[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever managed to avoid spoiling most, if not all, the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 4

File: Leaks.jpg (30KB, 350x267px) Image search: [Google]
Leaks.jpg
30KB, 350x267px
Have you ever managed to avoid spoiling most, if not all, the pokemon for a new gen before playing the games? What was it like?
>>
it was like when Kylo Ren killed his father Han Solo
>>
I avoided gen 6 spoilers. It was pretty nice going in blind.
>>
First, second, and third gen.
>>
>>26671445
Rosebud was his sled.
>>
>>26671445
Everyone knows that by now, it's pretty much the new Vader's is Luke's daddy.
>>
I'll stop reading the pokeweb after E3. I want to discover Sun and Moon without spoiler. It will be hard.
>>
I was ready to give up and ignore pokemon before the third gen started, and then decided what the hell I'll get Sapphire the first day it came out. Turned out to be my favorite playthrough just because everything was a surprise.
>>
>>26671515
This
>>
I avoided most of XY's new Pokemon. Going in, I knew the starters, cover legends, Sylveon and the initially announced Megas.

Was SUPER hype going in, but it ultimately didn't make too much difference to my play through. Also ended up looking up the Megas after E4 anyway as they didn't appear for the most part in game.

Decided not to do it again for gen 7.

For those that're wondering, my team ended up being:

- Chesnaught
- Pyroar female
- Charizard Y (knew Mega existed, hadn't seen)
- Trevenant
- Avalugg
- Tyrantrum

Had a Spritzee for a while and boxed it the moment I figured out how to evolve it.
>>
I am going to box my starter this gem because of the leaks and use purely gen 7 pokemon
>>
I was unspoiled until gen 5. Being spoiled doesn't make the game any less enjoyable.
>>
>>26671518
somewhat interesting seeing that GF gave us all the details for ORAS, ruining a bit of the surprise for me...

on the other hand, being disappointed before or after is still lame. I somewhat hoped milotic would get a mega and an overworld model. instead, it even got stripped from its "most beautiful pokemon ever" title.
>>
>>26671432
Honestly I'm leaving /vp/ and serebii related news this Sunday. I want to go into this game pretty blind. The only thing I might check is how the final starters turned out just in case one of them is a /rock type (litten please) because I always do a rock monotype playthrough (favourite type).
>>
I can avoid spoilers for a game for the most part, but it's hard with Pokemon. The most exciting thing for me is finding out what Pokemon I can look forward to seeing when I play, so it kind of ruins the hype for me to not see them beforehand.
>>
>Gen 1: Was like 6 when it came out and didn't have internet so didn't know all the Pokemon until i git a strategy guide for RBY.
>Gen 2: Had internet but didn't know where to find new info so again had to wait till the strategy guide.
>Gen 3:Had internet knew some Pokemon sites but just didn't think to look further.
>Gen 4: My interest in Pokemon was waning so I didn't care to look far, I knew the Starter trio and a few other pokes but that's about it.

After that I was completely spoiled for Gens 5 and 6.
>>
But that's impossible. Even in G/S/C we all knew how the new pokemon looked like.
>>
>>26671632
I should also answer OP's question. The only game I have played mostly blind was RSE, and the previous games and that was because I never knew leak websites existed. I just went off of what my friends had spoiled for me at that time.

Sun/Moon will be my most blind game yet.
>>
Only gen 3. Gen 1 and 2 I was spoiled by the anime and the others I was spoiled by the internet
>>
>>26671641
Gens 1 and 3 are the only ones where I didn't know all the new Pokemon before playing the game. With 1 I started playing knowing some of them from the anime, but found out the rest between that and the game.
With 3 I pretty much only knew what was shown in a commercial, and the rest I found out by looking through the strategy guide that came with my game.
>>
>>26671432
Gens l-V yes, went in blind. Compared to gen Vl, it is more fun to me, and I'm going to avoid real spoilers (other than what we've seen so far, but that's not much) for Vll.
>>
I didn't use to browse boards like /vp/ back in the day, so almost all of my playthroughs were blind. The only thing I really kept track of were the release dates for the games. My last totally blind playthrough was Black.

I like riding the hype trains nowadays though, it's kind of cool to see which pokemon I should either get hyped for or be excruciatingly disappointed by. I think this is the first generation where I've liked ALL of the starters, so it already looks pretty promising.
>>
I avoided ORAS leaks. Not on purpose, I just couldn't be bothered after XY for a while. It was pretty good, I wasn't let down like everyone else because I didn't buy into the hype, so I had a good time playing through. Also the new megas were cool.
>>
>>26671432

