>26677205
>No, it doesn't, because your point was that nobody cares about any CoTD. I'm proving your point wrong. These aren't obscure characters.
Go back and reread my post. You're the only one bringing up these characters. They're memorable to you, ie their episodes were interesting to you. Does that mean they were memorable to everyone else? I don't see anyone else posting about why we don't remember these nameless oneoffs. Watch shit you like, ignore shit that doesn't interest you. Watching every single goddamn episode of Pokemon is a lesson in futility, because again, these filler oneoffs don't matter except to those who liked them.
>>
Just watch any season that peeks your interest. All seasons were made with a new audience in mind.
>>
>>26677235
I thought his name was Butch
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.