Unspoiled for Gen 4 and 6, especially Platinum. Made Platinum absolutely fantastic for me, but I still thought XY was a bit shit. ORAS was fun though.
>>
I never cared to, I'd rather know rather than not
>>
>>26672131
How cool was the Deoxys reveal, anon?
>>
>>26671432
When XY leaked I stopped using the internet until they came out. Was a ton of fun to find a bunch of new pokemon and megas, since only about half or so were revealed ahead of time. Took a photo of every time I encountered a new mon for the first time and my friends enjoyed seeing my reactions to shit like Goomy since they had been all over the leaks. One of the things I remember is having mons be mentioned before actually encountering them, I talked to the NPC who mentions nobody believing her about a giant Gourgeist before I knew what it was and made me really excited to find one. Definitely an experience I suggest everyone tries once with a new generation, although considering they kept nothing hidden for ORAS it may mean avoiding even official announcements too.
>>
>>26672738
Was pretty cool, going through the delta episode unspoiled was overall really cool.
>>
>>26671445
Eli is blind.
>>
I'll try to do it this time.
I mean, I'll see the Pokémon and characters that are shown in trailers and CoroCoro, but no leaks.
>>
I almost did with Gen 6, but it didn't matter because only 3 Pokemon ended up being a surprise.
>>
I've been keeping myself off spoilers for the past 3 Gens, I usually just follow the hype for the first few months then stop so I can be surprised.
>>
>>26671432
I played X with only the official pre-release information known to me.
However so many Kalos Pokemon had been revealed that there were few I had not seen before, and Lysandre being the boss of Team Flare was obvious from the moment he appeared.

Hopefully SM will be more prudent about how much is revealed before the games come out.
>>
>>26671432
Gen 3 as a kid. Nearly no one bought a gba, nobody wanted to play pokemon. I only saw the legendaries and starters. Run to the store on release day asked my dad to get them...best gen ever
>>
Except for starters, I was totally blind for gen 5, which had already been out for 3 years by the time I played it. Great fun.

I bought into gen 6 hype and was burnt out, but I finished X again last month an
d had a blast.
>>
>>26671432
Im trying this gen, i'll watch any official trailers but avoid any kind of spoilers.
>>
all those sad fucks that played xy blind and expected something
>>
>>26673287
This exactly. I only learned about starters/box legends/whatever came out a while ahead of time, went into the game and barely found any Pokemon I didn't already know about.

Going to try harder to avoid stuff this gen, ideally I'd like to not know what the starters evos look like, but I know that even once I stop going here I'll still get shit spoiled for me on Facebook and Tumblr so it's unlikely I won't know anyway.
>>
File: 1459904759327.gif (1MB, 199x187px) Image search: [Google]
1459904759327.gif
1MB, 199x187px
>>26671432
I didn't know any of the XY mons other than the box legends, starters, and first route shitmons. Was thoroughly disappointed.
>>
>>26671445
Hail Hydra
>>
>>26671432
avoided completely gen III and VI, made me wish that I avoided gen IV and V, didn't know RS existed until they were already out
didn't have personal internet before that
>>
>>26671432
My first game was White, and I knew nothing about it coming in due to never being interested in Pokemon all that much. Everything was a surprise, and it was great.

I'm not somebody who minds spoilers all that much, but I hope I can at least avoid seeing leaks of the final evolutions of the starters. However this will be hard for me because I have no willpower when it comes to resisting leaks.
>>
>>26671432
The last games I played was fucking Ruby/Sapphire. So one day I said "I want to write some Pokemon fanfiction, but I don't know what new Pokemon exist. Here let me look them all up on Pokemondb so I can create new teams."

>>mfw all these unique type pairing
>>mfw Mawile, a long time favorite shelved due to bad stats, gets this megaevolution-thing and makes him playable
>mfw despite all the new mon, Smeargle is still my favorite

I still hold R/S in a sacred place in my heart, despite how shit the gameplay was. So my favorite team consists of mostly pokemon from that generation.
>>
>>26671432
I thought I did with XY. Then it turned out the few I've seen was basically all there is.
>>
>>26671445
Or like how Junko Enoshima was the mastermind all along and it was her twin that died in the beginning
>>
>>26671432
I did for gen 6 and was thoroughly disappointed at the lack of new Pokemon when I finally played the game.
Not planning on playing SM though, so I don't give a shit about spoilers.
>>
I did for Y because I wanted to replicate the fun I had going in virtually blind in Ruby. Discovering the new things made the game more entertaining, new Pokemon were a surprise. I'm thinking I might try to do the same with these games, if I can control myself.
>>
I went in completely bling for gen 6. All I knew were the first stage starters, and the box legendaries. Nothing else.

It was fun at first, but then you start getting the annoyance of not knowing how to evolve a certain pokemon, or where you might find that one new type pokemon that you really need for your team. It really makes you appreciate how much information we have on our fingertips nowadays.

I'll probably do the same for gen 7. Stay away from any pokemon sites (including /vp/) for two weeks or so while I try out the game. If it's good, I might keep going blind until I finish it. If it's just OK, I'll look up any info I need online.
>>
>>26671432
I didn't know a lot of the mons in Gen 5. Made surprising bros out of Cryogonal, Heatmor, Durant and Carracosta, none of whom I even knew existed.
It felt pretty good.
>>
>>26671432
First game was Emerald and I didn't spoil Diamond and Pearl.

Both were very interesting.
>>
No and I wont even try. I think experiencing that hype and speculating with community while waiting for the new games is one of the best things to experience. I'd hate to have missed Fairygate, Ottergate and the likes.
>>
>>26672943
What if they pull an ORAS and reveal everything?
>>
>>26674571
I want to rape and impregnate Junko.
>>
File: squeek.png (47KB, 175x248px) Image search: [Google]
squeek.png
47KB, 175x248px
>>26671432
Gen 5 was a complete blank for me outside the starters and the failed furbait.
Seeing new stuff constantly made it the best gen for me.
>>
I went in blind Gens 1-4 like most people here. I had to idea how to build a coherent team. For some reason my hype level spiked during gen 5 and I spoiled myself entirely. Never went back since
>>
>>26672766
>although considering they kept nothing hidden for ORAS it may mean avoiding even official announcements too
That's not really terribly hard, and I did that for XY too. I suppose I also don't go to major games sites or other aggregates that would post official stuff, but just stopping going to Serebii and /vp/ was enough to keep me in the dark with Gen VI.

I'm gonna do what other anons have said and leave once E3 starts, as after that we're liable to enter the same territory we did in XY and ORAS where a lot of the game gets revealed before hand officially.
>>
Most of the first 3 gens.

Some of Gen 4. Snorlax was/is my favorite pokemon so when I saw Munchlax I started digging and that opened the can of worms. I went into Gen 5 knowing the entire pokedex, most of the characters, and the plot.
>>
>>26676642
>I went into Gen 5 knowing the entire pokedex
Think I discovered the Gen 5 dex when Bulbapedia had an entire list up. Got super hype at the list and all the mons I liked the looks of on it. I'm a big bug type fan.
>>
I made the mistake of looking at only the XY promotional pokemon stuff, not knowing that it would be basically almost every new pokemon.
>>
>>26671445
Traitor.

sincerely finn.
>>
it was like when Kylo Ren killed his father Han Solo
>>
I did for Y because I wanted to replicate the fun I had going in virtually blind in Ruby. Discovering the new things made the game more entertaining, new Pokemon were a surprise. I'm thinking I might try to do the same with these games, if I can control myself.
>>
>>26671445
Bruce Willis was dead the whole time.
>>
I had completely dropped off of Pokemon when Gen 3 came along, so I played Colosseum blind.

It's not like playing the main games, but was still pretty fun
>>
I have memories of seeing all the Gen III Pokemon in a shitty kids magazine before the games came out. I also remember thinking Absol was going to be a legendary for some reason.
>>
>>26671432
Going into Sun/Moon blind. All I know is the starters region and legendaries, which are pretty much impossible to avoid.

I think it'll be easy to not get the rest spoiled, as some unimportant or non vital things are released some months before release, and the rest right before release.
>>
>>26680662
I went into Ruby/Sapphire blind when I was little, but just because I had no other choice

I remember I was shocked when my Lairon suddenly evolved again into that beast. Thought it was done evolving. Playing Pokemon blind is always the best experience.
>>
>>26671432
Went into the first 4 gens completely cold, it was great. Gen IV was odd first time through.
>>
>>26671432

Yeah, usually by sheer luck or forgetfulness.

>Play gens 1-3 and then don't get a DS so while I knew Pokemon was still alive I didn't know about gens 4 or 5
>Get a 3DS for Pokemon XY because it's the first 3D gen and the Pokedex has grown so much I want to get back into the series
>Discover the 3DS is backwards compatible so I buy all the DS games and I finish with all of them and port my Pokemon to Gen 6
>Walk into EB Games a week later, see Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, my jaw drops, and I buy the game completely blind I really enjoyed Gen 3 as a child

I feel like I got a good deal. When people say Delta Episode was spoiled it caught me completely off guard and had me gasp when Deoxys comes out of the meteor.

Same thing with Mega Evos. A lot of people got pissed off a few of them got spoiled but seeing Mega Gardevoir for the first time had me hooked on Gen 6.
>>
I didn't see Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist, Bermite, Avalugg, Mega Gyarados and Clawitzer before playing XY.

It was fun to see them for the first time.
>>
File: what_is_life.jpg (248KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
what_is_life.jpg
248KB, 800x800px
>>26671432
My brother gave me an imported Gen II strategy guide, so I was spoiled about all the Gen 2 Pokemon a full year before they even existed in the West.

By the time Gen 3 was announced in JP, I was an internet addict, so I knew the moment that each Pokemon "leaked" or was revealed (in Japan.)

Same with Gen 4, 5, 6, and this Gen. ;_;
>>
>>26671587
Agreed. The hype and excitement leading up to it is a part of Pokemon that I really love too, and I don't think I would want to miss out on it.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.